Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How's it like having Dark_Tzitzimine as your brother?

I guess at least he qualifies that some recent stuff made him not be basically a Liefeld character. Between Red Hood and Ryan Gosling I think he just has a crush on men wearing cool jackets. Even though he talks poo poo about Mohawk Storm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

People love the punisher outside of niche forums.

It's Woolie and Matt being ignorant while thinking they're totally right. Like crazy talk except without the back-down.

It's funny, I'm at most a casual comic book reader, used to grab stuff out of the 25 cent bin, and literally every single time Death appeared in anything I read, she was sexy body skullface lady. So I can see Woolie having the same ideas if he fell out of reading marvel stuff recently, assuming she changed relatively recently

Edit oh maaaaaan, liam got boned out of the true ending of nier automata because of whatever happened to his psn account. That super sucks. He bashed his head up against a nigh-unwinnable fight thanks to that for nearly two hours, which likely neutered the impact of it

Nope nevermind it totally got him just like it got me despite his endless struggle :3:

"I CAN'T DEAL!"

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 23, 2017

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Matt hinting at future LPs and stuff on his own channel

Is that a new Mailbag, or some game I'm not familiar with? That'd be weird if it was the former.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

nerdman42 posted:

Is that a new Mailbag, or some game I'm not familiar with? That'd be weird if it was the former.

Papers Please maybe?

I don't know anything about papers please

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Seriously was not expecting Shantae.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

nerdman42 posted:

Welp. Time to ship Matt one Collected Works of Miyazaki pack.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/919682704731508737
https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/919685996643536896

Paige is the only person on the Zaibatsu Circle that understands DBZ.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

It's funny, I'm at most a casual comic book reader, used to grab stuff out of the 25 cent bin, and literally every single time Death appeared in anything I read, she was sexy body skullface lady. So I can see Woolie having the same ideas if he fell out of reading marvel stuff recently, assuming she changed relatively recently

Edit oh maaaaaan, liam got boned out of the true ending of nier automata because of whatever happened to his psn account. That super sucks. He bashed his head up against a nigh-unwinnable fight thanks to that for nearly two hours, which likely neutered the impact of it

Nope nevermind it totally got him just like it got me despite his endless struggle :3:

"I CAN'T DEAL!"

The combination of finally getting help from users the world over after 2 hours of pain, the stream chat cheering him on, and Liam crying real tears was the most heartwarming thing I've ever seen in videogames.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Rodyle posted:

I don't think Matt's ever going to be better than he was in the Punisher LP, relatedly.

SMELLS LIKE... ITALIAAAAAN!

I'm playing through the old hunters and watching the lp as i go, Matt is really good in this

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Compilations are gooooo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WexGlXNPoqE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfTdYZYP6Tc

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Did people like the Night in the Woods LP?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was a fun LP of a good game.

Edit: This was an actually fun episode of Marc Eckos crap since it's clear they were trying to finish it that night and getting super upset at its bullshit.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 23, 2017

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I love the stupidity of the MVCI story mode. It was never going to be good, but it's entertaining enough!

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Re: Neogaf

It's melting down as we speak especially after it came to light that the site's owner, Tyler Malka, blamed it all on Scientology sex cults. I'm not kidding.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

I love the stupidity of the MVCI story mode. It was never going to be good, but it's entertaining enough!

Hulk and Ryu teaming up to beat that giant monster hunter monster was pretty cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

theCalamity posted:

Re: Neogaf

It's melting down as we speak especially after it came to light that the site's owner, Tyler Malka, blamed it all on Scientology sex cults. I'm not kidding.

Can I get a source on this? Not that I don't believe it I just wanna link a friend.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Can I get a source on this? Not that I don't believe it I just wanna link a friend.

i found a dramatic reading of it but not the actual post. i want it to be real though.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/371486419547586571/372190203651162112/THe_STatement.mp3

theres the link if you want to listen (she's bi)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Roobanguy posted:

i found a dramatic reading of it but not the actual post. i want it to be real though.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/371486419547586571/372190203651162112/THe_STatement.mp3

theres the link if you want to listen (she's bi)

The actual post was given to the mods when they demanded an explanation and then one of them anonymously leaked it. It also does not match up to what evilore has said on the forum itself or in the statements he gave to Waypoint.

here it is in text form

quote:

"Okay, so, this is a personal and somewhat complex web of nonsense involving a highly unstable individual I was friends and briefly FWBs with, but I can only assume there will be a never-ending clusterfuck on gaf now until the end of time, which inevitably involves you guys and gals on the mod team in some way, so I'm an open book here. The woman in question ended up being completely psychotic and held a grudge against me after a bizarre love triangle situation developed a few years ago between me, her, and another girl (the other girl I ended up in a long-term relationship with shortly thereafter). This NOLA story she apparently just put up on social media is a delusion of a deeply disturbed person who had a total psychological breakdown as a result of me and the other girl getting together, because she (phew, yeah…) became obsessively infatuated with the other girl (she's bi) on sight when the three of us met up. I wanted to just stay friends with the girl making the accusation and made it super super clear ahead of time that me and the other girl were interested in each other romantically and that could play out as such when we met up. Supposedly this was not a problem for her from accusation, but in reality she uhhh wanted me to die painfully after seeing me and the other girl interact. Plus she became infatuated with the other girl simultaneously to this (she's bi), which created the aforementioned bizarre love triangle that ended up causing her to implode and have an apparently very intense and long-lasting grudge. The whole story about how that love triangle thing played out is, frankly, nuts and scary, and involves this girl bringing us to a compound of dangerous scientology spinoff cultists on that same trip, who roofied us, attempted to recruit/scam me and attempted to abduct/rape the girl I ended up dating, in what was a loving scary situation that resulted in me and the other girl and the rest of my friend circle never speaking to this girl from the accusation again."

Basically it's the "bitches be crazy!" defense with an extra helping of making GBS threads on bi people and also there's a cult

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The weird thing is the topic is completely off limits on any TBF discussions despite them using the site very frequently and being members (or banned like Matt). I would figure they'd comment more on it at least. Edit: Oh I forgot the podcast was yesterday. Did they mention it there?
I guess Liam is throwing a little fit over it at least and being really upset.

HGH fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Oct 24, 2017

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

HGH posted:

The weird thing is the topic is completely off limits on any TBF discussions despite them using the site very frequently and being members (or banned like Matt). I would figure they'd comment more on it at least. Edit: Oh I forgot the podcast was yesterday. Did they mention it there?
I guess Liam is throwing a little fit over it at least and being really upset.

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/922113656980164610

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why is that surprising? They've conspicuously avoided having opinions on anything contentious.

They do acknowledge it in the podcast but don't really say much of anything.

EDIT: looking at it now, Liam's mostly lamenting having nowhere else to read up on and argue about sales figures which is the Liam-est response imaginable

EDIT EDIT: oh well there's Matt saying a thing

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

The actual post was given to the mods when they demanded an explanation and then one of them anonymously leaked it. It also does not match up to what evilore has said on the forum itself or in the statements he gave to Waypoint.

here it is in text form

Basically it's the "bitches be crazy!" defense with an extra helping of making GBS threads on bi people and also there's a cult

Maybe it's just me, but I think he needs to work on his story a little bit if this is what he wants to stick with.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I Love Annie May posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I think he needs to work on his story a little bit if this is what he wants to stick with.

What breaks it for you, the Scientology Sex Cult

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't really understand how someone can so bad at lying. Just babble something halfhearted about misreading signals while drunk and being sorry that she suffered because of it.

It's not like he was instantly put on the spot either. He had time to formulate a response.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Matts the only one that gets political and its very rare unless you've seen his twitter.

Also his channel is awesome, he is way too good at these kinect games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Visidan posted:

Matts the only one that gets political and its very rare unless you've seen his twitter.

Also his channel is awesome, he is way too good at these kinect games

I just can't get into solo content, no matter who it is

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Visidan posted:

Pat does too sometimes.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Matt's channel has improved, in my opinion. At first I really wasn't sure about it because he just babbled so dang much, but he's gotten better at editing himself and editing the videos, so they're way more entertaining now.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I know Woolie's joking but this "Monster Hunter THE FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER" poo poo still pisses me off.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Good job, you have successfully predicted Pat's opening lines for when he's next on the podcast.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

I know Woolie's joking but this "Monster Hunter THE FIGHTING GAME CHARACTER" poo poo still pisses me off.

Why / in what way?

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
Why wasn't Pat on the podcast?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Barent posted:

Why wasn't Pat on the podcast?

He's been in Japan

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Why / in what way?

Because I KNOW Woolie's just going to play Marvel, jerk off to female hunter fanart, and never actually play Monster Hunter.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

How dare he

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Are you that monster hunter fan Pat keeps making fun of

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The alternative is Woolie playing Monster Hunter, a fate nobody should suffer.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Neo_Crimson posted:

Because I KNOW Woolie's just going to play Marvel, jerk off to female hunter fanart, and never actually play Monster Hunter.

Why is that a problem if he really likes how the character plays / looks in Marvel?

This surely is not the only time someone has liked a guest character more then their original game's incarnation.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Oxyclean posted:

Why is that a problem if he really likes how the character plays / looks in Marvel?

This surely is not the only time someone has liked a guest character more then their original game's incarnation.

Because the cycle of "this thing Monster Hunter does IS SO COOL" -> "yeah and you can do that in the actual game" is getting annoying?

E: I realize I'm going all "aw you haven't seen DEATH NOTE?!" but gently caress it.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxyclean posted:

I can vouch for that. I hate Ultron in practically every incarnation of the character but he's super fun to play in MVCI so I enjoy him greatly there.