Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/AmznMovieRevws/status/920681396271693824

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I suspect that if we got to read his string of "Hey. Hey. Hey. Whats Up. Hey."s, it would paint a different picture of "she ignored most of my advances." Its a dumb idea to hook up with someone you work with, and also dumb to send a lude picture to them, but if his story were accurate in every detail though, are we all so sure that someone would lose their job and thousands of dollars in tuition because they sent a mildly offensive picture to someone they'd hooked up with a couple weeks prior, and had been talking to and flirting with?

I bet when she showed them the string of unrequited text messages, he looks like a loving serial killer.

Maybe I'm overly cautious, but I wouldn't hook up with someone at an event paid for by my work. You can maybeeeee pull the "I wasn't technically working" card in the evening, but I'd be willing to bet some of those texts

I might fire up Tinder and look for some local strange, but I'd have backed off when I saw her at the venue and said I don't like to mix professional and personal

Embittered posted:

Horse people are cat people dialed to 11, buckled with the insane cost of horse ownership. Also sounds like the sister is childfree as well.

the horses are her babies

knehsa
Apr 22, 2013

her sister should be more interested in spending the money on a good, solid therapist

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Who What Now posted:

The only thing worse than horses are the people that genuinely love them.

Horses are way smarter than dogs or cats, that's a big dimension of the appeal.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
horses can talk according to tv as well

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

This actually isn't true, people just convince themselves this is the case. The only thoughts or emotions horses are capable of are fear, hunger, and the urge to stomp.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Pick posted:

on the other hand, dogs and cats don't tend to break their legs as if they were Twiglets

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Adam Vegas posted:

on the other hand, dogs and cats don't tend to break their legs as if they were Twiglets

Neither do horses, horses are doing fun stuff all the time. They can just have a bad day, I've never known someone who lost a horse to a break.

Did you know 1/3rd of wild orangutans have mended bones from breaks from falling down? Yeah, sometimes when they're swinging through the trees, they just loving bite it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight

Adam Vegas posted:

Plus if a dog or a cat breaks it's leg it gets an adorable little cast while horses get a bullet because they are worthless animals.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Why do you people hate horses so much is it because it's illegal to eat them in the US?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Admiral Ray posted:

Why do you people hate horses so much is it because it's illegal to eat them in the US?

Yes.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
It is? My friend Jay Riemenschneider eats horse all the time.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
speaking of which, everyone should go to iceland and eat a horse steak, because it is delicious

very tender and dense

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

Its legal to eat horse meat in the US and I eat it not for the flavor but the horse death.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If you deal with horses with any kind of regularity, then it’s only a matter of time before you have to face tragedy. When that happens it’s important to brush up on your scripture.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

it's not illegal, it's frowned upon. like walking around Berkeley naked.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Admiral Ray posted:

Shoveling horse poo poo sucks and they cost absurd amount of money for what amounts to a giant brain-damaged dog incapable of love.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Barudak posted:

Its legal to eat horse meat in the US and I eat it not for the flavor but the horse death.

That's my reason for eating anything, really.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I think most horse-hate either exists on SA because of that hilarious thread, but in real life the people who're spending enough time around horses to hate them are the crazy people who love horses so much that they're choosing to spend all that time around them.

Cattle ranchers, however, who only deal with horses in passing tend to hate them, in my experience.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

:(

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

blarzgh posted:

I think most horse-hate either exists on SA because of that hilarious thread, but in real life the people who're spending enough time around horses to hate them are the crazy people who love horses so much that they're choosing to spend all that time around them.

Cattle ranchers, however, who only deal with horses in passing tend to hate them, in my experience.

if i hated horses why would i be so outraged that mike pence fucks them

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I dealt with horses from crazy horse lady, summer camp, very lightly farming, and “this is my only transportation option because the last burro already left” perspectives.

Horses are stupidly unpercetive animals with nary a spec of intelligence but even they can detect I loathe them for all their multitudes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

if i hated horses why would i be so outraged that mike pence fucks them

Mike Pence does not gently caress horses. He is hosed by horses.

sierramike76
Mar 27, 2010

We have an update to the woman who spent all her time in the water.

quote:

OP: np.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/7547t4/my_28m_girlfriend_24f_has_a_weird_obsession_and_i/
She's gone.
I don't even know why I'm writing, just to give an update I guess. She vanished. I woke up and didn't find her and she'd left a note taped in the bathroom mirror and she said she loved me and that she was okay.
She didn't take all of her stuff, left laptop and other material things, took some of her favorite clothes, mostly loose dresses and bathing suits that she used to jump in the water and that's it.
I don't know where she is. It's been 6 days, I called everyone, nobody answers, her mom won't answer me, I called the police because I thought she was missing, they can't do poo poo because she left a note. I asked around the beach, a lot of people said they saw her but just that one day.
I don't know what to do now. I have no idea. I'm lost, I'm sad, I'm angry, I don't know what the hell happened. I feel like she liked the sea so much that she drowned me in it,
tl;dr: She disappeared.

She was a mermaid or a selkie, obviously.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

She went back to atlantis :unsmith:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m sorry to tell you pal, but she’s pregnant and when you see your son in twenty years he’s gonna be a real bipolar piece of poo poo with a weird fixation on blondes.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Nah, she put on all her dresses and bathing suits at once, then went out and drowned.

sierramike76
Mar 27, 2010

Clark Nova posted:

Nah, she put on all her dresses and bathing suits at once, then went out and drowned.

I mean, sure, if you want to make us sad over it.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
How do I (22M) tell my roommates(21M, 20M) that I did not get my fair share of weed last time and would like if I was compensated for the next time

quote:

So idk if I’m in the right subreddit this is my first post ever. Anyway straight to the point.

So a few weeks ago two roommates and I bought an Oz (28 grams) of weed and usually we split it 3 ways as soon as we get it so 9.33 grams each about. Anyway, on this last pick up my roommates dropped off the Oz at home then went to get food. Instead of waiting for them I got the scale and measured about 0.5 grams. I haven’t touched from the Oz since and the next day I see my roommates are smoking from the Oz (which I should’ve said something because I know for a fact they’re not measuring as they’re smoking so they have no idea how much they have smoked).

Now to the lovely part. When the three of us decided to split it 3 ways I ended getting 7.5 grams instead of like 8.5 grams. When I say that i smoked no more than half a gram one of my roommates disagreed saying things like “there’s no way we went through that much with just two people” & “I don’t smoke that much”

So the reason I’m posting here is that I do not like conflict especially when it comes to money. It’s just never goes well in my experience so my anxiety stopped me from saying anything else and I was high at the moment so my anxiety was a little worse because I felt like if I said something I would be getting into some sort of argument and my heart was just racing thinking about it.

But ever since, it’s been on my mind that I wish I said something and now I really want to but I don’t know what to say. Or is it even too late to say something? We’re about to pick up again soon and I was thinking when we split it again I say “Hey, I really should’ve mentioned this a while ago but I got at least 1 gram less than I should’ve on the last sack so is it chill I get an extra gram on this one?” My only concern is what do I do if they argue against me or disagree with me??? like I don’t want to ruin friendships or making living situations lovely but it’s also not fair, even for 1 gram, that I get ripped off this way. This isn’t just weed related. These sort of conflicts affect me in lots of situations and i always end up taking poo poo just to avoid any conflict/arguing. I just loving wish people were honest or aware of what they are doing so there would be no conflict at all. Any advice would help. Thank you for reading :)

tl;dr: Picked up weed with two roommates and didn’t get my fair share. Picking up again soon and don’t know what to say or if it’s too late to say anything and be compensated for my share next time

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

fruit on the bottom posted:

How do I (22M) tell my roommates(21M, 20M) that I did not get my fair share of weed last time and would like if I was compensated for the next time

Dude needs to chill, he should just show them this post and they'll certainly agree he's not getting to smoke enough weed.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

sierramike76 posted:

Now it just reads like a crappy ghost story like that other roomate one. Ill miss you impossible fish wife.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Some said their love was impossible, but sometimes dreams do come true.

In a new Nicholas Parks movie guaranteed to make you moist

Coming Summer 2018

Wet Dreams

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Anyone have the “Beth El Pup” story and the “anime girls wakes him up” ones? It’s fairly difficult digging through 1000+ pages?

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Berth ell pup is like the second result on Google:

Original

Update

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

quote:

i always end up taking poo poo just to avoid any conflict/arguing

I get that but in this instance

- no one can verify that he measured out .5
- it's their collective gently caress up for not splitting it ASAP before smoking from it

So he should just always strive to split before smoking any and then problem solved. If he had just measured out 9.3 for everyone then smoked from his third in the very beginning, this would all be avoided.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

sierramike76 posted:

She was a mermaid or a selkie, obviously.
Dude couldn't handle a non-basic girl, now he lost the treasure forever. She was probably linked the reddit post as it was pretty specific. It's somewhat funny that he "asked around the beach" as if he really expected that she swam away into the sea.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Uh because that’s thats what happened dude.

Can my ex really force me to hit our son? TN

quote:

My ex-husband and I divorced seven years ago when we realized that our different views on parenting and relationships were insurmountable.

We pretty much have equal time/decision making rights of our now nine year old son. During the divorce, I did everything I could to ensure that our parenting plan/custody agreement would forbid my ex from hitting our son (one of the main reasons for the split). But being as this is Tennessee, the judge said he had to follow the state law and just reminded me of the Tennessee code regarding hitting one's child when they displease you.

Our son is very energetic and I admit can be a handful, but my husband and I have never had any major behavioral issues with him until now. To make a long story short, he is trying to refuse custody changes and begs us not to make him go to his dads, saying that he is miserable at his dad's because he hits him for "being such a screw up". And I want to be clear that this isn't a swat on the butt for doing something unsafe or rude, it's getting smacked on the bare butt almost every day he's with his dad. He listed off several recent instances where he was "being a screw up" and got spanked for it. The list ranged from letting the screen door bang shut to saying "yes" instead of "yes, sir" during a phone call while on my time.

I immediately contacted the lawyer I used for the divorce, who said she couldn't help me because hitting your kid is legal in Tennessee as long as you don't leave "lasting marks" (apparently a red hand print isn't a lasting mark, but a bruise is?), which so far my son says his dad hasn't, although she did say that my ex husband is "seriously pushing the boundaries of what is seen as acceptable discipline".

I eventually found an attorney who thought he could help me fight my ex for full custody, or at least have our custody agreement amended so that my ex isn't allowed to hit our son anymore. At the end of last week I was contacted by his firm, telling me that he had passed suddenly but that they were "investigating" the status of the paperwork he had "hopefully" already filed with the court, and are working on assigning another attorney to my case.

Today, I received a "heads up" from my ex that he has already filed for full custody of our son, citing our son's "atrocious behavior", which he claims is a direct result of "a refusal to enforce proper discipline" on my part. He says that our son only wants to be with me and my husband because we "don't discipline him", and that it has created an unequal situation "that falls perfectly within the realm of parental alienation". WTF????? He says he won't withdraw the paperwork until we promise to "get on board", which he clarified to mean hitting our son, too.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I know (feel??) that logically no court is going to take custody from a parent for refusing to hit their 4th grader. But I also felt like no court would give half custody to a dad who was adamant he couldn't deal with his toddler without hitting him, so obviously my barometer is off. And people here are REALLY defensive about the hitting thing, everyone wants to tell you that their parents hit them and they turned out fine and how dare you question their parents parenting ability, you godless Yankee.

So while my former lawyer's firm is working on getting someone else on our case(and finding out if my paperwork was even filed), I'm just looking for reassurance or some advice about how this will go. How worried should we be? At the old lawyer's advice we are still enforcing custody changes, painful as they are. I know how loathe courts are to take away parenting time, but I'm acutely aware of what an emotional issue this is for some people. Has anyone been in this situation before? Just wondering what to expect.

Tl;dr: Ex husband hits our 9 year old almost daily for minute things, he now hates being there and wants to live with us full time. His dad responded by filing for full custody, won't drop it until I agree to hit too. How worried should I be?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
gently caress that dad and gently caress the insane cultural norm of child abuse in this stupid country. I hope she gets sole custody somehow and moves.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

fruit on the bottom posted:

Uh because that’s thats what happened dude.

Can my ex really force me to hit our son? TN

what the dad is doing is technically legal but lol that he thinks he'll have any success even in tennessee family court when he contends that his ex wife doesn't hit their son hard or often enough, especially if they get testimony from the kid about why dad hits him, or that they divorced because dad was physically disciplining a toddler (!!!)

if you ever have to hit a child to enforce your authority it's just an admission that you're not smart enough to convince, persuade, or trick your child. the real revenge will be in nine years when this poor abused boy becomes an angry man who loathes his biodad

zakharov posted:

gently caress that dad and gently caress the insane cultural norm of child abuse in this stupid country. I hope she gets sole custody somehow and moves.

"my dad hit me all the time, and i turned out fine" *freaks out and beats a four year old for talking back instead of explaining why talking back is poor behavior*

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I knew that a lot of American states are hosed on some law issues but I haven't imagined that openly admitting to hitting your child is legal, holy poo poo.