Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

There is a difference between work and productivity

Wanting to use your free time towards a goal is not being a workaholic or weird, its what people should do with their free time

Well yeah, if you burn out on a task, move onto another. I love to set tile but you can only do it so many hours before you start making mistakes. There's tasks I hate, like close-out documents or certified payroll forms for L&I, but, you know I don't hate my job because of them, even if it takes me way too long to do those things since they aren't fun like running a hardwood floor or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Well yeah, if you burn out on a task, move onto another. I love to set tile but you can only do it so many hours before you start making mistakes. There's tasks I hate, like close-out documents or certified payroll forms for L&I, but, you know I don't hate my job because of them, even if it takes me way too long to do those things since they aren't fun like running a hardwood floor or whatever

I know what all of these words mean, but as a paragraph you might as well be speaking Martian.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I know what all of these words mean, but as a paragraph you might as well be speaking Martian.

"close-out documents or certified payroll forms for L&I" These are basically TPS reports from Office Space for architects and the Department of Labor and Industry, respectively

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

"close-out documents or certified payroll forms for L&I" These are basically TPS reports from Office Space for architects and the Department of Labor and Industry, respectively

I meant the whole "enjoying work and wanting to do more of it" thing.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I meant the whole "enjoying work and wanting to do more of it" thing.

I never get tired of learning how buildings are made. It's infinitely interesting to me because there is so much variety in function and usage and aesthetics, and what they mean for civic and personal identity. Idk why, it's just cool to me.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You have the best kind of autism and it’s so insanely enviable. I’m still looking for it in life.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Just bought Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition because of y’all talking about the new game.

This better be good or I’m gonna be SO annoying about it

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Just bought Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition because of y’all talking about the new game.

basically you like the combat and it clicks with you or you hate the game

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Amy Pole Her posted:

You have the best kind of autism and it’s so insanely enviable. I’m still looking for it in life.

Like I seriously can't think of anything that would be more awesome than being a part of the construction of something as beautiful as an Art Deco structure like the Chysler Building or the Marlin Hotel or the Golden Gate Bridge. When I was a kid it was cathedrals lol

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

I enjoy my job for the most part and it rarely takes up anywhere near 40 hours of my week, but I still love that sweet sweet vacation time and the untracked PTO was one of my big motivations for taking this job. Going to Mexico for two and a half weeks in November. Whee!

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Joey Freshwater posted:

I'm going to SGI on Saturday for 8 days and I have already checked the gently caress out of work for the week.

St George Island?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Big Jesus posted:

St George Island?

Yep! Went last year too and had a great time.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I have gone there every year (usually multiple times) for the last like fifteen years if not longer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/prodigis/status/887765866112327680

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That thread :stonk:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Spoeank posted:

That thread :stonk:

it's so good, I want to post them all

especially balloon hotdog

https://twitter.com/prodigis/status/887766964994703362

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

:stonk:

https://twitter.com/prodigis/status/887768324951748608

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Joey Freshwater posted:

It's Batman except instead of punching joker thugs you are decapitating orcs in Mordor while a Elf ghost yells at you

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Oct 17, 2017

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

it's so good, I want to post them all

especially balloon hotdog

https://twitter.com/prodigis/status/887766964994703362

loving dying

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Big Jesus posted:

I have gone there every year (usually multiple times) for the last like fifteen years if not longer.

Any suggestions on bars? I’m familiar with Blue Parrot (I think?) and Paddy’s mainly. We’ll be staying in the plantation.

I heard there was a new tiki bar there?

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Never really hit the bars there. Don't care for the taxi situation and it's too far to walk from our place right by the park on the other end.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Guess that means there’s still no Uber

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

https://mobile.twitter.com/prodigis/status/887767468546158593

The peas at the end loving kill me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

this is the nastiest thing I've ever seen

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

it just... it just keeps getting worse

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Ehud posted:

this is the nastiest thing I've ever seen

Idk the hotdog cooked in a balloon is what food must be like in hell

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
John Dunsworth died and i'm loving sad

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

“Now take your mug full of molten ketchup and raw chicken and delicately garnish with six peas, just so.”

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

YOLOsubmarine posted:

“Now take your mug full of molten ketchup and raw chicken and delicately garnish with six peas, just so.”

Whoa, just three. We don't want to go overboard!

Ehud posted:

lol the Gronk family was on shark tank yesterday

Chris Gronk made a deal with Cuban and A-Rod instead of Lori who actually spends growing businesses for her entrepreneurs. But you know, sports.

The product was a shaker bottle because of course. Also they made the Sharks play flip cup lol.

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/919740257653919744

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
durrrrrrr put ketchup on everything burrrrrrrrr

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I love old simpsons, dulls the pain of existence

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2mjN_F0eXc

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
closing a nv thread without a link to the new one and not having the new one already up should be a permabannable offense imo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

closing a nv thread without a link to the new one and not having the new one already up should be a permabannable offense imo

I think it's being quarantined, honestly.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

just probate yug for being a poo poo I want to give my V on the N :argh:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Spoeank posted:

just probate yug for being a poo poo I want to give my V on the N :argh:

But he just wants to tell us how much he hates Kaep from a purely football standpoint.

Except when he decides against that point.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I just found out the slime from double dare was just vanilla pudding with green food coloring.

Mind blown.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

CharlestheHammer posted:

But he just wants to tell us how much he hates Kaep from a purely football standpoint.

Except when he decides against that point.

Oh i thought we were reffering to him wishing that cancer had killed Pagano.

Also. Goons that have played the new LotR games. Is the combat just like the Arkham games? Because that combat sucked

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm already going to be up against the wall when the revolution comes due to my inherited wealth but now I'm double guillotined :negative:
Times like this I feel lucky that my life of relative stability has been because of my dad being in a trade labor union. Though I know it is rare since everyone I've grown up with come from bougie as gently caress backgrounds. Always take advantage of your rich friends and never pay for anything other than to maintain said friendship. Can't wait to finally have a vacation in November; Oyster Festival in Urbanna VA and I get to sleep in our family friend's million dollar mansion by the river.

Though on the other hand it is concerning how close I am in knowing David Tepper since one of my dad's best friends was roommates with him in college.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/AfricaByMowto/s...genumber%3D1158

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I found it: the dumbest idea ever idea'd

• Locked thread