Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Apparently had a 3.69 KD thru 98 games of IB lool 4.45 KAD but that's not a cool number so it can gently caress right off.

Crucible is fun but not compelling outside trying to best myself, but that's a stressful way to play, ultimately. Gonna be interested in that Crucible Radio episode and anything revealed there. Given how the reveals of the stream seem to directly address a lot of player feedback, hopefully Crucible is getting an equal amount of love coming up. 4v4 will be fine for me if everything else around it gets fixed, but I would probably cherish a 6s playlist if the games supported the play properly. Idk, they have a fuckload of work ahead of them but I'm hopeful :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Imma be honest here.

The Ausgoon Crew is hysterically fun to play with, but it will leave you wanting to emigrate.

Edit - Some even have parrots. I’ll begin work on some tiny headsets - I’m pretty sure my birds are smarter than most Bone players.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

bone krew had a racist crow owner for a bit.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

Sorry, what

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

xzzy posted:

Watch Destiny 3 come out in three years and go back to 4v4 and stories leak out that the dev team had no idea the live team put 6v6 back in for D2.

destiny 3 will somehow turn into asymmetric 1v4 like that one monster game or that other spooky slasher game or that jason game

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bone krew has a very rich and varied lore

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yes...it does....

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Yeah no I get that it’s like JRR Moist’s Lord of the Cones over there but someone’s gonna need to break me off a piece of that Silmarillion thanks

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah no I get that it’s like JRR Moist’s Lord of the Cones over there but someone’s gonna need to break me off a piece of that Silmarillion thanks

We were playing something with this person, they blurt out a racial slur out of nowhere, the party goes up in hysterics as this person tries to apologize profusely.
They also owned a bird that you could hear screaming in crystal clear clarity

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

xzzy posted:

wait was the owner racist or was the crow racist?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

LordAbaddon posted:

wait was the owner racist or was the crow racist?

Probably

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Was his name Jim?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Insane Totoro posted:

Was his name Jim?
It is now.

Captain Log posted:

Yes...it does....

Lmao, the legend.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

For a brief period of time, a racist Crow had a controlling ownership interest in Bone Krew LLC

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

For a brief period of time, a racist Crow had a controlling ownership interest in Bone Krew LLC

You say 'had' as if it ever lost control.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's Jim Crow, the crow that plays Destiny.
<5 seconds later>
We regret to inform you that Jim Crow is racist.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
is there any intention of having the ship/sparrow kiosks come back? if they cycle out of circulation forever it would be super weird if you have no way of getting back stuff that you get rid of, considering how premium space is already.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there any intention of having the ship/sparrow kiosks come back? if they cycle out of circulation forever it would be super weird if you have no way of getting back stuff that you get rid of, considering how premium space is already.

I feel like no:

if you dismantle a ship or sparrow or ghost or shader that came from a bright engram, you get some bright dust. Kiosks letting you pull out a copy would interfere with that:

we'll assume that bungie can make it so that a kiosk ship or w/e doesn't give bright dust, only the original ship from the engram, that'd be the most obvious issue. Now, we honestly shouldn't assume they can do because it's bungie and databases are hard, but assuming even if they could:

letting you pull out a copy from the kiosk means you can dismantle the original from the engram to get some dust back with no regrets. Bungie wants there to be an opportunity cost- you're choosing to keep something or get rid of it and get some dust. They don't want you to get some dust AND keep it too, I figure.

They could remove the dust on dismantle but I think that people would complain. Like I can see the reddit post now "I'm punished by not getting dust for dismantling stuff I don't want in order to buy stuff I do want just because some nerd wants a kiosk of stuff that sucks and doesn't matter???" You know. but this is what I could see them most likely doing if they did introduce kiosks.

Or they could make it so that you can only pull a copy out of the kiosk if you have the original still, which... would defeat the whole purpose of the kiosk so nvm that actually.

Or actually the simplest would be to reduce the amount of dust on dismantle and/or jack the prices up, so that the kind of mini-bonus of dust you'd get whenever getting something new doesn't mean as much, you know? but that runs into the above problem I think.

or maybe I'm overthinking this.

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Oct 21, 2017

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

just make it so there’s a cost associated with pulling it from the kiosk, like 10 dust or something. boom

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Legs Benedict posted:

just make it so there’s a cost associated with pulling it from the kiosk, like 10 dust or something. boom
Then you'd still be getting hundreds of free dust every bright engram with nothing lost.

They'd have to make it cost the amount of bright dust you got for dismantling it or else there's no reason not to immediately dismantle everything and buy it back.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Whats the go to stratergy for the part of guantlet where everyone has to run.

My team splits into pairs and runs left middle and right and grab alternate orbs but it seems to be more luck than anything when we finish and we never get more than three people through.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

hitchensgoespop posted:

My team splits into pairs and runs left middle and right and grab alternate orbs but it seems to be more luck than anything when we finish and we never get more than three people through.

We just have everyone run wherever, but make sure to call out when you need to recharge, and call out what orb you're going for.

As long as you're not playing with idiots, it's really simple. Basically, if you grab an orb, you skip the next one to let someone else grab one.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Roman posted:

Some ok info but we're not going to really know what the future game will look like until the November twitch streams. The Crucible lead guy is going to be on the Crucible Radio podcast soon.

Here's a decent summary of the Twitchcon stream with some screenshots
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/77q1de/destiny_live_twitch_reveal_seasons/

This actively confirms my worst fear that bungie doesn't actually want me to play d2 literally all the time

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You do realize you'll need ascendant tokens for the DLC, right

Radiant.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bye Felicia team, welcome back rear end eating Chad team

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Decide amongst yourselves:

2 people grab an orb every single time.
2 people grab orbs 1, 3, and 5
2 people grab orbs 2 and 4

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

echronorian posted:

This actively confirms my worst fear that bungie doesn't actually want me to play d2 literally all the time

Wow how terrible

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

hitchensgoespop posted:

we do group 1 and group 2. group 1 grabs orbs at the 1st and 3rd gates, group 2 grabs at the 2nd gate. At the 4th gate it's first come first serve, it takes less than 30 seconds to complete after the 3rd gate, so you should be okay if people die at that point.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

el B posted:

Decide amongst yourselves:

2 people grab an orb every single time.
2 people grab orbs 1, 3, and 5
2 people grab orbs 2 and 4

The one time I did it: we all just ran and some folks grabbed orbs when jumping through the holes and 3 of us made it, the end.

We were prolly lucky as hell.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

and to think this time 3 years ago people were speed grinding multiples of a class in order to run the NF and have a chance at getting marginally closer to "raid ready".

then didnt have enough tokens and called it bullshit for 8 months till bungo fixed it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Your team is probably already split into 2 squads naturally, either by which runner they’re supporting or which station pair they’re assigned to. We just alternate team sundog and team axecup around the ring.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Can someone fill me in on the cayde chest lockout?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

el B posted:

Don't collect things too fast or Clyde's Chests will drop nothing

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

Destiny 2, game of the year, is so insanely good that if you get a bunch of poo poo from chests or resources in a short time span, you eventually get "locked" out of receiving any loot the next chest pull until the timer expires.

It's to keep hardcore players from grabbing too many recourses too quickly. Because Bungie is all about keeping it casual and chill, they leveled the playing field here.

Cayde chests give you a lot of loot sometimes, so if you grab a second one quickly you might just get nothing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

It's extremely dumb because there's a limited amount of those loving things you can buy a week so why even put them on the same lockout

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I lost two chest this week so I'm grumpy

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
How long is the recommended wait time between opening chests? If I'm only there to grab the five, or however many, and ONLY grab those chests, will I be OK?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

All my Cayde chests had blue gear in them. I love spending 20K glimmer on nothing each week!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sometimes the engrams from cayde's chests don't actually pop out, they just kind of poo poo out the back and you can't see them because they're concealed by the lid. But if you walk around behind the chest you might catch a glimpse.