Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

Warhawk109 posted:

GOG version or steam? GOG works a bit better afaik.

I will have to try the good version. I've tried steam and original CD.

Tippis posted:

*High quality effort post*

It was marvellous, but definitely of a very specific era. :allears:

But that's exactly why it was good. In terms of xwa, the mission development and change of pace made the game actually fun. No go here do x mission complete.

"Here pilot, we're pirating this convoy on behalf of the rebellion, with some pirate dudes to help. Oh poo poo, they're shooting the civilians, mission scrub, new mission kill all your former friends before they kill the civvies."

It was loving great.

The family missions interspersed with the rebellion missions made the game feel so much more alive too. Slower paced, and more explorative of some of the games mechanics.

Morningwoodpecker posted:

Go to the XWA upgrade site, you'll find the fix you need it also fixes things the font being wonky as standard instead of twiddling it yourself.

Now I have to go and buy a new hotas before trying to set it all up again. The top gun fox 2 pro I inherited from my father when he gave up gaming now longer works as it used to, it lists lazily to the right. Suggestions for good hotas that will not break bank?

SpaceCurtisLeMay posted:

I'm running the version from Steam on a Xeon E3-1245v2 just fine.

Lucky bastard!

D_Smart posted:

Right. I didn't pick up on that. You could have messaged me, and I would have just kept my mouth shut and hope he did :toxx:

Derek baby, you just don't understand belt digestion. Also, have never used the messaging side of the forum, have no idea how it works or where to even access it from?

Additionally, MoMA, eat your loving belt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
When crobbler develops a peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Thoatse posted:

Needs a "five years later" in there

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Thoatse posted:

Never been done before! This will redefine AAA sandwich development for years to come

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Star Citizen has done a great job of making me completely lose interest in AAA gaming.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Never been done before! This will redefine AAA sandwich development for years to come

Obviously I don't understand sandwich development.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Foo Diddley posted:

Needs a "five years later" in there

Also needs "two weeks"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Star Citizen has done a great job of making me completely lose interest in AAA gaming.

Good, because AAA gaming is a meaningless term anyways.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Brownhat posted:

I never knew Trump was a goon.

Trump is the goonest of goons. He's basically turned the executive branch into FYAD.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Tsed posted:

In TIE Fighter and later games (I don't think re-supplies existed in X-Wing?), you'd hit shift-B to call a tug to slowboat over to you and re-arm you for free. It took some time for it to arrive, so I remember doing stupid things like calling it well before I needed it, sending it away and repeating the board rearm command so it was ready to go asap.

The X-Wing/TIE hotkeys are permanently etched into my memory. I'm pretty sure by the time I'm riddled with dementia I'll still know how to transfer weapon energy to shields.

If you shot torpedoes during the reloading process, they would continue to get reloaded while you were docked. Easy way to ripple off 50 warheads. I think the heavy rockets were my favorite, just for the ka-CHUNK sound when they fired.

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Cool its 11pm and CIG still cant release their excuses.mp4 again

Warhawk109
Mar 13, 2017

Krycek posted:

Trump is the goonest of goons. He's basically turned the executive branch into FYAD.

This is the best timeline.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Warhawk109 posted:

This is the best timeline.

If only you meant that ironically

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Did anybody already post this? Maybe in a july blog?

https://pastebin.com/Bk52bznN

quote:

Bug Fixes

Players should no longer spawn within the geometry int he EZ Habs at Levski
Jumping repeatedly should no longer force the player into a walk or cause them to not leave the ground
Fixed a memory leak associated with asphyxiation
Fixed some of the issues that caused players to inadvertently take damage to their legs when jumping
Players should no longer throw their medpen like its a grenade

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=142s

solid stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=142s

holy loving poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=421s

What a bunch of clowns

BloodyScab fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 20, 2017

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

trucutru posted:

Did anybody already post this? Maybe in a july blog?

https://pastebin.com/Bk52bznN

Umm, why would you patch out heal grenades? That actually sounds rad.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

"you press shift, you take off... and you crash"

loving l o l

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
this is comin out next week tho

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Nostalgia posting of good start wars games makes me sad.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
Theres only one or two people in these meetings managerial lead meetings whose not a 20 something kid. And thats usually chris and erin.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo

Lead gameplay engineer.

This is the guy who cried on reddit because a coder goon here critiqued a coworkers coding. He agreed 100% it was poo poo but was still upset.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

My favorite part is like 2 minutes into the last video Chris Roberts just disappears from the meeting.

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=1247s

the goddamn doors again lol

Laopooh
Jul 15, 2000

SomethingJones posted:

Page 2500 Vic's Mom Tribute

I kind of had a bit of a hiatus as a teenager from computers, uhm… and uh… in COLLEGE I obsessively played DOOM, with another girlfriend of mine who uhm… she was doing a PHYSICS MAJOR, and we just used to go crazy over that, I mean it just, it just takes up so much of your life 

you know, like… I would say like 6PM til probably 5AM, five days a week

Uhm, ah, it was… it… it… it was in INTERNATIONAL MARKETING… uhm… ah, moving in to… uhm… Australia moving in to the Asian markets. Uhm. At the time… uhh… and vice versa we had a lot of infux of China into Australia at that point… and I think we actually, uhm… *tch*… implemented like… NEW VISAS AND STUFF… I… I… think… ah, uh… I don’t know… I’ve been GONE so long I don’t know what it is now, but uhm… yeah it was basically in INTERNATIONAL MARKETING

Well I’ve known Chris for a long time, I’ve known him since I first, uh… even when I was studying at UCLA, I knew Chris, uhm... and I remember the first time meeting him, on a FILM aspect, I just was like, wow… you are… I mean… his… gaming… I mean he… I’m seeing somebody, I mean I’d a lot… frien… like I said my girlfriend was a major in PHYSICS, they did all sorts of… crazy… FORMULA… and all this sorts of stuff and… CHRIS CODING is like… I mean the guy’s pretty brilliant, it’s quite IMPRESSIVE…

Everybody was like speechless, I was like, oh my god is this not what you do, I was like, so… I had NO IDEA, so then when I sat down and everybody was like “OK that was interesting” , everybody else had done like this POWERPOINT PRESENTATION and like PIE CHAT… PIE CHARTS and… GRAPHS… I was like oh, man…
And then I applied at UCLA, uhm… *tch*… for uh… to do the last part of it cos I was interested in… ENTERTAINMENT , so…

I love everything about that interview. The hosts were just eating it up too. How anyone can reconcile the fact that the person who said this is a VP at a $160 million company is beyond me. Though I suppose the fact that she’s this dumb means there are others equally as thumb, I mean dumb so...Ok makes sense :haw:

BloodyScab
Sep 12, 2017

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=1326s

Like look at this. Why do you have to go to the goddamn CEO or his bro (isn't he in charge of SQ42 not this nonsense?) just to get a """"""release build"""""" put out to evocati (where you cant get through the fuckin airlock), your NDA free labor?

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
She's the best mar-ket-ter
since she was a lil' girl
hash tag actress

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

BloodyScab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo

Lead gameplay engineer.

This is the guy who cried on reddit because a coder goon here critiqued a coworkers coding. He agreed 100% it was poo poo but was still upset.

Wait, a major major issue.. is not being able to use a bar in the UI

I'm pretty sure if I sat down and took a few online courses on how to make a UI, I could figure out HOW TO MAKE A DROP DOWN BAR CLICKABLE

Sorry I went minor Pgabz for a second there

But these people are frustrationally infuritating at their incompetance

And moreso the CEO and supposed wunderkin of coding is sitting there going 'But HOW do I know it's the filter bar?'

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Viscous Soda posted:

His expression kinda reminds me of a dog. Like... one who realizes that it hosed up by shredded a pillow but is hoping that maybe because he did such a good job shredding the pillow his owner will overlook the pillow he just shredded.

video game development works the same way

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The Titanic posted:

I know this may not be popular opinion, but I kind of want a purse made out of this thing. :sparkles:
Painting silk is tricky but not impossible. Pick the colours, get a decent cut of white silk and go to town. Then cut it, finish the edges and have your own octopuss scarf for wrapping around things.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Dropdown menus. Airlocks. Clothes. Exciting week.
Universe simulation ETA TBD :trustme:

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.

lmao

A Neurotic Corncob fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Oct 20, 2017

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Wuxi posted:

Did anyone actually do the Wing Commander challenge?

Besides Ben ofc, who probably does that poo poo for breakfast

Tried and died for my sins.

Heil Satan

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

One of them is either high or crying

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lladre posted:

Yeah the thread moves so fast I didn't even read the part where she wasn't in it yet. (Although I had my suspicions she wouldn't be)

Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Movie has finally found his soulmate...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

One of them is either high or crying

Dat scarf is her black turtleneck

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
So have goons been blamed for Sandi's movie roll being cut?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Do you think they had a crying-drinking session before the shoot?

Is there any reason Erin can't move his left arm at all?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yeah, like her role in the movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

this project is such a god drat farce