Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shy posted:

Didn't you mythic raid in wow? Just go and kill those things.

Presumably that’s why he’s asking.

Those are excellent numbers for O1S/O2S.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Shy posted:

Didn't you mythic raid in wow? Just go and kill those things.

Yeah but since it's effectively the hard mode of the current raid tier/patch I don't want to poo poo up 7 other people's time by under performing.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:
how important are the sidequests? I am outleveling stuff right now and I enjoy healing dungeons more than doing the side quests.

If I keep doing the main quest and do dungeons, I am fine, right?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Bolow posted:

Yeah but since it's effectively the hard mode of the current raid tier/patch I don't want to poo poo up 7 other people's time by under performing.

O1s/O2s are like a warmup. Don’t worry about them.

I mean learning parties at this point might be bad but...

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thatim posted:

how important are the sidequests? I am outleveling stuff right now and I enjoy healing dungeons more than doing the side quests.

If I keep doing the main quest and do dungeons, I am fine, right?

You will see side quests marked as blue plus - those are important (they unlock features), regular ones aren't.
Conjurer as the first class is the pro choice.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Shy posted:

You will see side quests marked as blue plus - those are important (they unlock features), regular ones aren't.
Conjurer as the first class is the pro choice.

Hell yes

farming player commendations feels good. I have no idea if it serves any purpose but whatever

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Thatim posted:

Hell yes

farming player commendations feels good. I have no idea if it serves any purpose but whatever

Achievement rewards!

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thatim posted:

Hell yes

Play a tank then. And the cheevo points can be traded in for stuff in Gridania.

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

I thought healers where in more short demand.

But I'll stick to my conjurer / white mage for now before I fall in to the rabbit hole of alts again

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Still recruiting for Ultimate goon static!
https://catgirl.bargains/topic/213-ultimania-goon-static-extreme-savage-ultimate/

(and thread OP screencap for those who can't access forums)

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Thatim posted:

I thought healers where in more short demand.

But I'll stick to my conjurer / white mage for now before I fall in to the rabbit hole of alts again

One character can be every class in the game. No need for alts.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Why anybody would want to subject themselves to the story grind again is beyond me

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

Brainamp posted:

One character can be every class in the game. No need for alts.

No, but I need to level up a new tank spec, right?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Thatim posted:

No, but I need to level up a new tank spec, right?

Well sure, but you get a bonus to anything lower than your max and the game shits out exp+ newbie gear at the tutorial place.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

New characters don't get any benefits. One character can do everything. You do have to level each job separately but you get an armory exp bonus as long as it's not your highest level job.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

"Armory exp bonus", just say there's XP rubberbanding sheesh

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Kettlepip posted:

Have 2 ammo. Pot Hypercharge > Hotshot (Gauss R) > 1 (Reload) > 2 (Flamethrower OH) > 1 (Reassemble Wildfire) > 3 (Quick R Rapid Fire) > 2 (Gauss R) > 3 (Ricochet) > Cooldown (Overload Rook) > Cooldown > 1

So do you bstab somewhere in there or do you just have to wait like 4-5 ticks for the flamethrower to overheat you?

e: Assuming I understand how Flamethrower works correctly, it seems like it has 180 * 2.38 / 3 = 142 potency/second?

vOv fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 15, 2017

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Lizard Wizard posted:

"Armory exp bonus", just say there's XP rubberbanding sheesh

it's called "the armory bonus" in-game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

More like jargon bonus am I right folks???

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Ibblebibble posted:

Didn't some grognards say that implementing jumping would destroy all immersion?

In what capacity? :stare:

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

they can't jump irl

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Your average video game player is like five hundred pounds. These are people who have never jumped and can't fathom what it's like.

I guess I could see some legitimacy behind saying that it's silly to see people jumping around all over the place, but really it's an anime catgirl fantasy game, what's there that wouldn't normally break immersion?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Um, excuse me, have YOU ever jumped wearing a full suit of platemail while carrying an axe bigger then you are? No, I didn't think so :smuggo:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bunny hopping everywhere you go in video games is a beloved tradition. I can’t imagine I’d stick with an MMO that doesn’t allow for that

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

typically whenever this comes up it's massive grouches that get mad about people jumping everywhere in wow

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

I made my friend a room under my stairs

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

How did you manage to get something to clip that far into the stairs? I've been trying to find a way to hide the ugly avocado triangle in my basement.but everything insists on being like a foot away from the edge of the steps.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

You can drop things from storage but most of those items I was just able to place there normally

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ibblebibble posted:

Didn't some grognards say that implementing jumping would destroy all immersion?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

In the capacity that Tanaka answered: "We don't think it's necessary." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpxo1WFaYnE&t=145s

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

In the capacity that Tanaka answered: "We don't think it's necessary." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpxo1WFaYnE&t=145s

watching old FFXIV 1.0 interviews is like watching a video of someone saying "I'm going to live forever!" twenty four hours before their tragic murder

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Is Shinryu EX the first time that jumping has been useful in instanced content?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
THEORY TIME!

So at the end of the 4.x story, in the post credits scenes: we saw Elidibus was talking with the Emperor and when he removed his mask, the Emperor was surprised. This whole time, we've been assuming that he had possessed the body of Gaius. I have a different idea. What if he possessed the body of Zenos? In 4.1, Lyse said that the graves of Zenos and his soldiers was vandalized and then in the post-credits scene, there were Imperials talking about Zeno's death just being a rumor and that he was only wounded and returned to the capital. Thoughts?

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

vOv posted:

Doesn't jumping keep you from being frozen in o4?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Dryzen posted:

I made my friend a room under my stairs

This is a cool concept.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

THEORY TIME!

So at the end of the 4.x story, in the post credits scenes: we saw Elidibus was talking with the Emperor and when he removed his mask, the Emperor was surprised. This whole time, we've been assuming that he had possessed the body of Gaius. I have a different idea. What if he possessed the body of Zenos? In 4.1, Lyse said that the graves of Zenos and his soldiers was vandalized and then in the post-credits scene, there were Imperials talking about Zeno's death just being a rumor and that he was only wounded and returned to the capital. Thoughts?

Ooooh that makes a lot of sense

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there were a lot of bad things about 1.0 but the worst one was all the low cliffs in La Noscea and also a few in Thanalan iirc that you couldn't freakin jump down from

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mordiceius posted:

THEORY TIME!

Based on the conversation between the imperials I think it's more likely that either we got Zombie Zenos, or there are another dozen or so Zenos clones waiting to be decanted. I mean, The Garleans have been loving around with Allagan artificial human technology for how long now?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Based on the conversation between the imperials I think it's more likely that either we got Zombie Zenos, or there are another dozen or so Zenos clones waiting to be decanted. I mean, The Garleans have been loving around with Allagan artificial human technology for how long now?

I think it's more that Elidibus is Zenos now and Zenos's body is going to be the "Nidhogg's eyes" of 4.x/5.0. We'll get a reveal in 4.5 that Elidibus is Zenos now and something will spark the invasion of Garlemald just how Nidhogg's eyes sparked the invasion of Gyr Abania.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Mordiceius posted:

THEORY TIME!

This was my thought. I hadn't even considered alternatives.

vOv posted:

Do you not have to jump onto Bismarck?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

SonicRulez posted:

Do you not have to jump onto Bismarck?

Strictly speaking no, but jumping forward does let you get on a second earlier