Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hope they play WACO (Westbrook, Adams, Carmelo, OKC) in the Finals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Huh I thought it was because they thought there were 0 basketball players worth adding to a rebuilding roster with the 37th pick in the draft

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Dejounte Murray is real cool.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

WhyteRyce posted:

DO NOT START CALLING OKC AFTER THAT lovely RAPIST TEXAS TOWN

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Jota posted:

just because he's about to kill a bunch of black dudes this year doesn't mean he's a cop

yo this is great

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Metapod posted:

DO NOT START CALLING OKC AFTER THAT lovely RAPIST TEXAS TOWN

Yes it's even worse :twisted:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/aki_hunny/status/916307006486654976

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

xbilkis posted:

Huh I thought it was because they thought there were 0 basketball players worth adding to a rebuilding roster with the 37th pick in the draft

OTOH Jordan Bell is awful

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I think it's time we admit that Asian bodies just aren't built for the NBA

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Asian bodies are quite honestly my favorite

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Also PC gamers don't seem to be cut out for the NBA either

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jota posted:

just because he's about to kill a bunch of black dudes this year doesn't mean he's a cop

lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Oh god something is going to happen to De'Aaron Fox.

Oh wait...he live streams Need For Speed. Yeah I'm going to continue to question that man's tastes

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
KAT was streaming PUBG a week ago, oh god, our season's over :cry:

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

KATs a streamer tho

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'm glad I didn't gamble on any early season games because I'm surprised by a ton of the early results. Also a lot of the young guys across the league look real legit. This is gonna be a fun season.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

no

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

WhyteRyce posted:

That town from the house remodeling show Fixer Upper?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/StephNoh/status/921037663314087936

This is how you get fans in a major market fired up for a rebuild

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I found D'Russell pass that's not in the highlights from last night's Pacers-Nets game:
4th quarter
8:09 Thaddeus Young blocks Rondae Hollis-Jefferson's layup 106 - 119
at http://nbahd.net/YFwQrCq8C9dt/ and fast-forwarding 2 minutes in

I love it, even if he couldn't finish it. The Nets were pushing like that all night, wouldn't let the Pacers lay back at all. It looked great and Lin going out really really sucks. We might not make the playoffs now :[

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Dcorrigan50/status/920799289747521536

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

EvanTH posted:

I found D'Russell pass that's not in the highlights from last night's Pacers-Nets game:
4th quarter
8:09 Thaddeus Young blocks Rondae Hollis-Jefferson's layup 106 - 119
at http://nbahd.net/YFwQrCq8C9dt/ and fast-forwarding 2 minutes in

I love it, even if he couldn't finish it. The Nets were pushing like that all night, wouldn't let the Pacers lay back at all. It looked great and Lin going out really really sucks. We might not make the playoffs now :[

Now that Lin is out, Russell is about to go Kobe shot chart on every Nets game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Spurs in San Antonio. Even without Kawhi they have made good teams look rough for decades. There were bad things, but there was a lot of good too. Don't get too depressed too quickly.

I'm just short term "man it sucked to get dismantled like that" depressed not long term "welp the season is over" depressed.

Looking forward to seeing Ricky on Friday even though I probably won't be able to watch much of the game :shobon:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
If he gets even half the reception that Tony Allen did, I'd be happy. Hope he'll be able to hear me clapping for him from my garage :ohdear:

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Now every coach is going to insist on his players Gait Matching.

Views: In a favorable matchup, the Pistons' white stretch fours performed really well as centers and created lots of space for drivers and cutters. Stanley Johnson thinks he's a combination of young Kobe and Lebron and it's not working at all on offense. He plays hard on defense and is getting better at focusing his effort toward the correct concern.

Andre Drummond missed tons of time due to foul trouble that came from actually trying on defense, and his preseason ft shooting form seemed to remain. All in all a bunch of signs that the Pistons might be alright.
New arena was 50% empty on its inaugural night, it's shocking they didn't give those tickets to schools or something like that to fill the joint. Very ugly on TV

dokmo posted:

Denver's offensive meltdown from last night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrD3cH-y_yw

Utah's defense looks great, Jokic's big big passing looked not great, a lot of fear in the hearts of Denver's offense. Their guards are hot and cold

straight up brolic posted:

Dillon Brooks had an amazing game yesterday. Probably one of the better second round pick debuts ever.
Definitely justifies dumping Supercop

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

The cultural appropriation gods struck him down
It's for all the Asian people resharing how he TOTALLY OWNED KENYON MARTIN
My rear end

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you guys miss the Zach Harper Eye on Basketball podcast, he has the Talk Hoops podcast now and the first couple episodes have (Jumpin) James Herbert. So far so good if you liked his CBS pod.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

zelah posted:

Wrong Lopez
Yes, the Lakers got the expiring 7 footer with chronic foot issues who can't rebound or play defense, not the serviceable defensive center.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 19, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Athanatos posted:

Now that Lin is out, Russell is about to go Kobe shot chart on every Nets game.

?

I thought his shots were mostly high-quality, does he have some bad tendencies or something?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Dejounte Murray is real cool.
Yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNnslXhf-zU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

It's for all the Asian people resharing how he TOTALLY OWNED KENYON MARTIN
My rear end

He did. Martin looked terrible and apologized. It was a public relations Flawless Victory - Friendship.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

EvanTH posted:

He did. Martin looked terrible and apologized. It was a public relations Flawless Victory - Friendship.
Every time you say this a small bone inside of Jeremy Lin begins to disintegrate
Shame on you

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

K. Irving: 39 mins. 7-25 FG.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah, most cultural appropriation complaining is dumb. So long as the person wearing their hair like that isn't out here claiming they are starting fashion and hair trends it's whatever to me.

Feel free to say how loving dumb it looks on him though(It does.).

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
So uh the Cleveland Cavaliers are now a professional basketball team and a professional League of Legends team ?
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/21077529/league-legends-cleveland-cavaliers-accepted-na-lcs-franchising
I wonder if this was intended to be some kinda Gordon Hayward-angled mind game that's since become unnecessary? Or perhaps extra necessary with Gordo's extra time off? Interesting anyways. It says Warriors might also buy in, but unless the NBA reaches some kinda licensing agreement they'll have to use slightly different branding. I imagine they'll keep team colors.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Every time you say this a small bone inside of Jeremy Lin begins to disintegrate
Shame on you

It doesn't even matter what I think about the two dudes or the argument they're having, I'm not gonna call the fight in favor of the guy who tapped out.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can someone post Lakersguy.gif? I need it for tonight, thanks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I can't believe the Yi chair workout isn't real this is ruining my day

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Can someone post Lakersguy.gif? I need it for tonight, thanks.

You don't even have to google for lakers guy, you can just google lakers.gif

I give you permission to use this easily accessible image so long as you bear in mind that he was also there acting the exact same way when they were winning 26, 21, 17 games in a season and it ruled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

YOU HANDLE CAN'T RANDLE

• Locked thread