Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Stevie Lee posted:

isn't that the second time they've done that already?
Yep

Stevie Lee posted:

the afcs is a slaughterhouse
Yep.

Stevie Lee posted:

(yes I'm including the titans in this even though they just barely beat the Browns in OT and may have lost their best offensive player it was a short week please listen to me okay)
I was bus most of the day, what happened to the Titans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yep

Yep.

I was bus most of the day, what happened to the Titans?

lovely red zone offense, bad play calls. Browns made a big effort to stop the run and we kept running instead of passing it around, where we had success when attempted. Got 3 turnovers but turned them into zero points.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Athanatos posted:

They should also turn off Pagano's key card access to the stadium

They're not even getting better or developing the young players they drafted. Mack still isn't getting enough touches and they had Quincy Wilson as a healthy scratch. They look worse each week, and now the coaches are actively hampering the development of young guys. The coaches have to go.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
N: duuuuuuuu

v: vallllllllllllllll

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The Browns are the Titan's Achilles heel anyway, so this was a redemption game of sorts.

mouths "Browns are the Titans' Achilles heel" to self a few more time in disgust, as if tasting rust

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

They're not even getting better or developing the young players they drafted. Mack still isn't getting enough touches and they had Quincy Wilson as a healthy scratch. They look worse each week, and now the coaches are actively hampering the development of young guys. The coaches have to go.
They threw it to Mack a whole bunch, and he dropped it a whole bunch. I would count on him being benched next week.

I'm just glad that the Jaguars finally actually got a shutout. The fact that they did it in Indy is just :discourse:

Also,

Randaconda posted:

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Randaconda posted:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

They threw it to Mack a whole bunch, and he dropped it a whole bunch. I would count on him being benched next week.

I'm just glad that the Jaguars finally actually got a shutout. The fact that they did it in Indy is just :discourse:

Also,

you've avoided your toxx for another week

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Jags now have as many sacks as they did all of last year

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nah, he had one drop then another was close, but the pass was off and he was gonna be murdered if he caught it anyway.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
Beat the winless browns in ot

Also current leader of afcs

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
This division is weird.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
The warmth and acrid smoke of this loving tire fire of a division warms the blackest cockles of my cold dark heart.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So Jags? Texans? Mariota going to be better? For sure not the Colts. One down two more to knock out.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

This is the third week in a row where I still have no idea who the best team in the division is.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Imagine getting sacked ten times in a game. Half the division already knows, so see them for questions.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

Imagine getting sacked ten times in a game. Half the division already knows, so see them for questions.
Of course Mariota's hammy will be better in time for round two. Otherwise I would be hoping for the hat trick.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Hope for the best (Hat) but prepare for the worst. (0-3)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
One day I hope for an offensive gameplan that's not super predictable

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Metapod posted:

One day I hope for an offensive gameplan that's not super predictable

You will get another shovel pass to a TE when the first 3 were all tackled for a loss, and like it, mister!

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Going for it on 4th down at the end of the game instead of just kicking the field goal to stop the shutout was pretty cool imo. Give the Jags that chance to stop the shutout instead of putting it on Vinatieri's leg for no reason.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

N: Jags have an insanely easy 6 game stretch coming up.

V: Still gonna lose the even week games

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

In week 10, the Chargers are going to murder the Jaguars at home; Phillip Rivers has their number.
In week 12 at the Cardinals, they will get some special teams bullshit, or get their OL functioning just in time to for Adrian Peterson to take a switch to the Jaguars run defense, or something bizarro. Or major injury ot Jaguars that takes the wind out of the sails.
In week 14 the Seahawks at home is not "insanely easy".
In week 16 the 49ers will have stopped sucking? This one is hard.

Jaguars beat the Titans week 17 (because they always split) to win the division. I'd love for this to somehow end up with the Jaguars having a 1st round bye in order to not have to play week 18, so then week 19 they could win in the Divisional Round, only to lose to the Patriots in week 20.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 24, 2017

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

purkey posted:

Man, I'm just happy we went from a dumpster fire to a middle of the pack team. :yaycloud:

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

In week 10, the Chargers are going to murder the Jaguars at home; Phillip Rivers has their number.
In week 12 the Cardinals will get some special teams bullshit, or get their OL functioning just in time to for Adrian Peterson to take a switch to the Jaguars run defense, or something bizarro. Or major injury ot Jaguars that takes the wind out of the sails.
In week 14 the Seahawks at home is not "insanely easy".
In week 16 the 49ers will have stopped sucking? This one is hard.

Meant to type 5 weeks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Meant to type 5 weeks.
That makes more sense hahah

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Randaconda posted:

Man, I'm just happy we went from a dumpster fire to a middle of the pack team. :yaycloud:

A top tier QB murdering team though

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

A top tier QB murdering team though
Feels so good.

Also I edited my post for more comedy odd week bullshit.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Yeah it's weird going to work knowing your team beat somebody else's. Badly.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

What's really weird is the Jags have the second best point differential in the NFL

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Waiting for week 9 is going to be hard. I cannot wait to see how many times the Jaguars can sack Andy Dalton.

TSBX posted:

Yeah it's weird going to work knowing your team beat somebody else's. Badly.
I wore my Jaguars baseball cap around yesterday and got a lot of "whoaaaa they DO exist" looks (I'm in NC so its mostly Steelers, Bills, Redskins, and Panthers fans here).

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Waiting for week 9 is going to be hard. I cannot wait to see how many times the Jaguars can sack Andy Dalton.

I wore my Jaguars baseball cap around yesterday and got a lot of "whoaaaa they DO exist" looks (I'm in NC so its mostly Steelers, Bills, Redskins, and Panthers fans here).

I'm going to be at the game in Cleveland....

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

I'm going to be at the game in Cleveland....
edit: oh I got that backwards...you get to watch <insert Browns QB here> die on the field when Yannick and Campbell arrive at the QB's chest at the same time, on the first Browns pass attempt.

edit2: OH LAWD THEY JUST LOST JOE THOMAS, TOO

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 24, 2017

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lol at jags fans posting optimistically about the season

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

Lol at jags fans posting optimistically about the season
Hey this is the first time in a decade, give us some slack. We know something dumb is going to happen and bring the team back down to earth. Let us enjoy being good at something for once, jerk.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Hey this is the first time in a decade, give us some slack. We know something dumb is going to happen and bring the team back down to earth. Let us enjoy being good at something for once, jerk.

I will not allow joy to be posted in this division thread

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Metapod posted:

I will not allow joy to be posted in this division thread
I'll remember this...

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Also, something good happening to the jags would be going 7-9

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This as all well and good as long as we're clear the Titans are winning the Super Bowl this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Jags are going to win the division

In Texans news, Duane Brown has ended his holdout

• Locked thread