Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

Reminder: The Pats D is one of the worst in the league, currently. We couldn't hang 20 points on them with a special teams ace playing corner.

Patriots @ Saints: Saints scored 20.
Patriots v Panthers: Panthers scored 30.
Patriots @ Bucs: Bucs scored 14.
Patriots v Falcons: Falcons scored 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

ulmont posted:

or to list it another way:

Panthers
Saints
===== Jets Zone =====
Buccaneers
Falcons

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.

Barudak posted:

“Candidate Brees(D)”

Current Gov is a D. Mayor of New Orleans, previous senator, and Mayor before last.

Dems can win in the right regions.

But Brees isn't a Dem, which might be how he gets pushed into New Orleans as a mayoral candidate with crazy donations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE
Massive hate-watching last night.

https://twitter.com/JWBrownIII/status/922459282255249408

MJBuddy posted:

But Brees isn't a Dem

Or a voter, really.

ulmont fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 23, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
https://twitter.com/ThatTerenius/status/922340792714366976

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ulmont posted:

Really, Bucs should have scored 23, but Nick Folk.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Silly Burrito posted:

You tell me any scenario in which Brees wins another Super Bowl for the Saints, runs for Louisiana Political Office X and doesn't win.

one in which he retires to Texas, because we kill our football heroes in Louisiana.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Falcons brought back Spoon with Duke sidelined for a month.

Uggggggggh this year just keeps getting worse. Love me some Spoon but he sucks now.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

weird Asian candy posted:

Falcons brought back Spoon with Duke sidelined for a month.

Uggggggggh this year just keeps getting worse. Love me some Spoon but he sucks now.

RIP

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

This is a good post/av combination.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
The Panthers tried out Roberto Aguayo today

Kill me

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

zimbomonkey posted:

Kill me

Why? Did Graham Gano die or something?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Panthers might not have a good offense until the big cat dies. The dude is still stuck in the 70s with his mentality that the team should be built on a running foundation with stout defense.

Rivera is fine as a head coach. He (it seems) can get the players buying in no doubt in part because he's a former player and has always had an at least serviceable defense while pretty much not paying a dime for the secondary.

I don't think he has the power to fire Shula though and its a drat shame. He should have been tossed last year. Hell they never should have hired him over Hue Jackson or should have brought Chudzinski back when he got sacked in Cleveland.

Makes me hate that we got rid of Gettleman. He for drat sure would have pulled the trigger when it needed pulling.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Bucs signed the corpse of Daryl Tapp.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Who the hell is Daryl Tapp

e: like even after looking him up I still have no memory of the guy

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Oct 25, 2017

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

BlindSite posted:

Panthers might not have a good offense until the big cat dies. The dude is still stuck in the 70s with his mentality that the team should be built on a running foundation with stout defense.

Rivera is fine as a head coach. He (it seems) can get the players buying in no doubt in part because he's a former player and has always had an at least serviceable defense while pretty much not paying a dime for the secondary.

I don't think he has the power to fire Shula though and its a drat shame. He should have been tossed last year. Hell they never should have hired him over Hue Jackson or should have brought Chudzinski back when he got sacked in Cleveland.

Makes me hate that we got rid of Gettleman. He for drat sure would have pulled the trigger when it needed pulling.

Panthers aren’t an organization that cares about winning as their top priority. They care more about appearances (e.g. protect the shield, no tattoos on QBs, no protesting, and don’t do anything that looks bad like cutting lovely old players and coaches).

Until Richardson dies, they’ll always be like that.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

zimbomonkey posted:

Kill me

As a waterboy?

EDIT: Well dammit, Gano is hurt.
Why the hell did we release Harrison Butker after keeping him for the 53-man cut???

Shiki Dan fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Oct 25, 2017

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

As a waterboy?

EDIT: Well dammit, Gano is hurt.
Why the hell did we release Harrison Butker after keeping him for the 53-man cut???

He wasn’t released. He was taken off the PS. nothing they could have done.

They tried to trade gano and had no takers.

Butker could have just as easily been the one hurt.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

zimbomonkey posted:

Kill me

Signed to the practice squad....so we still don't have a kicker on the active roster, if Gano's knee is hosed?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

oldskool posted:

Signed to the practice squad....so we still don't have a kicker on the active roster, if Gano's knee is hosed?

I can't wait for this to somehow come back and haunt the Bucs for years.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

wandler20 posted:

I can't wait for this to somehow come back and haunt the Bucs for years.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

At least Bryant was pretty awesome before they got rid of him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Noah Spence getting a second shoulder surgery. Season likely done. As if the pass rush wasn't already terrible.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Noah Spence getting a second shoulder surgery. Season likely done. As if the pass rush wasn't already terrible.

I propose we join forces to take out the mighty Saints, what say you?

We will be known as the Tampanta Falcucs and we will strike fear in the hearts of Saints defenders as we line up Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Mo Sanu, OJ Howard and average 92 points per game! This way you can always kinda have Bryant back :shobon:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
All you need to do is hire a baboon- level replacement for Sark and you're fine. Why involve the bucs?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I propose we join forces to take out the mighty Saints, what say you?

We will be known as the Tampanta Falcucs and we will strike fear in the hearts of Saints defenders as we line up Devonta Freeman, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Mo Sanu, OJ Howard and average 92 points per game! This way you can always kinda have Bryant back :shobon:

Yeah, I don't think the Bucs have enough to offer.

Check out the Panthers injury report:

https://twitter.com/BuccaneersComms/status/923278205364113410

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Yeah, I don't think the Bucs have enough to offer.

Check out the Panthers injury report:

https://twitter.com/BuccaneersComms/status/923278205364113410

So am I reading that correctly that Kuechly and Kurt Coleman are going to be back on Sunday?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

wandler20 posted:

He better never take off his shoulder brace again. So not thrilled that the pick I was most happy about from the 2016 Draft is having such a hard time staying on the field.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

zimbomonkey posted:

All you need to do is hire a baboon- level replacement for Sark and you're fine. Why involve the bucs?

Because they have some players I salivate over! Namely Evans and Howard and McCoy and Alexander and so on and so on

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

ozymandius1024 posted:

So am I reading that correctly that Kuechly and Kurt Coleman are going to be back on Sunday?

Coleman almost assuredly yes, Kuechly's still in protocol but judging by full participation he's in the final phase before being cleared.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

oldskool posted:

Coleman almost assuredly yes, Kuechly's still in protocol but judging by full participation he's in the final phase before being cleared.

Please stay healthy :pray: (both of them)

Not that it'll matter, if the offense continues to be a loving trash fire.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs moved Hargreaves to the slot last week and allowed 0 catches on 4 targets. Of course McClain got a concussion and will be out this week so Hargreaves will probably have to play outside this week. They also signed a Deji Olatoye. Played with the Falcons last year I guess.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

#6? I mean, COME ON.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Matt is such a cheesy politically correct pud sometimes.

https://twitter.com/FalconsKelsey/status/923281847018287104

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

wandler20 posted:

#6? I mean, COME ON.

Welp, there goes Carolina's season.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

wandler20 posted:

#6? I mean, COME ON.

Shame they couldn’t give him #59

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Because they have some players I salivate over! Namely Evans and Howard and McCoy and Alexander and so on and so on

Hell, I'd take Cameron Brate at this point. Toilolo hasn't even been looked at all season.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

Hell, I'd take Cameron Brate at this point. Toilolo hasn't even been looked at all season.

Neither has Hooper.

Neither has Coleman.

Neither has Julio.

Screw Sark smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Chilichimp posted:

From my cold, dead hands etc

• Locked thread