Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
4.5GB is pretty small for a content patch...

WTF is up with people always bitching about patch sizes in TYOL 2017?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

quote:

Gorefiend
Whirlwind attack is now interruptible
Normal Difficulty
Damage reduced 60%
Solo play Damage reduced 38%
Suicidal Difficulty
Blocking chance reduced 20%
Hell on Earth Difficulty
Blocking chance reduced 29%

Thank loving god!

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Stanley Pain posted:

4.5GB is pretty small for a content patch...

WTF is up with people always bitching about patch sizes in TYOL 2017?

Most of the world still has what you'd call atrocious internet speed, you know

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Revolver Bunker posted:

Thank loving god!

Holy poo poo I've been thinking about this exact thing. Along with being a way to counter blocking besides 'just wait a while'. I hope parrying knocks them out of that stupid spin, before it just kicked you back a few feet but they were still windmilling towards you and on HoE that one attack can easily kill you if it pins you in a corner or something.

And wow they weren't kidding about the Normal nerf, it's like every class becomes a lv25 berserker with the Resistance perk...

Medic Assault Rifle
Damage reduced 15%
Rate of fire increased 16%
Mag size increased 35%
Recoil reduced 30%

Not crazy about further reducing Medic damage, maybe the medic AR was 'too good' for Commando to cross-perk?

Fixed Trader Speech Illogicalities/Inaccuracies
I wonder if this means the traderbot will stop praising me for 'not getting touched out there' when I first spawn into an in-progress game :ohdear:

Fixed Hazmat Helmet(s) & Fleshpound Visor(s)Clipping
I actually liked how dumb this looked, running giant metal spikes through your hazmat faceshield. I hope they didn't just make it incompatible to wear both at once.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
At least they reduced the absurd recoil on the medic AR. Overall DPS while firing is almost the same (losing 1.4%), but the increased mag size gives higher uptime even with the fire rate increase, so overall I think it's an improvement.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Takes No Damage posted:

Not crazy about further reducing Medic damage, maybe the medic AR was 'too good' for Commando to cross-perk?

it was a better T4 than the SCAR before you even consider the part where it can heal, so yeah, that was an astounding commando crossperk. From what I read the math on their ROF/dmg changes is meant to give you about the same overall DPS - my guess is they're trying to make it more expensive to sustain running the med AR solo instead of using multiple weapons.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I guess that's not so bad then. And usually when I'm going Combat Medic I just use the AR to kill trash and poison stuff, most of my burst DPS comes from dumping a clip of medishotgun shells into something head.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ledgy posted:

Most of the world still has what you'd call atrocious internet speed, you know

No, it's just the 3rd world known as the USA :shobon: It's all that competition you have.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

aniviron posted:

Oct. 19, that gives it a week beforehand plus the weekend before that first week.

Okay you won the bet. Drop your Steam ID and I'll add you for your free ski mask.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Takes No Damage posted:

Sounds like medic rockets will be a debuff and will just also have healing darts like all their other guns. Bonus points will be awarded if 'bleeding' zeds shrivel up when they are almost dead, like a reverse microwave gun.

Quoting myself because :hellyeah: called it, and emaciated Scrakes look funny as hell.

I'm not exactly sure how the Dosh Vault is working though. When I first opened it without even playing a game after the patch I got a bunch of money, enough for one crate unlock. Was that just because I'd already completed the weekly and it was retroactively giving me the dosh portion?

I did get this as my first DV unlock so I guess it's a net gain so far

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The Seeker sucks. Well, I shoudn't say that. It's fantastic for crowd control, but that's what your grenade launcher is for. The weight used for the Seeker is better utilized by the rocket launcher since you become an everything-killer with it paired with the grenade launcher.

The new map is cool, but it's a shame that there's only about five unique stages outside of the preset starting, penultimate, and ultimate levels.

The King Pound is a ridiculously fun boss because it's absolute mayhem when he shows up. It does, however, seem like he shows up rather frequently and I would say that as of right now he's the most difficult boss of the bunch.

The daily rewards are sweet, I'm just a little sour that my two crates wound up being just dosh sunglasses for both times.

Lastly, the Medic braindriller is stupidly fun and really good as a supporting weapon. It's also hilarious how it emaciates the zeds so that they're bone-thin as their blood gets sucked out of them.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I just got a hans backpack :kheldragar:

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 18, 2017

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I got a retro Tanaka costume I can't sell. :smith:

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Risky Bisquick posted:

I just got a hans backpack :kheldragar:

Pfft so what I've had the Hans Plushie backpack for weekWHAT IS THAT :getin:

Looks like they just patched a bug where you could get the weekly reward dosh every time you finished the challenge, guess that explains how I got it twice this afternoon... But it got me this sweet Vegas Elvis outfit so I'm not complaining

And also a Rare ak47 skin, but it sounds like some of the drops aren't that great and I'm sure they'll start to repeat pretty soon.

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

One of my daily objectives is Damage vs players as Siren? What does this even mean?

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I just started playing again because they added the chicken commando skin. I don't give a gently caress if I have to pay 5 bux to wear the chicken suit, I will never need another cosmetic item again.

Whats the best way to get the halloween tickets?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^ For the Summer event the tickets were random drops, but I haven't seen any Halloween tickets drop for me yet so I dunno if they're doing something different.

municipal shrimp posted:

One of my daily objectives is Damage vs players as Siren? What does this even mean?

My guess would be playing as a Siren in VS mode. I haven't actually touched that part of the game yet so I don't know if you get to pick your spawn or what.

Takes No Damage fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Oct 18, 2017

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

municipal shrimp posted:

Play as a Siren in the PvP mode where one side plays as zeds. Then hurt a human player.
I think you play a random zed, but it's been forever since I tried it briefly and who knows what's changed since then.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I got easy ones for my dailies. Beat Vortor Manor, Do 7000 Dmg with the M4 Comabt Shotgun, and earn 1500xp as SWAT. I'm wondering if everyone gets bonus vault dosh to get you enticed into farming for more dosh. I know the dailies give you dosh but does the dosh you earn in battles also count?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The seeker six is loving amazing and it's everything I wanted out of a demo weapon. Killing the Patriarch from a million miles away with homing rockets is perfection.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Revolver Bunker posted:

I got easy ones for my dailies. Beat Vortor Manor, Do 7000 Dmg with the M4 Comabt Shotgun, and earn 1500xp as SWAT. I'm wondering if everyone gets bonus vault dosh to get you enticed into farming for more dosh. I know the dailies give you dosh but does the dosh you earn in battles also count?

No the vault money stays even so it is a separate transaction. Just as well, the cash you need to open a crate is orders of magnitude more than what you earn in a game.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

municipal shrimp posted:

It means you haven't been paying attention to the game for quite some time :D

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I never realized exactly how prior, and seeing as how the new boss is focused around them, I'm asking here: how the hell do you even deal with fleshpounds? In most cases I just try to support my teammates through classes like field medic and let them deal with the things.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Mikedawson posted:

I never realized exactly how prior, and seeing as how the new boss is focused around them, I'm asking here: how the hell do you even deal with fleshpounds? In most cases I just try to support my teammates through classes like field medic and let them deal with the things.

I pretty much play Firebug these days. When FPs and Skrakes and stuff show up I tend to focus on 2 things. Make sure I stagger the big fuckers as much as I can and at the same time mop up any smaller zeds that show up so the rest of the team can focus down the big fuckers.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Take the biggest gun you have and magdump to their head. If you're zerk and have the parry bonus, parry and smash their face in. If none of this apply, just say fp and let your mates deal with it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Mikedawson posted:

For the new/old boss, do some damage and then kill all the quarter pounds before you continue to damage the boss to trigger the next wave of quarter pounds. Most people playing under suicidal difficulty don’t know how to deal with the boss, so it’s probably smart to play demo with an rpg and solely kill the qp until people adjust.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Since they nerfed zed speed Medic and Berserk can run away from just about everything. Last night I solo'd multiple Scrakes and FPs in HoE games as a Medic, before the patch that was almost impossible (for me). I get not wanting to tune the whole game just for the grognards on the TW forums, but I do slightly miss how ballbusting hard HoE used to be. Whenever my team survived it felt like more of an achievement because it only happened 10-20% of the time, with the patch so far it feels more like 50/50. I hope if they give us prestige bonuses or other buffs to grind for they throw another difficulty level beyond HoE, just for people who like that kind of thing.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Excited to give the Seeker 6 a try tonight, but it's going to have to be excellent to replace the RPG-7/M79 combo.

Theta Zero posted:

Okay you won the bet. Drop your Steam ID and I'll add you for your free ski mask.

I was just in it for the thrill of the competition, I doubt I'd ever wear the ski mask. Keep it, or give it to second place or something.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Stanley Pain posted:

I pretty much play Firebug these days. When FPs and Skrakes and stuff show up I tend to focus on 2 things. Make sure I stagger the big fuckers as much as I can and at the same time mop up any smaller zeds that show up so the rest of the team can focus down the big fuckers.

You need to be careful that you don't stagger them too early and spoil a railgun headshot or something while they are calmly walking around. I usually clear the trash and avoid the big guys unless they are wailing on someone. At that point I'll stagger them. If they are hitting me I'll go all-in, of course.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Truth, nothing worse than a Firebug immediately setting Scrakes on fire so they stumble around with 99% health so nobody can get headshots on them. I found out this also happens with a poison-spec'd Medic, oops. I always try to tag the big zeds at least once whenever they show up so I get the XP when they die, but in those cases I have to remember to switch down to the 9mm before I 'mark' them.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

aniviron posted:

I was just in it for the thrill of the competition, I doubt I'd ever wear the ski mask. Keep it, or give it to second place or something.

Okay.

Takes No Damage posted:

Oct 24, to give us a week to play with the 'Halloween Event'.

You're the new winner. Gimmie that Steam ID.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Theta Zero posted:

Okay.

You're the new winner. Gimmie that Steam ID.

Awesome, thanks (and aniviron for being a classy dude).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/takesnodamage/

I'll absolutely wear it and try to build some kind of dumb bank robber/snow suit character around it, then play Outpost all day for the Bethany's skis / snowmen voice clips.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Takes No Damage posted:

Truth, nothing worse than a Firebug immediately setting Scrakes on fire so they stumble around with 99% health so nobody can get headshots on them. I found out this also happens with a poison-spec'd Medic, oops. I always try to tag the big zeds at least once whenever they show up so I get the XP when they die, but in those cases I have to remember to switch down to the 9mm before I 'mark' them.

I got all mine to 25 so don't care about the XP. But if we're venting, I hate that when zed-time kicks in for the FB you get infinite shooting in real-time, but if you were reloading then that just dawdles along in slo-mo and wastes it. I'm tempted to just go an "all guns" load-out so I can always quick switch to a gun if I'm reloading when zed-time starts, but that drat flame-thrower is just too much fun.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Seeker 6 completely obliterates Volter at least on suicidal.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

I got all mine to 25 so don't care about the XP. But if we're venting, I hate that when zed-time kicks in for the FB you get infinite shooting in real-time, but if you were reloading then that just dawdles along in slo-mo and wastes it. I'm tempted to just go an "all guns" load-out so I can always quick switch to a gun if I'm reloading when zed-time starts, but that drat flame-thrower is just too much fun.

drat I'm grinding up Firebug next then, infinite hyper-time dual flareguns sounds amaaaaaazing :kingsley:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Gromit posted:

Can you weapon cycle real quick to break the reload animation?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

drat I'm grinding up Firebug next then, infinite hyper-time dual flareguns sounds amaaaaaazing :kingsley:

It's ridiculously fun just shooting them like a machine gun when zed time kicks in.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

https://gfycat.com/LastingHarshAdmiralbutterfly

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

How are people liking the Seeker? I've... not been wild about it. The splash is small enough that I rarely hit more than two or three little zeds with it if that, and the M79 works better, but for big stuff I prefer the RPG-7 for its ability to have huge impact damage to the heads of Skrakes and FPs. I've been running it without the perk that boosts splash size at the cost of damage though, it is better with that?

Takes No Damage posted:

I'll absolutely wear it and try to build some kind of dumb bank robber/snow suit character around it, then play Outpost all day for the Bethany's skis / snowmen voice clips.

"There's no business like snow business. What? It's funny!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

aniviron posted:

How are people liking the Seeker? I've... not been wild about it. The splash is small enough that I rarely hit more than two or three little zeds with it if that, and the M79 works better, but for big stuff I prefer the RPG-7 for its ability to have huge impact damage to the heads of Skrakes and FPs. I've been running it without the perk that boosts splash size at the cost of damage though, it is better with that?

"There's no business like snow business. What? It's funny!"

It's a decent sidegrade. What it loses in splash radius and raw damage it makes up for in range with lock-on, multiple shots, and a large ammo capacity, and since it weighs the same as the RPG at least you can keep whatever loadout you're using if you've been running RPG. It does enough damage too that little and medium enemies stand no chance and certain players probably don't have to worry about blowing their face off as much.

That said I think I'll stick to RPG because the Seeker just can't compare to taking down Scrakes with rockets to the face and 21 RPG rounds is always more than I need for a wave.

Now, the Hemogoblin...