Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
I want a Beowulf and Reis event, for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
All of those FFT banners are pretty good imo.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Charles Bukowski posted:

All of those FFT banners are pretty good imo.

They are all very good and any of them would be worth a pull, but they're close enough together most people will probably only want to pull on one event or the other + OK, so it's personal choice if you want to do tactics before or after III

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Daily missions may be gone, but they did the same thing in JP - had them as a "trial" run for a couple weeks, then later brought them back permanently. I imagine the same thing will happen here.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

On the other hand, we could've had Beowulf. Or Reis. Or Worker 8. Or Cloud (FFT). :v:

Cloud as well as every XII character should get Tactics synergy. and every XIV character too

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Mithross posted:

They are all very good and any of them would be worth a pull, but they're close enough together most people will probably only want to pull on one event or the other + OK, so it's personal choice if you want to do tactics before or after III

Those of you who are as cool as me will have something crazy like 700 mythril to burn by the time the renewal banners are gone and FFTA hits. :cool:

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 20, 2017

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I think I'm officially quitting the magicite portion of the game. I hadn't touched it in a month, so I went back to try the Holy/Dark stuff and good god do I not enjoy these fights. So I'm just going to not do them. I've always completed all the content in this game but I'm drawing the line here for now. Still love doing events and event CMs just think the magicite is bad content.

It'd be one thing if you just had to beat it once. But these fights are drawn out and often heavy-RNG and they want you to do it again and again. Well I'm not doing it. So there! Keep your five mythril!!

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i'm at 16/15 keystones and every clear feels like a chore

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Are clearing magicites actually required for any content in the future?

I mean they are kinda the endgame even in JP it sounds like, and I'm guessing it was partially a way to see if they could stretch out content over a long period of time since they *are* going to run out of bosses / characters eventually unless they just decide to do periodic resets or something.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I'd rather the game just end than force something like magicites, but I guess I can't fault them for trying something different. I just don't enjoy that content. I want the endgame to be the end bosses lol

or like Ruby/Emerald weapon, or that Ozma boss that's now in JP that I never fought in IX

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Considering 5* magicites haven't been released yet, I don't think we know what's in store for the proper game yet, but as of now, they're not required for anything outside of magicite. Though the game's generally easy enough that if you're not doing them, getting even middling relics will make you relatively OP for the majority of content anyway.

Also, looking at the renewal banners, I've murdered the same bosses over and over again many times over, so they're certainly not above doing any type of resets.

I think at the end of the day, if you're enjoying what you're doing, whether it's magicite or otherwise, keep it going as long as you want. I find some of them pretty fun and some of them a huge chore. But it really depends on how good your relics are.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i just burn sealion down once every day for major ice orbs if I'm at keystone capacity

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

W.T. Fits posted:

On the other hand, we could've had Beowulf. Or Reis. Or Worker 8. Or Cloud (FFT). :v:

I really want all these in the future.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mirthless posted:

alma?

really?

i know they're stretching for characters at this point but you'd think they'd have gone with a previously playable character (argath) or somebody who was ever combat adjacent (wiegraf, eldmor) at any point in the game

Alma is exactly as playable as Argath is. Neither is ever directly controllable but they're both guest characters. And Alma is actually plot-relevant.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
It's kinda weird how few summon abilities there are in the game considering ffrk considers it a main category like combat or black magic. We don't even have 5* summons for ice or fire yet.

I'd like to see them do more utility summons like kirin, who's gotten much more useful lately. Or hell, persistent summons like magicites that stick around.

I'd like a proshellga summon that only lasts a little while instead of most of the match. Make it quick cast so its obviously meant to survive a first round rng.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Im really surprised wiegraf isnt in

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Alma makes sense, most of the other final bosses are also recruitable.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Flavahbeast posted:

Im really surprised wiegraf isnt in

I think the issue with someone like Wiegraf is that we already have Agrias, Delita, and Orlandu

FFT is lousy w/ Knight/Spellblade types, whereas characters like Alma (or the aforementioned Reis or Worker 8) would allow them to do something different or fill niches that are empty in that realm

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

What is Alma's FFRK skill set, anyway?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
White 5, Summon 5, Black 4, Bard 3.

Legend Spheres are White focused, getting a Dualcast White LM2.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

wizard on a water slide posted:

I think the issue with someone like Wiegraf is that we already have Agrias, Delita, and Orlandu

FFT is lousy w/ Knight/Spellblade types, whereas characters like Alma (or the aforementioned Reis or Worker 8) would allow them to do something different or fill niches that are empty in that realm

An FFTA2 event could get us a bard (Hurdy) and a thief (Adelle) Although Luso would probably end up being a knight...

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

There is another tactics banner about the same amount of time after OK as OK is after FFTA (assuming they keep the same order) that is arguably better. Someone was telling me about it on discord. It trades Gaffgarion and Ovelia relics for Orlandeau and Meliadoul. It still has most of Ramza's stuff (loses chant), but in general I think the grouping of the relics on the banners is quite a bit better.

It's worth looking into, and it also means you'll get a break between OK and tactics one way or the other.

FFTA Event
Alma FFT event

Ehhn. /vague hand gesture

On one hand, the Alma banners have better characters (as you stated), on the other hand I feel like the distribution if you're looking for Marche/Ramza/Agrias is a lot worse. In particular, Ramza's items are spread across the two banners, and Agrias is basically the sole show of power on Banner 2 outside of Montblanc's Quasi-Raines BSB. And honestly, Alma's relics (on B1) aren't really that much better than Ovelia's.

Alma might be stronger overall, but FFTA Banner 1 is just so stacked with "the good relics" of that event that I'd pull on the latter before the former.

Cattail Prophet posted:

What is Alma's FFRK skill set, anyway?

White 5/Summon 5/Black 4/Bard 3, Rods/Staffs/Instruments/Light Armor/Robes. She basically fills the same niche, skill-wise, as Yuna or Garnet.

e:f;b :saddowns::arghfist:

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

KataraniSword posted:

Ehhn. /vague hand gesture

On one hand, the Alma banners have better characters (as you stated), on the other hand I feel like the distribution if you're looking for Marche/Ramza/Agrias is a lot worse. In particular, Ramza's items are spread across the two banners, and Agrias is basically the sole show of power on Banner 2 outside of Montblanc's Quasi-Raines BSB. And honestly, Alma's relics (on B1) aren't really that much better than Ovelia's.

Alma might be stronger overall, but FFTA Banner 1 is just so stacked with "the good relics" of that event that I'd pull on the latter before the former.

White 5/Summon 5/Black 4/Bard 3, Rods/Staffs/Instruments/Light Armor/Robes. She basically fills the same niche, skill-wise, as Yuna or Garnet.

e:f;b :saddowns::arghfist:

I am hard up for Orlandeau relics, so I prefer Alma 1, but either way works. I will probably throw a pull at FFTA 1 anyhow, because I won't be able to resist with the renewal mythril.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mithross posted:

I am hard up for Orlandeau relics, so I prefer Alma 1, but either way works. I will probably throw a pull at FFTA 1 anyhow, because I won't be able to resist with the renewal mythril.

Yeah, if you don't have anything for Cid then the banner with his two ultra-busted relics (his USB and OSB) is absolutely worth focusing on. I just feel like there's more "consolation prizes" on that banner than FFTA1.

More consistent top line, but also broader bottom line, basically.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I love that Alma's USB is the one actual skill she gets in FFT.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Well, with IX I'm now at 358/510 available mythril from the renewal dungeons.

If only they spaced these out just a little bit more as my progress through them appears to fall further and further behind each day :(

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Zurai posted:

Alma is exactly as playable as Argath is. Neither is ever directly controllable but they're both guest characters. And Alma is actually plot-relevant.

Yeah I forgot about her guest maps, my bad

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Ramza's sister is cool and good and nobody should complain about her but I agree that we could get better characters like Beowulf and Reis and the robit man but having a Summoner 5 will be really nice.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Orran is the best character. Galaxy Stop!

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.
Thanks to these Rebirth events, I was just able to finally hone Ultra Cure to Rank 5.

Curaja is now completely obsolete for single-healer fights.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Uncle Ulty posted:

Thanks to these Rebirth events, I was just able to finally hone Ultra Cure to Rank 5.

Curaja is now completely obsolete for single-healer fights.

:goonsay: technically not because if you don't need the status purge from ultra cure, curaja casts faster

(this is being changed at some point in the future or maybe in the past and i missed it idk)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Thundercracker posted:

It's kinda weird how few summon abilities there are in the game considering ffrk considers it a main category like combat or black magic. We don't even have 5* summons for ice or fire yet.

Lemme tell you, blindly churning through levels and running into Diamond Weapon with a full-physical team was (not) a hoot.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I looked at the upcoming banners and the second FF3 event, second Tactics event, and second IX event look the most interesting to me.

Specifically, Vivi and Thundergod's double cast USBs, Marche's party fastcast USB, and OK's USBs.

Vivi USB is available earlier but the rest of the banner looks worse. I don't have any dupes on the Thundergod banner so I can safely throw a couple of pulls there.

The XII event is also tempting. I have no dupes on the first banner and I'd really like Ashe and Vann's USB. I'm pleasantly surprised their BSBs aren't on the same banner.

Are there any other really good banners people are looking forward to?

Edit:

Bruceski posted:

Lemme tell you, blindly churning through levels and running into Diamond Weapon with a full-physical team was (not) a hoot.

I just did this! I wasn't even paying attention since it was auto-battling so I'm not sure how long my team was ineffectively swinging at it.

Luckily my magicite was able to solo it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

Orran is the best character. Galaxy Stop!

This needs to be his USB and it needs to be something ridiculous like hastega and party instant cast 3.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I looked at the upcoming banners and the second FF3 event, second Tactics event, and second IX event look the most interesting to me.

Specifically, Vivi and Thundergod's double cast USBs, Marche's party fastcast USB, and OK's USBs.

Vivi USB is available earlier but the rest of the banner looks worse. I don't have any dupes on the Thundergod banner so I can safely throw a couple of pulls there.

The XII event is also tempting. I have no dupes on the first banner and I'd really like Ashe and Vann's USB. I'm pleasantly surprised their BSBs aren't on the same banner.

Are there any other really good banners people are looking forward to?.

The next XIV event has some good stuff - Ysayle's USB is an arguably better version of Ashe's (and on a slightly rarer element), and recurrences of all the good stuff like Alphinaud USB, Papalymo BSB, etc.

Rydia also has some merit in the next IV event since she gets two Water-focused relics and a +Water armour for her LMR. Considering how rare Water mages are she's worth a consideration if you're not going to Ninja/Tidus your way through Marilith.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

ApplesandOranges posted:

The next XIV event has some good stuff - Ysayle's USB is an arguably better version of Ashe's (and on a slightly rarer element), and recurrences of all the good stuff like Alphinaud USB, Papalymo BSB, etc.

Rydia also has some merit in the next IV event since she gets two Water-focused relics and a +Water armour for her LMR. Considering how rare Water mages are she's worth a consideration if you're not going to Ninja/Tidus your way through Marilith.

I don't have any dupes on the XIV banner so I'll look into how much mythril I can allocate. I know it is irrational since many of the old relics are outdated, but it feels good going after Ashe and Vaan's USB since I already have their OSB+BSB.

I was considering the X banner for water coverage since I already have Buttz USB and I'm already leaning towards physical water coverage. Two water USBs and a water imperil are nice but the bad relics on the banner are, in typical X fashion, really bad. I was also kinda hoping Vivi USB + legend dive could cover my waterelemental needs.

I'm looking at upcoming banners since I heard the 3rd anniversary fest requires 450 mythril if you want to pull each banner once.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I don't have any dupes on the XIV banner so I'll look into how much mythril I can allocate. I know it is irrational since many of the old relics are outdated, but it feels good going after Ashe and Vaan's USB since I already have their OSB+BSB.

I was considering the X banner for water coverage since I already have Buttz USB and I'm already leaning towards physical water coverage. Two water USBs and a water imperil are nice but the bad relics on the banner are, in typical X fashion, really bad. I was also kinda hoping Vivi USB + legend dive could cover my waterelemental needs.

I'm looking at upcoming banners since I heard the 3rd anniversary fest requires 450 mythril if you want to pull each banner once.

Vivi USB will cover a lot of elemental needs, but it's also highly dependent on hones - you'll need Meltdown as well as Chain Waterga/Thundaga/Blizzaga, and it won't cover Dark/Holy. You can create a highly honed Flare if you don't mind losing out on some damage, though; the Enfire from the USB will mean that a strong Flare + Meltdown will serve him well for everything bar Marilith.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Any JP peeps have an opinion on Sephiroth's USB?

I got his BSB2/OSB during the fest and I was wondering if it was worth it to pursue the LMR/USB.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Any JP peeps have an opinion on Sephiroth's USB?

I got his BSB2/OSB during the fest and I was wondering if it was worth it to pursue the LMR/USB.

Well, it's very strong. I can't find the video now, but someone did 1,000,000 in one move with it (with a ton of setup including getting a dark chain up, etc.). But the point was, he was able to do 10 hits of 99,999 damage, which is crazy.

Edit: I was wrong, it was 1.5 million damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronXvkXnySc

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

Well, it's very strong. I can't find the video now, but someone did 1,000,000 in one move with it (with a ton of setup including getting a dark chain up, etc.). But the point was, he was able to do 10 hits of 99,999 damage, which is crazy.

Edit: I was wrong, it was 1.5 million damage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ronXvkXnySc

4375 Mythril

That's that whale guy who never pulls with mythril.

• Locked thread