Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

ArtVandelay posted:

Let me also say, todays Off Book is actually the most cohesive episode, and definitely the best so far. Even better than the Drew Tarver episode. Doesn't hurt that Nicole Parker has an incredible voice and is very funny.

I listened to because I thought it was Nicole Bayer guesting...man, it's one of the best sung episodes they've ever done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Who wins in a piano fight -- Scott Passarella or Eban Schletter?

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Do spices think that their only audience is musical fans? Why is Off Book the only show with that sponsor?

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

GraPar posted:

The most recent With Special Guest, with Besser doing a Handmaid's Tale parody, is really, really funny and dark. Can be appreciated even if you've never watched the show.

I'll listen to anything that Besser is invovled in. I had my doubts off the bat......but this episode was comedy gold.

Oh......and Stolen Idea......after a confusing first episode......has done a 180. That second episode was great.

Off-Book.......haven't really gotten into. But I love Jess McKinna. And this Zach Reino dude.....who I never heard of prior to this podcast.....is spot on funny. Two super talented hosts......but not a great concept. They would kill in a Spont-Like format. And add in PFT. Don't care for many of his reoccuring characters......but you can hear how much he enjoys these podcasts.....and it makes it way better. Oh, and Mr. Peanut Butter! He's brilliant on Bojack Horsedog.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Oh, and Strictly Business turned me off from the beginning......but it turned out to be hilarious. I've gotta stop judging these podcasts on the first episode. Drew Tarver is great in everything. Is Seeso going defunked? Bajillion Dollar Properties is one of the best things on TV or on Not-TV. If Seeso shuts down.....Comedy Central better scoop this up. It's brilliant.

Oh....and if you haven't listened to Hollywood Monsterclass......you've wasted a life.

Wanna pimp Hard Nation too. It's highs are way better than its lows. Check it out if you've never heard it.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Is Seeso going defunked? Bajillion Dollar Properties is one of the best things on TV or on Not-TV. If Seeso shuts down.....Comedy Central better scoop this up. It's brilliant.
Oh boy. Seeso is very dead, Harmonquest, My Brother, and cyanide were the only Seeso originals to find new homes as far as I know.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Bajillion is up on iTunes now, but other than that and the shows mentioned above, all the other Seeso stuff is dead.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

The Senator Giroux posted:

Bajillion is up on iTunes now, but other than that and the shows mentioned above, all the other Seeso stuff is dead.

So Bajillion is going to continue? (fingers crossed).

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Bajillion and Take My Wife are both looking for new homes, pretty much every other SeeSo show has been sold off to someone else. You'd think that the prospect of buying two shows that both have entirely completed, unseen, ready-to-air seasons would be attractive for some content-hungry streaming outlet. It would be a drop in the bucket for Netflix, given their recent ridiculous spending spree.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

BDP having a full season in the can and getting no offers to buy it after a month does not give me high hopes. Was season 2 of Take My Wife actually produced? I thought it just got renewed.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

BDP having a full season in the can and getting no offers to buy it after a month does not give me high hopes. Was season 2 of Take My Wife actually produced? I thought it just got renewed.

Cameron and Rhea have said (on CBB, I think?) that they were fully in production on Season 2 when they got rumblings that SeeSo was going under, but they were able to finish shooting and editing it. So it's complete, ready to air, they just don't have a home.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the sadness i feel listening to this episode is even worse than parks and rec 4

actual episode even starts with patton making a joke referencing his wife :(

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

cams posted:

the sadness i feel listening to this episode is even worse than parks and rec 4

actual episode even starts with patton making a joke referencing his wife :(

Hollywood Handbook got Patton Oswalt? haha, just a little riff on how HH is popular in the thread

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Not sure I can support the rampant sexual harassment of staff and guests on Hollywood handbook in the post Weinstein era.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Lennon & St Clair on With Special Guest. I bet it's good.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/jessica-st-clair-lennon-parham-getting-comfy/

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
The Dog barking loud as hell on Handbook this week made me laugh so hard, and I don't know why.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

The Dog barking loud as hell on Handbook this week made me laugh so hard, and I don't know why.

That is Bosch, and Chef Kevin (Creep) should have done a better job of watching Netflix with him this week.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like when bosch barked after sean made the dumb "the something of the parts" joke

i took that as commentary

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Nobody is allowed to complain about musical episodes on I4H anymore because the reveal of the girlfriend's name in last weeks episode was one of the funniest things to happen on the podcast in a longtime.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't disagree.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

Nobody is allowed to complain about musical episodes on I4H anymore because the reveal of the girlfriend's name in last weeks episode was one of the funniest things to happen on the podcast in a longtime.

I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard it was so perfect, the timing of the response, everyones reaction in the room, everything.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

JethroMcB posted:

That is Bosch, and Chef Kevin (Creep) should have done a better job of watching Netflix with him this week.

making your new dog's name a bit is a powerful move

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goddamn. Just listened to the newest Off Book finally, that was a fantastic episode. My favorite since the pilot easily.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

cams posted:

i like when bosch barked after sean made the dumb "the something of the parts" joke

i took that as commentary
i'm still listening to the ep but Hayes' "WC Fields medal" quip was top notch

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

quote:

and I'd do all the loving drugs in the world and I'd shoot guns in the air and wouldn't care if those bullets went back to the earth and went through some old lady's loving head because I would be an animal.

Do you think if a cat shot a gun it'd care if the bullet came down and went through a mouse's head?!

going through gelmania for the first time. it's good.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
It's the best thing earwolf has ever done

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Just listened to the first ep of Lund and Blasooch's podcast. It's totally absurd and ridiculous, and only guest Matt Gourley seems to realize it. Amanda Lund is weirdly sincere and really gets into it and I couldn't stop laughing at her character work.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

They were really funny on Spont together, so I might have to try it out even though I don't really have time for another show in my podcast rotation.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

The premise kind of sucks and I don't know if i'll be listening every week. I'm fascinated by their point of view, though, because they are both completely insane people.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Also, Off Book crushed it again today.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Kevin Bartelt's devastating rear-naked choke is unbeatable. As an MMA fighter, Kevin Bartelt is a ferocious grappler who can break any hold and exert his strength at will. #KevinBarteltMMA

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Lou was a for real delight today on HH. And the Boyz seemed energized, felt like an old school ep. Bret losing the plot during his bit was amazing. Great, great ep. I gotta check out American Vandal, have heard a lot of praise for it.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 18, 2017

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

ManoliIsFat posted:

Lou was a for real delight today on HH. And the Boyz seemed energized, felt like an old school ep. Bret losing the plot during his bit was amazing. Great, great ep. I gotta check out American Vandal, have heard a lot of praise for it.

Yeah! That's a great point about the energy, I was also noticing that. HH is the best with a bit of that manic spirit.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006
Season 3 of Teachers Lounge is still fantastic. " You know that old TV show "Get Smart"? I wish you would get hosed."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mollymauk posted:

Season 3 of Teachers Lounge is still fantastic. " You know that old TV show "Get Smart"? I wish you would get hosed."

I burst into a full-on belly laugh walking down the street when he dropped that. Also loved hearing more about Mr. Weatherman's "Bad Deal" at the gym.

Really wish I knew what the deal with this bottomless piggy bank was, though.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

I burst into a full-on belly laugh walking down the street when he dropped that. Also loved hearing more about Mr. Weatherman's "Bad Deal" at the gym.

Really wish I knew what the deal with this bottomless piggy bank was, though.

Whenever Drew Tarver goes into that upper octave voice it busses me up.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Mollymauk posted:

South Pole Santa Claus. Holy poo poo

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
After procrastinating on it, I finally gave Teacher's Lounge a chance today.

Had me laughing within 2 minutes.

Koholint
Jan 1, 2010

~Neck Angels~
Teacher’s Lounge is funny but to my ears they have two voices shared between four people so it’s really hard to distinguish between the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mollymauk posted:

Whenever Drew Tarver goes into that upper octave voice it busses me up.

I've probably listened to his impassioned "If you're lookin' to bust me? gently caress OFF" rant about how Derek Cheetahman is a young Hasidic student and not, in fact, a cheetah probably a dozen times at this point, and it is still funny precisely because of this.

That may be the best episode, because later you get Lauren Lapkus' character with the snack-centric backstory and the Twitter handle @MrsSmuckersButtFuckers.org

Koholint posted:

Teacher's Lounge is funny but to my ears they have two voices shared between four people so it's really hard to distinguish between the characters.

Yeah, it took me a long time to distinguish everybody who isn't Dan Lippert/Todd Padre too...I didn't even realize Drew Tarver was part of the cast until I finished the first season. But now I can finally identify my Levi's from my Weatherman.