Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Corrode posted:

Blood Angels per the index

Ah. Blood Angels.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Last chance if anyone else wants me to grab them a Primaris Captain. Shoot me a PM.

My shop has them t 33 USD so like, if you miss out now shot me a PM i guess.

Stephenls posted:

This post confuses me because the 8th edition codex doesn’t seem to say jump packs are an option for company vets.

EDIT: In fact, I can’t find a single unit that can equip that combination of gear. Company vets can’t take jump packs, vanguard vets can’t take meltas, and assault marines can’t take storm shields.

Look, it's been answered but I find hat if they don't get their charge off then they just die. On top of that shooty armies will just withdraw and blow your rear end right out of the water.

8th might be in favor of hordes.. its not in favor of assaults;

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

:catstare:

I mean I’ll be sad if Dire Avengers turn out to be 13, but I suspect I’ll be making the points back on everything else because hot drat. My ancient, converted wave serpent with fixed starcannons isn’t even such a terrible idea any more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DiHK posted:

My shop has them t 33 USD so like, if you miss out now shot me a PM i guess.

I meant the special birthday Primaris with plasma pistol and power fist.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
A spooky metal skeleton man:

A fresh christmas goose to whoever guesses the base material. Hints: there is no paint involved and I am from Australia

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
am i eligible for this contest? i've never eaten goose. sounds gross but i'll eat any bird

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
is it tree bark?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Phyresis posted:

am i eligible for this contest? i've never eaten goose. sounds gross but i'll eat any bird

Don't be a tankie cheater

Texmo posted:

is it tree bark?

It is not.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

A spooky skeleton flyer man also. Same basing question quiz is in effect.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

i wish i could shoot them down with Eldar Superiority™ but you know, half a planet away

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

a cock shaped fruit posted:

A spooky metal skeleton man:

A fresh christmas goose to whoever guesses the base material. Hints: there is no paint involved and I am from Australia

Is it a cork floor tile from a house on Ramsey Street?

(nice metalman)

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I've got it. Crushed up Tim Tam.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Would it be okay to proxy my iron hands as that eldar craftworld that gets the iron hands trait on everything instead of just infantry and dreads

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

chutche2 posted:

Would it be okay to proxy my iron hands as that eldar craftworld that gets the iron hands trait on everything instead of just infantry and dreads

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I've got it. Crushed up Tim Tam.

richyp posted:

Is it a cork floor tile from a house on Ramsey Street?

(nice metalman)

Man this is some aussie poo poo right here.

Answer It's soil/sand from the base of Uluru.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Phyresis posted:

HEY

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down

Fixed this

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

i love you

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

Phyresis posted:

...Hemlock Wraithfighters are a bit cheaper, and their guns are S12 now up from S10...

This is a change that pretty much only makes them more effective against things that are T6. So, really, they just wanted to be sure that Eldar a bit better against Tyranids.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Here's a bitchin picture I found in my archive:

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Master Twig posted:

This is a change that pretty much only makes them more effective against things that are T6. So, really, they just wanted to be sure that Eldar a bit better against Tyranids.

...I loving hate how plausible this sounds. The major gripe in 7th was how utterly overpowered Eldar were, and the second was how little they cost for such power. Literally no combination of point expenditures from Nids could possibly match the battlefield effectiveness of massed D-scythes, D-cannons, scatbikes, super-heavies, and killer psychic buffs. I'm terribly nervous to discover what the Tyranids codex holds against this sort of thing, since my big bugs are the staying power while my cultist mans get all sneaky and hopefully stab something before being sneezed off the table.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

panascope posted:

Here's a bitchin picture I found in my archive:

"these loving guys"

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

This is pretty much why I'm going Japanese for my Bolt Action army. All the fanaticism, nationalism, and racial purity without the white guilt!

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Yeah but also Unit 731

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, there's a reason people in that part of the world generally respond to the rising sun in much the same way a European would respond to a swastika.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Almost as if people who use the symbols of real-world fascist bastards on their plastic space-war barbies are enormous assholes?

:thunk:

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The chaos rhino set has the the worst assembly instructions, the pages randomly swap between the rhino and the predator without telling (the box has no pred bits either) and I have an entire sprue of decorations with no instructions either :psyduck:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Tiger Millionaire posted:

The chaos rhino set has the the worst assembly instructions, the pages randomly swap between the rhino and the predator without telling (the box has no pred bits either) and I have an entire sprue of decorations with no instructions either :psyduck:

The decorations go on however you want

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Does anyone have the link to the GW page updating the index space marine chapters to being able to take Primaris?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Does anyone have the link to the GW page updating the index space marine chapters to being able to take Primaris?

https://www.games-workshop.com/reso...4_July_29th.pdf

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Hemlock Wraithfighters are 11 points cheaper.

Twin shuriken catapults actually cost 5 points, making the cheapest Windriders 23 points per model. As I stated before, both shuriken cannons and scatter lasers cost 10 points now, for reference. I still like the shurican flavor best.

I've been tinkering with some preliminary lists and it's great how you can actually, you know, bring the stuff you need for a real list now

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
Agree that the changes are much needed (things were bonkers overpriced before) but they may have gone a little far in the case of some long-range firepower options, especially given the Alaitoc trait. No more than Imperial Guard though - I just hope Tyranids are on a par.

I'm by no means as hung up on this as some internet-ers seem to be (dakkadakka is loving hilarious right now) but I play IG and Eldar; I don't want to be shunned by my peers. That's more of a perception thing though, I don't think my Eldar army is what people generally think of when they imagine the force which has consistently been the top army in the game (competitively speaking; often other armies have been up there as well, but except for a bit of late 5th Ed, Eldar have been absolutely gold standard)

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Dakka is melting down so hard about IG it's incredible to watch. There's probably less regular posters than this thread has, across an entire forum all going round in the same circle of shouting IG ARE OVERPOWERED, NO THEY'RE NOT, YES THEY ARE plus that one old dude who I'm convinced is a sex tourist who literally posts about how young people are decadent and ruining everything which is why 40k sucks. Oh and the guy with the fetish for Baneblade chassis.

So far I think the codexes are like IG=Eldar=CSM > SM=DG > GK=AdMech, but the gap between the bottom of that and the top isn't enormous. Index armies are mostly one-dimensional rather than outright bad, what I mostly hope for from Orks/Tyranids/Tau is that they improve the internal balance considerably.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Corrode posted:

Dakka is melting down so hard about IG it's incredible to watch. There's probably less regular posters than this thread has, across an entire forum all going round in the same circle of shouting IG ARE OVERPOWERED, NO THEY'RE NOT, YES THEY ARE plus that one old dude who I'm convinced is a sex tourist who literally posts about how young people are decadent and ruining everything which is why 40k sucks. Oh and the guy with the fetish for Baneblade chassis.

jfc, 'Hams are wild.

Y'just gotta link us some of the juiciest bits now, c'mon.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Corrode posted:

So far I think the codexes are like IG=Eldar=CSM > SM=DG > GK=AdMech, but the gap between the bottom of that and the top isn't enormous. Index armies are mostly one-dimensional rather than outright bad, what I mostly hope for from Orks/Tyranids/Tau is that they improve the internal balance considerably.

Yeah, lack of depth is the big problem with index armies right now. Quite a few of the updated Eldar units would still be fairly shallow if not for the new stratagems, craftworld traits & psychic powers. Things like Webway Assault, Linked Fire, and Fire and Fade all open up new tactics and give reasons to bring units you may not normally consider. I can't wait to see what combos will be possible with the Tyranid codex. I'm also curious to see what GW do with Chapter Approved too (GSC especially), as they promised to add some extra stopgap rules for armies without codexes.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Baneblade guy owns

i like the guy that's been backpedaling like mad because he was 181% sure that the Craftworld attribute picture leak was fake

the new Eldar stratagems are so good. So drat good

do people not realize that literally every Eldar Codex is one of the best in every edition? They were only mediocre in 5th cuz they didn't get a book

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
The only thing I require from the ork release is a nob bikers box with optional assembly options for a Warboss/Big Mek/Painboy. The kult of speed is so ingrained to orks that I really hope they just don't drop biker options like they did with chaos and space marines

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

SteelMentor posted:

jfc, 'Hams are wild.

Y'just gotta link us some of the juiciest bits now, c'mon.

Sex tourist dude (I admit I only think of him this way because he's an old dude who lives in South Korea):

On whether Kevin Rountree has been a bonus to GW:

quote:

Dunno how this became a thread about sprues and modifications but, sure, why not.
Yup.
Another reason that second ed was and remains the bestest.

As for the main idea behind this thread, I would have been more inclined to agree just as SWA was coming out.
Now... not so much.
Bait and switch, power creep, holier than holy rules systems, just more blech and meh.
Sure, some nice kits, that aren't very customizable (hence, the sprue spin-off) and that are pretty expensive (some, especially).
SOME reaching out to customers, but then again ITC is not my brand of game-play so I might not be their target "consumer"...

GW under Roundtree HAS seemed to correct course, but not enough in my opinion and perhaps this ship has sailed.
GW is driven by marketing and accounting first, design second (for valuable IP solely, seems like) and enthusiasts last.
This much has not changed - guess it won't.
So, in the end, my position is the same as in regards any profit-over-people corporation -
'em before they you.
Until Roundtree repays loyalty with loyalty, recasters and torrents are fair game imho.

On whether converting is "over" or not:

quote:

Totally agree.
:soapbox: warning.
I find it not only the model kits and the producers, but the generation having been raised on collectible card games by companies that want to sell a product for every niche then manufacture the rules to push sales of just those products.
Being brought up in that environment, and with some other factors, kids (yes, even 25 year old people are 'kids') are also generally less self-reliant, less creative (in the sense of actually making something from scratch, inventing coherent backgrounds that really stand up, demanding originality from themselves and holding this as a personal virtue) and more inclined to game the system, cheat, lie (yes, right, my experience) and generally live more shallow existences for less redeeming ends (yes, again, my own opinion, impale me for it).
Now, I may seem to be painting with a broad brush and I am, but I also recognize that the kids that have to live in this environment and aren't this way suffer in a really big way, just as many of us may have suffered trying hold up the pillars of the old world against the tides of human entropy in the slide to generation me me me.
Fact is, at least in the West, much of this can be painted with a broad brush as it is a systemic problem endemic to institutions and their mismanagement but I will leave it at that.
Again, my opinion.
So, GW and other companies not only aiming to profit in this environment, after having encouraged it to some degree, also now employ products of this environment and we enjoy (???) the results of a vicious circle, monopose masterpieces with neither the need nor the potential for creative recomposition natural to a different era, mine/ours(?), on my analysis because the idjits making the stuff don't see the virtue/profit in it.
OK, :soapbox: broken... :

The whole thread this one is from is gold, but I've pulled out this choice quote because it's so far up its own arse it's incredible. Note this was a response in the generic "are special characters too good?" thread that pops up once a week:

quote:

For me, 40k and wargaming in particular have deep virtues and offer a unique opportunity to practice meta-level discourse over rules by which all participants in said discourse are simultaneously bound, mirroring moral and ethical and legal discourses. IMHO people need more practice in this, especially, as is likely more than evident in rapidly fracturing Western civil society. Seriously deep stuff. And deemphasizing fast food army construction is one important facet of this... That is my take. Anyways, if you are interested in discussing more, then I will make time. Otherwise, I voted, I note the split in the "community", and I am doing what I can to move discourse in a civil manner toward making things clear. Right now, I have other things to get done...

Baneblade guy isn't really funny for specific quotables, he's just a guy who finds a way to interject about "my superheavy tank regiment" in literally any context. There was a funny one from before the Guard book dropped where he was agonising over which regiment rules to pick then declared that of course he would "stay loyal" to whichever one he eventually settled on, as if that was a thing a non-insane person would do.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Corrode posted:

quotes from shitheads

loving nerds getting so angry about plastic space barbies, it's times like this that we need SDW to make a return.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Corrode posted:

grog.exe

Oh man, simply magical :allears:.