Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

homeless snail posted:

Okay but what happens when you have the clear one

Invisible mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
No Nintendo console will ever again be as ugly as the limited edition Tales of Symphonia GC:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lemon-Lime posted:

No Nintendo console will ever again be as ugly as the limited edition Tales of Symphonia GC:

would fill with thermite

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemon-Lime posted:

Hey now, at least they included a matching Gameboy Player!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The Pokemon N64 with the big molded Pikachu on the console was pretty hideous.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Hey now, at least they included a matching Gameboy Player!

Not in Europe they didn't. :(

Ceramics
May 26, 2014

Lemon-Lime posted:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Lemon-Lime posted:

are you kidding me? The sticker on top is heinous but that shade of blue is supoib.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

are you kidding me? The sticker on top is heinous but that shade of blue is supoib.

It's not a sticker, it's an image under the clear plastic top of the disc cover.

It's also not blue, it's a horrible pastel green.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Lemon-Lime posted:

It's not a sticker, it's an image under the clear plastic top of the disc cover.

You mean a gorgeous pastel green. It's like toothpaste, I love it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I haven't played a Kirby game since the GameCube one. What's the best Kirby game for the 3ds?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Planet Robobot

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Lemon-Lime posted:

Dude there's a friggin' Hilfiger Game Boy, this poo poo doesn't even register.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

The Ninth Layer posted:

I haven't played a Kirby game since the GameCube one. What's the best Kirby game for the 3ds?

Robobot, 100%

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

is this canon

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

POCKET CHOMP posted:

is this canon

Yes, Mario got a bad henna tattoo of those fad tribal designs and it rubbed off a couple of days later

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

POCKET CHOMP posted:

is this canon

No

Spellman
May 31, 2011

He lasered off his tattoos and hair not because he's going to the beach, but because it's his wedding day

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Style boutique 3 demo, is addictive as hell, I don't want to buy this game but I can feel it's pull..... gonna dress all the anime girls and boys then let them sing songs for me

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

nerd_of_prey posted:

Style boutique 3 demo, is addictive as hell, I don't want to buy this game but I can feel it's pull..... gonna dress all the anime girls and boys then let them sing songs for me

I seem to recall that the last installment was criticized a bit for doing away with some things from the one preceding it. Does this fix them?

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010

Argue posted:

I seem to recall that the last installment was criticized a bit for doing away with some things from the one preceding it. Does this fix them?

I didn't play the first one, but I got the second one very cheap. This one has brought back dressing men, which wasn't in the one I played and now you dress normal people and popstars at a studio, I guess that replaces the runway shows from the last one? The brands and image styles seem similar, the clothes are much better than real life clothes still.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There are early pictures of the Pokemon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon download cards from Japan. Some characters and plot points can be inferred from the screenshots on it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I.. I have a confession to make. I wanted this thing very badly when it came out like 14-15 years ago. Those tacky tribal tattoos were pretty cool for my brain-addled self (and apparently everyone else at the time) and by god my Game Boy was gonna have one.

Luckily I was too broke and only ended up buying a preowned, normal gray SP and it was all better for it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Argue posted:

It's hard to tell because they announced it so suddenly and haven't posted a ton of info (especially not in English) but they look to have swung it back towards game #2, at least a little.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The 90s were a weird time.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

nah that imagine is peak 00's

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I mean... sure, but what does that have to do with a handheld that came out in 2003

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Everybody knows the 90's went from 1988-2005

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Everybody knows the 90's went from 1988-2005

Thereabouts, yes :colbert:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Tribal tattoos are insanely 90s

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

They were a 2000s thing, where their peak coincided with the equally tacky Ed Hardy (RIPD)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

This week's drop (all releases Oct 26, unless otherwise stated).

Note: eShop updates at 12 noon EDT/9am PDT for NA, 15.00 CEST/14.00 BST for Europe.

3DS
Worcle Worlds - $9.99 / £7.99 / €8.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Worcle – short for "Words in a Circle" – is a new puzzle game from Lightwood Games. Shoot balls into the circle to make words. Create words of three or more letters to clear the balls but watch out for the swirling vortex! Don't let the circle fill up or you'll get sucked in and it's game over. Clear the circle completely for bonus points or create cascades of words for high scoring multipliers. Journey through 10 unique game worlds, each with their own rules and letter mixes.

New 3DS
Halloween Night Archery - $1.99 / £1.79 / €1.99
[NA eShop] [EU eShop]
Test your skills and play this Halloween themed archery game. You can choose from 2 game modes with 3 variants. In Classic mode your task is to reach the highscore with 10 arrows from 5,10 or 15 meters, In the arcade mode you have 30,45 or 60 seconds to beat your highest score. Do you have what it takes to be the best archer?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Lemon-Lime posted:

That's the color they paint the walls in mental institutions

And Russian military aircraft cockpits

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Saoshyant posted:

I.. I have a confession to make. I wanted this thing very badly when it came out like 14-15 years ago. Those tacky tribal tattoos were pretty cool for my brain-addled self (and apparently everyone else at the time) and by god my Game Boy was gonna have one.

Luckily I was too broke and only ended up buying a preowned, normal gray SP and it was all better for it.

My Gba SP is the tribal tattoo one. Bought it second hand off a friend. I didn't even realise at first that was the design, I thought she stuck stickers on it or something.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Goddammit. Finally attached my old NNID to this New 2DS XL and downloaded a bunch of games. Now the top screen won't turn on, the system won't turn off completely without me holding the power button down for 10 seconds, and when I put it to sleep it won't wake up at all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, I'm slow.

I don't think I ever would've noticed that one without this.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Man, I'm slow.

I don't think I ever would've noticed that one without this.

Is this loss.jpg???

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Phantom hour glass...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wasn't too fond of Phantom Hourglass, but I loved that Gold Triforce DS Lite.

And then the hinge on mine broke when I dropped it from a couple inches high on to the newly installed wood flooring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Detective No. 27 posted:

I wasn't too fond of Phantom Hourglass, but I loved that Gold Triforce DS Lite.

And then the hinge on mine broke when I dropped it from a couple inches high on to the newly installed wood flooring.

One of the hinges on my DS Lite broke too, but it was intact enough to still function. Were the hinges on those things just awful weak points?