Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MichiganCubbie posted:

I mean having a second event where you could use your own characters for more shards. From what I remember they handed us top level ewoks for the first run, and everyone got the same amount of shards. Here, they did that, and then had a second event. That's what I can't do at all because I haven't built nightsisters. People who have built nightsisters have a chance for more shards than me, as they should because they built them up without knowing about this.

I think Wicket should have had this same chance for those of us who built up all ewoks to the same point as the nightsisters are here.

The community has been buzzing about the impending nightsister review and possible Mother Talzin since before CLS was released.

Heads up, there's prolly gonna be a separatist review after the TLJ poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Nipponophile posted:

R2 is on the event calendar for next week, so get your Empire squad ready.

(I won't have my Empire squad ready.)

Could we get some R2 event discussion going? E.g. tips and tricks, what are the best dudes to bring, gear levels, etc?

I tried getting something like this going a few weeks ago but i guess it was too close to the Thrawn event to pick up any steam.

Personally i have
Thrawn 9, GMT 9, TFP 10, Palpie 10 and Stormtrooper 8. I don't mind gearing them further if that is required.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Ineptitude posted:

Could we get some R2 event discussion going? E.g. tips and tricks, what are the best dudes to bring, gear levels, etc?

I tried getting something like this going a few weeks ago but i guess it was too close to the Thrawn event to pick up any steam.

Personally i have
Thrawn 9, GMT 9, TFP 10, Palpie 10 and Stormtrooper 8. I don't mind gearing them further if that is required.

All but magma are good and worth gearing. I did 6* r2 with Vader, EP, TFP, RG, and Tarkin all at G8. If you can 7* if recommend G9-10

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

Personally i have

Maybe get some more gear on that stormtrooper, but that team seems like it should be fine.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Deathtrooper is the silver bullet

But yeah you should be fine. Also, try to get some speed mods on Thrawn. You want him to fracture someone ASAP.

Crumbletron fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 21, 2017

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Crumbletron posted:

Deathtrooper is the silver bullet

But yeah you should be fine. Also, try to get some speed mods on Thrawn. You want him to fracture someone ASAP.

I'm trying to get my Deathtrooper node unlocked, but the revive squad third round just ruins me. Closest I've come so far is with my mass-resurrection nightsisters. Probably has something to do that I'm trying it with 70-79 characters with G7-G8 gear levels too :v:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

One day I'll be able to farm deathtrooper. Stupid cold han. And finn. And kylo.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Two characters I seek opinions on:

Sell me on Death Trooper (other than looking cool af) because I've seen him mentioned favourably here a fair bit recently, yet after a quick ctrl-F he doesn't seem to be in the OP's list of worth-getting characters. Of the tanks, Shoretrooper, sithtrooper, StHan, Sun Fac, and of course Baze are all mentioned.

Where does Deathtrooper rank in the pantheon of tanks, and should I be adding/replacing my current shore&baze daily hard node farms with DT's cantina farm at the expense of coldhan, so that my regular energy might be freed up to get my main project, resistance, geared up faster? I sense the answer is probably no, but then what's with the DT hype?

I've also seen Magmatrooper almost universally panned recently in this thread, except in the OP where he is mentioned to be good in raids, and I've seen first hand evidence from my brother who also plays this dumbass game that this is true; he gets good raid scores. He has some use for turn meter fuckery but that's all I know. Should I be trying to convert my brother away from using magmatrooper for even better results or should I be heroically defying the common wisdom of the thread and putting it on my farm queue anyway? I mean, you can never have too many raid squads, right?

Ugh. I just used the phrase "farm queue" to describe something I wilfully engage with on a daily basis.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Cactus posted:

Sell me on Death Trooper (other than looking cool af) because I've seen him mentioned favourably here a fair bit recently, yet after a quick ctrl-F he doesn't seem to be in the OP's list of worth-getting characters. Of the tanks, Shoretrooper, sithtrooper, StHan, Sun Fac, and of course Baze are all mentioned.

Where does Deathtrooper rank in the pantheon of tanks, and should I be adding/replacing my current shore&baze daily hard node farms with DT's cantina farm at the expense of coldhan, so that my regular energy might be freed up to get my main project, resistance, geared up faster? I sense the answer is probably no, but then what's with the DT hype?

I've also seen Magmatrooper almost universally panned recently in this thread, except in the OP where he is mentioned to be good in raids, and I've seen first hand evidence from my brother who also plays this dumbass game that this is true; he gets good raid scores. He has some use for turn meter fuckery but that's all I know. Should I be trying to convert my brother away from using magmatrooper for even better results or should I be heroically defying the common wisdom of the thread and putting it on my farm queue anyway? I mean, you can never have too many raid squads, right?

Ugh. I just used the phrase "farm queue" to describe something I wilfully engage with on a daily basis.

Deathtrooper is dps. Focus on cold han first. I'm doing the same thing. Cold han until he is 5* and then deathtrooper

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Cactus posted:

DT isn't a tank, he's a rebel-killer. His basic will double-tap vs. Rebels, and the first shot can daze, and the second can stun a dazed target. Daze is great utility vs. all the Rogue One/Phoenix/CLS-lead counter-attackers. His first special, the grenade, will strip all buffs on the opposing team and possibly heal-block them. Whoever didn't have buffs have their cooldowns increased, which is slick. His second special, Terminate, crits on debuff and adds Deathmark if they're down to 4 or less characters. That'll do a huge chunk of damage per hit (40% max health) and lets you burn someone down quickly. On a killing blow, it works like Boba's execute and will prevent revives. His unique is much better if you have Krennic, but otherwise is decent. The health steal for other troopers is good.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Deathtrooper is dps. Focus on cold han first. I'm doing the same thing. Cold han until he is 5* and then deathtrooper

I... did not know that. Assumed he was a tank based solely on his looks because I'm too lazy to look poo poo up.

Edit: "rebel killer" - sold! On the list he goes. All that other stuff sounds good as well but I'm mostly super-sick of almost unbeatable rebel squads. What's with this game's hard-on for the rebel faction anyway?

Cactus fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 22, 2017

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Ineptitude posted:

Personally i have

I did 7* with EP (g10 or 11), Vader (10), TFP(9), RG(9), and Tarkin(8?) at 7* and pulling a random assortment of good mods from other guys. The main tip is to target R2 at all costs. I slammed my head against the final fight until I read somewhere to hit R2 first and then beat it on the next try (with a ridiculous back and forth between Vader and... Old Ben?, because Vader could heal faster). R2 gives everyone else various bonuses just for existing, so bumping him off degrades the team and makes them killable.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
The only noteworthy thing about DT to me (albeit a really noteworthy thing) is that he can combo with Nihilus to AoE increase cooldowns by 2. Thats a depressing prospect.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hockles posted:

If nobody joins Malulful over the weekend, I suppose I'll go.

Drop guild, @ me in discord (pet sheev)

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

fishtobaskets posted:

Drop guild, @ me in discord (pet sheev)

e: found Discord link

My body is ready.

Hockles fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Oct 23, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Crumbletron posted:

QGJ needs warm bodies to generate tickets and for HAAT, which we'll be attempting again soon (once the R2 event swings around, tentatively). If you're guildless or in a pub guild and generate your daily tickets, get on Discord!

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Since R2 comes out tomorrow I wanna ask: right now I use a Wiggs, Chaze and DN team. R2's combat analysis seems really good and I can pour my zetas into him once I hit cap to make him even better. But DN is DN. Should I plan to swap him for R2 once I get him geared?

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Defiance Industries posted:

Since R2 comes out tomorrow I wanna ask: right now I use a Wiggs, Chaze and DN team. R2's combat analysis seems really good and I can pour my zetas into him once I hit cap to make him even better. But DN is DN. Should I plan to swap him for R2 once I get him geared?

R2 might be better on defense, but number crunch is actually the better zeta. So you can do your last fight with R2 and leave him on D.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'd sooner suggest you drop Wiggs for R2/something else than drop nihilus. That's just CRAZY talk.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I'm going to start farming DN at some point. I have him at 4*. He's a pain to fight. Though I am looking forward to a solid Resistance team.

I put a 2nd zeta into R2 and I think both of them are really strong. That and getting Old Ben to G12 has bumped my arena team into the high teens low twenties for my shard.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Is wiggs/chaze/r2 a relic now? Before g12/cls that was a legit meta squad but I dont see them much anymore. Most everybody has switched to cls/gk leads

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

I'm going to start farming DN at some point. I have him at 4*. He's a pain to fight. Though I am looking forward to a solid Resistance team.

I put a 2nd zeta into R2 and I think both of them are really strong. That and getting Old Ben to G12 has bumped my arena team into the high teens low twenties for my shard.

Double-zeta R2 is the cornerstone of my arena team.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

fishtobaskets posted:

Is wiggs/chaze/r2 a relic now? Before g12/cls that was a legit meta squad but I dont see them much anymore. Most everybody has switched to cls/gk leads

On my 2015 shard that was never top 20 Meta. Not Wiggs, anyway. Wedge, chaze, R2 +1 was around, but Wiggs hasn't been peak meta since before zetas.

It is a strong tandem to use while leveling and both are strong in ships, so they're worth having, but you do need to jump ship at some point.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Chilichimp posted:

Double-zeta R2 is the cornerstone of my arena team.

Are you in the top 10?

I was pleasantly surprised how much the second Zeta helps. My guess is that an all Gear 12 OT team can easily stay in the top 20. I have Binds all Things on CLS and Han's Zeta. Other than maybe dumping one other Zeta into Old Ben, I think that's as good as it can get.

I guess I'll work on Chaze next. Some day when QGJ is trucking along with HAAT, I'll throw Kenobi into the mix.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
So I have CLS R-2 and GK at G12 now and I'm trying to make a decision on the two other slots for arena. Would Ezra and Fulchrum be good? It looks good "on paper"

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Are you in the top 10?

I was pleasantly surprised how much the second Zeta helps. My guess is that an all Gear 12 OT team can easily stay in the top 20. I have Binds all Things on CLS and Han's Zeta. Other than maybe dumping one other Zeta into Old Ben, I think that's as good as it can get.

I guess I'll work on Chaze next. Some day when QGJ is trucking along with HAAT, I'll throw Kenobi into the mix.

I took #1 for the first time ever yesterday. But in the current counter meta, R2's stealth allows my nihilus to AoE with impunity. His stun on basic is also loving -choice- for locking down enemy nihilus/Han so I can tear'em up.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Damnit, I have 7* EP, Tarkin, RG, TFP and 6* Vader. I won't be able to get 7* R2 and it's really bugging me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

So I have CLS R-2 and GK at G12 now and I'm trying to make a decision on the two other slots for arena. Would Ezra and Fulchrum be good? It looks good "on paper"

IMO, Rex leader and either Nihilus or Thrawn.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Damnit, I have 7* EP, Tarkin, RG, TFP and 6* Vader. I won't be able to get 7* R2 and it's really bugging me.

How far from Vader?

What's your magma/stormtrooper situation?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

How far from Vader?

What's your magma/stormtrooper situation?

I'm at like 40/100 on Vader. I realized too late that R2 was coming up so soon and switched to trying to farm Veers/Snow Trooper but I'm only at like 4* for them. Stormtrooper/Magma are probably at whatever they unlock at.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Sorry yo.

Yeah, I wouldn't have relied on a hard-mode farm to get your 5th imperial. You might be able to get Snowtrooper up if you drop 3x refreshes on cantina until the end of the event, buy him from Guild shop when he's up, and drop all your ally points on bronze packs. Every Bronze pull of full snowtrooper is 10 free shards.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

Sorry yo.

Yeah, I wouldn't have relied on a hard-mode farm to get your 5th imperial. You might be able to get Snowtrooper up if you drop 3x refreshes on cantina until the end of the event, buy him from Guild shop when he's up, and drop all your ally points on bronze packs. Every Bronze pull of full snowtrooper is 10 free shards.

Yeah that was what I've been trying to do but I doubt I'll make it in time. Just getting tired of missing all these big toon events.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chilichimp posted:

This is how I got Snowtrooper. I ended snagging like 40 shards in a span of 2 days from Bronzium drops, so that is when I decided to focus on him instead of Veers. The Guild shop definitely helps. I don't have the best gear for him or Tarkin, though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

This is how I got Snowtrooper. I ended snagging like 40 shards in a span of 2 days from Bronzium drops, so that is when I decided to focus on him instead of Veers. The Guild shop definitely helps. I don't have the best gear for him or Tarkin, though.

He's in Cantina battles too :eng101:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Chilichimp posted:

He's in Cantina battles too :eng101:

Yeah, I mean I actually focused on him once I got a bunch shards thrown in my lap and was on part with my Veers shard hunt.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hey developers that read this thread: your game desperately, desperately needs a whole bunch of new raids. Please be working on that.

Thanks.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chilichimp posted:

I'd sooner suggest you drop Wiggs for R2/something else than drop nihilus. That's just CRAZY talk.

I'm on a May 2017 shard, Wiggs-Chaze teams are 43 out of the top 50 teams right now. I know it's not a team you can ride out forever barring large shifts in the meta, but at least until people start capping out en masse I was thinking it could be a big boost to me with the increase to crit and extra stuns.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I'm on a May 2017 shard, Wiggs-Chaze teams are 43 out of the top 50 teams right now. I know it's not a team you can ride out forever barring large shifts in the meta, but at least until people start capping out en masse I was thinking it could be a big boost to me with the increase to crit and extra stuns.

How hard would it be for you to get a Rex for leader?

Rex/R2/Nihilus/Chaze did me very well for a long time.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I have him on deck for if I can break into the top 50 but I'm slogging through a zillion identical Phoenix Squads right now and I seem to lose a shitload of standing overnight when I switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

I have him on deck for if I can break into the top 50 but I'm slogging through a zillion identical Phoenix Squads right now and I seem to lose a shitload of standing overnight when I switch.

Rex is probably the best mix-meta leader in the game. If you've got him and R2 geared and zeta'd, I'd say take the plunge. I held top 50 during the triple cleanse meta with that squad and it should do okay now if the gear and mods are up to par.