Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Every table has a story.

This looks like someone moderately-poorly photoshopped a picture of a cat into a video game screenshot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Raxivace posted:

I love that Silent Hill gave Eddie some pizza.

It's a monster pizza.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

CJacobs posted:

This looks like someone moderately-poorly photoshopped a picture of a cat into a video game screenshot

That scene is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPHRgXNGucs&t=84s
Also I didn't know the cat had a name...

quote:

“The truth is Nibbles was born as a filmmaking trick due to a technical necessity that came up,” reveals CD Projekt Red cinematic artist, Kajetan Kapuściński.

“When Nibbles first appears in the Family Matters questline, Tamara Strenger is walking down a set of stairs before meeting with Geralt for the first time, and we needed a diversion for that short period of time. So I sat down with one of the quest designers and we added a cat sitting on a table to the scene. We had it play a small role where it would interact with Geralt by exchanging stares with the Witcher, distracting players as Tamara would descend the staircase.”

Like many cats, Nibbles proved inexplicably endearing once the team got to know him. “To this day we have no idea who named the cat Nibbles, but we liked the end result so much that it became an inside joke in cinematics department. So we gave it a few more roles to play,” says Kapuściński.

“We never expected the few appearances it makes in Wild Hunt to be noticed, but we’re happy for Nibbles that they were. We’ve put that cat through a lot of life-threatening situations and it’s been there as a brave observer of Geralt’s story unfolding before players. Nibbles might not be part of some bigger plan, or a cursed character, or a mage practising the art of polymorphy. But he’s our little actor that started out small, and, through hard work, has managed to become the star of its own little internet legend. We couldn’t be any prouder of Nibbles!”

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CJacobs posted:

Pretty much.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Cats are confirmed in Assassin's Creed Origins. I wonder if Wolfenstein or Super Mario Odyssey have them. Destiny 2?

Destiny 2 has cats.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

corn in the bible posted:

eddie is such a worthess piece of poo poo that in the dog ending credits mira growls whenever it shows pictures of him
Eddie Dombrowski, King of the Goons.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Destiny 2 has cats.

After doing some cursory research, I have learned that Super Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein 2 also have cats or cat-like things.

Looks like this is the Week of Cats

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I don't know what happened to that game where you're a cat in the Kowloon Walled City, but I don't care because I'm playing Observer and it's basically the same thing except there are more holograms and instead of a cat it's Rutger Hauer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

I don't know what happened to that game where you're a cat in the Kowloon Walled City, but I don't care because I'm playing Observer and it's basically the same thing except there are more holograms and instead of a cat it's Rutger Hauer

It's still in development, it's just an indie project that will probably never be finished to be honest.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I just remembered one of the last GAF threads I was reading before poo poo started to go up in flames was about the guy who created that one cartoon for Nickelodeon getting fired and someone getting really upset that a bunch of people in the thread were making bets on how long it would be before a certain longtime producer at Nick finally got his comeuppance because according to them there wasn't actually any solid evidence. They said it was just trolls taking things out of context.
dan schneider, a man who loves feet

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

That scene is so good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPHRgXNGucs&t=84s
Also I didn't know the cat had a name...

drat, that is one goodass video game cat.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

here's a good free October game https://bonusjz.itch.io/ghostsn-demons !it's extremely hard!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cool original game

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

play Maldita Castilla

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I don't really like games that are 2spoopy so for October I'm playing Sunless Sea again which is just the right amount of spoopy

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you ever play the pee game where you circle your hands around your pee stream and tighten them in more and more without getting your hands wet. that's a pretty scary game but I win it every time

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Darkwood is the correct amount of spooky

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Shrouded Isle is a good game with spooky themes (especially if you dig the Sunless world). It came with the most recent Humble Monthly so people may already have it and not know it.

Maybe I'll revisit Darkest Dungeon, I haven't played it since it was in Early Access

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

homeless snail posted:

you ever play the pee game where you circle your hands around your pee stream and tighten them in more and more without getting your hands wet. that's a pretty scary game but I win it every time

Your hands are saturated in subatomic piss particles

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
castlevania: hod is fun but i can see why people are a bit down on it now. the music is kind of eh and the level design could be a lot better. i still like how it controls way more than cotm though

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mordja posted:

Uh, those endless hordes are a good thing because it means more people to shoot.

It's not the dudes that are a problem so much as those loving helicopter things

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Is there an actual good gaming site out there that covers a good selection of new releases? As funny as the gaf stuff is, that is the main site I used for finding out stuff is releasing or even exists. The only gaming stuff I follow is Giant Bomb and Super Best Friends which are more personality things. I feel like some smaller developers might take a hit from this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lets hang out posted:

here's a good free October game https://bonusjz.itch.io/ghostsn-demons !it's extremely hard!

I tried looking for a gif of arthur twerking from that game but I can't find it so instead I will just let people know that you can make arthur twerk in this game.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

isn't everything

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

:smugdon:

homeless snail posted:

isn't everything

:trumppop:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Looper posted:

homeless snail posted:

isn't everything

This but also subatomic feces particles

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There’s a nonzero chance that the next breath you take with feature particles that have touched my balls

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
11 hours later I have finally left White orchard after doing every single little question mark thingy around!
I am SO into this game! I have gotten the hang of the combat, gotten the hang of crafting and remember to use my little spells occasionally.

I did not bow to the emperor because I did not think Geralt would bow to a man that tried to kill him in the past (I think that is what some of the dialogue said). There is so much to read in those books in the castle and I really want to know all of what happened in the first two Witcher games! Hopefully I am not playing as slow as I feared I would. Did everyone else take that long to do White Orchard?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

It took me a long time too but I'm still not completely done with the Blood and Wine expansion and I started to play the game at release so maybe I'm not the best person to ask.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

VideoGames posted:

11 hours later I have finally left White orchard after doing every single little question mark thingy around!
I am SO into this game! I have gotten the hang of the combat, gotten the hang of crafting and remember to use my little spells occasionally.

I did not bow to the emperor because I did not think Geralt would bow to a man that tried to kill him in the past (I think that is what some of the dialogue said). There is so much to read in those books in the castle and I really want to know all of what happened in the first two Witcher games! Hopefully I am not playing as slow as I feared I would. Did everyone else take that long to do White Orchard?

I too spent 11 hours in White Orchard this weekend. This game is a hell of a game, eh? I'm glad I gave it a chance after not enjoying 1 and 2. This game is fantastic. :D

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

I spent ages in White Orchard, it's very pleasant and there's loads to do!

The whole prelude to meeting the Emperor owns so hard. I ended up bowing because I was concerned if I didn't then the guy who's job it was to get Geralt dressed, shaved, and familiar with court ettiquitte would get punished, and while he clearly had some gross views on Nordlings he seemed incredibly relatable and genuinely concerned for Geralt. Not bowing is definitely more Geralt-y imo.

The previous games don't touch overmuch on Geralt's relationship with Emyhr, read the books if you want to know more about that.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Oct 23, 2017

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Team Yen.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

white orchard has the best music in the game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Palpek posted:

Team Yen.

[fake Rivia accent] my wife !!

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

That feel when you're in Velen in the middle of the game talking to another poor sap whose beloved family member went missing and the music is playing in the background, the trees are moving in the wind and the sun is slowly setting. Your mouse cursor hovers over a dialogue option for a little bit to let this moment last longer. Then, you finally click on 'do you want to play Gwent?' and it's complete, pure gaming perfection.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There's a moment in Kaer Morhen while Geralt is drinking with the Yen and the witchers when Lambert goes "speaking of ploughing, how's Triss?" and I unironically enjoyed letting the question hang and watching Yen fidget before telling Lambert to plough himself.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

merchant: oi please help m'lord. the rats has eaten me shoes and the crows what ate me hat. just please ye to buy a paltry flower petal from a poor gent. only a copper

the white wolf: not looking to buy, but i'd kill the next man who denies me gwent

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Psyched af for SMTV https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvyCAFV9MbM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Same here!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Where is the Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE port

• Locked thread