Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

Tarranon posted:

going through gelmania for the first time. it's good.

is there a way to listen to the first 10 episodes that were on earwolf? they wiped them from the feed after the split from the network

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Koholint posted:

Teacher’s Lounge is funny but to my ears they have two voices shared between four people so it’s really hard to distinguish between the characters.

It’s funny to look back on the time when I had trouble distinguishing Sean from Hayes. Now I know that one has the rough speaking style of someone that learned comedy on the streets, and the other one never had to take classes and is just naturally funny.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

June just got an acting job in Europe and isn't going to be at the HDTGM show in DC next Friday. I desperately want to know what she thinks of Howling II.

I can't believe I'm actually getting there earlier just to watch Howling II with them.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

ArtVandelay posted:

June just got an acting job in Europe and isn't going to be at the HDTGM show in DC next Friday. I desperately want to know what she thinks of Howling II.

I can't believe I'm actually getting there earlier just to watch Howling II with them.

I feel like Zouks is going to be a big fan of the werewolf threesome.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Franchescanado posted:

I feel like Zouks is going to be a big fan of the werewolf threesome.

That, and the repeated shots of werewolf Sybil Danning baring her breasts.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Gotta say, I really enjoy when Gabrus gets a little too personal and doesn't realize it until he's gone way too far and terrified everyone. He manages to alienate McKenna and the entire audience almost instantly this episode, and it's incredible. Kind of like in the 8th anniversary episode when he explains how he has to masturbate and Lapkus can't deal with it.

wicked duck
Sep 2, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

Gotta say, I really enjoy when Gabrus gets a little too personal and doesn't realize it until he's gone way too far and terrified everyone. He manages to alienate McKenna and the entire audience almost instantly this episode, and it's incredible. Kind of like in the 8th anniversary episode when he explains how he has to masturbate and Lapkus can't deal with it.

I was at the Chicago show and he was a force a nature. Just took over every scene and was really funny. I was already a fan from CBB, but he was great live.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Whiskey Dick posted:

I was at the Chicago show and he was a force a nature. Just took over every scene and was really funny. I was already a fan from CBB, but he was great live.

Yeah it was vintage Gabrus from the beginning for that first show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
A Wild Horses edition of With Special Guest today :toot: Consistently the best episodes of the show. (Also PFT pitches in on the ad reads.)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Agreed. Favorite ad was where Paul was just "Uh-uh"ing and "Ooh!"ing about everything she said. But they were all great.

WSG is an occasional listen to me, but I always tune into the Wild Horses ones.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
I hope PFT keeps appearing in the ad reads for every show

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

feedmyleg posted:

Agreed. Favorite ad was where Paul was just "Uh-uh"ing and "Ooh!"ing about everything she said. But they were all great.

WSG is an occasional listen to me, but I always tune into the Wild Horses ones.

:same:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
it’s endearing how often wild horses will break into song, often for absolutely no comedic gain

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Episode 2 of Big Ones with Steph Allynne is possibly even more ridiculous than the first episode. Steph is the best, though, so she makes it listenable. Still not sure it's actually worth listening to regularly.

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/922219048875651072

cams
Mar 28, 2003

xpost from doughboys thread, THE BOYS ARE BACK TO FACE OFF AGAINST THE BOYS

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/923243702759198720

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
this has been a really good week. Halloween CBB, rock solid HH ep and now this. and Mario odyssey and destiny 2 and a good job interview...hell yes :cheerdoge:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Teachers' Lounge:

Oh, poo poo, how are they going undo this "Howard Levi's is dead" thing?

Oh...oh, they're DEFINITELY not.

Do we know if they're staying weekly? Because that felt very much like the previous "season finales," and that a break is coming.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

JethroMcB posted:

Teachers' Lounge:

Oh, poo poo, how are they going undo this "Howard Levi's is dead" thing?

Oh...oh, they're DEFINITELY not.

Do we know if they're staying weekly? Because that felt very much like the previous "season finales," and that a break is coming.

I was guessing this was their season finale. It’s definitely a show that needs that break to do a soft reset.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Back when they first pitched this idea I thought "Mitch will be the one who gets super serious about eating shrimp while everyone else has a good time" and he is not disappointing

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
It got better as they all progressively got more miserable and irritated but I drastically overestimated how much I wanted to listen to the boys eat shrimp live

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The newest I4H was fantastic, especially when it got meta and the players had to speak to the truth of depicting terrible people.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So the HDTGM show in DC tonight was incredible. Manzoukas was shot out of a cannon from the very first second he was in stage and he maintained the insanity throughout the entire very long show. And I mean long. Not sure how they're going to cut it, but went well over 2 hours, probably is the longest show they've ever done. I won't give spoilers on the guests unless it okay with everyone, but they were pretty great too.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Stolen from the earwolf forums

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
Santa and HoHo are on a new Halloween episode of With Special Guest. So that's cool.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

(HoHo).

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Melcome to my monster class.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
unofficial stitcher rss once again not showing new eps, "latest" cbb, HH etc are from like oct 10th

god dmanit ear wolf

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
This week's Hollywood Handbook is another RIPPER

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
https://twitter.com/SeanClements/status/921458231913865216

Best new running joke

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I like this trend of the Second City Training Centre advertising on UCB podcasts.

(Second City classes are pretty good though, I'm taking an improv one and you should check it out too)

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Sean is good at actually making fun of bad movies. HE should have the movie podcast. And he should do it. And then Paul can do the sound.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Haven't listened to the new one yet but I'm really glad Teacher's Lounge isn't taking a break after all. No guest this week too, which is great because I feel like the guests can be a bit lame

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

da beeper king BABY posted:

Haven't listened to the new one yet but I'm really glad Teacher's Lounge isn't taking a break after all. No guest this week too, which is great because I feel like the guests can be a bit lame

Yeah, it's great that they are just jumping right back into it. I've only heard about 20 minutes thus far but they've already referred to it more than once as "Season 4," so I'm guessing that they're sticking with the 5-7 episode story arc format.

I think the guests are more hit than miss, but it makes sense not to have one for the "season premiere" primarily because they have to reestablish a character for Jon Mackey after he was killed off. Twice.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

I'm enjoying Sean's Harvard bit, but I'm worried about how much Hayes is enjoying Sean's Harvard bit.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I'm enjoying Sean's Harvard bit, but I'm worried about how much Hayes is enjoying Sean's Harvard bit.

He got a spectacular dig in with the "I came through Second City just at the right time where everyone got a job coming outta there" bit

the Insane Piano
Feb 10, 2011

ManoliIsFat posted:

He got a spectacular dig in with the "I came through Second City just at the right time where everyone got a job coming outta there" bit

CAn you explain that to me.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

the Insane Piano posted:

CAn you explain that to me.

Commenting on how there are a ton of young people with show business careers now*, whether in front of the camera or behind the scenes, who were taking UCB classes about a decade ago; now UCB is much more crowded, it's difficult to enroll, and there are far fewer breakout performers.

(*Think every podcast personality in their 30's)

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It's also way more expensive. There's a huge difference between a poor college student taking five different $200 classes and five different $450 classes. So it's now seen as a career investment rather than something to do on a lark or because it's fun, so the folks coming through are more industry-minded than the goofballs we all love who got famous in the mid-2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
If you’re a UCB alum from a decade ago, you’re assumed to a funny person and will get offered small parts on tv shows. Good luck if you’re just now starting.