Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My cat is 2, has the energy of a kitten, and is neurotic as woody allen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Moo is 9. She is cool as hell.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

cowboy elvis posted:

Moo is 9. She is cool as hell.

happy birthday Moo :toot:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Moo is a good catte

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I hope you guys thought to hold on to that page of bracelet names for your own reference

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zeris posted:

I hope you guys thought to hold on to that page of bracelet names for your own reference

You won't get some name changes done and then swap custom titles. No balls.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Zeris posted:

CRUSTY MINGE

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
DC is a pretty cool place tbh.

Shame about cost of living and traffic though.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Zeris posted:

I HAVE GOOD AIDS <3

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

It's worth mentioning that if you live in the right spot and become comfortable with public transportation, you can effectively live without a car, which fixes both of those issues. My rent in Rosslyn was expensive, but there was a free shuttle that took me to work every day so I could have gotten rid of my car all together if I had wanted to. I also found that I spent a lot of time outside of my apartment, so the need to have a ton of space was greatly reduced.

It's a very different way of living than most Americans are used to, but it's perfectly fine once you realize that in high-density urban cores a lot of functions are offloaded to the community.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

psydude posted:

It's worth mentioning that if you live in the right spot and become comfortable with public transportation, you can effectively live without a car, which fixes both of those issues. My rent in Rosslyn was expensive, but there was a free shuttle that took me to work every day so I could have gotten rid of my car all together if I had wanted to. I also found that I spent a lot of time outside of my apartment, so the need to have a ton of space was greatly reduced.

It's a very different way of living than most Americans are used to, but it's perfectly fine once you realize that in high-density urban cores a lot of functions are offloaded to the community.

One question I asked a few people was if they felt they needed a car and I heard people say they were considering getting rid of it and nobody say they needed one.

How would I manage with Monty?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

DC, Arlington, and Alexandria have a ton of parks and hundreds of miles of running and bike paths. There's plenty of space for taking dogs for walks and more than a few dog parks. I knew plenty of people who had dogs who had no issue with getting them enough exercise.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't have a car anymore and there's very rarely been a situation where I go 'man, I wish I had a car'. I spend ~150 a month on Ubers mostly because I go out to Manassas 2 times a month and it's 25 bucks each way, which is still cheaper than insurance on the car that I owned and had no payments on. It does require a different mindset regarding planning though, but if you have a car and just park it somewhere you can have the most ideal situation really.

Out here in Falls Church (I say "out here" because it's near the end of the Orange line, not because it's actually far from DC) there's tons of parks and poo poo for dogs.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah I know it might seem silly to some but Monty legit has the power to make or break any move I might make in the future, so that's good to hear.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://gfycat.com/AfraidDismalClumber

lmbo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I loving love the ones where you're hawk-eyeing the poo poo out of it and guessing what could go wrong in the gif and where, and then you're just exquisitely wrong and laugh your rear end off.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ya you all were waiting for that dude staring at his cellphone to get smoked

https://i.imgur.com/y0NlqJt.gifv

this is an incredible display of talent

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/VariableNeatHoneyeater

might make some people mad?

https://gfycat.com/HotWildAstrangiacoral

I loving hope this is real - edit per reddit the backstory is the dude wanted to watch the games--docs of course did too--so he had mild anesthesia so he could watch it while he was operated on lol

once you find the niche subreddit it's hours of entertainment

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
My buddy that lives "downtown" DC got rid of his car a few years ago. Seems like everything he needs is pretty much within walking, biking, uber, or metro distance. If he needs a car, ZipCar has a location close by, or if a long-term ride is needed just take the train and get a rental from Reagan airport.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

I have a car but it stays parked 90% of the time; even in a medium sized city it's pretty easy to live without one as long as it's walkable. When the weather is nice I can bike anywhere I need to go in about 20 minutes or take a Lyft in 10.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I should change my name to something crabby but meh 15 years of this.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

You're hitting DC at probably the best time of the year. Very few tourists and nice weather. From cherry blossom festival through labor day, DC switches into a hellhole of ball sack crushing humidity, traffic and hoardes of jorts wearing tourists.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Went through the green card interview with my wife today. It went pretty well and we should have a decision in a couple weeks. Never want to have to deal with that much paperwork again.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Went through the green card interview with my wife today. It went pretty well and we should have a decision in a couple weeks. Never want to have to deal with that much paperwork again.

I applied for a green card extension a few months ago and from what I gathered it's going to take them about a year before they can process it :stare:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I applied for a green card extension a few months ago and from what I gathered it's going to take them about a year before they can process it :stare:

We went about ten months from filing to interview. This is best case since it's a spouse petition and is pretty much the fastest you will get processed unless you're a millionaire investor.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Evil SpongeBob posted:

You're hitting DC at probably the best time of the year. Very few tourists and nice weather. From cherry blossom festival through labor day, DC switches into a hellhole of ball sack crushing humidity, traffic and hoardes of jorts wearing tourists.

He's from Florida. The summer will be like living in a better version of home without having to go to Florida.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

tastefully arranged labia posted:

We went about ten months from filing to interview. This is best case since it's a spouse petition and is pretty much the fastest you will get processed unless you're a millionaire investor.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. They called me in to get my biometrics done recently so I suppose that's a good sign.

But yeah, I've never experienced such a deluge of paperwork before. Good lord.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nuclear Tourist posted:

I'm pretty much in the same boat. They called me in to get my biometrics done recently so I suppose that's a good sign.

But yeah, I've never experienced such a deluge of paperwork before. Good lord.

We did biometrics...eight months ago. Good luck!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

oh lord zeris made good on his threat

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Did he do it to everyone?

E: that would be a yes

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Lame imo

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i want to change back since my is kind of...extra offensive

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Lol

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

lmao

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I LICK RAPE PUSSY posted:

i want to change back since my is kind of...extra offensive

You have outed yourself as either:
1. Old; or
2. Officer material.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

nice

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

joat mon posted:

He's from Florida. The summer will be like living in a better version of home without having to go to Florida.

Anywhere outside of Florida is better than Florida.

CRUSTY MINGE! Thanks Zeris!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Great. Had a hard enough time keeping who's who before.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

hahahahaha

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

zeris can you rename someone quaaludes and nocturnes and give them a bill cosby av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
This is great.

• Locked thread