Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
So instead of a whole bunch standard cops+specials scattered about, there's definite groups of cops with different AI patterns?

That could work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

That’s how the game already works

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EorayMel posted:

So instead of a whole bunch standard cops+specials scattered about, there's definite groups of cops with different AI patterns?

That could work.
Instead of "Spawn clones" it's "Spawn mix". Instead of 4 shields together, 4 tasers together, a pair of medics together or a pair of dozers together, it's a bunch of stuff. Except for Dozers - they spawn in pairs, with buddies.

Damnit Vox.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Also it's not really a "new" feature, more like bringing back something that was around for 3 years before out current balance overlord Jules deemed it to be a bad feature.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the specific spawn groups are a fairly reasonable handshake between the old group balance (which had so few interesting special spawns that specials ended up showing up in a really homogenous way) and the new group balance (which just spawns so many specials that they're interesting only in that they happen to be in the right place at the right time)

but they're nothing revolutionary in terms of tech, no

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I gotta emphasize these will get toned down and reworked as needed to achieve fun endgame rather than smashing skull or cakewalk endgame. I'd love to get feedback from folks ingame.

(four cloakers during a control phase, what was I thinking- and where are all the black dozers?)

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

(four cloakers during a control phase, what was I thinking- and where are all the black dozers?)
"Sure is a shame you don't see these guys so much on maps with rarely visited hiding places" and somewhere in your repressed memories of Reputation Beyond Reproach.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

maswastaken posted:

"Sure is a shame you don't see these guys so much on maps with rarely visited hiding places" and somewhere in your repressed memories of Reputation Beyond Reproach.

oh no, that's a separate fix, we're gonna try to split the cloakers that spawn in assaults and try to get to you from the ones that hide.

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.

Discendo Vox posted:

I gotta emphasize these will get toned down and reworked as needed to achieve fun endgame rather than smashing skull or cakewalk endgame. I'd love to get feedback from folks ingame.

I'm in the camp that random conceal carry civ would be a nice addition. Would have to be loud only though or could be problematic but no one stealths anyway.

If we're going all out: "Belongs in a Museum" should be an achievement for running loud Diamond without breaking any glass. To trigger it you'd have to have a loud kill within 30 sec so no cheesing it.

swims
May 5, 2014

If current ingame assets only apply have heli escape dockyard be lightened up at the end a little and then the hotline chopper shows up and shoot at the crew. He'd show up mid water area once the first bomb part is secured.

E- just realized I'm fanficfioning but this is almost a real thing.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Why the gently caress do I keep crashing as host when I'm almost through with Aftershock deathwish :saddowns:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

a friendly reminder to disable BLT and mods during this, the Season of Constant Updates. The hook, and thus all mods using it, are going to break until they get updated, which will likely not be until after crimefest.

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Discendo Vox posted:

a friendly reminder to disable BLT and mods during this, the Season of Constant Updates. The hook, and thus all mods using it, are going to break until they get updated, which will likely not be until after crimefest.

I thought that all the BLT mods were broken since around the Raid update?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

ThatOneGuy posted:

I thought that all the BLT mods were broken since around the Raid update?

There was an overarching update, luajit or whatever, that fixed everything with a nice shiny interface for mods that lets you check their update status. The warning above is the generic one; while I don't have inside info that some overarching change will break the hook, it's much more likely during crimefest- and Wilko's usually too busy putting out fires and generally ruining our gameplay experience to update it until things calm down.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 18, 2017

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:frogsiren: Locke is a smelly fish. :frogsiren:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
edit: ^^NEVER MIND^^

Crimefest 2017 should be starting today. No word on any Crimefest 2017 site yet.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Day 1 in a nutshell:

Four new pixel masks
Improvements to discord integration
Changes to crimenet UI.
The big one, "storylines" -sequential side jobs that flesh out the payday 2 lore.

The following smaller changes were also made:
On Normal, reduced the damage for enemy units that are using the following weapons:
  • Compact-5
  • M308
  • Jackal
  • Bronco
  • Mac10
On Normal, increased the damage for the enemy units that are using the following weapons:
  • Reinfield 880
  • M4
Other changes:
  • Reduced the damage of melee attacks for enemy units on Normal and Hard difficulty
  • Tweaked movement speed for the shield units
  • Updated animation run speeds for the shield units
  • Fixed an issue with the third person animations for equipping akimbo weapons
  • Fixed an issue that caused team-AI not having a cooldown or their Inspire ability
  • Fixed an issue with the Healer ability for team-AI
  • Fixed and issue with Crime Spree achievements not getting awarded
  • Fixed and issue where the Enter the Gungeon masks required the game to restart to be awarded
  • Fixed an issue with the flip up sight on the Arbiter that caused it to be visible through walls
  • Fixed an issue with the Safehouse Sidejob screen when using a controller
  • Removed a VO event that was played twice on the Aftershock heist

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Oct 19, 2017

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

You should specify those enemy changes are only on normal difficulty.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Hello, clown goons.

As someone that's new to the site, having read about 80 pages of this thread, skimming ahead from time to time, and being driven to reinstall PD2 for the first time in...hell, I'm fairly sure it was before 1 down and mayhem came out, and just before halloween, the Biker missions had just come out, so probably 2015? I had a question for you.

I suffer from an old throat injury that makes it really painful to speak, and when I can, it's little more than a barely discernible whisper. As such, I don't tend to use a mic while gaming. I still listen to what others say via mic and use in-game text as much as I can to attempt to communicate in co-op games, obviously, but I recognize that it is, clearly sub-par...still, it's all I can really do.

Would any of you still be interested in, possibly, playing with me at some point, or is that a bridge too far? I do recognize and acknowledge the whole 'no mic, no play' concept, as communication is vital, so if you were to actually respond to this and say "no", I'd understand.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
there's lots of people who don't speak while playing this video game. simply having someone who listens is a huge boon. you will be welcome, friend :)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
YES.
STORYLINES IS EVERYTHING I WANTED FROM CRIME SPREE. And it's bettter!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Would any of you still be interested in, possibly, playing with me at some point, or is that a bridge too far? I do recognize and acknowledge the whole 'no mic, no play' concept, as communication is vital, so if you were to actually respond to this and say "no", I'd understand.

Can you click cops?

If yes, we're cool.

If not, we're still cool as long as you bring ammo bags.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

One more thing for day 1 (and presumably the rest of the event) - there will be riddles, which is probably part of the off-day content they mention.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/856107339827652719/001BCE0C3C06EE03AAC7E266633DFCDBE06B184A/

First riddle is tomorrow and it's an in-game sidejob, presumably doing some gimmick to unlock additional in game content. Shamelessly stolen from Heca in Discord.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

My Expert Riddletake is that the first one may involve the parachuting segment in Birth of Sky.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Hello, clown goons.

As someone that's new to the site, having read about 80 pages of this thread, skimming ahead from time to time, and being driven to reinstall PD2 for the first time in...hell, I'm fairly sure it was before 1 down and mayhem came out, and just before halloween, the Biker missions had just come out, so probably 2015? I had a question for you.

I suffer from an old throat injury that makes it really painful to speak, and when I can, it's little more than a barely discernible whisper. As such, I don't tend to use a mic while gaming. I still listen to what others say via mic and use in-game text as much as I can to attempt to communicate in co-op games, obviously, but I recognize that it is, clearly sub-par...still, it's all I can really do.

Please, do join us in the discord, we'd be happy to have you. We have a number of goons who don't speak for various reasons, it's no problem at all! :)

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

My Expert Riddletake is that the first one may involve the parachuting segment in Birth of Sky.

This was my thought as well. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the riddles were based on Locke heists, given he's the theme of the event. 1 for BoS, 1 for Mountain, and the rest for whatever is released on Days 5 and 9 .

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Hello, clown goons.

Get on the discord and join in. If you listen in and can occasionally type in the ingame chat you'll be fine. I personally have not played in a while but every goon that I have played with has always been chill about people unable or unwilling to speak, as long as they are listening in on the people who do speak.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I love how this is taking a giant loving poo poo on lore by making it so all of Vlad's jobs happen before hector ever showed up. We'll probably do all the christmas heists before goat and goat before firestarter, if Hector hasn't been absolutely written out of Payday completely.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Well your first hint should've been when they made Shadow Raid happen before 99% of the launch heists so....

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Thank you! I'm going to do a few pub games to shake out the cobwebs (and because I'm a masochist, I guess) first, just so I can see just how much my skills have deteriorated/get a feel for the current patch balances.

Hope you all have a good evening in the meantime.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yeah a bunch of Goons don't actually talk and it's fine.

I'll also try to keep the OP updated with stuff but I'm going to be doing 12 hour shifts because cooking in a Big Ten town this time of year kinda loving blows so some days may be slow with it.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there a best time to play with goons? Or should I just ask in LFG whenever?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mr E posted:

Is there a best time to play with goons? Or should I just ask in LFG whenever?

Ask in LFG whenever. A number of us are east coast US, but there's folks across the world here to cause team wipes alongside you.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Shooting Blanks posted:

One more thing for day 1 (and presumably the rest of the event) - there will be riddles, which is probably part of the off-day content they mention.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/856107339827652719/001BCE0C3C06EE03AAC7E266633DFCDBE06B184A/

First riddle is tomorrow and it's an in-game sidejob, presumably doing some gimmick to unlock additional in game content. Shamelessly stolen from Heca in Discord.

Birth of Sky also has rings (hoops :v:) that you can collect for an achievement.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Oh man, I know I'm really late on this, but I can choose my AI teammates (original heisting crew, yesss) and give them my own personally modded weapons? Dallas with an Brenner, Hoxton with a 308, and Wolf with an AK, all of them as useful as an actual person's weapons would be?

I can just stand there and watch them gun down an entire wave (not on the highest difficulties, obviously) on their own, in the middle of the street. It's awesome.

I'm one of those weirdos that occasionally plays offline (and with the new place I moved to having bad wiring and a situation that necessitates my using wireless on my desktop for the first time, some of these loading times/lagspikes have gotten a bit silly), this is...fun.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Thank you! I'm going to do a few pub games to shake out the cobwebs (and because I'm a masochist, I guess) first, just so I can see just how much my skills have deteriorated/get a feel for the current patch balances.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. I'd been playing RAID: World War II so much before Crimefest I'd forgotten how much faster detection is in Payday 2.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Oh man, I know I'm really late on this, but I can choose my AI teammates (original heisting crew, yesss) and give them my own personally modded weapons? Dallas with an Brenner, Hoxton with a 308, and Wolf with an AK, all of them as useful as an actual person's weapons would be?
AI have their own weapon stats; you can mod their weapons but only for the look of them.

The format is "Damage | Headshots/minute Bodyshots/minute (Overall damage per second)". Like with enemies, it varies by range. Hence the many columns for it. If it's missing a column, look ahead.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Slap on some shottys on your AI partners and let them clean house.

swims
May 5, 2014

UnknownMercenary posted:

Well your first hint should've been when they made Shadow Raid happen before 99% of the launch heists so....

Is there now a cannon order of the jobs?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

swims posted:

Yeah, it’s Rats followed by Rats followed by Rats followed by…

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

swims posted:

The FBI files already had one. Story Line doesn't quite reflect that fact.

watho posted:

Yeah, it’s Rats followed by Rats followed by Rats followed by…
That got retconned a long time ago. It's all about securing Payday's microtransaction model and having Hoxton release Hoxton from prison now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

maswastaken posted:

AI have their own weapon stats; you can mod their weapons but only for the look of them.

The format is "Damage | Headshots/minute Bodyshots/minute (Overall damage per second)". Like with enemies, it varies by range. Hence the many columns for it. If it's missing a column, look ahead.

Oh. Well, that's ok, given that modding the Brenner, m308, and AK-47 don't exactly have huge damage boosting mods available (given that the dumb ak/car pack refuses to give me 3/4 of the stuff I bought it for, because of achievement-locking (behind dumb achievements I didn't feel like grinding (though I did try to do the art museum in ICTV one solo about a hundred times out of sheer bloodimindedness before giving up (getting to within 1 second of success about 20 times))). It's still wonderful compared to the old 'everyone has amcars' thing. And having one of them actually able to pierce shields goes a long way (in making them slightly less useless-feeling, since I can kill shields at a rate of about one per two seconds as is).

Honestly, I just like being able to pick specific heisters and give them specific masks more than anything. It's the little things, quality of "life" stuff.

e: Also, 7.6gb update jfc

Aoi fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 20, 2017