Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Kestral posted:

Death Hags - when? Why?

I threw a level 12 Hag with almost pure combat skills into the fray of a scrub Chaos Rebellion force, against some Chaos Spawn and their level 1 lord plus the battered remnants of a unit of marauders. She got shredded and barely inflicted any casualties before outright dying, at which point I can only imagine her soul was obliterated by Khaine for her shameful display. How are you supposed to use these things? And is it worth throwing the Cauldron of Blood on them?

Chaos Spawn do extremely high weapon damage per hit(110!, with a whopping 40 AP) and Death Hags are squishy as gently caress, so this isn't really surprising. Chaos Spawn can actually kick the poo poo out of most combat heroes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The cauldron I believe gives a 12% physical resist aura on top of targeted buffs, use it to bolster your front line.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Gitro posted:

I've had ranged units decide they need to walk all the way up to the walls without firing when giving them a direct order, but about 90% of the time it works fine whether it's fire at will or targeted. Guard mode might help? Normally I just re-position when it happens and they start working again.

The one time I did a ritual (Delf game, hard) three chaos armies spawned in the centre of my capital province and got murdered by my defending stacks. Delves are pretty nuts against chaos infantry lines. Then Tyrion sent an intervention stack the next turn and it was actually a reasonably fun fight, I was out-artilleried and out-archered and I liked having to adapt to that after ~50 turns of absolute ranged supremacy. Then I autoresolved the dregs and pressed end turn eight times. I decided not to do any more rituals after that.

Is there any way to mod a skill points buff for AI only, or create a dump skill that's restricted to player? I'd like to vomit skill points at the AI in hope they'll accidentally make an effective lord. I don't mind honour systeming myself but I'd prefer not to have to manually track levels.

After you beat the ritual stacks you can go back to attacking, you know? In fact you can even attack with some stacks and defend with others? There’s no reason to sit around for 8 turns unless you want to.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Vargs posted:

I've had better luck with the intervention spawns than the chaos ones. Intervention armies seem to at least always show up next to the ritual sites, and will generally go for them unless they're being sieged already. Chaos stacks? Yeah, don't worry about it, we'll spawn those ages away from the ritual sites so you have plenty of time to prepare. How about right in the middle of your empire where they can 1-turn raze your non-target cities with zero opposition? That seems like a good spot. Have 6 of them.

This actually owns as Skaven (and only Skaven) because you can move all your armies to the spawn zone and use stalk stance to ambush half of them before they take their first turn and ambush-stance ambush the other half as they take their first turn. Fun for the whole family.

Also does everybody know that the Chaos stacks spawn when you start the ritual during your turn so you can position armies accordingly and/or attack them on turn zero? A lot of the complaints feel like they don't know this.

New Butt Order fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Oct 23, 2017

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I can see the frustration if you try and go wide rather than tall.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Pierson posted:

I can see the frustration if you try and go wide rather than tall.

Going tall's really boring though because you don't have the currency income to make the vortex campaign anything other than a tedious slog. I did that for my Queek campaign and it just dragged things on for so much longer than my Kroq-gar conquering funtime.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Really should've let allies give you ritual currency a la Wood Elf amber.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

After you beat the ritual stacks you can go back to attacking, you know? In fact you can even attack with some stacks and defend with others? There’s no reason to sit around for 8 turns unless you want to.

I could, but i didn't know if the AI was going to send other intervention stacks or like actual invasion stacks and ruin my day. Also if I want to cruise around breaking things I can do that instead.

From how the game presented it I thought alright, gonna have to knuckle down and focus on defensive play and all that, and it wasn't that at all, so I got disappointed and bored and don't see the point in bothering again unless I want a quick cash infusion and don't mind hanging around my capital for a few turns.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

This is certainly a mod, that exists.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Waiting for the add breasts to everything mod.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Angry Lobster posted:

Waiting for the add breasts to everything mod.

Slaneesh should be in the next game

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

SteelMentor posted:

This is clearly what Malekith dreams of being. And hey, making prettier males is exactly as okay as all the "sexier/prettier" female unit mods.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
He needs a bare midriff and assless chap armour

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Dark Elves really draw out some weird people, like the LoversLab crossover faction

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Pierson posted:

Man besides being better in general is Warhammer 2 also better optimised than TW1? I jumped back down to try out the Wood Elves but I can feel my system dragging with more or less the same graphics settings. It might be just the trees/shadows though, those guys' maps have a lot of trees.

I dunno, I get really bad framerates on the campaign map in WH2, as apparently a lot of other people do, while it's fine in battle and in WH1.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

SteelMentor posted:

Uh. Isn't he supposed to be horribly burned and crispy?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Wallet posted:

I dunno, I get really bad framerates on the campaign map in WH2, as apparently a lot of other people do, while it's fine in battle and in WH1.

I've been playing a lot more WH1 recently and it's just as fine as in WH2. I didn't notice any degradation when avenging Eight Peaks' grudges, nor improvement when I went back for a bit of HE shooty action. I play in DX11 though, and don't waste my time with DX12 nonsense so maybe that has an effect?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
DX12 was crashing my game a whole bunch after one of the late WH1 patches, I'd suggest not using that for now. I'm using a 970 FWIW.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

He needs a bare midriff and assless chap armour

All dark elves do really.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Mazz posted:

DX12 was crashing my game a whole bunch after one of the late WH1 patches, I'd suggest not using that for now. I'm using a 970 FWIW.

I mean you just straight up shouldn't be using it at all if you're on an Nvidia card.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Ooooooooooh male keith's head gear is to match his dragon, that's why it's dumb as gently caress.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
These are the supremely vain elves we're taking about. He probably grew and shaped the dragon to match his hat

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Some early access Mortal Empires videos up

PartyElite going over factions new start positions/win conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNU75e2alLc

Also, not only will Norsca be unavailable in Mortal Empires, the entire patch that came with them won't, and neither will the new Regiments of Renown. Bit of an awkward mess, feels like the ULTIMATE CAMPAIGN MAP EDITION is a bit hamstrung without that stuff, but whatever.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Oct 23, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Also, not only will Norsca be unavailable in Mortal Empires, the entire patch that came with them won't, and neither will the new Regiments of Renown. Bit of an awkward mess, feels like the ULTIMATE CAMPAIG MAP EDITION is a bit hamstrung without that stuff, but whatever.

which regiments are the new ones

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Ooooooooooh male keith's head gear is to match his dragon, that's why it's dumb as gently caress.

On the other hand, elves seem to have a species wide lust for dumb hats.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

@Hieronymus: All of the 30th Anniversary free ones. Bretonnia, Beastmen, Wood Elves & Warriors of Chaos.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

Plavski posted:

I've been playing a lot more WH1 recently and it's just as fine as in WH2. I didn't notice any degradation when avenging Eight Peaks' grudges, nor improvement when I went back for a bit of HE shooty action. I play in DX11 though, and don't waste my time with DX12 nonsense so maybe that has an effect?

Playing in 11, unfortunately.

New Butt Order
Jun 20, 2017

Night10194 posted:

On the other hand, elves seem to have a species wide lust for dumb hats.

A major reason the Elves are in decline is that they can't get through doors with their hats on and starve rather than admit it.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

those victory conditions look like poo poo

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

Also, not only will Norsca be unavailable in Mortal Empires, the entire patch that came with them won't, and neither will the new Regiments of Renown. Bit of an awkward mess, feels like the ULTIMATE CAMPAIGN MAP EDITION is a bit hamstrung without that stuff, but whatever.

I’m guessing that’ll be patched in later? Seems they have a cut off point of “We want to get his out early” and that means they didn’t have time for Norsca and anything around that time.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

those victory conditions look like poo poo

It's pretty much "take over the world" for most factions, except oddly enough for Brettonians, Wood Elves, Chaos, and Beastmen who all have almost exactly their old victory conditions only.

Mind you, that's only for the long victory which I've yet to bother with in Warhammer for any faction except the above.

Also, if we're not getting the new regiments, does that mean the skill tree updates for old lords aren't in yet either? (just checked a video and confirmed no foundation update, bleh.)

Was kinda planning to finish up with the vortex before really jumping into Mortal Empires, might actually hold off on switching until everything gets added at this point.

madmac fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Oct 23, 2017

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

which regiments are the new ones

The wood elves/chaos/beastmen/brettonia ones.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

MilitantBlackGuy posted:

So we roll back to the old Chaos for a while then. Bummer.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I'm surprised that they added a fair amount of new buildings to the old world factions. Saw that Wood elves get 2-3 new ones, and Empire looks like it has roads and a lot of new landmarks.

I'm sure the others have been changed similarly

Midnightghoul fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Oct 23, 2017

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Good news, Warhammer is coming back :iamafag:

Helion
Apr 28, 2008
Does anyone have any favorite "small touches" in the game? I really love a lot of the little details. One that I have really enjoyed is when the Dark Elves win a battle and there's this building vocalization in the music that sounds like a cross between a chorus and a crowd chant at a game. Then it just cuts off. It....feels like something horrible is about to happen.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
looks like streamers already got their hands on mortal empires and are doing matches

Turin wood elves vs indypride skaven
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14VQoHvBYMQ

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

madmac posted:

It's pretty much "take over the world" for most factions, except oddly enough for Brettonians, Wood Elves, Chaos, and Beastmen who all have almost exactly their old victory conditions only.

Mind you, that's only for the long victory which I've yet to bother with in Warhammer for any faction except the above.

Also, if we're not getting the new regiments, does that mean the skill tree updates for old lords aren't in yet either? (just checked a video and confirmed no foundation update, bleh.)

Was kinda planning to finish up with the vortex before really jumping into Mortal Empires, might actually hold off on switching until everything gets added at this point.

Not sure why everyone's so worked up about the victory conditions, they apply to military allies too so as Empire you'll just have to ally with the elves rather than invade Lothern, that kind of thing. Seems fine to me really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Helion posted:

Does anyone have any favorite "small touches" in the game? I really love a lot of the little details. One that I have really enjoyed is when the Dark Elves win a battle and there's this building vocalization in the music that sounds like a cross between a chorus and a crowd chant at a game. Then it just cuts off. It....feels like something horrible is about to happen.

Mine is that dark elves have a Eunuch advisor that has absolutely zero effect or purpose other than to give to lords to boost their loyalty