Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

She's still alive and we'll rescue her one day, I don't care what you JP players say. :colbert:

:hai:

I believe in the director.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Director lives on in CEs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Douche Phoenix posted:

Never knew you couldn't use two of the same servants on a team, ya learn something new every day. Also, is the Halloween Maid CE supposed to drop in the 40AP quest or is it some other one?
Maid in Halloween drops in the 40AP. It kind of sucks outside of getting you more bat drops.

Halloween Princess drops in the 30AP and is the one people want thanks to it being both a NP charge and NP attack booster.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Douche Phoenix posted:

Never knew you couldn't use two of the same servants on a team, ya learn something new every day. Also, is the Halloween Maid CE supposed to drop in the 40AP quest or is it some other one?

Technically you can run a support servant who's the same as another one on your team but you can't double up with the same servant otherwise. So there's literally no reason to not burn any extra copies of a servant once you've NP5'd them as far as I'm aware.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Crasical posted:

Hahaha yep
Not even a level 90 Gil can carry me hard enough to clear these missions versus Kiyohime, my Servants just don't have the levels.
Your Anne is at 50 and your Herc is at 46. You're not bad on attack power, but widdling down Kiyohime is a tall order until they get stronger. Have you tried running a 90 Jeanne support? Her stun works pretty well against Kiyohime to give you a free turn, and her NP can also give you a few free swings as well as HP.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Tae posted:

If you could use multiple servants, would it be better than variety

cause the only immediate thing is how goddamn annoying triple Cu would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYzMnEamuVk

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Crasical posted:

Hahaha yep
Not even a level 90 Gil can carry me hard enough to clear these missions versus Kiyohime, my Servants just don't have the levels.

That's fine, I got all the candy and copies of Liz that I needed, so nothing else this event is going to be painfully missable. I can pour the rest into copies of Halloween Princess and Exp cards.

Do you have like, a taunt Servant like Mash or Leo or Georg?

I mean, I feel like a level 90 Gilgamesh could destroy or nearly destroy the last wave with Kiyo in one turn with NP + Two Command Cards + Charisma + ATK Mystic Code.

Having Leo and Georg to take the heat off your carry can really help you survive.

EDIT: Alternatively, use a Saber Alter because she has Charisma + Mana Burst and her NP is way more powerful than it has any right to be.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hate-Senpai posted:

Do you have like, a taunt Servant like Mash
I wish I had a Mash.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
By the way why does the op say this

quote:

It will always require five grails to fully cap the servant from whatever their final ascension cap was to Level 100, the grail cap.
cause I'm pretty sure that's not true

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mash has a taunt!?

But really, when can us NA players expect to get her past 40 anyway?

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

a kitten posted:

Mash has a taunt!?

But really, when can us NA players expect to get her past 40 anyway?

No, Mash doesn't have a taunt on NA yet. She gets both that and her next ascension with the next story chapter, London.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh right I forget that Mash doesn't have Taunt in NA yet.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
For the 30 AP, I have a NP3 Saber friend that can basically solo it once you stack all the attack boosts. Nearly one-shot the final wave by herself.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I can't believe Olga is loving dead.

No, seriously, I can't believe that five apples in (not always even farming Vlad) I still haven't had a Halloween Princess drop. I've drat near cleared the shop of both cupcake and candle drops, aka, everything else I needed.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kiyohime was easy peasy for my team <_<. I also just need one Halloween Princess drop to LB it.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Anything that hits level 90 will always require 5 grails to reach 100. It only goes up by 2 levels after 90.

So it's technically not wrong.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

RanKizama posted:

Your Anne is at 50 and your Herc is at 46. You're not bad on attack power, but widdling down Kiyohime is a tall order until they get stronger. Have you tried running a 90 Jeanne support? Her stun works pretty well against Kiyohime to give you a free turn, and her NP can also give you a few free swings as well as HP.

That's not me. All my servants are under level 30.

Hate-Senpai posted:

Do you have like, a taunt Servant like Mash or Leo or Georg?

I mean, I feel like a level 90 Gilgamesh could destroy or nearly destroy the last wave with Kiyo in one turn with NP + Two Command Cards + Charisma + ATK Mystic Code.

Having Leo and Georg to take the heat off your carry can really help you survive.

EDIT: Alternatively, use a Saber Alter because she has Charisma + Mana Burst and her NP is way more powerful than it has any right to be.

It was a random support's Gil, so I wasn't allowed to use the Noble Phantasm. I do have a Leonidas, but I haven't leveled him at all.

Also, I got a Halloween Princess drop. Yaaaaay. I should be able to get the rest of the ones from the shop by just grinding for bats.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Crasical posted:

Yeah, I think you got mistaken for me, because I have a 50 Anne and a 46 Hercules. I've been using those two with a beefy friend Saber or Saber Alter, and haven't had any real trouble from Kiyohime. Of course, Hercules and my friend both have CEs that start them with at least 50% NP meter, and I focus on taking my time building up NP meter for at least two of the three the first two rounds, then just use all attack boosts and use every NP immediately. After that, there's very little threat.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Crasical posted:

It was a random support's Gil, so I wasn't allowed to use the Noble Phantasm. I do have a Leonidas, but I haven't leveled him at all.

Also, I got a Halloween Princess drop. Yaaaaay. I should be able to get the rest of the ones from the shop by just grinding for bats.

You need more friends w/ lvl 90s whose NPs you can use, that's basically me on NA leeching off of everyone's hard work bc I'm too lazy to max out anyone yet. That being said, try to get any 4*s you have to lvl 50 and your 3*s to 40 bc you need to be at that threshold to do Halloween more efficiently at the very least.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 24, 2017

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Level 90 and up only gives 2 levels per grail, so it takes 5 grails to go from 90 to 100.

Anything below that gives 5 levels per grail.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Level 90 and up only gives 2 levels per grail, so it takes 5 grails to go from 90 to 100.

Anything below that gives 5 levels per grail.

Actually, 1-Stars go from 60 to 70 while 2-Stars go from 65 to 70.

:goonsay:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I got some nice 3 star drops from my free gacha after work, and I got a Caesar and a Cu Chulain. Caesar I think I might not have a choice but to level, since there aren't really any other cheap Sabers around, but I did want some opinions on him. I also previously had a Prototype-Chu, and was considering feeding him to the non-prototype version and just leveling that version of him.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Just started playing this week. Seems really unconventional for a gacha. The odds of rolling a five star are ridiculously horrible but many 3 star heroes are viable and there's no cooldown on using your friend's overpowered servant as a support. I guess I'll see how long I can keep rolling with my current team of grim reaper man, Julius Caesar, and my friend's maxed out Heracles.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Don't feed Servants to each other.

Caesar is great. Cu is pretty much titleholder for the best 3* in the game.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Grim reaper man is super good and works well with Caesar. I neglected Caesar for the longest time because of Umu but he's pretty good once I got him high enough and stuck him in a quick team.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Crasical posted:

I got some nice 3 star drops from my free gacha after work, and I got a Caesar and a Cu Chulain. Caesar I think I might not have a choice but to level, since there aren't really any other cheap Sabers around, but I did want some opinions on him. I also previously had a Prototype-Chu, and was considering feeding him to the non-prototype version and just leveling that version of him.

Caesar is really pretty decent. He's the only Saber currently with a single target damaging NP, even if some later Sabers begin to outclass him a bit. Honestly, on a pure value/cost level he's maybe the third or fourth best saber currently available. Normal Cu is better than proto Cu, but it's generally worth keeping at least one copy of every servant you can. Normal Cu may be better, but you want to keep as many options for later as possible.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Caesar is an awesome "budget" (that is, 3 star) saber. His NP hits pretty drat hard and is relatively "easy" to NP5 (with time), his skills provide pretty good support to the team (party-wide NP strength boost, party-wide Attack boost, targeted Critical Damage boost), he's also kinda funny to boot.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

many 3 star heroes are viable

Even many of the 1 and 2 stars are quite useful. Hans Christian Anderson is the man and would be nearly Merlin Tier (or at least Waver tier) if he had a better rarity/stats, as is for a 2star caster he is amazing.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 24, 2017

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Don't feed Servants to each other.
Eh, it's not like there's anything to do with excess 1/2*s. You don't get mana prisms for selling them and an absolute pittance of QP so they're really only useful as XP fodder.

Obviously though only do this once the servant in question is NP5 though, may as well keep a good copy around. As noted there's a lot of useful low-star servants. And at this point in the game there's no reason not to keep one of everyone you have access to, if you absolutely need space just shove the completely useless servant into the freezer second inventory.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Caesar sounds like he'd be pretty good once he (and the team he's on) are developed and leveled. But early on, he seems kinda squishy and doesn't help much w/ damage. Cu, on the other hand, is a way better tank (especially once he gets his second skill), and thus seems way more useful early on. And probably more useful later as well, but I'm not there yet.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
I have every 2* servant at NP 5/5 except Eric. Eric is only NP 1/5.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i would like jeanne alter because i would like to make a party of marie and jeanne alter where marie makes jeanne alter see the value of vive la france

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

Crasical posted:

You should post your friend code to leech off of our high level servants. I just did a purge of inactives on my list so I have room for you. Let Uncle Vlad carry you.

Here's mine, 054,338,531.

Little Abigail fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Oct 24, 2017

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

InfinityComplex posted:

Anything that hits level 90 will always require 5 grails to reach 100. It only goes up by 2 levels after 90.

So it's technically not wrong.

It is technically wrong because 90 is only "their final ascension cap" if they're a 5* servant. It takes way more than five grails to get a lower rank servant up to level 100.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Used a Tamamo as a support that had her third ascension and I'm back to being insanely jealous again.

I kind of would like to roll one more time but at this point I don't need any of the Halloween CEs so I guess...wait until Valentine's? Looks like that'd be her next rateup.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Because I was tired when I wrote it and never changed it

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Nate RFB posted:

Used a Tamamo as a support that had her third ascension and I'm back to being insanely jealous again.

I kind of would like to roll one more time but at this point I don't need any of the Halloween CEs so I guess...wait until Valentine's? Looks like that'd be her next rateup.

Stay strong. She’s not limited so there will be a chance to get her whenever.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nate RFB posted:

Since you're on my friend list, good chances it was mine. I'm Im sorry. :shobon:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Since you're on my friend list, good chances it was mine. I'm Im sorry. :shobon:

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Halloween 2017 starts in JP after the next maintenance, and it has an animation update for Camilla!

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/halloween2017/

http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/1024jeiw/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

I'll take Carmilla updates over another useless lizard.