Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Naramyth posted:

never try to catch a falling knife, scrub

Shadowsword built and is being painted. Can't wait to outflank dat volcano cannon at Dragonfall

AM codex isn’t allowed at Dragonfall FYI. Hasn’t been a month since release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
The year's not even over and I've painted 3000 points of Black Templars :shepface: imagine how much more I could have painted if I didn't gently caress my wrists up!

TWSS posted:

use the edge of the bristles and not the tip

This, seriously. Don't try to skip around with stuff like sharpies or whatever until you have a grasp of painting, because then you'll just have messy sharpie everywhere.

Agentdark
Dec 30, 2007
Mom says I'm the best painter she's ever seen. Jealous much? :hehe:
Codex Heretic Astartes - Chaos Space Marines p157
HQ [6 PL, 105pts]
Chaos Lord with Jump Pack [6 PL, 105pts]
Jump Pack Assault
Claws of the Black Hunt, 2x Lightning Claw [12pts], Mark of Khorne

Troops [9 PL, 123pts]
Chaos Space Marines [9 PL, 123pts]
Mark of Slaanesh
Aspiring Champion [32pts]
Combi Weapon
Combi-plasma [15pts], Power sword [4pts]
5x Marine w/ Boltgun [65pts]
Marine w/ special weapon [26pts]
Plasma gun [13pts]

Raptors [6 PL, 150pts]
Mark of Slaanesh
2x Raptor [34pts]
Raptor Champion [48pts]
Combi Weapon
Combi-melta [19pts], Power fist [12pts]
Raptor w/ special weapon [34pts]
Meltagun [17pts]
Meltagun [17pts]

Raptors [6 PL, 150pts]
No Chaos Mark
2x Raptor [34pts]
Raptor Champion [48pts]
Combi Weapon
Combi-melta [19pts], Power fist [12pts]
Meltagun [17pts]
Meltagun [17pts]

Codex Heretic Astartes - Chaos Space Marines p157
HQ [6 PL, 108pts]
Sorcerer [6 PL, 108pts]
Combi-bolter [2pts], Eye of Tzeentch, Force axe [16pts], Mark of Tzeentch, Prescience, Warptime

Troops [9 PL, 88pts]
Chaos Cultists [9 PL, 88pts]
21x Chaos Cultist w/ Autogun [84pts], Mark of Nurgle
Cultist Champion [4pts]

Fast Attack [6 PL, 123pts]
Raptors [6 PL, 123pts]
No Chaos Mark
2x Raptor [34pts]
Raptor Champion [29pts]
2x Lightning Claw [12pts]
Raptor w/ special weapon [30pts]
Plasma gun [13pts]
Raptor w/ special weapon [30pts]
Plasma gun [13pts]

Heavy Support [9 PL, 152pts]
Maulerfiend [9 PL, 152pts]
Lasher tendrils [12pts], Mark of Khorne

This is my 1000 points themed night lords list for upcoming campaign at my store. Rules are only two patrol detachments, 3 command points max, no named characters for the first 1000 points. At 1250 and more we can use regular detachments.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

OptimusWang posted:

Trim = get good. Edge highlighting can totally be cheated with colored pencils, though.

Is there any example of people doing this in video or guides? I'm really interested.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Zark the Damned posted:

Dunno where you're getting that from, it's not in the rules you quoted.

RAW if they're using those detachments then Factions don't even matter as none of the ones they've written up feature the 'all units in this detachment must share a faction' that all the official ones have.

Remember: Battle Forged is not the same as the matched play requirement on everything needing to share a faction. Battle Forged is literally just 'Uses detachments and gains CP'.

Yeah, I clearly mis-read the line about faction keywords being needed to share CP and transports. Mea culpa, I was tired as hell last night.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Whoops dropped my knife on my foot and bled everywhere

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Gentlemen, I present to you a view unseen to many in this dimension! A glimpse into a different timeline, one split from our own in 1993, a view of What Could Have Been!

A Citadel Miniatures Female Adeptus Astartes!

Very obviously a woman!

Wide, emperor-serving hips!

Little grooves in the greaves to show of that, yes, she IS wearing high heels!

A feminine symbol, but with wings! A perfect symbol for such elite warrioresses!

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
drat, she t h i c c

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Hamshot posted:

Gentlemen, I present to you a view unseen to many in this dimension! A glimpse into a different timeline, one split from our own in 1993, a view of What Could Have Been!

A Citadel Miniatures Female Adeptus Astartes!

Very obviously a woman!

Little grooves in the greaves to show of that, yes, she IS wearing high heels!

A feminine symbol, but with wings! A perfect symbol for such elite warrioresses!

Ill take 80

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009
This is an affront to my very serious make believe world my toy mans live in that has never been retconned once since the 80s in any way.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Hamshot posted:

:yosbutt:

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013
I have a question for those more versed than I am.

How do you build genestealer cults lists with a mix of cult, tryanid and guard? I know nothing about any of the factions so any advice would be wonderful.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

comrade corcus posted:

I have a question for those more versed than I am.

How do you build genestealer cults lists with a mix of cult, tryanid and guard? I know nothing about any of the factions so any advice would be wonderful.

The basic gist of it is that both Tyranids and Genestealer Cults share the Tyranid keyword, so they can already be played in the same army, no problem. Though most of the special rules for both don't apply to each other, so you probably want to split them in their respective detachments.

However for each pure Genestealer Cult detachment (only GSC units, no Tyranids in it) you can also include a single Imperial Guard detachment in your army, ignoring the usual restrictions of doing so. So basically if you want to run units from all three, you just need to have three detachments:

1) Tyranid Detachment (This one can also be mixed Tyranid/GSC units, if you for some reason need to do so.)
2) Genestealer Cult Detachment (Nothing but GSC units, no Tyranid codex units allowed.)
3) Imperial Guard Detachment

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Those of you who have got the plastic Mortarion, when you undercoated him what sub-assemblies (if any) did you use? I ask because it looks like there'd be a lot of problems with blocked spray if you fully assembled his torso halves and legs/chest.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

The Dakka thread on the winner of the UK GT is some high-grade stuff. 2 pages in and we've already got a massive slapfight about whether Tacticals are actually not terrible or if Guilliman is just that OP that he carries the whole army, the guy with the superheavy fetish shoehorning it in again (this time to have a whine because everyone told him triple Baneblade is boring), and a whole fistful of no-names who've never won anything trying to "optimise" the winning list. Notably lacking: any discussion of why the oh-so-broken Guard book, which is so broken that there was no need to wait and see whether it might actually be fine, placed only 5th or 6th (not sure what the composition of the 5th place "Imperium" army was).

It will never cease to amuse me how top players generally quietly get on with their business, while a deafening chorus of mediocre-to-bad players on the internet wank themselves into a frenzy of everything being broken or too spammy or proof of how the game is complete irredeemable poo poo.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

Corrode posted:

too spammy

6 assbacks :thunk:

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Corrode posted:

It will never cease to amuse me how top players generally quietly get on with their business, while a deafening chorus of mediocre-to-bad players on the internet wank themselves into a frenzy of everything being broken or too spammy or proof of how the game is complete irredeemable poo poo.

Bro you could literally copy and paste this into any and every form of table top, digital and real life games/sports and it would be 100% on the money. People are the worst and give them a semi anonymous forum to spout poo poo and they will do so until the end of time, the best part is how every single one will think he has the potential to be some golden god of the topic but in reality is just an unhappy person putting to much emotion worth on a loving hobby they are bad at just like the rest of stuff in their lives.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Corrode posted:

The Dakka thread on the winner of the UK GT is some high-grade stuff. 2 pages in and we've already got a massive slapfight about whether Tacticals are actually not terrible or if Guilliman is just that OP that he carries the whole army, the guy with the superheavy fetish shoehorning it in again (this time to have a whine because everyone told him triple Baneblade is boring), and a whole fistful of no-names who've never won anything trying to "optimise" the winning list. Notably lacking: any discussion of why the oh-so-broken Guard book, which is so broken that there was no need to wait and see whether it might actually be fine, placed only 5th or 6th (not sure what the composition of the 5th place "Imperium" army was).

The "Imperium" list was Sisters. Flamers and Melta for everyone.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Those of you who have got the plastic Mortarion, when you undercoated him what sub-assemblies (if any) did you use? I ask because it looks like there'd be a lot of problems with blocked spray if you fully assembled his torso halves and legs/chest.

I didn't do it this way, but if I did it again, I'd do it this way:
Legs + cock robe + chest
Wings
Arm with gun
Arm without scythe
Scythe
rear end skirt with chains
Random chains
Base

The only part that is really a pain in the rear end is painting the inside of the robe after you attach the arms to the body. It is very difficult (almost impossible) to get a brush in there without getting stuff on the armor. Everything else is nitpicky.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

jng2058 posted:

The "Imperium" list was Sisters. Flamers and Melta for everyone.

Oh is that the one that was posted upthread? I thought that was the Ministorum list in 15th. That's 5 of the top 10 being Index lists then and only 1 Guard.

Killer_Bees! posted:

Bro you could literally copy and paste this into any and every form of table top, digital and real life games/sports and it would be 100% on the money. People are the worst and give them a semi anonymous forum to spout poo poo and they will do so until the end of time, the best part is how every single one will think he has the potential to be some golden god of the topic but in reality is just an unhappy person putting to much emotion worth on a loving hobby they are bad at just like the rest of stuff in their lives.

Yeah this is very true. Plus the part where they're constantly inventing restrictions in their heads which make things "fairer" i.e. more in their favour.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Lmao

Sorry I know importing idiot posts from Dakka isn't that thrilling but this GT stuff is too funny. The main guy who's like "the winner's list sucks, he didn't face anything good and just lucked his way to 1st place":

quote:

knowing what to expect against a strong AM list is laughable. They can beat you multiple way because literally ever unit in their codex is better than yours. I mean - these are some real uphill battles from the start. You almost can't call them battles. It's how I know he didn't face any legit AM armies. Do you really think this guy would have a chance against a supreme command russ division with a baneblade? And a batallion composed of conscripts commissars and mortars? NO - nothing stands a chance against that.

Pictures from the winner's IG:

]

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
The superheavy detatchment was a mistake.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Jesus I only just realized AM now means IG and not AdMech. I guess I just glazed over that.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I like the little convoy of demolition vehicles. :3:

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Jesus I only just realized AM now means IG and not AdMech. I guess I just glazed over that.

This has been driving me nuts too, especially after a dude started talking about how OP 'AM' were in real life and I'm standing there with my Admech army and wondering if he's sassing me.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Corrode posted:

Lmao

Sorry I know importing idiot posts from Dakka isn't that thrilling but this GT stuff is too funny. The main guy who's like "the winner's list sucks, he didn't face anything good and just lucked his way to 1st place":

Pictures from the winner's IG:

]

I’m curious what the mission types were.

The guy’s list isn’t “bad” but you won’t see it winning here in the states. I took something similar to ATC months ago, and it did alright. I’m willing to even allow this guy is better than me, but I’m baffled he was able to take out 3 baneblades without any ranged AT.

When I ran this list I was absolutely smashed by guard artillery spam, and brimstone smite spam.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

My Primaris Raptors detachment is nearly complete - all they're missing is an apothecary now. I could add some small things like a 5 man carbine Reiver squad or luxuries like a Primaris dread / Repulsor, but before I do that I'm tempted to build a small detachment of Guard matching the spec ops / kind of realistic theme I got going for them (I really want to paint some camo schemes).

I'm looking at some Tempestus Scions with maybe a Valkyrie (the idea being to give them lots of meltas since Primaris are short on anti vehicle options) but part of me want to go full retard and build a small detachment of Elysian drop troops instead... I love those sculpts and I wouldn't mind a couple sniper or heavy weapon teams...

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Uroboros posted:

I’m curious what the mission types were.

The guy’s list isn’t “bad” but you won’t see it winning here in the states. I took something similar to ATC months ago, and it did alright. I’m willing to even allow this guy is better than me, but I’m baffled he was able to take out 3 baneblades without any ranged AT.

When I ran this list I was absolutely smashed by guard artillery spam, and brimstone smite spam.

They played straight Eternal War. I think GW said they were going to randomly roll mission/deployment before each game (as in the TO rolls for all games).

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Naramyth posted:

never try to catch a falling knife, scrub

Shadowsword built and is being painted. Can't wait to outflank dat volcano cannon at Dragonfall

Hey goon, I'll be at dragon fall on Friday and Sunday. What do you look like, I'll come give you a high 5 and put your dice in my underwear.

Whenever I drop a knife o automatically curl my toes and move my legs.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Corrode posted:

...the game is complete irredeemable poo poo.
This part is also correct.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

DiHK posted:

Hey goon, I'll be at dragon fall on Friday and Sunday. What do you look like, I'll come give you a high 5 and put your dice in my underwear.

Whenever I drop a knife o automatically curl my toes and move my legs.

I’ll be there as well. 5’9 White, Buzzed hair with grey spot, and likely wearing Ultramarines shirt, can’t miss me.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Mugaaz posted:

Is there any example of people doing this in video or guides? I'm really interested.

You just... kinda do it? You paint the part of the armor. This video shows one way that Duncan paints the trim on Chaos Space Marines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=783slFWP61M

Just about any "X Power Armor" video will have instructions on how to do trim for that scheme.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Uroboros posted:

I’ll be there as well. 5’9 White, Buzzed hair with grey spot, and likely wearing Ultramarines shirt, can’t miss me.

Should wear some space wolf apparel to really stick out.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
2k point 3 round tournament coming up this weekend. Here's what I'm working on for it, it'll be good practice for the 1500 later this month. Iron Hands and Cadians, company commander is the warlord with grand strategist and kurov's aquila, gravis captain has armor indomitus. The company commander will hang back with the 2 infantry squads, command squad, and 2 HW squads providing a meatshield for him. Vanguard and chaplain will deploy in the stormraven. Lord commissar, special weapons and MT are in the chimera. This isn't at my normal store so other than some AM I don't expect to see horde lists, it's mostly MEQ and tau there so I don't need quite as much volume of fire and went for quality of fire.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Marines) [60 PL, 1145pts] ++

+ HQ +

Captain in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 137pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword

Chaplain [6 PL, 90pts]: Boltgun, Jump Pack

+ Troops +

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. . 4x Intercessor
. . Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Intercessor Squad [5 PL, 105pts]: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle
. . 4x Intercessor
. . Intercessor Sergeant: Power sword

Scout Squad [6 PL, 75pts]
. . Scout Sergeant: Chainsword, Sniper rifle
. . 4x Scout w/Sniper Rifle: 4x Sniper rifle

+ Elites +

Contemptor Dreadnought [8 PL, 165pts]: Combi-bolter, Dreadnought combat weapon, Kheres pattern assault cannon

Vanguard Veteran Squad [8 PL, 142pts]: Jump Pack, Melta bombs
. . Space Marine Veteran: 2x Chainsword
. . Space Marine Veteran: 2x Lightning Claw
. . Space Marine Veteran: Bolt pistol, Power sword
. . Space Marine Veteran: Power axe, Storm shield
. . Veteran Sergeant: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

+ Flyer +

Stormraven Gunship [15 PL, 326pts]: Twin lascannon, Twin multi-melta, Two Hurricane Bolters, Two Stormstrike Missile Launchers

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Astra Militarum) [42 PL, 765pts] ++

+ Uncategorised +

Regiment: Cadian

+ HQ +

Company Commander [3 PL, 34pts]: Laspistol, Power sword

Lord Commissar [4 PL, 61pts]: Bolt pistol, Power fist

+ Troops +

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 68pts]
. . 6x Guardsman
. . Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Flamer
. . Heavy Weapon Team: Missile launcher
. . Sergeant: Boltgun, Chainsword

Infantry Squad [3 PL, 62pts]
. . 6x Guardsman
. . Heavy Weapon Team: Autocannon
. . Sergeant: Chainsword, Laspistol

Militarum Tempestus Scions [3 PL, 71pts]
. . 2x Scion: 2x Hot-shot Lasgun
. . Scion w/ Special Weapon: Plasma gun
. . Scion w/ Special Weapon: Hot-shot Volley Gun
. . Tempestor: Chainsword, Plasma pistol

+ Elites +

Command Squad [2 PL, 44pts]
. . Veteran w/ Special Weapon: Grenade Launcher

Special Weapons Squad [2 PL, 43pts]: 3x Guardsman
. . Guardsman W/ Special Weapon: Demo Charge

+ Heavy Support +

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 33pts]
. . Heavy Weapon Team: Mortar

Heavy Weapons Squad [3 PL, 78pts]
. . Heavy Weapon Team: Lascannon

Leman Russ Battle Tanks [10 PL, 180pts]
. . Leman Russ Battle Tank: Battle Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Lascannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chimera [6 PL, 91pts]: Heavy Bolter, Heavy Bolter

++ Auxiliary Support Detachment -1CP (Imperium - Officio Assassinorum) [5 PL, 90pts] ++

+ Elites +

Vindicare Assassin [5 PL, 90pts]

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Mugaaz posted:

I didn't do it this way, but if I did it again, I'd do it this way:
Legs + cock robe + chest
Wings
Arm with gun
Arm without scythe
Scythe
rear end skirt with chains
Random chains
Base

The only part that is really a pain in the rear end is painting the inside of the robe after you attach the arms to the body. It is very difficult (almost impossible) to get a brush in there without getting stuff on the armor. Everything else is nitpicky.

Cheers.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

So Ulthwe's gimmick is to get Disgustingly Resilient for all units, but on a 6+. They also have stratagems that give Guardians +1 to hit or a 4++ save.

Looking forward to Biel-Tan tomorrow, would be nice to field my FW Avatar again.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/10/17/craftworld-focus-ulthwe-oct-17gw-homepage-post-3/

So Ulthwe's gimmick is to get Disgustingly Resilient for all units, but on a 6+. They also have stratagems that give Guardians +1 to hit or a 4++ save.

Looking forward to Biel-Tan tomorrow, would be nice to field my FW Avatar again.

The attribute is poo poo but some of the stratagems are cool. Autarchs getting the CP refund ability is handy too.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

LingcodKilla posted:

Should wear some space wolf apparel to really stick out.

I'm more of a silk button down anime shirt guy myself

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
What's Biel-Tan's flavor? If I ever get an Eldar force it's gonna be all Wraith kiddos but gently caress that Iyanden color scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Corrode posted:

The attribute is poo poo but some of the stratagems are cool. Autarchs getting the CP refund ability is handy too.

Yeah I play Ulthwe and that...wasnt what I was expecting. Taken with some of the other stuff they seem like theyll be obnoxious to kill though.

Where does it says Autarchs will get a refund ability?