Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D1E
Nov 25, 2001

"Check the cooch."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

veni veni veni posted:

Oh yeah. What did the guy try to do to the country girl that freaked her out? I couldn't understand a word of what anyone was saying in that scene.

Try to have sex with her. She isn't cut out for "the life".

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

I won't be able to watch for a few weeks, is is kosher to throw a spoiler bar on it as reveal?

My advice: just avoid the thread for a while

Orange Devil posted:

"Alright let me tell you guys something, I don't gently caress up nearly as much as people say I do."
"Well, on that inspirational note, I'll pretend to be encouraged."

That was my favorite part of the episode up until the the cold blooded shooting. drat, Leon really wanted to do something special and make that hopple popple for her. The Wire reference was just icing.

I also enjoyed the Bobby subplot about falling for a hooker who was more than willing to play him.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Dmitri-9 posted:

Why did Ashley balk at working in a brothel? It sounds a lot safer and nicer than working on the street.

Do we really need to explain why a woman might have had enough of being repeatedly slammed in the crotch by multiple strangers' dicks?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

What the heck is Frank Sobotka doing with Tiffany?

I don't run a whorehouse but even I know falling for a hooker is probably a bad idea.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

JethroMcB posted:

More or less what he told Alston - he's part of the new guard that's looking to clean up the NYPD, and wants the real story on the precinct, how deep the corruption runs and who the dirtiest cops are.

Thanks for that context, makes a lot more sense.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm interested to see what happens to Reggie's girls, I assume they'll end up with other pimps

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was wrong about how that scene was going to play out over and over. "He'll yell at him and kick him out. OK, he'll rough him up a bit and then kick him out. He'll just menace him with the gun, but he won't shoot him. OK, the gunshot won't be fatal."

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Leon did not strike me as someone who takes half measures.

Anyway, any theories on who this is from the preview?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dmitri-9 posted:

Try to have sex with her. She isn't cut out for "the life".

Was she just giving out BJs until then or something? I figured he tried to put it in her butt.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Professor Shark posted:

Anyway, any theories on who this is from the preview?

I've suspect that it's Frankie since that shot appeared in an early trailer...primarily because I wonder how committed Franco is to the dual role thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Was she just giving out BJs until then or something? I figured he tried to put it in her butt.

I'm really not sure what happened there either. I thought maybe she just had a breakdown.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I think she tried to say No or Wait but that wasn't what he'd paid for :smith:

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I'm calling that D'Angelo Barksdale is gonna get killed by a cop for outing the internal corruption on the police force - possibly even by his partner.

EDIT: mispelled loving "police"

D1E fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 23, 2017

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Also if didn't watch The Wire and you don't know who we're talking about then watch The Wire.

You'll be glad you did. And also sad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: I'm sure everyone here has watched the Wire by now.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Do we really need to explain why a woman might have had enough of being repeatedly slammed in the crotch by multiple strangers' dicks?

She's a Times Square streetwalker who was cut by her pimp a few episodes ago but being shown the door of the brothel changed her mind.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I refuse to believe anyone reading this thread has not watch it

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Professor Shark posted:

LOL well they won't admit it now.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

D1E posted:

I'm calling that D'Angelo Barksdale is gonna get killed by a cop for outing the internal corruption on the police force - possibly even by his partner.

EDIT: mispelled loving "police"

drat, I had no idea that was D.

EDIT: drat, didn't know who Larry was either.

Onomarchus fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 24, 2017

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Onomarchus posted:

drat, I had no idea that was D.

EDIT: drat, didn't know who Larry was either.

Yeah the curls and 70s facial hair threw me off for a few episodes.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

"I'll say!"

I'd feel ripped off that The Karate Kid has done no karate if the last episode hadn't been so good.

Matty the Horse is real and had a gay club called the Hay Market.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Escobarbarian posted:

I'm really not sure what happened there either. I thought maybe she just had a breakdown.

Thunderthighs spells it out, some ain't built for it.

Professor Shark posted:

I have not, just one of those shows that slipped me by. Only reason I'm a fan of this show is because I previously saw it for work, which is true for a lot of shows I've enjoyed.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 24, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Well, time to get on it then. it's basically all of the things that make the Deuce great but it's probably actually better.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Well, time to get on it then. it's basically all of the things that make the Deuce great but it's probably actually better.

There is an absolutely brilliant scene in The Wire in which the dialog consists of nothing more than like 20 uses of the word "gently caress" and facial expressions.

Seriously, watch The Wire. You'll come across so many actors you now have seen in many roles but who were discovered on that show, and who found permanent places in our hearts.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

Onomarchus posted:

Matty the Horse is real and had a gay club called the Hay Market.

Yeah these guys are the gangsters famous in NY: Vinny the Chin, Joey Gallo, the real Fat Tony.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Professor Shark posted:

My advice: just avoid the thread for a while

That was my favorite part of the episode up until the the cold blooded shooting. drat, Leon really wanted to do something special and make that hopple popple for her. The Wire reference was just icing.

I also enjoyed the Bobby subplot about falling for a hooker who was more than willing to play him.

Nah I really just wanted someone to tell me what happened I don't give a poo poo about spoilers lol.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

veni veni veni posted:

What's your av from anyway.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

3Romeo posted:

I think I'm with you on this. She's a great actress and the character is good and complicated, but it's almost like she's a transplant from this year sent back into the 70's world of the show. Her sensibilities feel about three decades ahead of the curve (but maybe that's the entire point of the character - showing that she's ahead of her time but also giving the modern-day audience an attitude analog). She certainly isn't bad by any means, but I do agree that she's a little out of place.

For a spoiled college kid in the early 70s? She's not really ahead of the curve at all, the counterculture movement pushed hard left. She only seems unusually progressive in comparison to what came afterwards.

She's very obviously out of her element in regards to her current life situation, but that is the point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's your av from anyway.

Trailer for a game called Mother Russia Bleeds.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Milo and POTUS posted:

Nah I really just wanted someone to tell me what happened I don't give a poo poo about spoilers lol.

At the end of the episode Reggie Love is mistreating and getting angry with Melissa in the diner, which is a thing he'd been doing all episode. Leon, who's spent the entire episode trying to cheer her up and being thwarted by that mistreatment, gets fed up with Reggie after he backtalks and immediately reaches under the counter, pulls out a .44 magnum, and blasts Reggie Love full-on who falls into the tables in the middle of the diner dead. At this point he slowly sets the gun down, calls the cops on himself, and offers Melissa some coffee. She then runs away. Best scene in the show.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Also given how David Simon has now used the "I just shot a nigga, come pick him up" line in 2 shows now, there's a pretty strong chance this is a thing someone has actually done and said for real and he learned it somewhere during his time as a reporter or working with ex-cops for shows.

Asbury
Mar 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
Hair Elf

Orange Devil posted:

Also given how David Simon has now used the "I just shot a nigga, come pick him up" line in 2 shows now, there's a pretty strong chance this is a thing someone has actually done and said for real and he learned it somewhere during his time as a reporter or working with ex-cops for shows.

I was thinking that myself. It's probably one of those stories you can't help but keep retelling.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
It totally went right over my head these past 7 episodes that Reggie is Tariq from the Roots and I still can't believe it. Slim Charles remains the best, though.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

It's really too bad that it wasn't Rodney (Method Man) that he killed

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Orange Devil posted:

I think I've seen that he has actually confirmed this, but the real event happened in Baltimore not NYC.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I don’t think Simon let’s details get in the way of a good story. See: everything Omar

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
The TV IV > The Deuce: Another Day, Another Buncha Dicks!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^ prof shark please PM muscles about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Maggie Gyllenhaal is way too frumpy for this part.

• Locked thread