Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
An addendum to my request for media people to stop loving kids: Also stop raping people please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

http://www.haveyouseen.us/2017/10/15/episode-027-tarantino-ripoffs-with-matt-christman/

this was probably lost among all the sexual assault talk and cosby memorial photos but here is fairly stoned Matt talking about Tarantino imitators

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

fatherboxx posted:

http://www.haveyouseen.us/2017/10/15/episode-027-tarantino-ripoffs-with-matt-christman/

this was probably lost among all the sexual assault talk and cosby memorial photos but here is fairly stoned Matt talking about Tarantino imitators

He did an earlier episode on the same subject where he talked about pieces of poo poo like mad dog time

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

lol I knew they were going to start with Killing Zoe.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonas Albrecht posted:

lol I knew they were going to start with Killing Zoe.

I liked that movie. That's the one in Paris, right?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

prefect posted:

I liked that movie. That's the one in Paris, right?

Yurp.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

The Ihaven'tSeen was great, but it was cruel to tease me personally with only a partial review of Nothing But Trouble.

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

finally chapo got it's nick robinson but way worse

Apparently Kris was a LF guy or something so yeah, not a great batting average for goons getting famous and turning out to be creep assholes. You better not gently caress up, Bro_Pair!!!

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

KoldPT posted:

being volcel is the only choice for leftists.

:hai:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is "whips scrote" real or is Matt trying to make fetch happen?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Is "whips scrote" real or is Matt trying to make fetch happen?

Lefty twitter has been using whips rear end instead of kicks rear end for a while now so it makes sense to up the game to scrote

I hate that I’m online enough to recognize this linguistic phenomenon

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Lefty twitter has been using whips rear end instead of kicks rear end for a while now so it makes sense to up the game to scrote

I hate that I’m online enough to recognize this linguistic phenomenon

Never log off, comrade.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

KoldPT posted:

On the other hand, this proves why being volcel is the only choice for leftists.
If Chapo Volcel is coming back, I want to know when Dave Sim's issue-length essays are going on the reading list.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

fatherboxx posted:

It's the season of guest Matt appearances: http://arsenalfordemocracy.com/2017/10/17/extended-arsenal-for-democracy-200th-episode-oct-17-2017-matt-christman/

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

An addendum to my request for media people to stop loving kids: Also stop raping people please

men really oughta stop with their whole thing, you know, the stuff they do, the whole man stuff, it's exhausting

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

How the gently caress do you say it was beneath you when you did it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mugsbaloney posted:

How the gently caress do you say it was beneath you when you did it

I've done things that are beneath me and that I'm not proud of. :shrug:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I have seen the light:

Sam Kriss sucks, and was always bad. Namaste.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

prefect posted:

I've done things that are beneath me and that I'm not proud of. :shrug:

But it wasn't so far beneath you to prevent you from doing it! Why do I care about this hypothetical better you that failed to manifest when it mattered? Strikes me as a particularly bad time to implicitly request people to make charitable assumptions about your *~true self~*. In fact if you couple that with the idea that previously having hosed is in any way a relevant factor, the apology itself requires another apology. Goddamn, I really liked his writing too...

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mugsbaloney posted:

But it wasn't so far beneath you to prevent you from doing it! Why do I care about this hypothetical better you that failed to manifest when it mattered? Strikes me as a particularly bad time to implicitly request people to make charitable assumptions about your *~true self~*. In fact if you couple that with the idea that previously having hosed is in any way a relevant factor, the apology itself requires another apology. Goddamn, I really liked his writing too...

The inclination is loving stupid to retroactively dislike a person and swear off reading their output in the future because of something terrible they did to someone with whom they had a relationship.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

I didn't say anything about not reading his output in future or reappraising the quality of it? I'm disappointed that somebody whose work I enjoyed and respected turned out to be a oval office. If this still strikes you as stupid I have a song for you https://youtu.be/ZnZdz7YU0TA

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mugsbaloney posted:

I didn't say anything about not reading his output in future or reappraising the quality of it? I'm disappointed that somebody whose work I enjoyed and respected turned out to be a oval office. If this still strikes you as stupid I have a song for you https://youtu.be/ZnZdz7YU0TA

Ah, I understand. I guess I assumed you meant you weren't going to read him anymore since he's an rear end in a top hat. Sorry.

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Also "retroactively disliking" someone based on the way they treat people is pretty reasonable, what's your gripe?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

*gets caught sexually harassing someone* oh so what, you're just gonna retroactively dislike me now?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
If only it had been more widely spoken that he was deadken

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

Huzanko posted:

Ah, I understand. I guess I assumed you meant you weren't going to read him anymore since he's an rear end in a top hat. Sorry.

Hey no worries man. I hope you liked the song anyways 😉

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The LA DSA dude had the correct response even if it seemed overkill at the time.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mugsbaloney posted:

Hey no worries man. I hope you liked the song anyways 😉

Was a good ref to the Chapo ep where they play Sagal's horrible music. Had a laugh.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mugsbaloney posted:

Also "retroactively disliking" someone based on the way they treat people is pretty reasonable, what's your gripe?

Nothing. I guess I should've said "retroactively disliking their work."

GrimOneM
Jan 6, 2015

Should intermittent vengeance arm again his red right hand to plague us?

Trabisnikof posted:

The LA DSA dude had the correct response even if it seemed overkill at the time.

:agreed:

It might have been overkill for the average person but he's (was?)in a leadership position of a political group that needs to be open to women so showing genuine remorse is a good idea. Like it was cool that Felix donated his monthly patron earnings to a women's charity after his Nick Mullen rape joke but he's just a podcast dude in the end compared to someone who holds a leadership position voluntarily signing up for sensitivity training to not be so insensitive in the future is ultimately the right choice.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Plus the LA chapter apparently had issues with harassment already, with certain chapter members attacking anybody who came forward with allegations. Adrovsky's behavior was part of a larger cultural problem, so even though it wasn't that bad on its own, it's good that he took steps to address it.

pospysyl fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 18, 2017

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Imagining a world where Your Kickstarter Sucks becomes the premier leftist podcast. New Yorker writing articles about Jesse Farrar. Peter Daou getting pissed that Kamala Harris is on the dookie list.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Yeah, the Cosby star thing is a really good example of something that isn't too big of a deal alone, but with all the context factored in is pretty bad

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Is there a new bad tweet everyone is mad at today? I keep seeing allusions to one but no details

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is there a new bad tweet everyone is mad at today? I keep seeing allusions to one but no details

-Matt and Will support Bill Cosby
-Matt sexualizes the girl from the insurance commercials
-Sam Kriss is a gross rapey rear end in a top hat
-David Cross is racist
-Nick Mullen reiterates that the DSA is for serious bodybuilders only

I think that's it

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

-David Cross is racist

I think that's it

Ok I'm up to date on all those except Nick Mullen but also Nick Mullen is problematic at all times

GrimOneM
Jan 6, 2015

Should intermittent vengeance arm again his red right hand to plague us?

Guy Goodbody posted:

-David Cross is racist

I think that's it

Can't wait for next weeks batch of problematic tweets.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Saagonsa posted:

Yeah, the Cosby star thing is a really good example of something that isn't too big of a deal alone, but with all the context factored in is pretty bad

No matter what the context is, why would three public figures all think it's a good idea to take a picture that will live on forever where they're giving the thumbs up with a big wide grin next to a plaque honoring a notorious serial rapist. What's the upside of having that out there? Two seconds of thought should tell you "nah, not worth it."

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Human Tornada posted:

No matter what the context is, why would three public figures all think it's a good idea to take a picture that will live on forever where they're giving the thumbs up with a big wide grin next to a plaque honoring a notorious serial rapist. What's the upside of having that out there? Two seconds of thought should tell you "nah, not worth it."

lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Guy Goodbody posted:

How could you not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Human Tornada posted:

Yeah, in reality the tweet didn't need anything other than the picture of the star. The 3 guys posing may have worked for comedic effect if one of them wasn't in an actual important position in an important part of the current leftist movement, and if it was done at literally any time other than when a lot of people were sharing stories of abuse and sexual assault on twitter.