Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

This is extremely my poo poo, but I gotta say that for some reason I can't quite put my finger on, the concept of a one-man epic heavy metal band is hilarious to me. I mean, even Quorthon of all people had the good sense to pretend that his drum machine was his friend from Lappland or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I regret to inform anyone holding out for another Celtic Frost reunion that Martin Eric Ain has died

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

gently caress, aged 50. RIP

Mne nravitsya
Jul 14, 2017

Henchman of Santa posted:

I regret to inform anyone holding out for another Celtic Frost reunion that Martin Eric Ain has died

Wow. That’s a young age to die of a heart attack RIP

Mne nravitsya fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 22, 2017

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Son of a loving bitch. This year continues to get worse in every avenue.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Son of a loving bitch. This year continues to get worse in every avenue.

no kidding

https://twitter.com/DaveMustaine/status/920718757433085954
https://twitter.com/DaveMustaine/status/920720190249340929

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i would gladly trade all of megadeth for any single member of celtic frost

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Scott Putesky aka Daisy Berkowitz from Marilyn Manson also died today from colon cancer. :/

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Honestly, ticks are no loving joke. My girlfriend's mother was nearly killed because of contracting Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from one just a few months ago. Seriously, gently caress ticks.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i would gladly trade all of megadeth for any single member of celtic frost

Amen.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Honestly, ticks are no loving joke. My girlfriend's mother was nearly killed because of contracting Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from one just a few months ago. Seriously, gently caress ticks.
Lone star ticks, found pretty much anywhere east of the Mississippi, can make you allergic to red meat forever

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
One of my LARPer friends caught Lyme disease and it went untreated due to misdiagnosis, it's permanently affected their mobility and energy in a pretty bad way. Don't gently caress with ticks.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

MikeCrotch posted:

One of my LARPer friends caught Lyme disease and it went untreated due to misdiagnosis, it's permanently affected their mobility and energy in a pretty bad way. Don't gently caress with ticks.

Yeah every larp I ever went to people were super friggin careful about checking for ticks.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

silvergoose posted:

Yeah every larp I ever went to people were super friggin careful about checking for ticks.

LARPing at the cattle yards

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

A human heart posted:

LARPing at the cattle yards

Uh huh.

Seriously, though, the woods in New England are infested with the things.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.
I think there is 17 different infections, parasites, a tick can have or some crazy poo poo. I don't know why there is not a vaccine for Lyme, my dog has one, can't be that hard.

Also, is the new Akercocke any good?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

To Battle posted:

I think there is 17 different infections, parasites, a tick can have or some crazy poo poo. I don't know why there is not a vaccine for Lyme, my dog has one, can't be that hard.

Yeah it’s solid

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

To Battle posted:

There was one (Lymerix) but it was pulled off the market after people complained about it and the media gave voice to their fear of vaccines. They found some studies saying it could give them arthritis, which they misinterpreted, and raised hell about it, lowering sales enough for it to be taken off market by the manufacturer.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Everything out there is trying to kill us, all the time. Most of it you can't see. It is extremely metal.

And also metal that our bodies are able to keep us going (on average) 75 years.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

To Battle posted:

Very.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
New single from Jess and the Ancient Ones! It's really short, but really cool. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdQAq8e9PU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
legit surprised the scooby doo sound is still an ongoing concern in 2017

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Nordick posted:

New single from Jess and the Ancient Ones! It's really short, but really cool. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otdQAq8e9PU

I don't know what this is but it scratches an itch I didn't know I had so now I think I need to buy a ton of their music.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Eat poo poo, Bobby.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/10/2...dult-custodian/

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
there's no way he doesn't die in prison.

it's the 10,000th straw that breaks the camel's back

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Listened to the new Gwar record a few times through at work today, and on the whole I think it's got ups and downs. Definitely sounds more like 90's Gwar so if that's your speed then there you go. I do think Blothar does a pretty good job on the album and honestly has a pretty good range.

The Oderus tribute song though... I actually teared up a little at some point about it because I'm apparently the biggest baby on earth. Heartfelt ballad played by monsters for a guy who pissed on me on nine separate occasions and it actually hurts a little bit.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Awesome, I will have to buy it.

Also, Portal is teasing new music. I was not a fan of their last album so hopefully this one isn't to all over the god drat place for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=og_aw_WcuLo

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

xzzy posted:

I don't know what this is but it scratches an itch I didn't know I had so now I think I need to buy a ton of their music.

More Than Living is one of my all time favorite songs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OgHQx2B4U

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

To Battle posted:

Also, Portal is teasing new music. I was not a fan of their last album so hopefully this one isn't to all over the god drat place for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=50&v=og_aw_WcuLo

Oh hell yeah

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Seriously that song is god drat incredible. That buildup towards the end is just hnnggghhh :gizz:

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Dimebags Brain posted:

Sulfur Giants also owns hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofI2heJhcOc

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Not the heaviest thing on the planet, but Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering, like 50 Devin Townsend albums) has a new band Vuur and their album is out. It's kinda proggy and if you dig her voice it's a real treat.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Decibel Magazine Tour lineup got announced: Enslaved, Wolves in the Throne Room, Myrkur and Khemmis.

Weird that it has three black(ish) metal bands. It's also earlier than usual.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

tote up a bags posted:

Not the heaviest thing on the planet, but Anneke van Giersbergen (The Gathering, like 50 Devin Townsend albums) has a new band Vuur and their album is out. It's kinda proggy and if you dig her voice it's a real treat.

Anneke is 10/10 flawless but I wasn’t feeling the music video single they put out. The music was dull. But I guess anything feels uninteresting compared to a Devin Townsend project. I’ll have to give the full album a shot and see if it clicks.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Whoever linked that Spirit Adrift song about 20 pages back has done me a service. I'm loving that poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Vargatron posted:

Whoever linked that Spirit Adrift song about 20 pages back has done me a service. I'm loving that poo poo.

Me I think. I loving love that album more every listen. It’s the exact doomy heavy metal I need. It’s not proggy but I love how they’re making some fairly classic sounding metal without being tied to their influences and norms.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

The Decibel Magazine Tour lineup got announced: Enslaved, Wolves in the Throne Room, Myrkur and Khemmis.

Hell yeah that's my poo poo. Gonna try to make it to the PA date.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anneke is 10/10 flawless but I wasn’t feeling the music video single they put out. The music was dull.
This was my feeling about the one song I heard, too.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Whoever posted that 33 RPM Ride the Lighting link... well, that owned. The Kirk solos are still fast as hell. Creeping Death owned.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I saw this posted on instagram a little bit ago. I'll try to get to the SF show if I can because I definitely want to see Wolves and Enslaved live. I saw Myrkur when she toured with Behemoth so I'm interested to see how the new stuff sounds live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anneke is 10/10 flawless but I wasn’t feeling the music video single they put out. The music was dull. But I guess anything feels uninteresting compared to a Devin Townsend project. I’ll have to give the full album a shot and see if it clicks.

Yep, this is more or less what I got from it. She's on form but nothing else is really that exciting. Bit of a shame but I imagine the second album will be killer.