Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Low Desert Punk posted:

Why are college towns always the most racist

college towns are full of young white boys who, for the first time in their lives, don't have to worry about dad beating their rear end for dropping the n-word or talking about sideways vaginas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Al! posted:

i do like that a lot of "leftist" academics, journalists and bloggers outed themselves as liberals this year w/r/t the nazi punching question

Are you aware it's possible to be a leftist liberal

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Low Desert Punk posted:

Why are college towns always the most racist

i wouldn't say they're the most racist, but the racists go to them to do their nazi rallies, because colleges are where all the evil lieberal SJWs are

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

economic pressures and cultural divides tend to press town/gown tensions in ways that radicalize working-class communities against the bourgeois excesses of suburban kids taking a four-year vacation to hedonism camp.

Colleges are rich and cater to rich kids and pay no taxes and drive gentrification and also are cultural centers that are generally culturally left of the towns they’re in, so it’s easy to conflate hatred of the college itself with the things the college represents.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

cracked chimed in that punching nazis was bad then the head editor left and now punching nazis is good

They fired David Wong? I wouldn't be surpassed he was against punching Nazis since he did an article once where he said Alec Baldwin uin Glenn Garry Glenn Ross was in the right

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

business hammocks posted:

economic pressures and cultural divides tend to press town/gown tensions in ways that radicalize working-class communities against the bourgeois excesses of suburban kids taking a four-year vacation to hedonism camp.

Colleges are rich and cater to rich kids and pay no taxes and drive gentrification and also are cultural centers that are generally culturally left of the towns they’re in, so it’s easy to conflate hatred of the college itself with the things the college represents.

counterpoint: gently caress the gators

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

hahahahahaha

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/14TheFireRises/status/920794802677059584
He's the one without a helmet in the profile banner.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

KomradeX posted:

They fired David Wong? I wouldn't be surpassed he was against punching Nazis since he did an article once where he said Alec Baldwin uin Glenn Garry Glenn Ross was in the right

no the editor in chief jack o'brien retired to do family stuff

but yeah david wong (who used to post here) had a p lol thing right before the election where he predicted a trumpwin based on rural america

his new book is great btw

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It also turns frogs gay. So he can have sex with them.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

business hammocks posted:

You’re right, more people need to watch Breaking Away

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

counterpoint: gently caress the gators

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

no the editor in chief jack o'brien retired to do family stuff

but yeah david wong (who used to post here) had a p lol thing right before the election where he predicted a trumpwin based on rural america

his new book is great btw

Oh yikes.

David might be wrong about the morality of a David Mamet story but boy was he better at analysing problems than all the idiots Abuela trusted.

I need to go pick it up I loved John Dies at the End and This Book Is Full of Spiders

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Imagine taking orders from a child and considering yourself an alpha male

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/mmalloyboy/status/920818221250330625

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Colleges are one of the last few places where there's any left presence at all, even if its powerless ivory tower academics, unable to change anything, because they're so disconnected from the world (which naturally depends on what department you're in). Which is why they feature so prominently in right wing media. Naturally that trickles down to nazis.

Which is why its so ironic that they get blamed for the lovely society we have. The right has had all their little lovely free market trash enforced on society for the past 20 years, and this is what we got. But they can't ever take responsibility for that, so somehow McNobody of Bumfuck University is pulling the strings of a grand conspiracy.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ruzihm posted:

got into a spat with a liberal that said that violent resistance/threats of violence will only serve to help the organization of nazis, and that only nonviolent activity is acceptable, and he mentioned people firing KKK members as an example. He did not like it when I pointed out that firing someone is threatening to inflict violence if they try to work there again. :shepface:

"when has violence stopped a political movement it was inflicted against?" :psyduck:

lol @ the idea that getting someone fired from their job is better for them, personally, than punching them in the face.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
briefing a room of people on local nazi activity tomorrow night!

if any nazis show up i bite them

i had a lot of dental work done this year and these chompers are ready for a workout

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i had a lot of dental work done this year and these chompers are ready for a workout

good speed nazi hunting fast food clown

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rudatron posted:

Colleges are one of the last few places where there's any left presence at all, even if its powerless ivory tower academics, unable to change anything, because they're so disconnected from the world (which naturally depends on what department you're in). Which is why they feature so prominently in right wing media. Naturally that trickles down to nazis.

Which is why its so ironic that they get blamed for the lovely society we have. The right has had all their little lovely free market trash enforced on society for the past 20 years, and this is what we got. But they can't ever take responsibility for that, so somehow McNobody of Bumfuck University is pulling the strings of a grand conspiracy.

It's because colleges are indoctrination mills that convince their beautiful aryan goddesses to stop wearing makeup and date black guys.

To which I say: good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

goonspeed, BrutalistMcDonalds :gerty:

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Doesn't happen to be anybody in this thread from UCF driving over to Gainesville tomorrow, is there? I wanna go yell at Nazis but my ride fell through.

RatEarth
Aug 7, 2017

I didn't say that.
but it'd be funny if I did

Maybe nuclear war isn't such a bad option after all.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Molyneux being a genuine cult leader answers most of my questions about him. Isn't he an an-cap? Just a matter of time until he leads a flock of followers to some island and everybody eats each other.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Molyneux being a genuine cult leader answers most of my questions about him. Isn't he an an-cap? Just a matter of time until he leads a flock of followers to some island and everybody eats each other.

afaik, Molyneux considers himself to be a classical liberal/civic nationalist.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

He'll lead them all to an island and then defoo them, which is in line with their beliefs and right to do.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Biting Nazis is satisfying.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

this means libertarian borderline-nazi btw

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

the bitcoin of weed posted:

this means libertarian borderline-nazi btw

Yep, bit more nazi and less feudalist than an ancap

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
cLaSsIcAl LiBeRaL

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
*extremely not an argument voice* not an argument

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Qu Appelle posted:

Biting Nazis is satisfying.

I don't know, I'm not sure I'd put Nazis in my mouth. You don't know where they've been.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Ruzihm posted:

there are only two types of people in the world

those that have no problem punching nazis

and nazis

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Gringostar posted:

there are only two types of people in the world

those that have no problem punching nazis

and nazis

:hai:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Burn college administrations to the ground.

https://twitter.com/deadhead1991/status/920859148228681729

Pretty sure that's an Atomwaffen Division / Iron March poster. The one that has a zine called "Rope Culture."

(It is.)

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 06:36 on Oct 19, 2017

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Burn college administrations to the ground.

https://twitter.com/deadhead1991/status/920859148228681729

Pretty sure that's an Atomwaffen Division / Iron March poster. The one that has a zine called "Rope Culture."

(It is.)

how bad is that campus that ppl dont just tear them down in seconds

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

https://twitter.com/honorcamper/status/920820776433004544

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Al! posted:

it's a foldie with a relatively innocuous cover (unless you're up to date on fash dogwhistles/icons)

https://twitter.com/SoSayWeAll777/status/920074970985910272

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Al! posted:

Yeah I don't see why people are going to admins over this. It's the easiest direct action ever.