Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

MoraleHazard posted:

CG needs to make Zombie Luke and Zombie Han. Zombie Vader. We need a full team of SW Zombies. Their unique is the full team will cause you to jailbreak your phone's operating system.

Also, who is the lead in a zFinn team? Finn? I'm working on my happy grinds of zFinn, Poe, RTrooper, R2, Rey. Is that the go-to Resistence team?

How about Force Ghost Anakin, Force Ghost Yoda, Force Ghost Obi-Wan, and Force Spectral Spirit Qui-Gon ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
PSA: don't blow a bunch of refreshes trying to bump paploo to 4* for this wicket thing if your other ewoks arent in reasonably good shape. The event is tough. G8 is probably the minimum for teebo/ee/scout with decent abilities/levels/stars. Siege did it with slightly better than that and still had to put arena mods on.

CapPsyko can address tactics in more detail but definitely run teebo lead and try to maximize his tm chop on the AT-ST.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
In addition to the above, the event isn't dropping the guaranteed 10 Wicket shards that it's supposed to. A Dev posted on Reddit that he was looking into it.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Y'all joke about the NS rework being lackluster, but I'm looking forward to a 70% revive rate on Old Daka and stacking buffs on Asajj every time a NS revives. Strike me down etc etc...

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

I'm at lvl55 now, when does this game get fun?

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

im cute posted:

I'm at lvl55 now, when does this game get fun?

What makes you think it ever does?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

UmOk posted:

What makes you think it ever does?

if i start paying money will it get better? serious question

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

im cute posted:

You will progress faster, like 3 times faster through refreshing energy.

One could make the case that progressing faster lets you do raid etc faster which makes the game better, i suppose

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

im cute posted:

This game is a daily grind and a slog fest. It's never really fun without literal months of effort.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Nipponophile posted:

In addition to the above, the event isn't dropping the guaranteed 10 Wicket shards that it's supposed to. A Dev posted on Reddit that he was looking into it.

Rather than fix this, they changed the rewards to say "6-10" shards.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Nipponophile posted:

Rather than fix this, they changed the rewards to say "6-10" shards.

yeah, for this time only, and they dished out 20 free wicket shards. Which is ok, i just wish i wouldn't have blown 300 crystals on getting paploo to 4 stars.

Event looks like it is going to run monthly, so for F2P it's like a year and a half long farm for wicket at 7*. Only whales are going to see the zetas in the second tier.

Also, they seem pretty confident that their game is going to be still up and running in 2 years, seing the long farms they are throwing at us.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

A month before the servers shut down, they'll offer packs for every character.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

As someone who hardcore farmed all ewoks and used them as an arena team forever, I love this ATST event. I coasted through it without losing anyone!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I have STH, Kanan, Leia and GMT all at 7* now.

I can clear the top tier credit heist every time it rolls around so i don't feel like i need more scoundrels (IG-88) so i am thinking of using arena tokens on Chief Nebit so i can do the Jawa mod challenges?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Ineptitude posted:

I have STH, Kanan, Leia and GMT all at 7* now.

I can clear the top tier credit heist every time it rolls around so i don't feel like i need more scoundrels (IG-88) so i am thinking of using arena tokens on Chief Nebit so i can do the Jawa mod challenges?

This is one of those things that you definitely have to do eventually, so whenever your email not staring down the barrel of a panic farm, definitely jump on it.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Hey guys, could you please remove "Bola Het" from the roster? I've gone back to work now and I just don't have time for this phone game anymore when I come home now that we have the baby. Thank you for letting me join you all the way through the dodge meta/Boba Fett Renaissance/ ships let down/ewok let down/ships let down.

Karzon
Oct 15, 2002

Aadoniel posted:

Hey guys, could you please remove "Bola Het" from the roster? I've gone back to work now and I just don't have time for this phone game anymore when I come home now that we have the baby. Thank you for letting me join you all the way through the dodge meta/Boba Fett Renaissance/ ships let down/ewok let down/ships let down.

You will be missed! Your devotion to making Boba work even before he was good was admirable.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aadoniel posted:

Were you SM or QGJ? Either way enjoy your family

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

RC Cola posted:

Were you SM or QGJ? Either way enjoy your family

SM 4 life. Or until we change it for time purposes.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
QGJ needs warm bodies to generate tickets and for HAAT, which we'll be attempting again soon (once the R2 event swings around, tentatively). If you're guildless or in a pub guild and generate your daily tickets, get on Discord!

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Aadoniel posted:

SM 4 life. Or until we change it for time purposes.

You are removed. Here's hoping your :airquote:family:airquote: can somehow fill the void in your swgoh-less existence.

On that note, we need a new Maulful Goon. I have checked with RC Cola and he told me to go gently caress a tusken. Any volunteers from either QGJ or Roccinate?

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

i would, but i'm severely underleveled and have 0 7* characters

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MichiganCubbie posted:

As someone who hardcore farmed all ewoks and used them as an arena team forever, I love this ATST event. I coasted through it without losing anyone!

As someone who hardcore farmed all nightsisters and used them as an arena team forever, I love this Talzin event. I took out the CLS squad in Advanced Tactics with no (permanent :kheldragar:) losses with a sub 70, G7-G8 Talzin lead squad. :fap: 5% stacking uncleansable damage per turn is loving silly as hell, as is 70%+ resurrection rates.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

If nobody joins Malulful over the weekend, I suppose I'll go.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
So, with the self rezzing auto taunting ghost thing, would that make R2 and other stealthers more desirable in that lineup?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hockles posted:

If nobody joins Malulful over the weekend, I suppose I'll go.

I'll kill you first bby

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inimicul posted:

So, with the self rezzing auto taunting ghost thing, would that make R2 and other stealthers more desirable in that lineup?

Asajj has a global dispel, so stealth is pretty useless. I'm thinking Talzin[L], Daka, Asajj, Talia, Zombie is gonna be some nasty sustain poo poo. Talzin and Asajj are your main plague spreaders/damage dealers. Asajj and Daka stun. Talia and Daka heal. Zombie just takes hits. You want Zombie going as often as possible for maximum taunt uptime, and Zombie has a kicker of applying tenacity down which makes it easier to stack plague.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but for PVP, you might want to rotate Zombie for someone else on offense, and have Zombie in your squad for defense. Pocket picks would be Initiate for crit up and plague spreading and Boba Fett to execute stubborn assholes like Chirrut (I think he'll still be a pain unless you use Initiate to give him buff immunity.) Ghost and Acolyte aren't slouches, but until Ghost and Zombie are out, I can't really test their effectiveness.

You always want Talzin, Daka, and Asajj though. They're your anti-meta silver bullet. I think there was a video on Team Skunk extolling the virtues of Asajj for cracking Chaze teams pre-buff too.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

RC Cola posted:

I'll kill you first bby

I don't understand the question?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Warmachine posted:

Asajj has a global dispel, so stealth is pretty useless. I'm thinking Talzin[L], Daka, Asajj, Talia, Zombie is gonna be some nasty sustain poo poo. Talzin and Asajj are your main plague spreaders/damage dealers. Asajj and Daka stun. Talia and Daka heal. Zombie just takes hits. You want Zombie going as often as possible for maximum taunt uptime, and Zombie has a kicker of applying tenacity down which makes it easier to stack plague.

I'm not 100% sure about this, but for PVP, you might want to rotate Zombie for someone else on offense, and have Zombie in your squad for defense. Pocket picks would be Initiate for crit up and plague spreading and Boba Fett to execute stubborn assholes like Chirrut (I think he'll still be a pain unless you use Initiate to give him buff immunity.) Ghost and Acolyte aren't slouches, but until Ghost and Zombie are out, I can't really test their effectiveness.

You always want Talzin, Daka, and Asajj though. They're your anti-meta silver bullet. I think there was a video on Team Skunk extolling the virtues of Asajj for cracking Chaze teams pre-buff too.

I was thinking more of using R2 on the NS team to ensure ghost is the only vaible target. I'm so far away from being able to do this event. It was just kind of amusing to do the Talzin event with zfinn and see her go only at the beginning of each phase and never again.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Inimicul posted:

I was thinking more of using R2 on the NS team to ensure ghost is the only vaible target. I'm so far away from being able to do this event. It was just kind of amusing to do the Talzin event with zfinn and see her go only at the beginning of each phase and never again.

Not a bad idea either. Just gotta weigh if using R2 is worth losing the assist/plague spreading/other synergy. I'm really only working off my initial impressions. I still have to actually get these motherfuckers to 85 G10 Omega.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hockles posted:

I don't understand the question?

Don't leave me I'll be sad.

QGJ members. We are trying HAAT again early November after the R2 event. I figure we should be much closer now with the additional zetas and gearing that we have been able to do. Look up teams and get ready

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

RC Cola posted:

Don't leave me I'll be sad.

I don't think we are in the same guild. I'm in Roccinate.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed something. They added " (Scavenger) " to Rey, which makes me think that they are about to add Rey (Jedi) to the game in the next month or so.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Warmachine posted:

As someone who hardcore farmed all nightsisters and used them as an arena team forever, I love this Talzin event. I took out the CLS squad in Advanced Tactics with no (permanent :kheldragar:) losses with a sub 70, G7-G8 Talzin lead squad. :fap: 5% stacking uncleansable damage per turn is loving silly as hell, as is 70%+ resurrection rates.

Haha I suck at this event. I don't have any good nightsisters built up. That's awesome that it's working for you! I wish they did this sort of set-up for Wicket, though. I want more shards as a reward for being an ewok loyalist!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Hockles posted:

I don't think we are in the same guild. I'm in Roccinate.

Oh. Then yeah that would be best since qgj wouldn't lose anyone
E: best for qgj

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

MichiganCubbie posted:

Haha I suck at this event. I don't have any good nightsisters built up. That's awesome that it's working for you! I wish they did this sort of set-up for Wicket, though. I want more shards as a reward for being an ewok loyalist!

They did do that for Wicket though, when he was first added.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Can't beat the bonus stage of the event with G8 phoenix, because sidious can't be stunned and one shots half the squad with his AoE. Oh well.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Hockles posted:

Sorry for the double post, but I just noticed something. They added " (Scavenger) " to Rey, which makes me think that they are about to add Rey (Jedi) to the game in the next month or so.

Better star up those Veteran Smugglers!

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

Ineptitude posted:

They did do that for Wicket though, when he was first added.

I mean having a second event where you could use your own characters for more shards. From what I remember they handed us top level ewoks for the first run, and everyone got the same amount of shards. Here, they did that, and then had a second event. That's what I can't do at all because I haven't built nightsisters. People who have built nightsisters have a chance for more shards than me, as they should because they built them up without knowing about this.

I think Wicket should have had this same chance for those of us who built up all ewoks to the same point as the nightsisters are here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
R2 is on the event calendar for next week, so get your Empire squad ready.

(I won't have my Empire squad ready.)