Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

You have more faith in people than I do.

Edit: definitely not to steady the ladder..

Jaded Burnout fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Oct 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

The 2x4s might be there to keep the window away from under the eave so they could get it to a different part of the roof? Or to secure the ladder

If they were the case, then he would have rested the ladder against the eaves at the peak of the roof so both sides of the ladder would be supported properly, or just lift it up a side.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

TheMadMilkman posted:

That sink seems really low.

It was in the back of an old kindergarten classroom, so it came up to a little above my knee.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Jaded Burnout posted:

You have more faith in people than I do.

Edit: definitely not to steady the ladder..

That's better design and construction than the rest of the buildings in this thread.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Magic Hate Ball posted:

Assuming that's two hand held sprayers and at least three body sprayers, that's seven water sources pummeling your wealthy, nude body from all angles.

I think this arrangement is called the "Trump Special".

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

n0tqu1tesane posted:

You can wash your hands and poop at the same time.

Or have a sink to barf into while you poo poo your guts out.

I've had days where I wished my bathroom was laid out like that.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

n0tqu1tesane posted:

You can wash your hands and poop at the same time.

Or have a sink to barf into while you poo poo your guts out.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

My favorite layout has the bath tub right next to the toilet. I discovered the beauty of this configuration in college. Being able to lean over and effectively have the largest bucket in the house right there is quite useful for minimizing the mess.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

kid sinister posted:

If they were the case, then he would have rested the ladder against the eaves at the peak of the roof so both sides of the ladder would be supported properly, or just lift it up a side.

Nope. The ladder doesn't reach the peak of the roof from there looking at the screenshot and if you did it on the sides it would damage gutters

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

I bring you: the furnace in my rental.

No, there's no way to get a filter in without mangling it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I have my sink right next to the toilet and can confirm it comes in handy occasionally.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Collateral Damage posted:

I have my sink right next to the toilet and can confirm it comes in handy occasionally.

Truly, a man has not lived a full and meaningful life until he has simultaneously barfed and shat explosively.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I miss the toilet/sink combo on days like that. Now I just take a nap in our wet room shower.
We just have a "half-bath" single toilet downstairs so diva cups are also impossible. Unless I wash it out in the tank-top sink...

stump
Jan 19, 2006

spog posted:

Truly, a man has not lived a full and meaningful life until he has simultaneously barfed and shat explosively.

A good ‘ol Grand Slam.

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

peanut posted:

Unless I wash it out in the tank-top sink...

Oh god. Some Shining action for the next poor soul to use it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

spog posted:

Also known as "Bidirectional Gastrointestinal Distress"

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That sink/toilet looks like it's from an elementary school.

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

spog posted:

Does this go for women too?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

NancyPants posted:

If you time it right you can do three.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:

peanut posted:

Unless I wash it out in the tank-top sink...

This reminded me to dig up a photo of the thing I saw in a restaurant a while back.

The sink drains into the tank, and the faucet is controlled by the level valve thing in the tank. I think it was preset to "lukewarm" which was nice. The only downside was that if you need more wash time (unlikely, it flows for a while) you've gotta flush again.

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Javid posted:

This reminded me to dig up a photo of the thing I saw in a restaurant a while back.

The sink drains into the tank, and the faucet is controlled by the level valve thing in the tank. I think it was preset to "lukewarm" which was nice. The only downside was that if you need more wash time (unlikely, it flows for a while) you've gotta flush again.

Not uncommon in California, though I can't say I've seen it in a restaurant before

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

with bidet seat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

spog posted:

I've done this exactly once in my life, and it wasn't because I was hungover. I wish it was, but no. I was just so sick while sitting on the can that the smell of it alone made me puke, and so I grabbed my bucket and let it happen. Then I laughed like a maniac while crying in misery from the absurdity of it all.

But hey Finland won the ice hockey championship the day before so it was all worth it!

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

wolrah posted:

My favorite layout has the bath tub right next to the toilet. I discovered the beauty of this configuration in college. Being able to lean over and effectively have the largest bucket in the house right there is quite useful for minimizing the mess.

My toilet is right between the sink and the bathtub. The rest of my apartment might be (definitely is) crappy construction, but drat that bathroom is highly optimized for puking and making GBS threads at the same time.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

NancyPants posted:

Yes. Can confirm.

//edit for content
I managed not to throw up between being a baby and being a 20 year old, so when I woke up at 4am in my parents' guest room feeling really...off...I didn't know what to do. All I knew is I couldn't quit making GBS threads long enough to do anything else with the toilet, so I had to grab the trash can and use it as a barf receptacle.

My dad asked the next morning if I didn't know a person could throw up in the toilet, you know, for clean up reasons. I can't remember if I yelled at him or cried, but he only stopped apologizing for it a couple years ago. Apparently HE had never had the barf-shits before, the lucky bastard.

Dirt Road Junglist fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Oct 23, 2017

BonerGhost
Mar 9, 2007

Yes. Can confirm.

//edit for content
I managed not to throw up between being a baby and being a 20 year old, so when I woke up at 4am in my parents' guest room feeling really...off...I didn't know what to do. All I knew is I couldn't quit making GBS threads long enough to do anything else with the toilet, so I had to grab the trash can and use it as a barf receptacle.

My dad asked the next morning if I didn't know a person could throw up in the toilet, you know, for clean up reasons. I can't remember if I yelled at him or cried, but he only stopped apologizing for it a couple years ago. Apparently HE had never had the barf-shits before, the lucky bastard.

Gastroenteritis is a real bitch. I had it on two separate occasions in the last month and that was me: peeing from my butt and puking into a garbage can. The second time I either caused some trauma or exacerbated an existing ulcer because I started puking blood and had to go to the ER to get fluids because I just couldn't keep anything in me. Never been so sick in my life and never remotely so sick as an adult.

Protip: if you're in a dorm situation and they tell you something is going around, they're all getting it from the same food establishments. Make your own food.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

NancyPants posted:

Gastroenteritis is a real bitch. I had it on two separate occasions in the last month and that was me: peeing from my butt and puking into a garbage can. The second time I either caused some trauma or exacerbated an existing ulcer because I started puking blood and had to go to the ER to get fluids because I just couldn't keep anything in me. Never been so sick in my life and never remotely so sick as an adult.

Protip: if you're in a dorm situation and they tell you something is going around, they're all getting it from the same food establishments. Make your own food.

In general, if everyone has a stomach thing and they all ate at/from the same place, avoid that place and them for a while. Somehow my roommate made it to 30 years old without knowing that the biggest culprit in food-born illness is a virus, and was confused when I took away her cooking duty for a few days after she got food poisoning.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

It's probably the 'ol ptomaine theory of food poisoning cropping up. People used to think it was chemicals formed during decomposition that caused it rather than pathogens.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Well how else are you supposed to only have one tap at a time? :colbert:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

My friend lived in a waterfront house build like this and was almost this bad. When you stood in the living room it felt like you were going to roll forward and fall out the window the whole front of the house had sagged so much.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

My friend lived in a waterfront house build like this and was almost this bad. When you stood in the living room it felt like you were going to roll forward and fall out the window the whole front of the house had sagged so much.

My parents rented a house that was sagging in one corner. I stayed over one weekend and didn't notice it too much. Until I stumbled out of bed in the middle of the night to take a leak, and just kept stumbling all the way into the corner of the room.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

This is amazing.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Super 3 posted:

This is amazing.

The sad part is that it's so close to being done correctly. Like they got the general concept of "transfer the load from these joists through the posts to the ground" but just hosed up the execution.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.

Magnus Praeda posted:

The sad part is that it's so close to being done correctly. Like they got the general concept of "transfer the load from these joists through the posts to the ground" but just hosed up the execution.

'listen guys I've heard of this french cleat thing...'

edit: At first i thought they just did that to one of them. Like they hosed up one post and just decided to make do, then looking closer the one behind it is the same.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Quality post+av combo.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
At risk of sounding like a dipshit, but how would that be done properly? Why did they split like that?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I just tore the rusty swamp cooler off the house. It was a unit meant for the rooftop but adapted, via ductwork from the bottom of the cooler, 90 degrees, then up another 90, then a final 90 into a window. It wasn't very efficient. Neither was the lean-to shelf it was sitting on, made of untreated 2x4's and 3/4" OSB subfloor material, complete with tongue and grooves. The OSB had swollen to about 1-1/4", and the 2x4 posts were barely attached the wood was so rotten. Some of the platform could be poked through with a geriatrics' finger. There were also two chains providing auxillary support that were, to my eyes, decorative in nature. I was a little concerned when I found one was actually under tension.

It's nice having light through this window, I've never seen it in the 8 years that I've lived here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Yeonik posted:

At risk of sounding like a dipshit, but how would that be done properly? Why did they split like that?

http://www.deckmagazine.com/design-construction/framing/stronger-post-to-beam-connections_o

Check out the slideshow if you want to get more in depth, but you can have them on the side, but not notched like that, just use the proper hardware to mount it. Lots of different ways to do it.