Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sinburger
Sep 10, 2006

*hurk*

Booted up after a month away to get a game in on FRIDAY THE 13TH because why not. Was set as random Jason random counselor. Got selected as Jason VI and went 6/8 ( one guy quitting, one survivor, one dead jarvis).

My last kill with seconds to go was a Chad that was clowning on me all match. Feels good man.

Also if anyone is interested, the playstation store is selling the F13 box set (movies 1-8) for $50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I want to play as Fox so bad, though they could have done a little better on the nose since they got the ok for her likeness, but small potatoes.

Wish we had a release day for her.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoC6MMRdVyY

:discourse:

Goon game at its finest.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You know

Some times context just isn't needed nor wanted

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
Tonight on Friday the 13th:

:dance::dance::dance:SWEET RAVE PARTY:dance::dance::dance:

Also...

This is why Gun needs to add in film style jump scare options for corpses. We know this was a weird bug, but Poopcup and I were actually loving spooked that there was a goddamn corpse hanging from the ceiling.

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
On steam the game seems to be broken. It's giving virtually everyone this error on launch - Untrusted system file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F13Game\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX\APEX-1.3\Win64\VS2015\apex_clothingprofile_x64.dll)

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I see I chose poorly when I decided to hang out with my other friends that night.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Shemp the Stooge posted:

On steam the game seems to be broken. It's giving virtually everyone this error on launch - Untrusted system file (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F13Game\Engine\Binaries\ThirdParty\PhysX\APEX-1.3\Win64\VS2015\apex_clothingprofile_x64.dll)

It seems to be affecting other games as well, as someone was asking me about dead by daylight doing the same thing a few hours ago. Try verifying the files within Steam and see if that helps.

Finally hit level 101! I win! :D Wait, no I don't. :negative:

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
As a complete aside, I am level 40-something and I've never found a Pamela tape or seen a Jason kill.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I almost took part in a Jason kill the other night, but the guy working with me (and the stuck Jason who couldn't attack) didn't know the key part of the kill was that Jason had to be knocked to his knees with a baseball bat. I sweater stunned him, then the Tommy Jarvis with a machete whacked him and broke the machete because they still haven't loving fixed the Luck skill weapon durability yet (!), and then I knocked him to his knees but it was too late by then. And I tried to explain over mic but either they didn't hear me or ignored me.

That seems to be the biggest mistake people still make when trying to do a kill, and I can't believe this game has been out for months and people still don't know how to do it properly. "Do I need the mask, I heard you have to have the mask! Whack him with the machete now, now! Why didn't it work?!"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

King Vidiot posted:

Should've figured that the Super Secret Trick to Killing Jason would be figured out by Twitch streamers and YouTube gamers in a mad rush to be the first to blab it to the world for hits.

So there it is, all laid out there... and the game isn't even out yet.

King Vidiot posted:

I almost took part in a Jason kill the other night, but the guy working with me (and the stuck Jason who couldn't attack) didn't know the key part of the kill was that Jason had to be knocked to his knees with a baseball bat. I sweater stunned him, then the Tommy Jarvis with a machete whacked him and broke the machete because they still haven't loving fixed the Luck skill weapon durability yet (!), and then I knocked him to his knees but it was too late by then. And I tried to explain over mic but either they didn't hear me or ignored me.

That seems to be the biggest mistake people still make when trying to do a kill, and I can't believe this game has been out for months and people still don't know how to do it properly. "Do I need the mask, I heard you have to have the mask! Whack him with the machete now, now! Why didn't it work?!"

these two posts amuse the gently caress out of me taken together

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
I just unlocked Tiffany last night. I am elated by the 80's as gently caress 'Muffin' top.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Coolguye posted:

these two posts amuse the gently caress out of me taken together

Taken months apart, once before the game was even out and once months later? :confused:

That's like saying it's totally cool for a movie reviewer to blurt out the ending to the New Hot Movie from a press screener they saw, because once the movie comes out everybody's gonna know the ending anyways. Even if you're new to the game, it's been out plenty long enough to know how to kill Jason.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

joepinetree posted:

As a complete aside, I am level 40-something and I've never found a Pamela tape or seen a Jason kill.

I'm level 80 and have almost 200 hours and have never seen a Pam tape.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

King Vidiot posted:

Taken months apart, once before the game was even out and once months later? :confused:

That's like saying it's totally cool for a movie reviewer to blurt out the ending to the New Hot Movie from a press screener they saw, because once the movie comes out everybody's gonna know the ending anyways. Even if you're new to the game, it's been out plenty long enough to know how to kill Jason.

i'm not insulting you for it dude, the fact that it was months apart is what makes it funny to me

e: like, expectation versus reality and the weird way things turn out

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 16, 2017

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Regrettable posted:

Yeah, the Pam tapes were executed extremely poorly. They're so rare that there's no hype behind finding them because statistically you just aren't going to.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

ComposerGuy posted:

Yeah, the Pam tapes were executed extremely poorly. They're so rare that there's no hype behind finding them because statistically you just aren't going to.

I have to imagine changing the statistics to something manageable wouldn't be that hard, right? Or are they supposed to be that extremely rare?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Regrettable posted:

I think I was level 86 in about 240 hours before I saw my first Pamela tape. I got my 3rd or 4th Pamela tape last night at level 100. Even the devs have said that they've made the tapes too rare, but even then I don't think they'd changed them. I figured most people did what I had done and looked them up on YouTube anyway.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm level 25 in game and found one the other night. I didn't even recognize what it was at first.

Gzuz-Kriced
Sep 27, 2000
Master of Spoo

King Vidiot posted:

That bold part isn't true. I've been a part of two kills and neither one used a baseball bat. As far as I'm aware the machete should have worked, so maybe it didn't just because it happened to break. Watching some videos it appears you may have to hit him multiple times with a low stun weapon.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Jason can be killed!?
:confused:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Jason can be killed!?
:confused:

So we had a fun game yesterday

I was the most useful Chad ever who just watched a bunch of tragedies unfold. I forget who Jason was, but I was a Chad with an axe. I found the gas and the battery and got two Hippies into the two seater and let them leave, only for them both to die horribly. Another Chad rolled up and we started to escape, things went sideways and we had to abandon things.

Cops got called, fourseater got fixed, I got into it

Jason stopped the four seater

By this point I've hit Jason a few times with my axe of unbreaking and I knock his mask off. Tinfoil and Jet, who is Tommy, go off to try and kill Jason while I just stay at the car. I don't try to drive it because I'm actively just not doing that. Instead I get into the back seat and I just sit there. Jason comes by, puts traps down, goes to deal with them.

Cops come right near where I am so I just slide out and get out.

Other Chad gets away everyone else dies.

Chad Supreme

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Burkion posted:

So we had a fun game yesterday

I was the most useful Chad ever who just watched a bunch of tragedies unfold. I forget who Jason was, but I was a Chad with an axe. I found the gas and the battery and got two Hippies into the two seater and let them leave, only for them both to die horribly. Another Chad rolled up and we started to escape, things went sideways and we had to abandon things.

Cops got called, fourseater got fixed, I got into it

Jason stopped the four seater

By this point I've hit Jason a few times with my axe of unbreaking and I knock his mask off. Tinfoil and Jet, who is Tommy, go off to try and kill Jason while I just stay at the car. I don't try to drive it because I'm actively just not doing that. Instead I get into the back seat and I just sit there. Jason comes by, puts traps down, goes to deal with them.

Cops come right near where I am so I just slide out and get out.

Other Chad gets away everyone else dies.

Chad Supreme

That was me as Jason.

You, Ozone and Tinfoil were the ones that got out.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

That bold part isn't true. I've been a part of two kills and neither one used a baseball bat. As far as I'm aware the machete should have worked, so maybe it didn't just because it happened to break. Watching some videos it appears you may have to hit him multiple times with a low stun weapon.

He does have to be knocked to his knees though and the baseball bat is the best way to do it. You don't want him getting out of that sweater daze, so you probably ought to take a bat.

e: Yeah if you want to take apart what I said, you don't "literally" need a bat it's just the best way to stun him and that sweater animation doesn't last long.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

So Icey Seifuku posted:

That was me as Jason.

You, Ozone and Tinfoil were the ones that got out.

I was PRETTY sure you were Jason. You were either Jason or the other Chad. Just after a few dozen games things

Blend

Especially after dance parties.

I like to be a helpful Chad. Sadly Helpful Chads are not the most useful things in the world and everyone still tends to die.

So Icey Seifuku
Dec 26, 2007

Burkion posted:

I was PRETTY sure you were Jason. You were either Jason or the other Chad. Just after a few dozen games things

Blend

I like to be a helpful Chad. Sadly Helpful Chads are not the most useful things in the world and everyone still tends to die.

Why would I play Chad, when Deb exists?

I was relieved that Ozone escaped as at that point I knew which one you were so I could focus on tolerating your presence.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
The double XP weekend is gonna be extended to tomorrow morning FYI

:getin:

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

Blend

I was the other Chad.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Coffee And Pie posted:

Oh so sweet, I might unlock Stoner Dude beforehand

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Regrettable posted:

I was the other Chad.

See, I never remember your forum handle.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Coffee And Pie posted:

Have they fixed the fatal error yet? Otherwise this is loving useless for a bunch of people.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Burkion posted:

See, I never remember your forum handle.

It's probably better that way. I do a lot of shitposting in other subs.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So here are two pro-tips from your pal Burk

Pro-Tip 1- When some one wants to make a deal with you as Jason, and the match is clearly not going to be a super serious one for one reason or another, say because there's only 5 people or whatever, go ahead and take them up on that deal. Especially if that person is me. I will honor the deal until pain of death.

Pro-Tip 2- If you hear a deal concerning one person collecting all of the keys and keeping them away from the other survivors, do not then tell that person where those keys are and then leave them there to be collected without at least informing others of what you know.

Unrelated, having an inventory that was two keys and a fuse is pretty great and I encourage all to do so

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Gzuz-Kriced posted:

I've only seen Jason killed once, Tommy did it solo so it didn't even involve the sweater. I was carrying a can of gas over to the boat with Tommy as a bodyguard. Baghead Jason teleports in front of us and his mask is already gone. I run away while Tommy starts fighting him with a machete. Next thing I know the Jason kill cutscene starts up and he's dead. I don't know if it was a glitch or what. Anyone else seen anything like this happen?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Son of a Vondruke! posted:

I've only seen Jason killed once, Tommy did it solo so it didn't even involve the sweater. I was carrying a can of gas over to the boat with Tommy as a bodyguard. Baghead Jason teleports in front of us and his mask is already gone. I run away while Tommy starts fighting him with a machete. Next thing I know the Jason kill cutscene starts up and he's dead. I don't know if it was a glitch or what. Anyone else seen anything like this happen?

Tommy can't kill Jason solo. Someone has to use the sweater to stun him so he can be knocked to his knees to kill him.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...lery_7432&pid=1

quote:

NOTE: It's impossible to kill Jason Voorhees solo. Bring 2-4 players for a successful murder.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Oct 17, 2017

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Burkion posted:

So here are two pro-tips from your pal Burk

Pro-Tip 1- When some one wants to make a deal with you as Jason, and the match is clearly not going to be a super serious one for one reason or another, say because there's only 5 people or whatever, go ahead and take them up on that deal. Especially if that person is me. I will honor the deal until pain of death.

Pro-Tip 2- If you hear a deal concerning one person collecting all of the keys and keeping them away from the other survivors, do not then tell that person where those keys are and then leave them there to be collected without at least informing others of what you know.

Unrelated, having an inventory that was two keys and a fuse is pretty great and I encourage all to do so

Tip 3- If someone died in the same room that said deal was made in less than a minute beforehand, be aware of who gets brought back as Tommy.

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

Regrettable posted:

Tommy can't kill Jason solo. Someone has to use the sweater to stun him so he can be knocked to his knees to kill him.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/art...lery_7432&pid=1

It happened pretty shortly after release, so maybe it was just one of the numerous glitches.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've heard sporadic stories about Jason getting knocked to his knees without being sweater'd, I have no actual evidence for it but I almost wonder if it has to do with how much actual damage he's taken in a round. So many people pass up high attack weapons for high stun weapons that it's hard to get a guage.

Speaking of rumours, has anyone figured out what picking up Jason's mask does? I've heard people say forever ago that it might make Pam's warning not play if you go into the shack, but I've never heard a confirmation

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
If you have his mask then Pam's warning will not play. Which is dumb because at that point Jason will already be on high alert for kill potential and likely finish off any female counselors or Tommy.

Most kills are setup entirely before his mask is off, then the beatdown begins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Oh yeah that reminds me, I had a great moment in a match the other day where I was kinda floundering as Jason a little bit and some players had the idea to try and kill me. I was going after a Vanessa-with-a-sweater and an AJ in a cabin, and I overheard them talking to their nearby Tommy. But then Tommy talked over the mic and I could hear him because he was like 20 feet behind me. So I immediately shifted into an about-face and grabbed him and killed him, so suddenly that when I went back to the cabin to go after the other two they were still discussing how they were gonna set up the kill. I let them know that I just killed their Tommy.

• Locked thread