Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Inzombiac posted:

I'm very partial to Edward Scissorhands.

Yes, that one is very nice. Aside from the horror movies, the rest are pretty terrible. I can't even tell what most of the movies on the far left and bottom row are meant to be without being able to read the titles.

Except the Big Trouble in Little China cover which... Well this goes for most of these covers but especially this one: I would like to meet someone who has never heard of this movie, have them guess what it's about based only on that graphic, and then have them watch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Office Space one isn't BAD, if just a weaker version of previous posters/covers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The Saddest Rhino posted:

lol @ the pee pee poo poo man

I refuse to watch the bye bye man because that's the stupidest loving name for anything. I mean, besides that it's probably poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The concept of The Bye Bye Man is "Remember The Game? That old meme where you lost the game if you thought about it? What if it was a monster kinda?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Waffleman_ posted:

The concept of The Bye Bye Man is "Remember The Game? That old meme where you lost the game if you thought about it? What if it was a monster kinda?"

You lose, Waffleman.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
From the PYF bootleg thread...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A local rep cinema near me had this up for a Halloween retrospective and I'm not sure if they did it, but I think I like it more than the movie itself

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Halloween 3 is a masterpiece.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
If I had a TV station, I'd just start playing the Silver Shamrock commercials in October with the countdown, and then dedicate the entire evening of the 31st to running the activation signal commercial.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I saw a sold-out revival screening of Halloween III a couple years ago. The testing scene on the big screen is genuinely loving stomach-churning (A+ sound design).

The crowd was pretty rowdy up to that point and that scene shut the party down. Love it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
https://i.imgur.com/zDw02Au.mp4

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Honestly could not tell if T'Challa had a neckbeard or a terrible turtleneck for a second.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

How are they going to photoshop this for the Chinese market?

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

I liked better the golden/black combination they were using for the trailer. But I guess someone said the poster needed to be more colorful, eye catching, MORE BLUE!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/yeblod/status/920258935667519488

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

A Chinese painting of panthers fighting?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

It's still "floating heads above a city" but it's definitely got some style, I'm okay with this.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Mister Chief posted:

it'll just be a press photo of Bilbo + Gollum

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

:golfclap:

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

Honestly could not tell if T'Challa had a neckbeard or a terrible turtleneck for a second.

Well don't leave me hanging, which is it?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Quoting myself from the comic book film thread

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/WBPictures_Mx/status/920694845588606976

New poster for JL. Haven't found an english version though.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Quoting myself from the comic book film thread

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
That is a loving monstrosity

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
can we fit Professor X and Iron Man into that

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also if her name in Spanish is Mujer Maravilla, they should really turn the logo upside down to reflect.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cyborg looks so bad I feel like it's distracting from how terrible the Aquaman costume is

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cyborg looks like the Lawnmower Man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

Also if her name in Spanish is Mujer Maravilla, they should really turn the logo upside down to reflect.

Also kind of weird that hers is the only name translated.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Manly Bat
Wonderful Woman
Water Man
Exposing Man
Robot

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

muscles like this! posted:

Also kind of weird that hers is the only name translated.

That's a remnant of the dub of the 70's show, most modern media dubbed here like Injustice 2 keeps her name untranslated. Although that change is recent, most mexicans like myself have grown with Mujer Maravilla.

The Joker is in a similar boat, being the only character in the entire of Batman mythos to still being called by his original dub name "Guasón"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

The Joker is in a similar boat, being the only character in the entire of Batman mythos to still being called by his original dub name "Guasón"

What's a joker card called in Spanish? Google is giving me a literal translation I don't totally trust.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lobok posted:

What's a joker card called in Spanish? Google is giving me a literal translation I don't totally trust.

They call it a Clown Royale.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Comodín

Comics translated on the 80's actually called him like that.

Also, they changed the names of a few characters back then. Bruce Wayne was Bruno Díaz, Dick Grayson was Ricardo Tapia and Lois Lane was Luisa Lane.

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 18, 2017

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Comodín

Comics translated on the 80's actually called him like that.

Also, they changed the names of a few characters back then. Bruce Wayne was Bruno Díaz, Dick Grayson was Ricardo Tapia and Lois Lane was Luisa Lane.

El Guasón in Mexico*. But I guess that was mostly in the old series and cartoons? (90's and more recent cartoons and comics switched to Joker)

*That was the name Joker was translated to in the old 60's TV series, and old superfriends/batman cartoons. And guess some comics from the 80's.

another Edit: Guasón,it seems it comes from the word "guasa" that means to joke, or a joke, etc.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Oct 18, 2017

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

10 Beers posted:

I can't see his FB page, but I'm pretty sure I see the swords from Thundercats, Conan, and Princess Bride.

The real fun comes from counting references that postdate Gremlins. I see Princess Bride, Thundercats, V For Vendetta, Childs Play, Nightmare on Elm Street, Ghostbusters 2, Inception, Men In Black, Labyrinth, The Last Starfighter, Game of Thrones, Big Trouble in Little China, Big and The Blair Witch Project, and that's without even trying too hard.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Desperado Bones posted:

El Guasón in Mexico*. But I guess that was mostly in the old series and cartoons? (90's and more recent cartoons and comics switched to Joker)

*That was the name Joker was translated to in the old 60's TV series, and old superfriends/batman cartoons. And guess some comics from the 80's.

another Edit: Guasón,it seems it comes from the word "guasa" that means to joke, or a joke, etc.

He was known as Comodín for a while on Comics

And he has always been Guasón on cartoons and movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s2WyGl5DpE

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Batman was called Læderlappen = The Leather Patch here (DK) at first lol

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Powaqoatse posted:

Batman was called Læderlappen = The Leather Patch here (DK) at first lol

Same in Sweden (Läderlappen). But my favorite example of localized super hero names is the Thing from F4 who used to be called Big Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Evil Mastermind posted:

(full size: https://imgur.com/4CUfGGh)

The artist put 84 different movie references in there, with the key on his FB page.

wow this is the best Hidden Object game on Steam for $1