Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squidtentacle
Jul 25, 2016

I feel like it's more likely to be a Dark Souls situation for Woolie, eventually.

Pat: "Woolie Dark Souls is so cool."
Woolie: "Yeah, but it looks pretty generic and dumb, pass."

Five years later:

Woolie: "Why didn't you tell me it was this awesome I didn't know holy poo poo now I need to see everything"

This feels more likely because World is coming out and will be leagues more accessible, and Woolie now has the gateway of Marvel to show him.

And if he never does, eh, whatever. I'm not going to begrudge anyone not wanting to indulge something they don't have an interest in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm going to play so much MH World when it gets a PC release hopefully somewhere before the year 2050

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Andrast posted:

I'm going to play so much MH World when it gets a PC release hopefully somewhere before the year 2050

Until that day I'll just hang out and watch Squid play it I guess. :shobon:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

Because I KNOW Woolie's just going to play Marvel, jerk off to female hunter fanart, and never actually play Monster Hunter.

That seems like the optimal contact with Monster Hunter.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Barent posted:

Why wasn't Pat on the podcast?

He’s taken the Fan-Insert Character (aka Fuggins) to Japan because he said he’d never been. Also he later invited Paige too if she wanted.

If you get close to Pat he apparently just turns into this Saudi Prince and thinks nothing of spending huge amounts of cash on you.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Nilbop posted:

He’s taken the Fan-Insert Character (aka Fuggins) to Japan because he said he’d never been. Also he later invited Paige too if she wanted.

If you get close to Pat he apparently just turns into this Saudi Prince and thinks nothing of spending huge amounts of cash on you.

Pat implied quite a few crimes for the sake of getting Switches to his nakamas.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, there's been occasional stories of Pat being super generous for no reason. He may be Angry Pat, but he is also Giving Pat.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Despite how he acts, Pat is secretly the nicest member of the Zaibatsu.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean, it's kinda obvious on streams. The guy basically goes super paragon on games, also he lets his cat eat his entrails basically for 10 minutes at a time while reading donations

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Nilbop posted:

Paige has said Pat is the most generous person she knows.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.

hoobajoo posted:

collusion!

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hoobajoo posted:

He figured out how to min/max karma. Cue footage of him opening $400 dollars worth of loot boxes followed by him working at a soup kitchen.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Pat is that one friend you have that makes anything between some and a LOT more money than you and INSISTS to pay poo poo for you. If you don't have one of those there's a good chance you are it.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The zaibatsu seem pretty generous as a whole. I'm guessing they may feel lucky as hell for being able to do jobs they love and make good money for it, so they might be inclined to spread it around to friends and family.

Although I'm just guessing on this one, who the gently caress knows for sure.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Omg this podcast has nothing going on

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat is probably the most self-aware because he lived through the nightmare of getting a degree and working in a lovely retail job for nearly a decade with no hope.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Tae posted:

Pat is probably the most self-aware because he lived through the nightmare of getting a degree and working in a lovely retail job for nearly a decade with no hope.

Yeah, to hear him tell it he was really depressed and possibly suicidal until the channel picked up. I went through the same experience of working garbage jobs for years after getting a bachelor's and it is super soul crushing. Going through that can give you a heightened sense of empathy for other people's lives.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Nilbop posted:

It's worth mentioning that Fuggins isn't just some rando. They're apparently very close friends, and Pat has known him longer than Matt or Woolie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pat's also the one that, despite making GBS threads on children every chance he gets, reacts strongest to kids being in danger in any LP they do.

To the point that he felt stronger about a child murder in TWD s3 than any of the characters in the game did.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Captain Baal posted:

Omg this podcast has nothing going on

It had something I always appreciate - Woolie bringing out the dregs of emails, and just letting them ride.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/PeachSaliva/status/922713563738853378

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat's beard is getting out of control and will soon be larger than his face

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Rodyle posted:

Pat's beard is getting out of control and will soon be larger than his face

All he needs is a pointy hat and he can finally upgrade from Leprechaun to Gnome.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
I haven't really focused on best friends for about a year now. Glad Pat's got a great life now, it seems. Gonna start picking up the friendscast again, since I always enjoyed em'.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Patrick is a chaotic djinn

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If Pat turned his beard into a walrus stache he'd look like a young Bismarck.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
I know a guy at work who looks a lot like Pat, right down to the beard, except he's super loving ripped.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

I know a guy at work who looks a lot like Pat, right down to the beard, except he's super loving ripped.

I mean your options are limited at that height. Either get fit or melt

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Getting Up is such a perfect encapsulation of everything that was wrong with early-to-mid aughts XBox/PS2 games.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

As well as being a great example of Matt and Woolie making a bad game worse, because they've managed to play most of the game without actually learning how to play it, or pay attention to it at all.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Yeah while that's kind of funny I also don't really blame them for not giving a poo poo because what a boring loving generic PS2 game.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

FauxGateau posted:

I mean your options are limited at that height. Either get fit or melt

On the bright side, at that height it's cheap to get swole, pat's just lazy :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

This podcast is pretty weak, but "Clickbait DLC" is a pretty strong concept.

Barent
Jun 15, 2007

Never die in vain.
honestly I just want a podcast where pat & woolie bullshit about christianity the whole time

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Barent posted:

honestly I just want a podcast where pat & woolie bullshit about christianity the whole time
As an anti-dogma person myself, :same:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

I want the Holy Trinity to be explained entirely via fighting game metaphors.

Neo_Crimson fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 25, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

And the Gettin Up LP died as it lived. With Matt and Woolie yelling over the plot that the game didn't explain the plot.

Now bring on the inevitable THUG2.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Barent posted:

Sunday Bible Studies with Chewie and Fuckface are always strong. Woolie's way of describing everything in terms of video games and other nerd poo poo goes perfectly with biblical nonsense.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

And the Gettin Up LP died as it lived. With Matt and Woolie yelling over the plot that the game didn't explain the plot.

Now bring on the inevitable THUG2.

The plot was mega dumb though so I understand them missing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They missed it because the game is clearly incomplete and rushes to that ending, despite being the slowest god damned poo poo imaginable.