Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
These moons rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

-moon taxe

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X18Uv-eAHEc

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

thanks for making this thread a little bit dumber

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Are people actually challenging this new refund shtick? It looks so paper-thin that I can't even think of a funny metaphor to describe it, thats how dumb it looks.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Still not quite as good as the patch notes

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
That's no moon. It's a patch note.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can’t wait for Moon Gundam to start

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Don't they have several lore writers and community managers (and hopefully a technical writer)? Did anyone proofread that trash?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Moons.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.

his nibs posted:

Yes but half moon or full moon?

Total Eclipse!

Of the :gary:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Sorry guys, we'll deliver full moons by the end of this month, but for now you can enjoy quarter moons and half moons (available in selected maps).

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
We just released an 1/8th moon. But let me assure you that it is indeed a waxing moon. Give it 2 weeks. Buy now.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

My favorite moon is Enceladus, Saturn's sixth-largest moon. Its ice covering makes it one of the most reflective bodies in our solar system, and beneath the thick ice crust there is a massive liquid water ocean that some scientists believe poses our best chance of finding life on another planet. Near Enceladus's Southern pole, massive cryovolcanoes shoot ice and water into space and that helps make up Saturn's rings. I highly recommend you use the word cryovolcano today in some capacity, because it owns.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

"Star Citizen will have fully simulated cryovolcanoes."

Done.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Moon: That's no game! It's a space scam!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
MOONS. IN THE BOTTLE

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress don't probe people for posting sailor moon

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TON3PORRDQ

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Truga posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqiSBxvdws

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Truga posted:

Posting anime in this thread is verboten under the new iron foot of the Beertatorship. All good citizens should do their civic duty and report any anime to the proper authorities, unless it is posted in the Anime Containment Thread.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!

Beet Wagon posted:

My favorite moon is Enceladus, Saturn's sixth-largest moon. Its ice covering makes it one of the most reflective bodies in our solar system, and beneath the thick ice crust there is a massive liquid water ocean that some scientists believe poses our best chance of finding life on another planet. Near Enceladus's Southern pole, massive cryovolcanoes shoot ice and water into space and that helps make up Saturn's rings. I highly recommend you use the word cryovolcano today in some capacity, because it owns.

That's fine and all, but where is the gameplay?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Posting anime in this thread is verboten under the new iron foot of the Beertatorship. All good citizens should do their civic duty and report any anime to the proper authorities, unless it is posted in the Anime Containment Thread.

Hoch lebe der Rübenwagen!

E: Und der Biergott!

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Toops posted:

There are some real choice bullet points from the 3.0 patch notes that I find particularly stupid/meaningless/:catdrugs:

- Fixed a crash in COrderedMeshBV::Build
(Nice aspberger's guys, glad you made bullet points for each crash you fixed, and the thing that necessitated every crash fix getting its own bullet point was the loving class name that nobody gives a poo poo about)

- "We are working on some extra Graphics code for the GPU particle system to support the creation of new VFX to implement space dust at points around Stanton. This will continue to be iterated on to create some more elaborate assets."
(read: scope creep. see also: loving SPACE DUST???)

- With the gameplay we’re adding in to 3.0.0, we’re conscious that there may be some other players that would love to kill you and take your ship. To help prevent this, we wanted to implement some basic security that will allow you to lock the ship, so only you have the ability to pass freely through its doors. Part of this work includes adding destruction for external ship doors to allow for the other half: basic breaching / boarding.
(read: scope creep. see also: Damage States for the doors we can't get to work.)

- We are very keen to make the Stanton map feel more organic as a real environment and having the planets rotate and orbit will really help with this.
- This will also introduce a proper day/night cycle when you’re on a planet surface which in turn opens up further gameplay possibilities.

(why are these)
(two different bullet points)

- We want to give players the ability to more intuitively interact with items and objects within the game, but also find ways to indicate to the player what type of interaction they would be performing (pick up, start conversation, push button, etc).
(what the gently caress does this even mean, what are you talking about, what kind of patch note bullet point starts with "we want to ..." then describes incredibly vague yet contradictory things... this is pure loving cat drugs)

I can't read any more of this bullshit I'm getting pissed off again.

I know nothing about development but surely the point of patch notes is to tell players what changes you've made, not what you hope to do in the future.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Non anime sailor moon is not really better though

AutismVaccine fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 17, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Hate to interrupt this intense moon discussion but I heard some talk about an arbitration clause being in the SC ToS but can't find it now; I guess someone challenged the clause and it was quietly removed later? Anyone know what happened with this?

Either way I was going to drop in today to say it's unenforceable in the UK. It's pretty funny how people claim that CIG much better than other companies because it isn't an 'evil publisher' that tries to scam all its customers when in actual fact it's running a full gamut of scummy anti-consumer legal bluffs.

:tutbutt:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Truga posted:

Agreed. Ban them.

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.
- Reticulating splines
- MOONS
- Game

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

- We have taken millions and millions of dollars of people's money and one day hope to make a game
- Moons

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
M.O.O.N. That spells Europa. Attempt no landing there.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Latin Pheonix posted:

Hate to interrupt this intense moon discussion but I heard some talk about an arbitration clause being in the SC ToS but can't find it now; I guess someone challenged the clause and it was quietly removed later? Anyone know what happened with this?

Either way I was going to drop in today to say it's unenforceable in the UK. It's pretty funny how people claim that CIG much better than other companies because it isn't an 'evil publisher' that tries to scam all its customers when in actual fact it's running a full gamut of scummy anti-consumer legal bluffs.

:tutbutt:

Imo CIG is paying people to just drop the cases when sued (maybe even off the book).
Many people should have law insurance, so its really unlikely that no one have sued them until this point.

This strategy makes the most sense for me.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Beet Wagon posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dooguk posted:

M.O.O.N. That spells Europa. Attempt no landing there.

Pshhh, what garbage Procedural Generation, you can see the seams!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

Isn't that just this thread but with less moon and less fidelity?

The Pi dude
Oct 19, 2013
Buglord

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

It's only a parper moon.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Tr0otuiQuU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
:eyepop:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hxibHJOE5E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lol they sold hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of spaceships to people and now they're using that to make up security issues to further delay another beta release. I'm betting there's already some new higher tier insurence scam idea lurking between future patch notes.