Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Olive! posted:

You should go with Dragon's Dogma because it's actually a good game.

Yeah it looks like a good game. I missed out on it when it first came out on ps3 and never got a chance to go back to it. Now I get to experience it for the first time in HD woop!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

golf story. picross. mario.

[norm macdonald voice] oh the stars are out tonight

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

hi games, i think i might be getting promoted to management wizard soon!

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

IdealFlaws posted:

Yeah it looks like a good game. I missed out on it when it first came out on ps3 and never got a chance to go back to it. Now I get to experience it for the first time in HD woop!

I should note that I haven't played Shadow of War, but I intensely dislike what the publisher did with it and I have a slew of issues with Shadow of Mordor.

Dragon's Dogma has some amount of weird jank to it but is overall a very good game that I put many, many hours into.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm sorry

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Oh yeah the micro-transactions thing is disgusting. Hopefully it won't get in the way

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lizard Wizard posted:

F

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Chatter is that the Shadow of War microtransactions are completely irrelevant unless you get into the asynchronous invasion multiplayer for whatever reason or want to keep playing after the ending

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Playing through to the postgame, I still don't get why the microtransactions are in there, unless you obsessively HAVE to have Legendary equipment, which you don't. You can completely ignore them if you don't have a severe spectrum disorder.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

IdealFlaws posted:

Oh yeah the micro-transactions thing is disgusting. Hopefully it won't get in the way
The microtransactions and the cancer thing, yeah

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
It's weird how many games that had long, troubled dev cycles actually got released in 2017. We've had Overgrowth, Hat in Time, Last Guardian, FFXV, Cuphead, Persona 5, Grimoire(Quality notwithstanding, it did come out), A Metroid game...

Good to see people's hard work actually paying off in the end, makes me less skeptic about announcements like Prime 4 or BG&E2.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Update: it was a co-worker loving with me. Cool goof guy I hope you got a loving chuckle

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Samuringa posted:

It's weird how many games that had long, troubled dev cycles actually got released in 2017. We've had Overgrowth, Hat in Time, Last Guardian, FFXV, Cuphead, Persona 5, Grimoire(Quality notwithstanding, it did come out), A Metroid game...

Good to see people's hard work actually paying off in the end, makes me less skeptic about announcements like Prime 4 or BG&E2.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 is never coming out

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
also the bge2 they showed off looked like dogshit and isn't even a sequel

so who cares

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

idk if I really want to play the BG&E2 they showed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

BGE2 being no man's sky with a swearing ape is one of the biggest swerves in gaming history

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Samuringa posted:

FFXV and Last Guardian came out last year actually

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

Update: it was a co-worker loving with me. Cool goof guy I hope you got a loving chuckle

Report him for stealing office supplies.

Help Im Alive posted:

idk if I really want to play the BG&E2 they showed

You wot, mate? You havin' a fuckin' laff, guv?

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

No, seriously, does anybody know anything about Elex because it totally came out of nowhere for me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
BG&E2 appeals to me because I liked No Man’s Sky and I’m a swearing ape irl

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

food court bailiff posted:

No, seriously, does anybody know anything about Elex because it totally came out of nowhere for me.

Is that some kind of medication or something

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I have zero interest in BGE2 but I'm holding off that it ends up like a Splatoon level surprise.

Legit interested in that Starlink game.

It's a Pirahna Bytes game so it's probably their rebranded Risen which means it's huge, pretty, obtuse as gently caress, and a source of unintentional hilarity.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive! posted:

Is that some kind of medication or something

yeah you should really speak to a doctor about this sort of thing to see if Elex is right for you

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

What the gently caress is this really a thing?

e: I have owned SK on Switch for months.

Its loving great but you'll end up killing each other more than the enemies

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I played through all of Shovel Knight in coop with my brother. Its the kind of coop where actual cooperation never exists and you'll end up killing each other without even trying.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the first castlevania is relatively easy to beat in one go like we used to have to as long as you DON'T LOSE THE BOOMERANG BEFORE YOU GET TO DEATH

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

also the bge2 they showed off looked like dogshit and isn't even a sequel

so who cares

Online multiplayer space game with lotsa swearing tho, thats what the people wanted from another beyond good and evil yea??

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

precision posted:

the first castlevania is relatively easy to beat in one go like we used to have to as long as you DON'T LOSE THE BOOMERANG BEFORE YOU GET TO DEATH

death is still kinda bullshitty even with the cross. long hallway full of medusa heads and axe throwin guys and his scythes are really annoying to avoid

i do appreciate them giving you a checkpoint right before dracula that's pretty cool for a nes game

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's the holy water you want to use if you cheese death, since it makes it so he can't move.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

That bat IS bad. Very descriptive

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLskE0UDa-A

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Wamdoodle posted:

That bat IS bad. Very descriptive

Bad Bats are also in Majora's Mask.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Maybe ask in the GOG thread? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3091455

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I am saddened that there was never a company-wide crossover event for Konami games concerning Warlord Chromosomes.

Assuming that was an actual thing in the Japanese version of the manual.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Phantasium posted:

It's the holy water you want to use if you cheese death, since it makes it so he can't move.

it's easier to get the Cross to level 3 and keep it to kill Dracula easily than to keep Holy Water until Death and then get the Cross for Dracula because then you'll never get it even to level 2

i always kept holy water until Frankenstein, then got the guaranteed Cross to level 3

i played that game a LOT when i was a kid

Sweetgrass
Jan 13, 2008

In Training posted:

BGE2 being no man's sky with a swearing ape is one of the biggest swerves in gaming history

In retrospect the giant curveball of Prey 2 being a genre flip/reboot should have been a big sign that publishers slapping old IP names onto misfit projects they're funding was going to become a thing

tbh I'm surprised the practice isn't more common already

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
when i was a kid we only had simon's quest

i played the poo poo out of that but never got further than like the third manor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The White Dragon posted:

when i was a kid we only had simon's quest

i played the poo poo out of that but never got further than like the third manor

my grandparents bought me that literally the day my family was moving across the country from NJ to FL. when we got to FL, my stepdad's company put us in cheap temporary housing for an entire month during which time everything we owned (including my NES but not the game cartridge itself) was in storage. for an entire month i listened to jane's addiction and read dragonlance novels dreaming of the magical day i would FINALLY get to play the sequel to probably my favorite NES game ever

:smith:

• Locked thread