Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

surc posted:

Jesus Christ. Shut up and go away until you're:

A) Able to communicate like an adult human being.
B) Not completely retarded and wrong about every goddamn thing in counter strike.

Each post from you in this thread is bitching about how some basic mechanic of CS isn't doing it right, and/or asking for advice and then telling the people who give you it that they're wrong.

You're weirdly aggressive, you're obnoxious, you're unfunny, you're dumb enough to cause physical pain, and you're wrong. Every. Time. You. Post.

To be fair, that could be due to the drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS
I am going to state a thing i like about Counterstrike: Global Offensive:

It has good spectator features.

Zohn
Jul 21, 2006

Trust me, pinko, you ain't half he-man enough for Mickey Spillane's Rye Whisky.

Grimey Drawer
I haven't touched CS in years, but all of the fuss I've been hearing about a new Dust (!!!) combined with general nostalgia led me to reinstall GO.

Discovered that you have to be a certain rank to start playing competitive these days, and was wondering what the quickest way to do so is for someone who has limited free time for grinding, and also never got above mid-silver at my peak.

Also, how wretched is voice chat these days?

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
I posted a while ago and never did goonmans but I want to do them now. I wouldn't call myself good but I have over 300 hours, with like 3 comp games total :agesilaus:

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

I too am a lazy gently caress who hasn't grinded out his placement comp matches and gotten Prime on his account (school hasn't helped in that regard). Check the sub.io thread in PGS for the Discord link if you haven't and lets get some low tier MM on.

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

NuclearPotato posted:

I too am a lazy gently caress who hasn't grinded out his placement comp matches and gotten Prime on his account (school hasn't helped in that regard). Check the sub.io thread in PGS for the Discord link if you haven't and lets get some low tier MM on.

Where in IL are you buddy?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
lol

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

NuclearPotato posted:

Michael Scott posted:

:wth:

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
Don't trust strangers on the internet folks

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Don't touch the poop

Savage For The Winjun
Jun 27, 2008

I'm just posting to let you know that I've read the past two pages and you are all wrong and bad at dumb video game where you can't even ads

no_funeral
Jul 4, 2004

why

Savage For The Winjun posted:

I'm just posting to let you know that I've read the past two pages and you are all wrong and bad at dumb video game where you can't even ads

pardon me, is this the game where you can't aim down the sights and everybody pays real money for the mona lisa on their guns?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I like drugs

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Michael Scott posted:

It’s a trap

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i think someone broke surc :ohdear:

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Zohn posted:

I haven't touched CS in years, but all of the fuss I've been hearing about a new Dust (!!!) combined with general nostalgia led me to reinstall GO.

Discovered that you have to be a certain rank to start playing competitive these days, and was wondering what the quickest way to do so is for someone who has limited free time for grinding, and also never got above mid-silver at my peak.

Also, how wretched is voice chat these days?

new dust is garbage, don't get suckered by those hacks at valve
play lots of dm until your aim is not garbage

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Why does silver have 6 ranks, nova has 4 and the rest are 1 or 2

I'm almost through Nova and I just got here

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

CSGO Major is on sale PRESALE OFFER CODE: LOYELEAGUE

http://www.ticketmaster.com/the-ele...05&minorcatid=0

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

It's Audi-Doody time!

I'm literally a puppet for Audi

Every one of my posts in AI is about my super reliable Audi.

It's the only car in the world, my Audi.

Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi Audi
Audi Audi Audi Audi
Audi Audi Audi
Audi Audi
Audi

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Why is the new dust garbage

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Dongicus posted:

It hasn't changed. You can still get a 4k and lose as the rest of your teammates die one at a time.

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984

Dongicus posted:

Because they removed the telephone pole I always hide behind near pit.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I remember people were really mad about the stairs they added on cobble

everyones so hostile about the maps

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Dongicus posted:

D2 is effectively the same, just that people don't know where there old smokes and flashes they throw every round are anymore (xbox, mid to b, long corner, CT cross). Basically it turns into a shoot out and whoever has the better aim wins.

John DiFool
Aug 28, 2013

Dongicus posted:

Frames are worse for me

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Kwilty posted:

D2 is effectively the same, just that people don't know where there old smokes and flashes they throw every round are anymore (xbox, mid to b, long corner, CT cross). Basically it turns into a shoot out and whoever has the better aim wins.

NOTHING CHANGED AT ALL yay

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017
are 1v5HS aces still cool? Even if the other team gives it away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiLigsUwaAE

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
The last Fnatic vs Heroic match on mirage for ECS Season 4 Europe was quite an enjoyable watch. Lotta flusha one-deaging people through smokes etc.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have almost 1000 hours and just learned you can actually use the chickens

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
if you knife a chicken while standing in a molly you can make fried chicken, it's an easter egg and is the only heal item in the entire game!

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Inferno has the best chickens imo

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls6IxnBhecA

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Mythic beat GX and Torqued in 2 days. The reason why, as explained by adreN:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CutePlausibleCheesecakePoooound

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized
https://twitter.com/G2apEX/status/923353643927179264

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

surc posted:

Mythic beat GX and Torqued in 2 days. The reason why, as explained by adreN:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CutePlausibleCheesecakePoooound

tier 3 NA CS is a strange place

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
When you thought VP couldn't win a single bo3 against any T1 teams, they suddenly beat Gambit and FaZe consecutively.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Yeah that is pretty amazing. Niko looked pretty exhausted on map3, but it's cool to see VP causing an upset.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
old man CS best CS

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
VP is so weird. One second you're all "ok, they should just disband already" and the next they're winning a major.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Is there a good east coast/central DM server that doesn't have hosed up spawns (fragshack) or crashes repeatedly (fragshack) or you know what - just isn't fragshack?