Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Calling it the "nuke deal" is such a pathetic reframing of reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

The Asay rule strikes again!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

I'm perfectly fine with this :confused:

^^ efb

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Or..you know...just scouts.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Oh. No.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I can't be having with all this non-binary gender neutral poo poo how am I supposed to know who I can rape without being called a fag?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

You can't touch this one, the pants are already on the ground. :colbert:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Note how they both have a line for a mouth, but the one on the right also has a narrow set of more realistic-looking lips under the nose. Apparently the cartoonist thinks all GNNBIPS would wear lipstick, but somehow not apply them to their entire lips.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm always divided on thinking that they take pleasure in fighting the same hopeless battles that all their sexist predecessors did, or if they really are ignorant enough to not know that's what they are doing.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lurdiak posted:

Calling it the "nuke deal" is such a pathetic reframing of reality.
It will fit reality any day now...

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
Nuclear deal, then.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

My Face When posted:

Or..you know...just scouts.

Yeap. Here's my :effort: edit.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Duke Igthorn posted:

My idiot boss and coworker were all blathering on about how this was just a plot to take away our guns and I pointed out that all three branches of the government are controlled by Republicans. The answer was a mumbled "Yeah but...like...next time...". They also refused my bet of a thousand dollars that gun rights won't be restricted in any way even when I stretched it out until the end of Trump's term. THAT is the motherfucking galling part: they KNOW that what they're saying is bullshit but they say it anyway.

That poo poo rots your brain.

Or, in other words:

im permabanned poster bangbangshooter58. i first started following the nra when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "guns" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "second amendment" and "obama gonna steal our guns" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "gun" style of the nra was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" the nra to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Duke Igthorn posted:

This comic literally has no positive comments on Gocomics. The site that cheers loving Lester.

and this is unexpected because?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol imagine being this terrified of queer children

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

edit: nevermind

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

The Big Word posted:

Speaking as an Eagle Scout, there was never a shortage of gay behavior and not fitting the traditional ideas of masculinity in the Scouts.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Cythereal posted:

Speaking as an Eagle Scout, there was never a shortage of gay behavior and not fitting the traditional ideas of masculinity in the Scouts.
Counterpoint: I doubt anyone in my troop, myself included, was ever thinking “You know what would make this camping trip worse? Girls!”

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 15, 2017

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
My nephew was in the scouts in Australia which was boys and girls and everything seemed fine there. None of the leaders were pedos either, which was a nice bonus.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Counterpoint: I doubt anyone in my troop, myself included, was ever thinking “You know what would make this camping trip worse? Girls!”

I think we would have, on the simple basis that teenage boys are assholes.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Starshark posted:

My nephew was in the scouts in Australia which was boys and girls and everything seemed fine there. None of the leaders were pedos either, which was a nice bonus.

Mormon church (and to a lesser extent the Catholic Church) has had a huge impact on scouting turning it into the weird amalgamation we have today.

Was somewhat happy to hear they did what they did that maybe the stranglehold on the group is loosening but when they said Dens were still segregated and scouts can't learn fully from each other, that means no real progress was made.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Duke Igthorn posted:

I absolutely can not believe that the old "Why aren't ____________ denouncing members of ________ group?" is STILL god drat working. ESPECIALLY not even a week after a horrific shooting that I've YET to hear one NRA member denounce. They've even backed off the weak rear end "bump stock" thing they were throwing around for two days.

It'll always work. The RWM is built to amplify whatever message is on tap and the rest of the media is so scared of appearing biased that they will inevitably treat it like a reasonable position.

The right, especially people like Ailes and Bannon, have known this for decades and have used it to get discourse to where it is today.

It's why there's panel fodder like Jeffrey Lord (rip) and Alex Castellanos, or why the Sunday shows always seem to have someone from Breitbart, the Washington Times, or some other blatantly biased and disingenuous source. It's also gotten so much worse under Trump, the only people willing to defend him are the worst of that crowd that have no concept of truth or integrity whatsoever and will say whatever they have to without blinking.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Big Word posted:

imagine being terrified of little girls

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Theresa May, living on the edge - Chris Riddell on Philip Hammond and the PM’s battle with Tory Brexiters"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Trump raises danger of war after move on Iran nuclear deal, Germany warns

Sunday Times:

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Telegraph:

This is just as bad as "thoughts and prayers" cartoons after a shooting spree. We loving know how rich and powerful assholes gets away with being sexual predators.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Oops I forgot to tell a joke :smith:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cloud Potato posted:

Sunday Times:

Looks like those clowns in Whitehall are at it again!

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Who would have thought that the rich aren't benevolent, gentle saints?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Cythereal posted:

My (Cub) scout troop was lead by a really religious man, who took my father aside to talk about me potentially being :siren: gay. :siren:

In a delicious twist, my father is gay, and I'm a lesbian now.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

haven't really posted in this thread much since romney lost or chris muir was banned (I forget which) but i hope there's no rule against posting garrison

Pretty sure this was a boss in Silent Hill 2

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
Christ, that anatomy. Wait a minute...

Got anything you want to tell us, Garrison?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

This but unironically

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

After The War posted:

Christ, that anatomy. Wait a minute...

Got anything you want to tell us, Garrison?

Hahaha.
I would not be too surprised if I found out that his extreme racism is motivated by an inability to accept his own sexuality.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

Xander77 posted:

I think you meant to say "That's not the Rod of Asclepius , nyah, just the most commonly used symbol for medicine in the Western world, how stupid can you get Gorrell?"

Americans use the caduceus, a symbol of commerce, for some reason. It's remarkably accurate though, they're just there for money, not healing.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Cloud Potato posted:

:britain:

Sunday Telegraph:

Horrjwoo?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
So what if I want to identify as a sofa? Society shouldn't be concerned with what I do in the privacy of my own home!

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

T-man posted:

My (Cub) scout troop was lead by a really religious man, who took my father aside to talk about me potentially being :siren: gay. :siren:

In a delicious twist, my father is gay, and I'm a lesbian now.

My troop was nothing of the sort and there was an awful lot of high school experimentation. The adults wrote it off as boys being boys.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Stiglich posted:

North Korea continues its harsh anti-US rhetoric.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

Trogdos! posted:

Stiglich posted:

North Korea continues its harsh anti-US rhetoric.

Hmm I wonder if drawing KJU soaked in blood and crushing the symbol of peace in his gory fist counts as "harsh anti-North Korea rhetoric"

• Locked thread