Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Hahahahahhahahahahhahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since I had been complaining a whole lot about shipments taking several days on average in the US, I was extremely stocked to get back to Germany, where logistics are easily a matter of 24 hours and something you order pre-noon has a pretty good chance of arriving the next day even without express shipment options.

So, naturally, the first very first thing I buy since returning cannot be fulfilled by the inner-German Amazon distribution centers and is now being dispatched from Gidy in loving France :cripes:

Don't feel too bad about that. Germany is one of the bigger pains in my rear end to ship anything to, because UPS sucks at addresses. Half the poo poo I ship to Germany comes back with an address error. I would push for DHL to handle our European deliveries, but they can take up to a week to pick up a package here, if they're following their pick up schedules. Our DHL driver is a cute little german chick with enough of an accent to be adorable though.

I've literally sent the same box of dog protein supplements three times. It's gone all the way to Germany and back all three times. Pretty sure we've refunded that purchase by now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
So my interview yesterday was for a two month internship next June and July.

And the first person that interviewed me was a senior partner with the firm who thought he was interviewing me for a job.

So I may get a job instead of an internship.

Honestly I was considering turning down a two month internship because it just wouldn't be cost effective but I'll definitely take a job if they offer one.

The only issue is I would need to take night classes to get CPA certified and get my masters.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Oct 21, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
If you actually *like* accounting there's like an infinite amount of work in this region. Well probably any region really, but here in particular.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
There's a slew of avenues to take within this company that go outside of traditional accounting that I would be interested in pursuing after I make senior in two years, which is one of the reasons this company has been my top choice for several months now. The CPA is just my foot in the door. You get bonuses for each certification you obtain ($10,000 for passing the CPA on the first try and $5000 for second try, every try after that plus any additional certification is up to $2500).

They don't offer many performance bonuses but you get paid for hourly work over 40 hours on top of your salary, so I've heard people say that depending on the client, you can come out way ahead of a performance based traditional bonus structure.

The consulting work and budget management they do for different agencies is probably where I would try to go after I hit senior. There seems to be a lot of flexibility in career path which is really enticing. They also do IT work which I'm not interested in but seems to have the highest ceiling until you start getting to executive roles within the company.

E: AND one thing they offer that I haven't seen elsewhere is the chance to get security clearances, which opens up a bunch of doors outside the company.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Oct 21, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmqOV4JkRcs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imiKqYD3bXw

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Superman is Charles Brandon from 'The Tudors'

I just realised that lol

E: You can buy medicinal weed extract for you vape now too... i live in the future. Pretty good...

Spacman fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 21, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since I had been complaining a whole lot about shipments taking several days on average in the US, I was extremely stocked to get back to Germany, where logistics are easily a matter of 24 hours and something you order pre-noon has a pretty good chance of arriving the next day even without express shipment options.

So, naturally, the first very first thing I buy since returning cannot be fulfilled by the inner-German Amazon distribution centers and is now being dispatched from Gidy in loving France :cripes:

A country the size of a US state has better logistics and faster shipping than one the size of the US who knew

Lol next you’re going to tell me their public transportation is great

Anyways my point is those that complain about shipping/mail times in the US need to look outside of Western Europe for comparisons, it’s pretty good here tbh

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 21, 2017

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Spacman posted:

Superman is Charles Brandon from 'The Tudors'

I just realised that lol

E: You can buy medicinal weed extract for you vape now too... i live in the future. Pretty good...

You can just buy wax or shatter and stick it in a coil burner vape pen. The distillates are still floating around twice the price of hash here.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You can just buy wax or shatter and stick it in a coil burner vape pen. The distillates are still floating around twice the price

I just got a script for medicinal oil, so I stick it in my vape and get high. As a vet I pay $6.30 every time I fill my script...

Living in the future...

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
You fuckers ready for Halloween? I sure am.

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
At the pumpkin farm with the wife, kid and neighbor kid. Wife and I are playing lovely white kid name bingo. I'm up 2-0 so far with two girls named McDonough and mckeyleigh.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

McNally posted:

:stare:

Woah.

Edit: I'm going to be a fat guy who already ate all his halloween candy and leaves the lights out for Halloween.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Godholio posted:

:stare:

Woah.

Edit: I'm going to be a fat guy who already ate all his halloween candy and leaves the lights out for Halloween.

You're supposed to be something different for Halloween; dressing up as yourself is a lame fuckin cop-out

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I'm just gonna be playing shootboats or shootmans anyway. I live in basically a retirement community anyway.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Godholio posted:

I'm just gonna be playing shootboats or shootmans anyway. I live in basically a retirement community anyway.
I bought one of those oculus things, gently caress shootermans I'm a dude in a colluseum with a shield on my left arm and one of those spikey mace on a chain things in my right hand wrecking poo poo all day.

Sooooo gooood

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I just watched the first episode of The Orville and I never thought I would see a west coast enlisted star trek

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

McNally posted:

That's really well done. Mind elaborating on what all you did for it?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

redneck nazgul posted:

That's really well done. Mind elaborating on what all you did for it?

I bought someone else's pack on eBay, took a Dremel to it to make room for an electronics kit I'd purchased, and then put it together.

I installed a speaker, drilled holes for sound to pass through the back, and drilled a hole for the battery leads so I wouldn't have to open the shell to charge the battery. The battery is externally mounted. Ideally I'll never have to open it up again.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Third World Reggin posted:

I just watched the first episode of The Orville and I never thought I would see a west coast enlisted star trek

It gets better.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

McNally posted:

Which ghostbuster are you going to be? This is important.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

ONE oval office WOLF PACK posted:

Which ghostbuster are you going to be? This is important.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Would.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

I'm actually going as a gender-swapped Ghostbuster. Nobody expects male Ghostbusters.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Nice matey. Looks good.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

McNally posted:

I'm actually going as a gender-swapped Ghostbuster. Nobody expects male Ghostbusters.

Your entire getup is awesome.

I’d love to go all out for Halloween and come up with some crazy costume one of these years. This year, I’m wearing a navy blazer, khakis and some old body armor I have with KUSH scrawled in Sharpie across some duct tape.
I’m going as Jared Kushner on his big War Adventure.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
I go balls-out on Halloween*. Previous years have included WWII fighter pilot, TOS-movie era Star Trek uniform, Vietnam-era fighter pilot, and Dr. McNinja.

Nothing will ever top Halloween 2009, though, when I dressed as a US Army soldier and went to Iraq to do it.

*not literally

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMW_dPtm7Bo

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Stephen Moore sends his regards.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Never watched all of Daredevil or Luke Cage, but I'll probably watch the poo poo outta this.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I'm still there dude. Parked up in Denarau
Having a bbq on the aft deck (not the poop deck McNally) with the crew before heading out to watch the all blacks mop the floor with Australia and it's my birthday tomorrow so we are taking a special fishing trip

Life owns

Hbd two finga

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
daredevil is good

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I'd love to do a dog/owner themed costume but I'm at a loss

i was thinking mariachis. Get the proper outfit for myself and just do that every year. Saw some mariachi themed dog costumes, maybe get a little toy trumpet to strap to his back lmao

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Vasudus posted:

daredevil is good

Daredevil s1 and Jessica Jones are both very good. Luke Cage has some great music and is almost as good, but has problems with interesting villains. Defenders is interesting and worth a watch but holy poo poo was Iron Fist bad.

I'll watch Punisher but I hope the Metallica in the trailer is the last I'll have to hear

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

hell yeah Daredevil owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBbD5SCND3M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nnOcgElmMc

early 2000 was a weird time for cinema. Can't really hide under the guise of 90 cheese anymore at that point

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I'd love to do a dog/owner themed costume but I'm at a loss

i was thinking mariachis. Get the proper outfit for myself and just do that every year. Saw some mariachi themed dog costumes, maybe get a little toy trumpet to strap to his back lmao

Mad max and his dawg.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Mad max and his dawg.

gently caress, this could work. I wear knee/shin guards sometimes when I ride and people always said it gave a Mad Max vibe. So I got one piece. Oh and the dog part i guess

er, do people get mad about gun props? Outside of the obvious public schools etc. I mean yeah around spooky time no one says poo poo, but with everything going on...

Just don't want to get jumped if I walk into a bar with a toy shotgun

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Oh god all the loving sand in the house is giving me a panic attack good luck cleaning that poo poo up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

gently caress, this could work. I wear knee/shin guards sometimes when I ride and people always said it gave a Mad Max vibe. So I got one piece. Oh and the dog part i guess

er, do people get mad about gun props? Outside of the obvious public schools etc. I mean yeah around spooky time no one says poo poo, but with everything going on...

Just don't want to get jumped if I walk into a bar with a toy shotgun

Just carry a wrench or skip that part.

• Locked thread