Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

That's a whole new fake ship fake manufacturer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPXegmSCj1I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:tif:

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

That's a whole new fake ship fake manufacturer?

I think Consolidated Outlands also make the Mustang.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

radd posted:

I think Consolidated Outlands also make the Mustang.

Their imaginary manufacturer thing is so adorbs. :barf:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
In opposite of Start Citizen Dirt Rally is 80% off right now http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/DiRT_Rally/

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

'Limited quantities' - what?

This tells me that whoever thought of this sale is either:
a) lying through their teeth about the limited quantity and is planning on selling as many orders as they get;
b) totally oblivious/in denial about CIG's cash-flow problems; or
Comedy option c) is fully aware of CIG's finances (and they're totally fine).

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Thoatse posted:

In opposite of Start Citizen Dirt Rally is 80% off right now http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560/DiRT_Rally/

ICEY + Steam Link bundle for like 10bux**: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/

**Shipping not included, only US + selected countries

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
This burndown poo poo is making CIG looking like rear end. Lol.

I don't mind it one bit.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Daztek posted:

ICEY + Steam Link bundle for like 10bux**: http://store.steampowered.com/app/553640/ICEY/

**Shipping not included, only US + selected countries

$7.99 shipping in US; net price of $8.99 for SteamLink.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Thoatse posted:

Ohhh, that's nice. Also saw it in the SimRacing thread. Bought it a couple of days ago due to VR talk, but couldn't get it to work properly within an hour of time. My wheel had basically like a +/- 45° deadzone, and even after steering over that, it felt like my wheel had an 8 bit resolution. Of couse, deadzone in advanced proporties was set to zero, and zero on the wheel itself, but still unable to drive. Refunded it because I had no time to look into it further and also couldn't find a quick fix/people with similar problem online. But at 80%, I guess I'll get it and try if I can fix the problems sometime, because I really wanna play it.

tuo fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Oct 20, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I'm waiting for CIG to end their burn down series with nothing to show for it. Star Citizen : Burned Down.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

BloodyScab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=1326s

Like look at this. Why do you have to go to the goddamn CEO or his bro (isn't he in charge of SQ42 not this nonsense?) just to get a """"""release build"""""" put out to evocati (where you cant get through the fuckin airlock), your NDA free labor?

Lol @ saying Chris is taking public transport and needs to leave or he will miss the train, fucker rented a mclaren and needs to return it to the rental yard.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Limited quantities > alien limited edition > limited edition > LTI > military grade > luxury version > punches above it's weight > cocktail bar

This is a big sale, they don't do limited number sales often, Idris during early live streams, phoenix sale (when they hosed up and put 5000 on sale all at once, Citizens actually had some brief buyers remorse when they didn't sell out), then the 890 Jump with sale tweaked to 4 batch releases to avoid flooding the market with too many at once.

I'd assume they'll do batch releases again as the 890 Jump sale tactics worked really well, they can gently caress this up though, releasing 500 at a time might work, 250 would be even safer, releasing 1000 at a time might be too many. I'd do 100 and be vague about how many batches to drive Citizens into a real sale frenzy, then just keep releasing new batches until the idiots run out of cash.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

stingtwo posted:

Lol @ saying Chris is taking public transport and needs to leave or he will miss the train, fucker rented a mclaren and needs to return it to the rental yard.

He rented a McLaren? Who gave him a good taste in cars?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Hey moma you buying this base building ship? I figure it would fit pretty well into your fleet, you don't want to miss out, remember they are only selling it in limited quantities, so it must be awesome.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Latin Pheonix posted:

'Limited quantities' - what?

This tells me that whoever thought of this sale is either:
a) lying through their teeth about the limited quantity and is planning on selling as many orders as they get;
b) totally oblivious/in denial about CIG's cash-flow problems; or
Comedy option c) is fully aware of CIG's finances (and they're totally fine).

It's A). If they grossly underestimate demand, they'll do a second (and third) release of ships and pretend like it was the plan all along. Whales will defend it because CIG has done staggered releases of limited quantity ships in the past.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Tokamak posted:

It's A). If they grossly underestimate demand, they'll do a second (and third) release of ships and pretend like it was the plan all along. Whales will defend it because CIG has done staggered releases of limited quantity ships in the past.

I really hope for a good laugh when the sales just tank.

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Someone on Reddit pointed out that if it's being sold in limited quantities then you can't use store credit to buy it. Suddenly it all makes a lot more sense.

Reddit's reaction is... mixed...

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Latin Pheonix posted:

Someone on Reddit pointed out that if it's being sold in limited quantities then you can't use store credit to buy it. Suddenly it all makes a lot more sense.

you can't have too many game-changers out there on those servers with 5 other players with you.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

no_recall posted:

I really hope for a good laugh when the sales just tank.

I actually think this is more likely than CIG selling out their initial allocation. But who knows... base building has been a pretty high up on the list of whale dreams.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"Forrest is very green"

:lol:

Abuminable posted:

What I like even more is they charge real money for these fake ships by fake companies

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Latin Pheonix posted:

They started that bullshit tactic about a year ago ? Maybe more

It's so transparent I'm not entirely sure how the backers haven't rioted over it

Like they sell all these options to buy ships without using cash , sort of like layaway

You get people spending money in spurts and saving up for the one perfect ship they want , it's all entirely retarded but I can see it making sense to a brainwashed backer

Then they release a new autism chariot and ooooooo all that money you saved up with us ? Can't use it .... gotta be fresh cash only... haaaaaaaaaa *porsche doing a burn out on the stretched out scrotum of the whales*

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

cool new Polack jokes posted:

"Forrest is very green"

:lol:

What I like even more is they charge real money for these fake ships by fake companies

What if it was a fake game by fake company?

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Codezombie posted:

What if it was a fake game by fake company?

In this case, we're not even sure which fake company of the two dozen fake companies ends up with your real money.

Edit: Found more gag material

Abuminable fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Oct 20, 2017

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

BTW, reading the Evocati patch notes, I have to question if they actually have a decent QA (who am I kidding, of course they don't). IIRC, CIG always proclaimed that the builds go through their internal QA, and then to Evocati to catch bugs which occur when a huge variety of hardware runs the game plus different locations and people. So basically standard procedure.

The bugs listed as patched, however, appear to me as bugs which should have been caught by internal QA, because many of them don't seem like they are related to playstyle, hardware config or network stuff.

So I guess we can assume that their whole "we are working hard to get the build through internal QA so it's Evocati ready" is a lie and it's more like "we are working hard so the build is at a state where our devs can play it for ten minutes or longer after the builds is finished, then we push it to Evocati for the dirty work. Our internal QA is a pink haired girl, though, which we mostly use for PR".

Mind you, that pink haired QA girl actually seems to be one of the few decent person working at CIG.

That's what it sounds like to me when they have those Go/No-Go meetings. Does it crash every few minutes with 4+ people on the same server? No? I guess it's a go, then.

Abuminable posted:

It's really just a rip-off of the whole gun manufacturer thingy Borderlands had back in -09, anyway, except the Borderlands version was more well done and in a real game.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

"How do I know it's the filter bar?"

"Because it says filter."

"Why does it say filter?"

Jesus christ chris roberts is a moron lol

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Blue On Blue posted:

They started that bullshit tactic about a year ago ? Maybe more

It's so transparent I'm not entirely sure how the backers haven't rioted over it
Someone might want to double check my working on this, but I think it's because the backers are loving idiots.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sunswipe posted:

Someone might want to double check my working on this, but I think it's because the backers are loving idiots.

Can confirm

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Reddit isn't really happy about the $850 jpeg.

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Reddit isn't really happy about the $850 jpeg.

Don't fret.
I'm sure there will be lots of new base building jpegs arriving soon, and backers will be spunking their money up the wall to get them.

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

tuo posted:

BTW, reading the Evocati patch notes, I have to question if they actually have a decent QA (who am I kidding, of course they don't). IIRC, CIG always proclaimed that the builds go through their internal QA, and then to Evocati to catch bugs which occur when a huge variety of hardware runs the game plus different locations and people. So basically standard procedure.

The bugs listed as patched, however, appear to me as bugs which should have been caught by internal QA, because many of them don't seem like they are related to playstyle, hardware config or network stuff.

So I guess we can assume that their whole "we are working hard to get the build through internal QA so it's Evocati ready" is a lie and it's more like "we are working hard so the build is at a state where our devs can play it for ten minutes or longer after the builds is finished, then we push it to Evocati for the dirty work. Our internal QA is a pink haired girl, though, which we mostly use for PR".

Mind you, that pink haired QA girl actually seems to be one of the few decent person working at CIG.

they are using the evocati as free qa. what they are doing may well make sense due to the cost savings over in house qa.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Nice find. Yet another proof that the fucker is well aware of the scammy tricks he is employing , yet he thinks that he can parp his way out of taking the blame for it.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mr. Carlisle posted:

"How do I know it's the filter bar?"

"Because it says filter."

"Why does it say filter?"

Jesus christ chris roberts is a moron lol

I listened to that part again

He asks how do you know it's the filter

And the guy replied because it says filter

It actually doesn't say filter. And someone else says well it used to say filter , in a previous build

So the thing they're showing off to the thumb shaped CEO , no one in the room even knows what it's supposed to be

Like someone changed the tag so it doesn't say filter , and no one bothered to check this before presenting it to the CEO of the company

It's just pure and utter incompetence from the bottom up

I bet they would happily include that into the latest patch and when someone asks where the filter bar is , citizens will instantly defend cig for making the smart move and not coddling the player by assuming they don't know what a filter tab is

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like it's not even going to be that. It might make a mark on crowd-funding or early access, though probably not, but mainstream gaming doesn't pay much attention to it, does it? All the hype is completely ridiculous nonsense that anyone sane just rolls their eyes at, all the actual materials are really mediocre.

I feel like in a couple years when you ask your buddy "hey remember that really disappointing space ship game?" they'll probably answer no man's sky if anything.

Maybe PC gaming then. I get that the folks who don't play anything out of Madden 20XX and Call of Duty won't know about SC, but I think it will be a bigger deal than Daikatana, Duke Nukem, or the initial launch of NMS. The project is just too big to escape scrutiny when it fails.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Blue On Blue posted:

He asks how do you know it's the filter

And the guy replied because it says filter

It actually doesn't say filter. And someone else says well it used to say filter

This is some Laurel and Hardy poo poo :lol:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Can someone loan me $850 please.

I need it for the 30 games I have on my wishlist on Steam.

And still have $5 left over.

I'll buy 5 copies of Wing Commander the movie with that I guess.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Oct 20, 2017

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

stinch posted:

they are using the evocati as free qa. what they are doing may well make sense due to the cost savings over in house qa.

Of course, and it makes sense and wouldn't even be that bad. The thing is that they claim to have this awesome interal QA team which was responsible for 3.0 beeing not available to Evocati for months. It's just another example of how balatantly they lie to backers, or how the whole "realationship" between CIG and backers is now built upon lies, and both sides know it, but they try their best to still make it work, even though they know it's all lies.

I sometimes skim the SC reddit when this thread is slow, and it's awesome how desperately they try to spin everything into something positive, like you can nearly see their clinched teeth and their fake smile behind the posts, while trying to put up the biggest smile they have.

It's great, and I rate it 9.5/10

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
reddit are now convinced this new chariot will let you build bases wherever you want and charge people rent on those bases, in this way $850 is good value you see

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

BloodyScab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGigO-bvOBo&t=1326s

Like look at this. Why do you have to go to the goddamn CEO or his bro (isn't he in charge of SQ42 not this nonsense?) just to get a """"""release build"""""" put out to evocati (where you cant get through the fuckin airlock), your NDA free labor?

Oh Chris is back in England. I would love to know how many thousands of dollars went into flying people needlessly back and forth. (First class to boot)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Maybe PC gaming then. I get that the folks who don't play anything out of Madden 20XX and Call of Duty won't know about SC, but I think it will be a bigger deal than Daikatana, Duke Nukem, or the initial launch of NMS. The project is just too big to escape scrutiny when it fails.

The only reason why Star Citizen will be a bigger scam and have a larger nuclear fallout after all is said and done is because Star Citizen promised the world, reassured everyone that they would be treated like the kings and queens of gaming, and then pissed away over 6 years of development time, all while turning into one of the most toxic, sequestered communities on the internet.

And they did it all on your dime.