Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

prefect posted:

this was the place. it was nice

i was going to argue, but vouvray is all about chenin blanc, and chenin blanc is where it is at for white wine

still more a red drinker, but a good chenin on a warm day~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Dislike button posted:

the best wine is zinfandel

Beringer White Zinfandel fan spotted

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

also, despite my complaining about people arguing against shiraz earlier, where it is actually at now for (single varietal) reds: cabernet franc. suits the palates of today, and is yet deep and interesting

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Captain Foo posted:

red wine > white wine

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tonight i am drinking a michelada

1 can of mexican beer
1/4 cup lime juice
2 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
a pinch of salt

:yum:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

prefect posted:

i like champagne. white wines in general are better than red wines
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP97PPTufJA

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
rosé: have the best of both worlds

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

prefect posted:

i like champagne. white wines in general are better than red wines

this is at least true for sparkling

prosecco > lambrusco

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

voted everything but vodka

https://twitter.com/AmericanDrink/status/101455658649534464

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want to dip my CPU heatsink and fan into 99%.

Cleaning my computer; and I breathe in here?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
methylated spirits filtered through some bread

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i wanna know what that does

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
don't do it echi it's a trick!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
living in norway has ruined my alcohol tolerance, went for a few drinks yesterday and was fairly merry on what id have considered a reasonable working lunch back in the uk

to quote stymie, high alcohol prices are the scourge of a nation

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
my go to red is a malbec

i've never had a bad malbec

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

my go to red is a malbec

i've never had a bad malbec

same

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

also, despite my complaining about people arguing against shiraz earlier, where it is actually at now for (single varietal) reds: cabernet franc. suits the palates of today, and is yet deep and interesting

agreed

i used to live in the finger lakes region and they're big into cab franc and i can't say i blame them, its good stuff

personally i preferred their baco but its not for everyone; "why would anyone ever drink this???" -my dad at a winery trying baco noir for the first time

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/258230257893666816
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/260392425552482307

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

He thinks that diet coke is a weight loss supplement.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it was my birthday and I asked everyone to bring a bottle of whiskey they'd like to share with friends.

worked out p well.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
my siblings bought me a bottle of rakija for my bday #blessed

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
tbqh even though i have managed to contain my raging alcoholism by just drinking 12 beers a day, the Glenlivet is really God's Own Scotch imvho

to me the beer is a delicious supplement to life, yet something un-special in the day-to-day scheme of things; weak enough that i can't nearly kill myself from drinking it in large amounts but potent enough that it gets the job done.

the Glenlivet is like butter or a fine garnish to the otherwise bland and unappetizing meal that is known as life, leading to a state of near-joy that masks the otherwise sysiphean journey that is a man's daily existance

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
a dozen beers every day is absolutely enough to kill yourself with man, get some dang help

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

well yeah but that's a gradual or deferred death. it's tough to want to drink enough beer in a sitting to get alcohol poisoning

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Salt Fish posted:

He thinks that diet coke is a weight loss supplement.

unfortunately he makes an amazing point that a lot of people miss, about all sorts of processed foods, and that it doesn't matter if your rice crackers are only 3 calories each, they don't satiate your bodies energy requires for that three calories and they make you hungrier for eating them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

OldAlias posted:

well yeah but that's a gradual or deferred death. it's tough to want to drink enough beer in a sitting to get alcohol poisoning

unless you were drinking them with some gimmick like a funnel to get drunk, i dont know if it would be possible. by the time you were ordinarily passed out you wouldnt be so drunk that you werent able to protect your airway. but with spirits you can easily consume many standard drinks in an hour, especially toward the end of the night when you can down straight spirits without any issue

i enjoyed some beer yesterday. i do make some bad choices though. i ate pizza hut.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

that is rather disturbing

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

echinopsis posted:

unfortunately he makes an amazing point that a lot of people miss, about all sorts of processed foods, and that it doesn't matter if your rice crackers are only 3 calories each, they don't satiate your bodies energy requires for that three calories and they make you hungrier for eating them

thats why we made him president

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Beast of Bourbon posted:

it was my birthday and I asked everyone to bring a bottle of whiskey they'd like to share with friends.

worked out p well.

ur suntory looks sick

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

OldAlias posted:

it's tough to want to drink enough beer in a sitting to get alcohol poisoning
speak for yourself

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Cat Face Joe posted:

ur suntory looks sick

i have a bottle of it on my counter right and can confirm its good

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

Kuvo posted:

i have a bottle of it on my counter right and can confirm its good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_90b7ID8B-Q

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i have got to get back into that show. i think i didn't finish the latest season.

Ragtime All The Time
Apr 6, 2011

ran out of tonic but have a bunch of limes so now i'm drinking ye olde new amsterdam gin with lime juice and ice, seems good

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
tonight it’s an Almanac Dogpatch Currant for us

then who knows what, maybe a 21st Amendment Brew Free Or Die Blood Orange IPA or an Einstök Ölgerđ Toasted Porter

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Ragtime All The Time posted:

ran out of tonic but have a bunch of limes so now i'm drinking ye olde new amsterdam gin with lime juice and ice, seems good

squeeze a lime into the gin, add ginger ale to taste, and you got yourself a gin buck. a favorite cocktail of mine while entertaining

add soda instead and it's a gin rickey. also very good.

warning: you want to use fancy ginger ale. not Seagrams. Seagrams gin is fine, but not Seagrams ginger ale.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

was drinking the einstök double bock last night and it's not bad, but a little thin for the style i think. i like their beers in general though

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

had cbc lager with some snacks last night

a bad habit, as cbc lager is good, but it is precisely the kind of good that the germans and czech do with precision at low prices, but comes with the craft beer surcharge

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

big scary monsters posted:

was drinking the einstök double bock last night and it's not bad, but a little thin for the style i think. i like their beers in general though

21st amendment is bad and if you disagree you're bad and wrong.

if you're in sf go to a good brewery instead like cellarmaker or cross the bridge to fieldwork or rare barrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

Lyon posted:

21st amendment is bad and if you disagree you're bad and wrong.

if you're in sf go to a good brewery instead like cellarmaker or cross the bridge to fieldwork or rare barrel.

agreed. their stupid hell or high watermelon is one of the worst beers I’ve ever had.