Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Randomzx posted:

Artoria Alter have worse skills, Instinct is lower, Charisma is at the lowest rank, Magic Resistance is lower, and have no passive Riding skill.
Excalibur Morgan have higher damage multiplier, but have worse secondary effect.

But in terms of corresponding rank at the time, Artoria was near the top at the time (seems to be around November 2015)

Who is Front of the Algae? I can't even begin to guess at that botched translation. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Who is Front of the Algae? I can't even begin to guess at that botched translation. :v:

Tamamo no Mae

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I thought she was Before the Tamago?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I thought she was Before the Tamago?

different machine translation algorithm

"Mae" means before or in front

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Tarezax posted:

Tamamo no Mae

When was London in JP? Considering she gets a buff to Fox Wedding after clearing London

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

XainZero posted:

From my further failed attempts to get Tamamo I have acquired Berserker Lancelot. Would a team of him, Atlantae, and Waver work as well as I think it would?
I run Lancelot with Mata Hari and Waver for a NP spam. Waver pumps out the NP gain then debuffs/stuns the enemy, Mata Hari debuffs the ever-living piss out of the enemy team some more, and Lancelot just rolls face.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Just to make sure, you need 5 copies total of a CE to fully limit break it?

edit: Yeesh, FGO was top 5-10 in grossing for apps. Power of cat girl I guess.

Tae fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 19, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

Yes. The event store has exactly the number you need to break them to max.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

Note: This does NOT increase the number of currency drops. It just increases the normal battle effects like any other CE.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Randomzx posted:

Artoria Alter have worse skills, Instinct is lower, Charisma is at the lowest rank, Magic Resistance is lower, and have no passive Riding skill.
Excalibur Morgan have higher damage multiplier, but have worse secondary effect.

But in terms of corresponding rank at the time, Artoria was near the top at the time (seems to be around November 2015)

Thats JP though, I'm pretty sure max level servants were far more rare, which helps Artoria and Jeanne, since they get a giant sack of stats early. Waver didn't have his buffs and AoE NPs were the way to go since there were no actually hard boss fights.

Also I'm pretty sure these 5* rankings were always poo poo anyway.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Note: This does NOT increase the number of currency drops. It just increases the normal battle effects like any other CE.
Uh. Wrong. Max Limit Breaking it does increase the number of currency drops.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Last I read, it doesn't. It's bugged or something that's fixed for next year's version.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Tae posted:

Last I read, it doesn't. It's bugged or something that's fixed for next year's version.
I think they bump up at full max break, but not before.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I farmed the 30 AP free quest and didn't get a Halloween Princess, but then Emiya randomly drops one in one of the party quests, so hey I can finally move on to 40 AP.

Also Vlad/Tamamo/Waver is just as ridiculous as I expected. Fox girl best girl. :kimchi:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Endorph posted:

Uh. Wrong. Max Limit Breaking it does increase the number of currency drops.
I've had a maxed out Halloween Arrangement since the beginning and it drops exactly the same amount (1 bat) as a non-LBed one. From what I read the increases in drops is from Halloween re-runs.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I have like 2 copies of all the non-Halloween Devil CE. What should my 5 slots be filled with?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

I've had a maxed out Halloween Arrangement since the beginning and it drops exactly the same amount (1 bat) as a non-LBed one. From what I read the increases in drops is from Halloween re-runs.

At some point it will start being true for all events, but I'm not sure when. Definitely by Saber Wars because that event's CEs list an MLB effect on the wiki even though it has never been rerun.

cyxx
Oct 1, 2005

Byon!

Tae posted:

It's pretty great. During non events fgo falls out of top 200 (on iOS AppStore). And the first few days of a new event we shoot into the top 10 and slowly slide down out of the top 200 over the course of a week or two

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Tae posted:

I have like 2 copies of all the non-Halloween Devil CE. What should my 5 slots be filled with?
I've been doing this so far:

40AP Free Quest: As many Petite Devils (boosts Pumpkins) as possible, and the best one of each other type. So every currency gets a boost, but ideally pumpkins get the most.
30AP Guerilla: Same as 40AP Free Quest.
20AP Party Quests: ONLY bat-boosting CEs

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tae posted:

Alls i know is since Atalanta dropped along with Caster Cat i can now run an all catgirl murder squad if i wanted

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Wuxi posted:

Thats JP though, I'm pretty sure max level servants were far more rare, which helps Artoria and Jeanne, since they get a giant sack of stats early. Waver didn't have his buffs and AoE NPs were the way to go since there were no actually hard boss fights.

Also I'm pretty sure these 5* rankings were always poo poo anyway.

The image already implied it was JP.

Artoria have a Linear growth curve, which means she doesn't have the advantage in Early stats compared to Reverse S curve and S curve.
If early stats was the thing that mattered, the S curve would be more relevant since you would already got the stat you need by the 3rd ascension

And Jeanne have reverse S growth which means like a huge chunk of her stats were behind the last ascension, and she doesn't have good attack score even then

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

jesus pumpkin grinding is bullshit. Who thought having one enemy drop 1 pumpkin on a gold drop only was a good idea for the 40 AP mission?

EDIT: oh right, it's actually 3. It'd had been so long since I'd had a pumpkin even drop I'd forgotten

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Oct 19, 2017

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Doesn't it drop 3?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I've just been burning apples as they come and managed to snag a CE, the pumpkin liz copy, and the lore already.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
My NP3 3rd Ascended Artoria is easily the MVP of this event for me, by the way. I may not like her and I may still wish I had gotten a different Servant, but she is cleaning house on and at all stages of this event.

Honestly, thanks to her and the occasional double Waver whenever I find one of my support list with a petit devil, the 40AP quest is easier for me than the 30, because the 30 has those Wyverns, and while I do have two Assassins for them, their damage output is too low without damage boosting CE's.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

complaining has got me more pumpkins in the last 2 runs than the rest of today combined

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I managed to buy out all the Elizas but the Cupcakes one, yay. After I buy the Lore I might go down to 30 AP quest and try getting a Lewd Iri before going back to the 40 AP quest.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Gologle posted:

My NP3 3rd Ascended Artoria is easily the MVP of this event for me, by the way. I may not like her and I may still wish I had gotten a different Servant, but she is cleaning house on and at all stages of this event.

Honestly, thanks to her and the occasional double Waver whenever I find one of my support list with a petit devil, the 40AP quest is easier for me than the 30, because the 30 has those Wyverns, and while I do have two Assassins for them, their damage output is too low without damage boosting CE's.

I'm doing the 30AP with Salter, Caesar and support Waver, Excalibur Morgan oneshots the wyverns and takes Vlad down to around 25%.

That's buffed by Caesar's attack and NP strength buffs, her own buster buff, mystic code attack buff, and Waver's NP lowering enemy defence. But on the other hand, she's only at NP1 and second ascension, so I'd be surprised if your Artoria couldn't do it as easily with a similar setup.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Hate-Senpai posted:

I managed to buy out all the Elizas but the Cupcakes one, yay. After I buy the Lore I might go down to 30 AP quest and try getting a Lewd Iri before going back to the 40 AP quest.

If you've got a good method for getting pumpkins remember that they sell for 50 cupcakes each, which is probably a lot less painful than farming up 500 cupcakes normally.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

NRVNQSR posted:

If you've got a good method for getting pumpkins remember that they sell for 50 cupcakes each, which is probably a lot less painful than farming up 500 cupcakes normally.

My failed attempt at Tamamo net me like 3 or 4 Lil Devils.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
No wonder this game was sucky, this event suck balls

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I kinda wonder if the pumpkin grind is poo poo because the limited time guerrilla quests were meant to be repeatable during their time blocks.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tired Moritz posted:

No wonder this game was sucky, this event suck balls

I like it, if only because Halloween is extremely my poo poo.

I mean, the droprates for event items are horrible, and we all know the Gacha is a cruel joke designed to trick us into poverty, but, I do like Halloween stuff.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If it's any consolation, doing all the Guerilla quests should get you enough guaranteed Pumpkin drops for the limited stuff (Caster Eliz + Lore).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wish I could level up more often in JP, I really need Embers but the AP:EXP ratio isn't enough anymore.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I liked the story of the event, but I find having these multiple currencies somewhat confusing. Couldn't there have just been one thing to grind up?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bad news about that, all events have at least three currencies from now on

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
this event will let me fully ascend kiyohime, which i feel she deserves for laying sick burns on dracu-dumb and being a good wife

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clawtopsy posted:

this event will let me fully ascend kiyohime, which i feel she deserves for laying sick burns on dracu-dumb and being a good wife

Dragons are good at burning things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
In other notes, do the numbers in the sky/stars above the castle mean anything?