Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Liquid Banjo posted:

I give:
Cousins, McKinnon

I get:
Brees

Is that fair? Is Brees worth it? Here's the rest of my team.

QB: Cousins
WR: Hilton, Diggs, Cooper, R. Matthews, Fuller
RB: Bell, Martin, Ingram, Stewart, McKinnon, Smallwood
TE: ASJ

That's selling kinda low on McKinnon, depending on your scoring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

RisqueBarber posted:

What's your record and scoring? PPR?

Standard, 4pt QB TD, 0PPR. I'm sitting pretty at 5-1.

I like Brees schedule for fantasy playoffs but now that I think of it, McKinnon's value might be too high.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Liquid Banjo posted:

I like Brees schedule for fantasy playoffs but now that I think of it, McKinnon's value might be too high.

Cousins will be just as valuable as Brees, and giving up McKinnon means you are on the losing side of this trade.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Starting to overthink stuff regarding OBJ in a keeper again

10 team keep 3 PPR with bonuses at yardage milestones. Players cost one round higher between years, first rounders can be kept in the first round. I have OBJ (1), Gurley (4), and DJ (5) and am still 5-1 with my lone loss being by less than a point this week. I drafted Thielen in the 13th round this year, am I crazy for trying to sell OBJ to someone who's out of it to try and get an RB or WR2? My current roster:

QB: Wentz
WR: Dez, Hopkins, Thielen, D. Adams, OBJ
RB: Gurley, Riddick, Smalwood, Mack, DJ
TE: Ertz
K and D don't matter

We start 3 WR 2 RB and 1 W/R/T flex

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Banjo posted:

I agree with Yuzenn. Seems like too much to give up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Sataere's 100% guaranteed, money back guaranteed, week seven waiver wire targets:

Quarterbacks - Your Team is as Fragile as your Collarbone
Running Backs - There is No Such Thing as a Waiver Wire Running Back
Wide Receivers - Wide Receivers Aren't Always What They Seem
Tight Ends - Are You Going to Make Me Tell You This is a Bad Idea Again?

Liquid Banjo
Dec 23, 2009

full of mama's homemade pemmican

Yuzenn posted:

Cousins will be just as valuable as Brees, and giving up McKinnon means you are on the losing side of this trade.

You're right, no reason to abandon Cousins here. Thanks.

Need to shift some RB depth to WR using McKinnon I think. Is Demaryius shooting too low? Alternatively, the guy with Baldwin needs some help at RB.

Our league never trades and I'm really bad at this poo poo of course.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Liquid Banjo posted:

Need to shift some RB depth to WR using McKinnon I think. Is Demaryius shooting too low? Alternatively, the guy with Baldwin needs some help at RB.

Demaryius is good trade up. He's got a great schedule and should get more looks with Emmanuel Sanders out.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

Liquid Banjo posted:

You might be able to get someone like that for Doug Martin straight up, i'd start with something like that

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

McKinnon and Engram finally have me breathing easy at my two biggest trouble spots, at least for now. I picked Cousins up as a FA last week to cover Russell Wilson's bye week. And now I'm wondering who to hold for rest of season.

I lean Cousins ROS, though this week I may want to hold onto Wilson for just one more week for his game against the Giants. Philly proved effective against Cousins in week 1.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay so the Zeke owner is looking to move a WR for Alfred Morris. Should I target Baldwin and then settle for Garcon if he balks?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!
I'm going to start ASJ and Kelce this week :getin:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Rodgers owner in a FAAB league. Somehow Wentz is still available on the WW. I have $97/100 left. What are you bidding?

(The rest of my team is stacked, QB is my only hole.)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

pubic works project posted:

Okay so the Zeke owner is looking to move a WR for Alfred Morris. Should I target Baldwin and then settle for Garcon if he balks?

I'd trade Morris for whatever you can get before everyone realizes McFadden is the guy to own.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm going to start ASJ and Kelce this week :getin:

I'm going ASJ and Engram because screw you TY Hilton...

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Suggestion: put the links to the other WW articles at the bottom rather than the top of the article the person is reading. I scrolled right past them 2 times before I noticed they were there.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RCarr posted:

I'd trade Morris for whatever you can get before everyone realizes McFadden is the guy to own.

I also own McFadden. :wooper:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Rip Rodgers and my team maybe? In .5 PPR I have

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Kareem Hunt, DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry, Alex Collins, Thomas Rawls, Buck Allen
WR: Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Emmanuel Sanders, Will Fuller, Kenny Golladay
TE: Cameron Brate, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

I actually squeaked out a win this past week which is cool but I now have the 11th waiver priority.

The best Waiver QBs seem to be Carson Palmer, Jared Goff, Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor and Trevor Siemian. What order do I go after them or do I try to trade for a QB?

There's an owner with both Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott and another owner with Alex Smith and Russell Wilson. Both are 3-3 and have okay teams. Or I can probably trade ASJ to the Jets homer for Jacoby Brisset maybe. His regular starter is Kirk Cousins.

This is a rough week beyond QB for me as my only WRs who might play are Nelson and Maclin and there's a chance Maclin is still hurt.

I am just not sure at all what to do.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

RB: Kareem Hunt, DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry, Alex Collins, Thomas Rawls, Buck Allen

I actually squeaked out a win this past week which is cool but I now have the 11th waiver priority.

The best Waiver QBs seem to be Carson Palmer, Jared Goff, Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor and Trevor Siemian. What order do I go after them or do I try to trade for a QB?

There's an owner with both Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott and another owner with Alex Smith and Russell Wilson. Both are 3-3 and have okay teams. Or I can probably trade ASJ to the Jets homer for Jacoby Brisset maybe. His regular starter is Kirk Cousins.

This is a rough week beyond QB for me as my only WRs who might play are Nelson and Maclin and there's a chance Maclin is still hurt.

Goff -> Tyrod -> Palmer.

Mariota guy won't trade. Mariota has Cleveland(easy matchup) this week and a bye next week. He needs Dak. Don't trade for Brisset with Luck coming back.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

pubic works project posted:

Either one of those is great.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

RisqueBarber posted:

Goff -> Tyrod -> Palmer.

Mariota guy won't trade. Mariota has Cleveland(easy matchup) this week and a bye next week. He needs Dak. Don't trade for Brisset with Luck coming back.

Do we honestly think he's coming back?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Epi Lepi posted:

Do we honestly think he's coming back?

Even if he doesn't, trading for Brissett just isn't a good idea when there are better options on the wire.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Epi Lepi posted:

I have Deshaun (bye), Jameis (hurt, bad matchup) and am targeting the Mariota/Cousins) owner.

Don’t trade ASJ for a waiver QB.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Garcon or Landry ROS in PPR?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I need to make a waiver move. I need a WR way worse than a potential RB2.

Would you grab Darkwa or Agholor? My hesitation is that I think Darkwa might be the real deal now.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

Garcon or Landry ROS in PPR?

Landry imo.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
My QBs are Winston and Luck (luck is a keeper, not IR eligible). I'm about to blow close to 200 of 495 of my FAAB on Hundley. Yeeesh.

E: Wait, gently caress this, I'm going Tygod for 75.

Matt Zerella fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 17, 2017

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

This is my thinking too, thanks. I offered Garcon for Matt Ryan in a league where I'm QB needy (and have AJ Green, Demaryius, Landry, Garcon, Martavis at WR) and he countered with Landry. I think they're pretty close, but the combination of Landry already having had his bye, and us not knowing how Beathard will affect Garcon has me leaning Jarvis.

Thinking of playing hardball and saying Garcon or bust.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Gobias Ind. posted:

This is my thinking too, thanks. I offered Garcon for Matt Ryan in a league where I'm QB needy (and have AJ Green, Demaryius, Landry, Garcon, Martavis at WR) and he countered with Landry. I think they're pretty close, but the combination of Landry already having had his bye, and us not knowing how Beathard will affect Garcon has me leaning Jarvis.

Thinking of playing hardball and saying Garcon or bust.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I own Landry and he's my WR1 right now with Manny hurt. Trying to get Baldwin or Garçon off the Zeke owner.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

headcase posted:

I need to make a waiver move. I need a WR way worse than a potential RB2.

Would you grab Darkwa or Agholor? My hesitation is that I think Darkwa might be the real deal now.

What's the rest of your roster? For many/most 12 team rosters that need a WR, I'd try to grab both.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Are you guys buying low on Julio? Thinking about offering Adrian Peterson and Demaryius Thomas for him. .5 PPR. I'm currently 5-1

My Roster:
QB: Drew Brees
RB: Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Adrian Peterson, Bilal Powell, Darren McFadden, Jonathan Stewart
WR: Dez Bryant, Doug Baldin, Demaryius Thomas, Willie Snead, John Brown
TE: Kittle
DST: Saints

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RisqueBarber posted:

Are you guys buying low on Julio? Thinking about offering Adrian Peterson and Demaryius Thomas for him. .5 PPR. I'm currently 5-1

My Roster:
RB: Melvin Gordon, Jay Ajayi, Adrian Peterson, Bilal Powell, Darren McFadden, Jonathan Stewart

Not sure you can afford that. Behind Gordon, you've got too many question marks. You're better off keeping your shot at AP being for real again, and getting a solidified RB2.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

RisqueBarber posted:

My Roster:

I picked him up for T. Coleman and E. Sanders last week. So definitely buy low time.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

RVProfootballer posted:

What's the rest of your roster? For many/most 12 team rosters that need a WR, I'd try to grab both.

I'll be dropping Moncrief. The next best drop is probably James white, Blount, or ASJ so I dunno.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

headcase posted:

I'll be dropping Moncrief. The next best drop is probably James white, Blount, or ASJ so I dunno.

Hmm, I guess if you need a WR, you grab Agholor. If ASJ is not your best TE, I'd take Darkwa over him too, but then every time he scores a touchdown, spoeank's av will haunt you.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 36 minutes!

Spoeank posted:

Sataere's 100% guaranteed, money back guaranteed, week seven waiver wire targets:

Quarterbacks - Your Team is as Fragile as your Collarbone

I'm the football nerd who's been waiting for Beathard to take over.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm the football nerd 49ers fan who's been waiting for Beathard to take over.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Just the guys I'm looking for! Is Beathard starting good news or bad news for Pierre Garcon?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Gobias Ind. posted:

Just the guys I'm looking for! Is Beathard starting good news or bad news for Pierre Garcon?

It’s ... better?

He’s a one-sample size improvement over Hoyer the Destroyer so there’s that, but I would be amenable to other options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is this trade as bad as I think? I already rejected it anyway but just wondering:
HPPR
My Baldwin + Julio
His J. Nelson + Jimmy G.

• Locked thread