Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

ArbitraryC posted:

He never really mentions how she followed up the "accidental" picture. Like was it "oh my god please delete that sorry" or did she not say anything until he hardcore sperged out about it. Like maybe she was actually doing the texting equivalent of masturbating next to him in a tent and he did the equivalent of leaving the tent and asking reddit for help.

i bet it's the latter, and i bet that door is now closed forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Does anyone have that story? That was a good one

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
My husband [28 M] is obsessed with thinking I have/am currently cheating on him. I [28 F] am not!Relationships

quote:

My husband and I have had a rough year. I am currently staying home with our 3 month old baby, per my husband's wishes. I turned down a great job offer (and quit my former job because of this offer) because he wanted me to stay home, and as he's recently admitted, because he doesn't trust me to work with men 40 hours a week.

Being a SAHM is enjoyable - i love my baby, and it's a privilege to be able to do it. Of course, it is a sacrifice as well. Our income is halved. With a new baby, it seems prudent to work. My husband also seems stressed with finances. This is stressful for me.

Our baby spent about a month in the NICU, so I was out of the house a lot while visiting her at the hospital. Since then, my husband can't get past the idea that I'm cheating. He goes through my phone weekly. He demands I show him my bank statements to prove I was where I claimed. He relates anything out of the ordinary on my cheating - here are some examples:

I cleaned the kitchen while he was away, but left out the hot sauce from the previous night's dinner. I don't like hot sauce, and I cleaned, so he jumped to the sauce being out because someone was over for lunch and used it.

I got a stain on my pants and was bemoaning it because I didn't know how it got there. He decided it was from lube and got on me during some tryst with someone.

Things have been stressful and tough for a while, but this is ridiculous and hurtful. I'm treated like I'm on probation. Honestly, I feel like he should be the one apologizing and trying to make it up to me. I can't convince him of anything because he has lost trust in me. I'm sure I have changed since giving birth. I know my libido is lower since pre-pregnancy, but I've been open about this and have tried to meet his needs regardless.

Can anyone give advise on getting my husband past this before i lose it? This is pushing me away and I honestly don't know how much longer I can stand it.

Tl,dr: husband thinks I'm cheating, but I'm not and can't convince him. He treats me with no trust.

Embittered
Dec 8, 2009

almightyerin posted:

It is. My sister did this on our trip to Disney. I've never been so exhausted in my life.

Or you skip the non beer serving parks and turn it into a drunken romp that will probably scar some kid for life when you blurt out how the characters aren't real.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

maskenfreiheit posted:

My husband [28 M] is obsessed with thinking I have/am currently cheating on him. I [28 F] am not!Relationships

So uh he's 100% cheating, right?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

misguided rage posted:

So uh he's 100% cheating, right?

He is. He cheated on her when she was tending their sick child.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

maskenfreiheit posted:

Yeah lady your husband is loving like 10 different women and probably, like, a dog.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A cheater man's favorite time to cheat is when his child is dying. It gets his cheater penis super blot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"Dating" an nerd [26 M] who is hot and cold with me [26 F]. Should I be patient or move on ?Relationships
25 points 23 comments submitted 4 months ago by bdevbca to r/relationships

Hi guys,
I know a guy from college and for a few years now we had a super strong attraction every time we saw each other in the halls or in classes. Like the kind where you just stare into each others eyes and fade out everything around you. Because I was in a relationship for the last 7 years up until a few months ago, I never really approached him and he never made a move either.

I started talking to him when my relationship fell apart completely Not a surprise, I was already done with it for months but couldn't break up in the middle of the semester because I wouldn't have had a place to live and was in a really bad place mentally, due to my mental illness. That was in january.

I did tell him about my situation briefly, to keep him in the loop. The same evening I told him (per text) that he is really great and good-looking and he told me the same thing basically, so I was sure we were on the same page.

Then I hosed up a bit. I'm borderline (he doesn't know that) and in the months prior to my breakup I really changed my life around for the better culminating in the breakup which was a huge burden lifted off of me, so naturally I was, for the first time in my life, just happy.

Because of the circumstances I went out drinking with friends a few times and once drunk-texted my crush. I told him he is awesome and hot etc. Not the L-word. But I complimented him MANY TIMES :D After that he slowly started to pull back, still he answered when I texted, made inside jokes now and then but it definitely cooled down.

When I asked him to hang out 3 weeks or so after the breakup (4 months after we started talking) he told me he doesn't think it's a good idea (what exactly he didn't tell me) because he assumes I developed a crush on him because of my tough situation and my mental state and that he is overwhelmed with me complementing him.

I accepted that and we didn't talk for over a month, then I texted him and proposed that we go about it slowly this time because it was bad timing for me back during the breakup and at first he told me he doesn't want to because he doesn't know what I want. That text made me super angry at first but than I thought about it and texted him back telling him exactly what I want, to talk to him over text sometimes about raspberry pi's and bash. Without any additional expectations or demands (which is a lie of course I have the expectation that we get together in the future).

I couldn't believe my shameless audacity didn't alienate him further because he texted me back that that's doable, even with a little smiley-face. So the current state of things is I text him once a week and he usually answers with more questions and after 3 or 4 back and forth texts the conversation is over because at this point I think we both fear we could gently caress up again.

However I have difficulties coming to terms with whatever there is between us since I can't really tell how much he likes me and fear I am borderline harassing him. He is very pragmatic and I assume he has little to no experience with women, because of how incredibly insecure and shy he is around me (but not around others).

My therapist told me to keep pestering him when we had that period we didn't talk and I did and it turned out "well", but I can only do this for longer if there is hope of him opening up and wanting to take this to the next stage and on one hand I am sure he likes me (no one ever looked at me like he does and laughed that genuinely at my jokes) but on the other hand it's hard for me to accept that he wants so much distance without fearing it's because I'm not good enough.

Should I be persistent?

tl;dr: Met the most amazing guy and am sure he really likes me, at least at one point he did. Then I alienated him and things cooled down between us. I fixed it to a degree and we are talking again, however I can only accept him needing his distance now if there is hope of that changing in the future but am not sure whether that will happen. What should I do ?

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Husband is 1000% percent cheating. I hope Redddit tells her as much.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
If eating pistachios has taught me anything, its that sometimes you just have to stop trying to get that fucker out of his shell and throw it away.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

If eating pistachios has taught me anything, its that sometimes you just have to stop trying to get that fucker out of his shell and throw it away.

woah

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck

dudeness posted:

Wisdom

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dudeness posted:

lol word

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

dudeness posted:

:drat:

sierramike76
Mar 27, 2010

Alright, you loving spergs, in case you didn't get the Disney World post with the kid involved, yes, the sister in law is a poo poo bag for foisting her kid on relatives, but the aunt (OP) is also a poo poo bag for completely blowing off the fact that her niece is obviously being neglected in a CPS-should-get-involved sense. JFC
Almost every single super vocal "child-free" person I've met loving loves poo poo aimed at kids. There's layers to this poo poo.

More nonsense to make ourselves feel better about our lovely lives.

I [22/F] told my boyfriend [23/M] that I love him for the first time and his response was minutes of laughter.

quote:

So I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 months and last Friday, after working up the courage, I told him I love him. I was originally going to wait for him to say it first but I was feeling rather bold that day. Little did I know that his response to my "I love you" would be laughter.
Now, I do understand our relationship is still new. However, his response to my saying I love him still makes me want to crawl out of my skin. This is not super surprising for him, given that he laughs in light of anything serious. Still, I am pretty hurt by the laughter and the thought of telling him I love him ever again makes me sick to my stomach. I am afraid to talk to him about it and risk the situation becoming even more awkward.
A little more information about post- saying I love you: We both have pretended it never happened and neither of us has brought it up.
tl;dr: My boyfriend laughed after I told him I love him for the first time and now I do not know where to go from here. Should I approach him about it and risk it being more awkward?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

maskenfreiheit posted:

He 100% cheated on her and is hoping desperately to catch her before she catches him, because he knows his wife could go to divorce court and tear him a new rear end in a top hat.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
How does the pistachio analogy account for that trick where you use the discarded shell of easy-to-open pistachio A to break the gently caress into coy, difficult pistachio B?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

lemon-lyme disease posted:

How does the pistachio analogy account for that trick where you use the discarded shell of easy-to-open pistachio A to break the gently caress into coy, difficult pistachio B?

Use his friend to hook you up.

(His friend is actually a pistachio)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

sierramike76 posted:

Almost every single super vocal "child-free" person I've met loving loves poo poo aimed at kids. There's layers to this poo poo.

That's always been one of my most favorite parts about reading that poo poo. It's a really special flavor of r/relationships type stuff.
Anyway, this is my favorite childfree related story is the person who counted up every child-hating comment for the few months before Christmas season in some community on Livejournal, and donated a toy to a childrens' charity for each one.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

"that candy bar was for company! "

oh good now im home

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGv4IxGgmgA

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sierramike76 posted:

Alright, you loving spergs, in case you didn't get the Disney World post with the kid involved, yes, the sister in law is a poo poo bag for foisting her kid on relatives, but the aunt (OP) is also a poo poo bag for completely blowing off the fact that her niece is obviously being neglected in a CPS-should-get-involved sense.

i dont know what you expect CPS to do about a parent being a narcissist, so long as the kid is fed, housed, and not visibly bruised then you're in the clear

also getting your niece forcibly removed from her mother by the state is, let's say, not a good solution in terms of family coherency

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Broken, empty humans are pretty good at cracking others and making them empty too.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

fruit on the bottom posted:

You have to eat the friend first. And then spit out whatever is left, after first sucking all of the salt out of it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Boyfriend [26M] thinks a Game of Thrones joke between me [24F] and my brother [27M] was actually serious.

My brother and I started a small business together last year. This past weekend was the anniversary of the opening and we had a little celebration with our family which of course my boyfriend (of about 9 months) was also invited.

So I said let's toast to our business, let this be the beginning of "House X of Easteros" (our family name instead of X, easteros because were live on the east coast). Everyone laughed and we drank. Then my brother said as the eldest child he is the Lord, and me as his little sister still have not bent the knee to him. He then said "come here my lady and bend the knee to your lord". So I stood up and did a curtsy and said "My Lord" and laughed.

Yesterday my boyfriend asked me if I really "bent the knee" to my brother, as in I'm now going to surrender my will to him. I laughed and said it was obviously a joke. This morning he once again told me that he doesn't think it was a joke and he thinks my brother actually took that seriously and will expect me to be obedient. I said no it was a joke.

Just now he texted me and said "look I get you think it was a joke but I don't and if your brother became controlling or tried to take over the business from you know that you have options and I have your back. We'll discuss this later."

I replied WTF which he hasn't replied to. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly think that was serious and he isn't dropping it after I told it to him 2 times in 2 days.

Then he texted my brother and said "dude that bend the knee thing was a joke right?" Which my brother replied "No it was serious I'm actually looking for a good match for Lady (insert my name). You're lowborn so she can't marry you." My brother sent a screenshot of this conversation to me.

I can't stop and think that he will take this seriously as well and this is going to be a weird conversation. What the hell am I supposed to do?

tl;dr: Boyfriend think me and my brother's Game of Thrones joke about him being a Lord and me bending the knee was serious. Awkward conversations followed and will follow, because he asked my brother and my brother took it upon himself to make further jokes.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Boyfriend [26M] thinks a Game of Thrones joke between me [24F] and my brother [27M] was actually serious.

My brother and I started a small business together last year. This past weekend was the anniversary of the opening and we had a little celebration with our family which of course my boyfriend (of about 9 months) was also invited.

So I said let's toast to our business, let this be the beginning of "House X of Easteros" (our family name instead of X, easteros because were live on the east coast). Everyone laughed and we drank. Then my brother said as the eldest child he is the Lord, and me as his little sister still have not bent the knee to him. He then said "come here my lady and bend the knee to your lord". So I stood up and did a curtsy and said "My Lord" and laughed.

Yesterday my boyfriend asked me if I really "bent the knee" to my brother, as in I'm now going to surrender my will to him. I laughed and said it was obviously a joke. This morning he once again told me that he doesn't think it was a joke and he thinks my brother actually took that seriously and will expect me to be obedient. I said no it was a joke.

Just now he texted me and said "look I get you think it was a joke but I don't and if your brother became controlling or tried to take over the business from you know that you have options and I have your back. We'll discuss this later."

I replied WTF which he hasn't replied to. I can't imagine how anyone could possibly think that was serious and he isn't dropping it after I told it to him 2 times in 2 days.

Then he texted my brother and said "dude that bend the knee thing was a joke right?" Which my brother replied "No it was serious I'm actually looking for a good match for Lady (insert my name). You're lowborn so she can't marry you." My brother sent a screenshot of this conversation to me.

I can't stop and think that he will take this seriously as well and this is going to be a weird conversation. What the hell am I supposed to do?

tl;dr: Boyfriend think me and my brother's Game of Thrones joke about him being a Lord and me bending the knee was serious. Awkward conversations followed and will follow, because he asked my brother and my brother took it upon himself to make further jokes.

Some people think TV is real.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I hope the brother never lets it go and just needles the poo poo out of that guy until he snaps

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
These multipage debates are distracting me from the silly reddit posts/threads.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Well played, brother

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The boyfriend seems totally down to protect his lady's honor in this situation. They should tell him the brother has chosen a champion to fight him to the death for ownership of their small business and see if he bites.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
fuckin gam of thrones has probable made some real life siblings gently caress each other. god drat are people malleable and stupid as poo poo. imagine watching a dragon show on hbo that conviced yo to put your brother's penier into your self

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
damng

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

cumshitter posted:

The boyfriend seems totally down to protect his lady's honor in this situation. They should tell him the brother has chosen a champion to fight him to the death for ownership of their small business and see if he bites.

And that champion is The Dog. And that Dog is a Rottweiler.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

boner confessor posted:

i dont know what you expect CPS to do about a parent being a narcissist, so long as the kid is fed, housed, and not visibly bruised then you're in the clear

also getting your niece forcibly removed from her mother by the state is, let's say, not a good solution in terms of family coherency

and what are the outcomes for the kid at that point? adopted by a family member? grandma and grandpa have to have an 8 year old now? childfree relatives aren't doing it. god help the kid if she ends up in the foster system as an 8 year old girl.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yes! Wait…

Admiral Ray posted:

Broken, empty humans are pretty good at cracking others and making them empty too.

God loving drat. It works too well.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Pick posted:

fuckin gam of thrones has probable made some real life siblings gently caress each other. god drat are people malleable and stupid as poo poo. imagine watching a dragon show on hbo that conviced yo to put your brother's penier into your self
If watching Game of Thrones made someone have sex with a sibling they totally wanted to bang anyway and are using that as an excuse, tbh.

It's hilarious tho bc all the incest in the books is super hosed up and that's not really glossed over, although other stuff is. Like I get that it's glamorizing it some for entertainment value but if you look at the twinfucking and go 'wow that's my ideal relationship' something was broke in you emotionally to start with and you should :therapy:.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

PetraCore posted:

if you look at the twinfucking and go 'wow that's my ideal relationship' something was broke in you emotionally to start with and you should kill yourself and your whole family HTH

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Haifisch posted:

I work for Disney; Mom(50sF) promised her friend(??F) one of my free tickets to Disneyland. I(22F) don’t want her tagging along with us.

This is the plot to Jurassic World.

Multilake
Dec 11, 2016

If you're in a jam, a crayon scrunched under your nose makes a good pretend moustache.

Grem posted:

This is the plot to Jurassic World.

Probably just a prequel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

This lady's brother owns. Really, this lady should also just play along at this point and refer to him as her lowborn concubine.