Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

TBF, it is homeless snail's job, they are a writer on Law and Order: Mushroom Kingdom after all.

there was already a mario game where you clean up the streets

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Konami Destiny Present Waits in Super The Jungle Contra

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Whatever happened to Geno

Nobody ever wonders what my boy Mallow is up to :(

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Looper posted:

Playing in a Jimmy Buffet tribute band.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Goddamn can this come out already

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What is it

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kanfy posted:

It was probably originally buresu which can be either 'breath', 'bless' or an abbreviation of 'bracelet' (buresuretto) and they picked the wrong one of the three. Maybe they misunderstood the context and guessed wrong?

Oh yeah, I'm sure that's what happened. I just really want to know the situation the translators were working in to where they were so far removed from the context that Fire Bracelet made more sense than Fire Breath for a dragon's attack.

I've heard that more than a few games were translated from raw text dumps, so maybe that's what happened?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

La-mulana 2

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

final fantasy in general really

MIND FLARE

Life is short... Bury! Steady Sword!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
More like la-mulanah

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
La-mehlana

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Both of you are punk rear end bitches. :colbert:

Has there been any updates to La Mulana 2 at all?

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Oct 21, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looper posted:

Probably vaping.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Shindragon posted:

Both of you are punk rear end bitches. :colbert:

Has there been any updates to La Mulana 2 at all?

Yeah, that picture I posted

Or, if you wanna get technical, there have been 184 kickstarter updates sent to backers.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I like La-Mulana in theory. I can’t see figuring out the puzzles without a guide and the LP is very good. I’m excited for the sequel but I know my limitations.

I bought the new Etrian Odyessy for my overnight at the children’s hospital but I forgot my stylus. :negative:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, la mulana 2 loves to have like weekly updates of inane stuff that does not include any news on a release date. at this point, i'm salty

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I always thought Goombas were supposed to be evil mushrooms but then someone told me I was wrong and they are actually chestnuts?

They are mushrooms. Specifically they're designed to resemble shiitake mushrooms in contrast to the Toads looking like toadstools.

As to why they're called "chestnut person" in Japanese, my guess is it's just a reference to their color.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the SMW goomba sprite is pretty chestnut-like

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

dogsicle posted:

the SMW goomba sprite is pretty chestnut-like

That is a Galoomba. They are different.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pretty sucky too

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Regy Rusty posted:

As to why they're called "chestnut person" in Japanese, my guess is it's just a reference to their color.

Actually they're like the ball-chin-ians from men in black

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

That is a Galoomba. They are different.

i will not stand for nintendo's historical revisionism

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Goomba

Gloomba

Galoomba

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

Actually they're like the ball-chin-ians from men in black

:eyepop:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Olive! posted:

Goomba

Gloomba

Galoomba

i always have trouble with these smt spell names

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

oddium posted:

lol

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Olive! posted:

Goomba

Gloomba

Galoomba

Me in the middle

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

oddium posted:

nice

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

oddium posted:

lmao

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

*playing phantasy star 2 without a manual* what the gently caress do these techs do?!? Eijib? Conte? Shinb? Also I’ve been stuck in this dungeon for hours when am I gonna find a save point?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
People who prefer fire2 and fire3 to fira and firaga blow my mind

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally started the Blizzard Mountain DLC for Forza Horizon 3 and my player character put on a sweater! I was so pleasantly surprised at such a silly little detail.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

what!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Olive! posted:

Goomba

Gloomba

Galoomba

:420:choomba:420:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

iirc someone else in another place says something that makes this make sense but I gave up on this poo poo like a year and a half ago

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do I have to have played The Stick of Truth to appreciate The Fractured but Whole

I've skipped on South Park for god knows how many years on account of being too easily offended by their nonsense (even if I'm laughing), and skipped the first game as a result, but this looks like a good game, and Path of Exile is starting to release its grip on me for a while

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Oct 21, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Do I have to have played The Stick of Truth to appreciate The Fractured but Whole

I've skipped on South Park for god knows how many years on account of being too easily offended by their nonsense (even if I'm laughing), and skipped the first game as a result, but this looks like a good game, and Path of Exile is starting to release its grip on me for a while

No. Stick is a tolkien thing and hole is marvel. Southpark is hard for me to sit through but the combat looks much improved

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Man Mario was really villainous in the 80s

Help me save my papa :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-lWdnCCtVo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Looper posted: