Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
are we supposed to like sieg or does everyone else just want him to be gone already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
I like Sieg, he has the two best girls fawning over him.

Seriously I don't think he's a bad protagonist, he's easy to project onto and his blandness helps the rest of the cast shine more.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
A shame that Karn is so powerful and yet so loyal to someone we literally never seen speak a word

Imagine if Gilgamesh was that loyal

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sieg's main flaws are that he's boring and that he was introduced well after the best characters

also apocrypha sets you up to think mordred and the necromancer are the leads and that's a bad move

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sieg is boring but now his screentime is shared with Astolfo who is the best character so I can tolerate him for the sake of Astolfo.

Also he's bland but he isn't awful, so that's fine. I keep hope he'll get at least a bit more interesting with time, though I doubt he'll ever trump the actual good characters of the series like Mordred.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Raenir Salazar posted:

I like Sieg, he has the two best girls fawning over him.

Seriously I don't think he's a bad protagonist, he's easy to project onto and his blandness helps the rest of the cast shine more.

i don't think mordred likes him though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

where the red fern gropes posted:

i don't think mordred likes him though

Astalfo is besto gyaru

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
We can all at least agree that cranky homunculus lady should have taken Sieg’s narrative role, yeah?

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I can appreciate that Sieg is literally Yu-Gi-Oh! though

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darth Walrus posted:

We can all at least agree that cranky homunculus lady should have taken Sieg’s narrative role, yeah?

After watching this week's episode, absolutely. That was one hell of a verbal beatdown, with no emotional outbursts whatsoever. So much better than Sieg.

Also Mordred affirming her trust in her Master after asking him if he still thought of his dead child is great. Poor girl really just wants fatherly affection, but she never got it because Artoria decided being a King was more important.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
To be fair, it can't be easy acknowledging your rape baby.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Astalfo is besto gyaru

It said two best girls and Jeanne is definitely not one of those two.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Still waiting for this to come to my Netflix :(

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
no Mordred + Sieg still alive= bad episode

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

no Mordred + Sieg still alive= bad episode
But he is dying horribly. :)

Of course Rider is probably gonna use some form of magical sacrifice to fix him later on, or something.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

Poil posted:

But he is dying horribly. :)

Of course Rider is probably gonna use some form of magical sacrifice to fix him later on, or something.

Not quickly enough!

Aug 24, 2011

lol just realised assassin is literally Jack (of) Black

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Jack actually wears a coat.

And it's top.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

We got to see Astolfo in his "inconspicuous civilian" clothes, and he looks cute a.f. so your argument is invalid. :colbert:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

The only thing I don't get about this episode is Fiore letting things get as bad as they did. The moment she saw that fog she should've used a Command Spell to get Chiron in, it was incredibly reckless and stupid to just wait for Chiron to run all the way in and she was nearly killed for it.

Seriously girl, you have Ruler right there, you don't have any reason to not let loose with those Command Spells, you loving dumbass.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

So did they just kinda gloss over that two of their masters died in a span of a couple days? Not really close, I guess.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Tae posted:

So did they just kinda gloss over that two of their masters died in a span of a couple days? Not really close, I guess.

Let’s be real here, it’s not exactly easy to imagine Celenike having friends.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Tae posted:

I think they're family-ish enough that the girl is still somewhat in shock about it; her brother is more Magi like and seems to just shove it somewhere in a box to forget about; but she's clearly struggling from the scene in the office where she's clearly trying to be alone.

Blaze Dragon posted:

The only thing I don't get about this episode is Fiore letting things get as bad as they did. The moment she saw that fog she should've used a Command Spell to get Chiron in, it was incredibly reckless and stupid to just wait for Chiron to run all the way in and she was nearly killed for it.

Seriously girl, you have Ruler right there, you don't have any reason to not let loose with those Command Spells, you loving dumbass.

Pride.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Page launched. https://www.netflix.com/title/80180849

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Who else realized that Ruler of Red was a real historical character only now (the mention of the Shogun sparked a vague recollection).

Overall as a filthy secondary, I'm liking this show about as much as F/Z, and more than UBW. It's getting its themes across right. Now if only it didn't constantly play the card of "one servant goes rogue and starts trying to kill everything in service of their wish, everyone else is forced to team up against them".

Aug 24, 2011

be hilarious if avenger was still in the grail

"thats a nice wish you have there. be a shame if anything happened to it"

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Summoning Ruler instead of Avenger was what caused the Apocrypha timeline to happen instead.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

That would be very strange. Avenger was the Einzbern Servant in the original 3rd war.
We know that F/A 3rd war the Einzbern Servant was Amakusa.

Aug 24, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Summoning Ruler instead of Avenger was what caused the Apocrypha timeline to happen instead.

avenger has a pretty loose relationship with timelines though

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
This show is currently my least favorite aside from the original run of FSN. FZ and UBW I enjoyed a lot more with better consistency from episode to episode. Mordred and Astolfo are trying their damndest, but everyone else just sucks.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Read The Manga

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Shinjobi posted:

This show is currently my least favorite aside from the original run of FSN. FZ and UBW I enjoyed a lot more with better consistency from episode to episode. Mordred and Astolfo are trying their damndest, but everyone else just sucks.

Doesn't help that the animation direction and overall quality is incredibly uneven... just noticeably worse than Ufotable in every category. Also while Kiritsugu was an unrelatable sociopath and Shiro a generic anime protagonist for most of his story... well, Sieg manages to ruin every scene he's in by being the world's most uninteresting milquetoast character.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Read The Manga

The manga is better, in art and dynamic paneling, but it's still the same story so people may still not enjoy it. Also it's getting translated really slowly

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sophism posted:

Doesn't help that the animation direction and overall quality is incredibly uneven... just noticeably worse than Ufotable in every category. Also while Kiritsugu was an unrelatable sociopath and Shiro a generic anime protagonist for most of his story... well, Sieg manages to ruin every scene he's in by being the world's most uninteresting milquetoast character.

Jeanne sucks too because she cares about Sieg. Like, it's really that simple. I'd much rather she be a bit more business with coming and taking charge of the situation, but instead it's the Dote on Sieg Power Hour every time they're in the same room. Sieg has ruined this entire show and my :salt: over it is limitless.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
There is theoretically a way to do Sieg's story right but the show is not doing it. I suppose I just mentally blank out whenever he is on screen, I'm more interested in Ruler of Red.

Though, knowing the quality of the overall writing, I suspect that his wish is going to be something absurdly easy to monkey paw into a nightmare hellscape.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

There is theoretically a way to do Sieg's story right but the show is not doing it. I suppose I just mentally blank out whenever he is on screen, I'm more interested in Ruler of Red.

Though, knowing the quality of the overall writing, I suspect that his wish is going to be something absurdly easy to monkey paw into a nightmare hellscape.

There should be no monkey paw effect in FA Grail. That is specifically a trait of FZ-FSN timeline

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Taking Out Sieg Doesn't Really Solve The Issue With The Rest Of The Story, And How It's Throwing Characters Out Of The Script Randomly. Like black caster.

Goddammit phone.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I feel like the thing with Black Caster was just sort of thrown in because Fate Zero had a giant monster that could only be taken down by a Saber's NP so fapo was going to go ahead and retread that scenario because

AtheistMantis
Oct 5, 2014

Phobophilia posted:

Who else realized that Ruler of Red was a real historical character only now (the mention of the Shogun sparked a vague recollection).

I already knew everything about Ruler of Red from that lovely third season of Rurouni Kenshin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

18 was a bit clumsy, but good in a way too. Also everyone's favorite blandness actually had a purpose for a minute or two. Not that practically anybody else couldn't have fulfilled the role for that scene, but still.

AtheistMantis posted:

I already knew everything about Ruler of Red from that lovely third season of Rurouni Kenshin.
I saw that years ago, which part was the third season?

• Locked thread