Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I propose the Our Place in the Sun Act.

This act is aimed at curbing the power of our southern neighbors, with two directives:

1. We must declare war against the Moroccans and not stop until 100% warscore is reached, with the Moroccans losing land by whatever means necessary, whether by releasing nations, returning cores, or us taking land from them.

2. We must only declare it when no Great Power will come to Morocco's aid.

Liking this, but I don't think point 2 there needs its entire own slot, you can just tack it on as a qualifier to 1. In its place I'd put something like "If an opportunity presents itself for an easy war against France (e.g. they're losing a major land war, have rebel problems), go kick them around a bit". Except made all official sounding, of course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Talas posted:

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

Our navy should also be able to challenge for control of the Strait of Gibraltar so Morocco doesn't get any ideas (and allowing us to execute our own ideas).

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I propose the Andalusi Consolidation Act:

1. Reconquer Portugal, by whatever means necessary.

2. Begin aggressive colonial expansion in North America, with the goal of a land connection between our two major colonies there.

I may be late to the party, but the Taifas have my vote and Cyrahzax has my vote!

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

2. Begin aggressive colonial expansion in North America, with the goal of a land connection between our two major colonies there.

Voting for this, we need quick and easy colonies before trying to go toe to toe with great or major powers again.

I do think the two should be flipped in priority, since fighting Portugal will likely mean another go with the celts if they are still defender of the faith.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Moroccan Matter

1. Declare war on Morocco with the primary intent of seizing Tangiers and Ceuta (thus consolidating our control of access to the Med and creating a permanent beachhead for future wars) and secondarily any particularly juicy other land the Regency wishes be it core or colony.

2. Having seized these two spaces, construct forts on them.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Talas posted:

I submit the :toot: Can't you see we need a hand, in the navy :toot: Act for rebuilding the Andalusian Navy and get ready to wrestle control of commerce in the seas... soon.

If it is boats you want, then it is boats you will have.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
edit: drat we can't

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
^^^never mind.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

The Ulema would be a better coalition partner, us Taifas have approximately zero reason to form a coalition with anybody. And beyond that I think it's just against the rules in general.

E: Beaten

Aeromancia
Jul 23, 2013

Talas posted:

Works for me!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

I propose the If you can't beat them, join them edict. In order to head off the Sunni rebels, we do the one thing that will stop them dead in their tracks and convert back to the Sunni branch of Islam.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Updated policies:

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Lord Cyrahzax, GunnerJ, Technowolf, Frionnel, Luhood, really queer Christmas, Soup du Jour, RZApublican, everydayfalls, devildragon777.

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I propose the Our Place in the Sun Act. This act is aimed at curbing the power of our southern neighbors, with two directives:
1. We must declare war against the Moroccans and not stop until 100% warscore is reached, with the Moroccans losing land by whatever means necessary, whether by releasing nations, returning cores, or us taking land from them.

Mr.Morgenstern, punched my v-card at camp, Quorum, Snipee.

Rodyle posted:

The Moroccan Matter:
1. Declare war on Morocco with the primary intent of seizing Tangiers and Ceuta (thus consolidating our control of access to the Med and creating a permanent beachhead for future wars) and secondarily any particularly juicy other land the Regency wishes be it core or colony.
2. Having seized these two spaces, construct forts on them.

Rodyle.

Talas posted:

Talas, ZearothK, Camoes, frankenfreak, Ralepozozaxe, Aeromancia, HiHo ChiRho, Ikasuhito.

Chatrapati posted:

I, Chatrapati ibn Chatrapati, would seek out to those who have glimpsed Allah through their meditations and dances, let our new Sultan bask in the energies of the faithful as he leads Al-Andalus towards unity with God.
Administrative advisors must be theologians, and no diplomatic advisors can be spymasters or traders.

Chatrapati.

Slaan posted:

I would like to submit the French conversion act for this body's approval:
1. The crown shall fund rebels and missionaries in the French mainland. If they find religious rebellions, then so can we.
2. The crown shall do the same in the land connections between our Gharbian colonies

Slaan.

mcclay posted:

I am going to submit the Urban Expansion Act:
1. Raise all provinces to at least 10 development, spread evenly among the three stats
2. Build a university in every state.

mcclay, unwantedplatypus, Pakled, Almanac, TheFlyingLlama, Erwin the German, sheep-dodger.

catlord posted:

Simmer Down, People:
We've spent far too long dealing with our own people getting pissed at us and trying to kill us. We need to do everything we can to keep this poo poo from happening, because it's a huge pain in the rear end to put down rebels when we're dealing with other poo poo.

catlord, the JJ.

Coalitions:

none.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Oct 17, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Wow this new faction sure is a font of political dynamism!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

As a point of order:

The New Ulema are literally the Shia clergy, shouldn't that proposal be a non-starter?

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

GunnerJ posted:

Wow this new faction sure is a font of political dynamism!

Don't push them too hard, they may do twice as much nothing!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Don't push them too hard, they may do twice as much nothing!

I don't know what you are talking about.The new salt mines are clearly operating at above projected levels.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Hashim What does our alliance situation look like? How much do the Moroccans actually hate us right now?

How many Universities do we have built? What's our tech situation look like compared to our neighbors?

Contemplating a "Maximize all tech levels, build stuff" type of bill, or seeking an alliance with one of our sadly now traditional foes. That way we only have to fight TWO great powers when the Taifas inevitably go full gently caress force with merchant backing.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Oct 16, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Rodyle posted:

As a point of order:

The New Ulema are literally the Shia clergy, shouldn't that proposal be a non-starter?

Crap, didn't read it properly I guess. Sorry AJ_Impy (I know you've tried this before).

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

paragon1 posted:

Hashim What does our alliance situation look like? How much do the Moroccans actually hate us right now?

How many Universities do we have built? What's our tech situation look like compared to our neighbors?

Contemplating a "Maximize all tech levels, build stuff" type of bill, or seeking an alliance with one of our sadly now traditional foes. That way we only have to fight TWO great powers when the Taifas inevitably go full gently caress force with merchant backing.

Our mil tech is as good or very close to our neighbours' (we're one tech behind France, on par with Morocco and Provence), but we're slightly behind on admin and dip. We also have 3 or 4 universities - in Cadiz and other well-developed provinces.

Our alliances are Bavaria and Liege, though neither are eager to join us in any offensive wars just yet (plus, we're in a regency for a few years). And Morocco detests us, no chance we'll be able to salvage anything from them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Rodyle posted:

As a point of order:

Hashim posted:

Crap, didn't read it properly I guess. Sorry AJ_Impy (I know you've tried this before).

Counterpoint: They aren't stupid, they're in a rapidly diminishing minority, and religious upheaval is looking more and more likely:

Hashim posted:

Policy Restrictions
The Reformed Ulema are the smallest faction, so there will be no province conversion, through policies or otherwise (coalitions are possible). There may be an increase in Sunni rebellion as well, since they’ll see the clergy as weak enough to revolt.

It's a genuine solution to a genuine problem. By promoting religious unity and making a few minor concessions, we stave off the muslim against muslim, Andalusi against Andalusi, brother against brother bloodshed that threatens to wash the peninsula. All it takes is humility and submission in the face of Allah instead of hardheadedness and mortal pride.

Let the motion stand, there's little else that can truly help us at this time.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Supporting this. I know it's way in the lead, but I feel like a bill mandating 100% warscore would bite us hard in the rear end somehow, and I'm all about American expansion.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

I, Chatrapati ibn Chatrapati, would seek out to those who have glimpsed Allah through their meditations and dances, let our new Sultan bask in the energies of the faithful as he leads Al-Andalus towards unity with God.

Administrative advisors must be theologians, and no diplomatic advisors can be spymasters or traders.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

I would like to submit the French conversion act for this body's approval.

1. The crown shall fund rebels and missionaries in the French mainland. If they find religious rebellions, then so can we.

2. The crown shall do the same in the land connections between our Gharbian colonies

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

This act is aimed at curbing the power of our southern neighbors, with two directives:

I concur. Though even the first stipulation might not be able to overcome the influence of the peaceniks.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

I am going to submit the Urban Expansion Act
1. Raise all provinces to at least 10 development, spread evenly among the three stats

mcclay fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Oct 17, 2017

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hashim posted:

Our mil tech is as good or very close to our neighbours' (we're one tech behind France, on par with Morocco and Provence), but we're slightly behind on admin and dip. We also have 3 or 4 universities - in Cadiz and other well-developed provinces.

Our alliances are Bavaria and Liege, though neither are eager to join us in any offensive wars just yet (plus, we're in a regency for a few years). And Morocco detests us, no chance we'll be able to salvage anything from them.

Hmm...I suppose it's the same situation with the Celts?

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

mcclay posted:

2. If all provinces are at least 10, raise to 20 development, spread evenly among the three stats

may I suggest replacing either 1 or 2 with an addendum to build more universities? They'll help reduce the cost of adding development

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Backing this.

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 17, 2017

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

unwantedplatypus posted:

may I suggest replacing either 1 or 2 with an addendum to build more universities? They'll help reduce the cost of adding development

Yeah, sure

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Simmer Down, People

We've spent far too long dealing with our own people getting pissed at us and trying to kill us. We need to do everything we can to keep this poo poo from happening, because it's a huge pain in the rear end to put down rebels when we're dealing with other poo poo.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

mcclay posted:

I vote for this

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

mcclay posted:

Thirded.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Talas posted:

Works for me

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

This, for better borders!

Almanac
Mar 16, 2008

OLD SCHOOL

mcclay posted:

Supporting this. We will science them so hard.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

mcclay posted:

works for me

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

mcclay posted:

This.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Mr.Morgenstern posted:

I support this bill. I have been asking for war with Morocco for centuries.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Talas posted:

Sounds good to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Soup du Jour posted:

Supporting this. I know it's way in the lead, but I feel like a bill mandating 100% warscore would bite us hard in the rear end somehow, and I'm all about American expansion.

Remember we're number one, so we're getting two bills.