Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

uh sir when are we ever going to get a professional dragster as a quarterback ever again.

Dan the Man was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

There was no hold called on this play

wasianchickn
Sep 4, 2006

welp

Intruder posted:

And we get treated to the commentators marveling about how it's a "veteran" or "saavy" move whenever it's against Watt or Clowney

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Yo colts

Eat poo poo :boom:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
At what point do they finally put Luck on IR?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

One week after he plays the Jaguars.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Intruder posted:

I saw that in real-time and was surprised we got away with that one.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

When Irsay finally finds his iphone in-between some hooker's legs along with his pills.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Is Lambo going to be much of
An upgrade over Myers?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Luck is at least 4 weeks from playing. He isn't even practicing every day. No hard throws yet. Do you even bother to bring him back for 6 games? I guess you need to know if he needs mores surgery in the off season. I hope he is just milking this to get traded the hell away from this team.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Is Lambo going to be much of
An upgrade over Myers?

quote:

The 26-year-old Lambo spent the past two seasons with the Chargers, hitting 52 of 64 field goal attempts and 70 of 78 extra points. Lambo lost his gig to Younghoe Koo (who was later cut) this preseason. Lambo's 81.2 field goal conversion rate the past two seasons, is slightly lower than Meyers made in 2015 and 2016 (82.8).

Nope!

edit: Honestly this seems kinda kneejerky because Myers made 11 of 15 field goals this year with three of the misses from 50 yards or more (two of which were last week). I think the guy has needed to be more consistent but this year he has missed one sub 50 yarder and two extra points, which is an improvement over last year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Oct 17, 2017

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Seems like his kickoffs weren't as long this year too? I haven't found any stats to back that up though.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Myers long misses have been really ugly and a big leg was all he brought to the table. He's actually missing a slightly higher percentage of xtra point attempts this year than last too!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Myers long misses have been really ugly and a big leg was all he brought to the table. He's actually missing a slightly higher percentage of xtra point attempts this year than last too!
And I forgot that he initially missed the one he did make this past Sunday because he got to try a second time because of a penalty.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

:rip:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Bahahaha, pretending your QB might be back to sell tickets. We could have used that roster spot for Kaep.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Feels good to once again have the best QB in the division :smug:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Jacoby plays for the Colts bro.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Deshaun #1 in the league in QBR, suddenly I respect this made up stat

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I don't know why everyone posts so much about quarterbacks. As far as I can tell, they're just guys that hand the ball to Leonard Fournette.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

*loses to the Jets*

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

Luck is at least 4 weeks from playing. He isn't even practicing every day. No hard throws yet. Do you even bother to bring him back for 6 games? I guess you need to know if he needs mores surgery in the off season. I hope he is just milking this to get traded the hell away from this team.

The reports were that he was making hard throws. His strength and velocity was up. Then the soreness came so they shut him down. I don't buy into the conspiracy theories, but I do trust what Holder reports.

Also I loving hate when people are like "boy I hope our best player leaves our team!" What a stupid loving thing to say, especially since the team actually has a good GM and some nice young players now. Probably a couple of years out from competing, but Luck will still be in his prime then.

But I don't think putting Luck on IR is the right thing to do. He's probably gonna miss a lot more of the season than what people hoped, but if he's put on IR, then he can't practice with the team. So even if he can't play, you wouldn't want to keep him away from practicing for over a year. It's not like his spot is really keeping any game changer from joining the team, either.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Is it ok if I hope Luck leaves the Colts

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Intruder posted:

Only if you think he's not ruined and that there's hope for him elsewhere

I don't think he's done/RG3'd for the record, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's a lot closer than anyone wants to say

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Intruder posted:

Yeah, of course! Just like me saying I hope Watson actually turns out to be like RG3 with a really great first year then terrible afterwards.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
You're not a real fan if you don't hope Watson throws 10 interceptions next game and never recovers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm sad I don't get to watch Deshaun style on fools this weekend

(I'm also in a deep depression for baseball related reasons but that has no place in this thread)

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

*loses to the Jets*

That was not a smug post

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Linder is out for Sunday :/

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Linder is out for Sunday :/
What the hell does he have?!?

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

What the hell does he have?!?

Fournette's out too so yay

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Gonna be a long bad game, I think.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I can't believe I won't get to see any Watson TDs this week

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

He was too busy throwing clutch relief innings for the Astros.

A better use of his talents this week IMO

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I never saw this coming in the Jaguars - Colts game. The Colts need to take Brissett out, he is getting pounded and is in obvious pain.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
They should also turn off Pagano's key card access to the stadium

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Campbell is the first Jag in ten years to record double digit sacks!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

They should also turn off Pagano's key card access to the stadium
Ohgod the Jaguars shut them out? I had yardwork to do so I wandered off figuring the Jaguars would allow at least one garbage time TD.

Also 10 sacks :vince:

purkey posted:

Campbell is the first Jag in ten years to record double digit sacks!
:woop:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Ohgod the Jaguars shut them out? I had yardwork to do so I wandered off figuring the Jaguars would allow at least one garbage time TD.

Also 10 sacks :vince:

:woop:

Odd week bullshit!

Edit: that's the jag'S 4th 20+ point win of the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

isn't that the second time they've done that already?

the afcs is a slaughterhouse

(yes I'm including the titans in this even though they just barely beat the Browns in OT and may have lost their best offensive player it was a short week please listen to me okay)

• Locked thread