Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

buncha dumbasses in the replies whattabouting and justasking

it happens every time a leftist post blows up on twitter because it gets linked in nazi discords or passed around private nazi twitter accounts and then spreads out into the general dipshit sphere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Zeroisanumber posted:

Don't write poo poo on your body at these events. Assume that literally everything is visible and being filmed.

and ffs you dont need to write your contact number that goddamn big either

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Zeroisanumber posted:

Have you been to the Nazi boards? How are they reacting?

From My Posting Career

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

sneakyfrog posted:

what is this even?

Lots of times at protests, people will sharpie a number on their arm, so that they will have a number to call in case of arrest, as phones are usually confiscated.

In my experience, though, that number is usually the NLG's number. But this person wrote a friend's number instead, and the news focused on it.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Zeroisanumber posted:

Don't write poo poo on your body at these events. Assume that literally everything is visible and being filmed.

Ya, write your emergency contact number somewhere that's covered by a piece of clothing, but where it can be easily visible when you need it.

Still, it's a lovely move on the part of the cameraman to purposefully focus on the number

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zeroisanumber posted:

usually not by actual local news teams, though they do know their audience

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Qu Appelle posted:

Lots of times at protests, people will sharpie a number on their arm, so that they will have a number to call in case of arrest, as phones are usually confiscated.

In my experience, though, that number is usually the NLG's number. But this person wrote a friend's number instead, and the news focused on it.

I was more wondering why it wasnt an NLG number. but thanks

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Anti-Spencer Protest at University of Florida 10/19/2017

I think this was largely successful.

The bulk of the protest was on a street near the Performing Arts Center (where Spencer was speaking). The area was cordoned off by endless cops of every variety, from Super Trooper looking traffic cops to SWAT to National Guards in camo, backed up by helicopters and drones. To my knowledge they were courteous to protesters and hesitant about intervening, even when mobs of people were chasing the odd Nazi or two.

I was not inside for the speech, but I hear it was shouted down through its entirety. I’d estimate maybe a thousand protesters were there at its height, which if you've ever been to a small, pathetic protest you know really matters to the mood of the participants.

Most of the action happened as the fash were entering/getting tickets, and while they were leaving. One swastika dude was punched. Another was arrested when they jumped a barricade to avoid the crowd and the cops told him to either hop back over or get arrested for trespassing, and he chose arrest. I did not see any antifa being arrested—the cops seemed to have such clear control that they hardly had to intervene.

Between the entry and exit it was sort of a carnival atmosphere. People debated, laughed, and talked with the swarm of press.

I am very happy about the outcome—Spencer humiliated, no arrests or injuries on our side, and very little violence. I think in this instance it was unnecessary for that Nazi to get punched, and I find it unfortunate. But I’m not crying too hard.

platzapS has issued a correction as of 00:09 on Oct 21, 2017

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

sneakyfrog posted:

and ffs you dont need to write your contact number that goddamn big either

Alternately write it backwards or add random numbers to it or something

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

(((Cats)))

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

I swear at one point or another either Sheng-Ji or I used "The Purring Jew" as subtitle for this thread.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Yeah the purring jew post surfaced a month or two ago. Not that it's stopped being funny.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Well, color me img_timelined, then. And remind me to go pet and cuddle my oversized ginger tabby purring jew when I get home.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
its still a great line.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoku posted:

this kind of poo poo is extremely reminiscent of addict behavior so I wonder how many cases like this can be explained by someone just finding their personal drug and chasing it to the end of the road
Another ex:

https://twitter.com/UR_Ninja/status/921474315320619008

He was in his zone. I think someone shouts "Will! Get back here!"

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 21:38 on Oct 20, 2017

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
can someone explain why the nazis who claim they aren't nazis are the same people who make fun of people who call people nazis and also claim that the holocaust didn't happen but also it should have?

i know what sartre said about how they argue in bad faith, and that is correct, but they seem to have the same contradictions in their own forums etc. among themselves.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
they are young and confused dipshits mostly who crave acceptance and a sense of masculine belonging as far as most of the younger ones are concerned. (at least in my experience so far)

the older ones are the real diabolical motherfuckers.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Flavius Belisarius posted:

can someone explain why the nazis who claim they aren't nazis are the same people who make fun of people who call people nazis and also claim that the holocaust didn't happen but also it should have?

i know what sartre said about how they argue in bad faith, and that is correct, but they seem to have the same contradictions in their own forums etc. among themselves.

They want to remain deniable enough to stay in polite society and spread their poison. It's why they spend so much energy coming up with new terms for racism and being racist.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

From My Posting Career

yknow at least when the left eats itself in holier-than-thou posturing it's over principles like "don't rape people"

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

sneakyfrog posted:

I was more wondering why it wasnt an NLG number. but thanks

That makes more sense; sorry, my brain's a bit more frazzled.

But it does raise a good point - using a fine point Sharpie, and then writing the number that can be covered by a sleeve, will help to prevent this kind of abuse.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Flavius Belisarius posted:

basic awareness that nazi is a bad label to have attached, see also the desperate attempts to rebrand whenever their current name gets stanked up

alt-right, identitarian, race realists, the list goes on

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

StashAugustine posted:

yknow at least when the left eats itself in holier-than-thou posturing it's over principles like "don't rape people"

i dunno about that friend, i have always had the lovely distinction of being slightly too conservative for a lot of lefties and way too left for the conservatives.

I think all sides or i guess groups are quite equally able to be self righteous dipshits.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

i dunno about that friend, i have always had the lovely distinction of being slightly too conservative for a lot of lefties and way too left for the conservatives.

I think all sides or i guess groups are quite equally able to be self righteous dipshits.

yeah i feel the same way but generally the disagreements i get into are over more reasonable things than miscegenation

def agreed that selfrighteousness knows no ideology tho

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
speaking of self righteous dipshits:

https://twitter.com/IGD_News/status/921479814829056001

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
*meow* *puurrrrrr* *white genocide* *meow*

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
can someone get this cool cat a gun?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

uber_stoat posted:

*meow* *puurrrrrr* *white genocide* *meow*

Gonna finish that gefilte fish?

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah the purring jew post surfaced a month or two ago. Not that it's stopped being funny.

i first posted it

it broke my brain so bad it was the only thing i could think about for like a week

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

Waffle House posted:

I am a little surprised by how many people just came out of the woodwork for a Culture joke, I am clearly posting in a good subforum

The Culture is mandatory reading for the revolution, Comrade

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I swear at one point or another either Sheng-Ji or I used "The Purring Jew" as subtitle for this thread.

i still think it's a pretty amazing old timey racist mystery novel title

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sherlock Holmes and The Case Of The Purring Jew

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Yinlock posted:

Brains Benton and The Case Of The Purring Jew

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
The purring jew: Escape from the prison planet

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

/pol/ is literally the worst board on 4chan and all of its posters should be banned

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Xelkelvos posted:

/pol/ is literally the worst board on 4chan and all of its posters should be banned

from life as well

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Mooooooaaaaar Fears. He comes in about halfway. This is all quite insane too:

https://twitter.com/ohshit_atx/status/859562471723483136

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
The excuse that's usually given is that /pol/ is a quarantine board and without it, they'd shitpost everywhere else on the site. Ignoring that quarantines typically have some way of keeping the people inside from leaving.

So really, just think of a /pol/ as an overflowing septic tank on stilts that frequently spills its contents on the heads of the people below.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Xelkelvos posted:

sneakyfrog posted:

from life as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Fantastic Flyer posted:

The excuse that's usually given is that /pol/ is a quarantine board and without it, they'd shitpost everywhere else on the site. Ignoring that quarantines typically have some way of keeping the people inside from leaving.

So really, just think of a /pol/ as an overflowing septic tank on stilts that frequently spills its contents on the heads of the people below.

I remember when /pol/ got brought back after moot nuked it the first time and it basically sounded like he knew it was a terrible idea but all his mods were threatening rebellion if he didn't open it up to attract the forums Nazis away from their own little fiefdoms