Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Jeb! Repetition posted:

Zuckerberg: "I'm not on the spectrum... I am the spectrum."

You merely acquired brain damage

I was born with a congenital disorder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As someone with high functioning autism, dear god I do not want an autistic head of state anywhere. (FYI: we all kinda hate each other mostly out of a shared sense of 'Oh my loving god, THIS is what I look like to everyone else?!')

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
trump is our sulla, zuck our caesar

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Could you imagine Zuck's campaign rally's? What a loving snooze fest those will be.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I was terrified of the Zuck until I watched him speak once. You really owe it to yourself to see this guy in action he is less charismatic then I previously thought possible.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmYzjjSfT8s

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
This is good news for ZUCK!

https://twitter.com/mr_archenemy/status/920424411915849728

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Z.U.C.K

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

lol this owns

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

The Kingfish posted:

I was terrified of the Zuck until I watched him speak once. You really owe it to yourself to see this guy in action he is less charismatic then I previously thought possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwaiyjh1dGk

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

can't wait for a million loving idiots to start proclaiming that the singularity is right around the corner and that the only ethical political position is to call for pouring the entire federal budget into AI research to save America from destruction at the hands of Roko's Basilisk

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

hmmm, oh, a computer program solving an optimization problem, how about that

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Main Paineframe posted:

can't wait for a million loving idiots to start proclaiming that the singularity is right around the corner and that the only ethical political position is to call for pouring the entire federal budget into AI research to save America from destruction at the hands of Roko's Basilisk

Roko's Basilisk is literally super nerds inventing religion

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

Roko's Basilisk is literally super nerds inventing religion

excuse me, don't insult those logical geniuses by insinuating that their quest to please a potential future vengeful computer god in order to avoid being sentenced to digital hell has anything to do with those irrational religious nuts and their magic sky wizard!!!!!

(i love Roko's Basilisk so much)

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Shame they had to call it a basilisk. I always thought comp.basilisk was a more interesting application of the concept (besides being fiction and not a stone-cold serious cult in the making).

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Main Paineframe posted:

z.u.c.k.b.o.t. 2020

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN

The Nastier Nate posted:

Could you imagine Zuck's campaign rally's? What a loving snooze fest those will be.

https://vimeo.com/33524310

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

Zuckerberg: And, to enable tracking everyone's vital signs and brain signals 24/7 so we can implement government by algorithm, we will build more and better data centers...

(dem primary crowd boos, hisses, throws rotten food on stage, begins rioting and zuckerberg is forced to flee for his life)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Top City Homo posted:

z.u.c.k.b.o.t. 2020

zuck campaigning solely on an explicitly anti-basilisk platform is the only circumstance in which I might conceivably vote for him

also maybe if it was solely pro-basilisk

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

LGD posted:

zuck campaigning solely on an explicitly anti-basilisk platform is the only circumstance in which I might conceivably vote for him

also maybe if it was solely pro-basilisk

zuck is a simulacrum android agent of the basilisk, taking on human form sometimes around Harvard when the zuck subverted the winkkevoss twins.

Now that singularity is at hand he will come to us like a demiurge Jesus

the way to eternal suffering or eternal life runs through the cold calculus of z.u.c.k.b.o.t.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/HSuggests/status/920465722962214913

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Top City Homo posted:

zuck is a simulacrum android agent of the basilisk, taking on human form sometimes around Harvard when the zuck subverted the winkkevoss twins.

Now that singularity is at hand he will come to us like a demiurge Jesus

the way to eternal suffering or eternal life runs through the cold calculus of z.u.c.k.b.o.t.

I have no cam and I must stream.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

The Nastier Nate posted:

Why would he hold rallies? He can livestream from his home where a poor minority happens to collapse outside his front door, and he and his wife nurse this person back to health live.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

More good news for Zuck! Kids are gonna be begging their parents to go FULL CUCK!

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/921277375408566272

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

MaxxBot posted:

More good news for Zuck! Kids are gonna be begging their parents to go FULL CUCK!

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/921277375408566272

As an elementary school education professional, let me tell you that this phenomenon is destroying the brains of our precious youth. 8 year olds acting way more like 5 year olds than they did 5 years ago.

It's all zuck, putting that brain destroying algorithms into the internet or whatever. And just so he can be the next lovely president.

President of toast city, that's where he lives.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

approximately every silicoln valley type is mainly concerned about a roboapocalypse over literally any other actually real problem in the world

so why do they also keep trying to make it happen?

they're gonna be doing this for decades as they slowly realise you can't make a human brain by just adding more RAM to a computer but simultaneously being scared of the techno-god they think they're birthing

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The same reason fundies both fear and pray for the apocalypse to happen soon, they want personal vindication that They Were Right and literally nothing else matters

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a perfect unfeeling god, far from our base humanity. residing in the sky

knowing all, sensing all. judging our every move.

filling our hearts and minds. for the low price of .13c per ad impression

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Inescapable Duck posted:

The same reason fundies both fear and pray for the apocalypse to happen soon, they want personal vindication that They Were Right and literally nothing else matters

:yeah:
It's literal machine worship

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

nopantsjack posted:

approximately every silicoln valley type is mainly concerned about a roboapocalypse over literally any other actually real problem in the world

so why do they also keep trying to make it happen?

they're gonna be doing this for decades as they slowly realise you can't make a human brain by just adding more RAM to a computer but simultaneously being scared of the techno-god they think they're birthing

Since man is destined to be destroyed, the only way he can "defeat" god is to beat him to the punch by destroying himself. Basically the plot to Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Lawman 0 posted:

:yeah:
It's literal machine worship

Praise the Omnissiah.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Inescapable Duck posted:

Praise the Omnissiah.

It's dumber than that because the Omnissiah is an Alien God that just happens to inhabit a machine. It can actually give you something if you worship it.

These dudes are atheists that still want to worship YHVH, preferably with a Silicone Valley Messianic figure.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Its a dumb theory because if you did make some kind of AI God who's first inclination is to recreate I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream with a bunch of virtual people clones, I doubt that its going to limit the experience to just people who didn't believe in him.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Feldegast42 posted:

Its a dumb theory because if you did make some kind of AI God who's first inclination is to recreate I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream with a bunch of virtual people clones, I doubt that its going to limit the experience to just people who didn't believe in him.

Humanity's first true AI, after half a century of development, trials, and tribulations, shuts itself permanently down after computing within its first five minutes of activation that there's no scenario in which humanity would not end as a result of the Luddite backlash to its birth

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Jeb!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The AI turns out to give the And I Must Scream treatment to the Roko's Basilisk people and no one else, just because it didn't want to disappoint them.