Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

It's a trick never enlist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

In the skellington army, the dental corps is larger than logistics, finance and signals put together.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Can the skeleton recruiter tell me what the bonuses are for enlisting in the skeleton army?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Lighter rucksacks, no one gives a drat about picking up brass and free meatsack removal.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

orange juche posted:

Can the skeleton recruiter tell me what the bonuses are for enlisting in the skeleton army?

Boneses? Lots of boneses...

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Jaguars! posted:

Lighter rucksacks, no one gives a drat about picking up brass and free meatsack removal.

bullshit

the skeleton army runs on goddamn brass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVrYbKBrI7o

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tonight on Ken Burns' Skeleton War

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Mr. Mambold posted:

Boneses? Lots of boneses...

Get boned every night.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hiding inside every good dogge is a skeleton waiting to spook you.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

bird food bathtub posted:

Hiding inside every good dogge is a skeleton waiting to spook you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09t3U4gna3A

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Ughhhh the company I interviewed with in DC last Thursday/Friday is awesome. I would definitely accept a job offer if they threw one my way, and a full time position was discussed when I was there but I didn’t do anything official to change my interview purpose from internship to job.

Their HR just called me to offer me an internship. I asked what full time options are immediately following the internship. They were under the impression that I’m graduating in 2019 rather than 2018. So now they are going to discuss it at a 4:30 staff meeting and call me back tomorrow.

God dammit I feel like my dream chick just said “let me think about it” after asking her to the prom.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
nah you'll be fine

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

My apartment is turning into a home gym. My property's gym has poo poo for equipment and no barbells at all. Bought a curl bar and a starter pack of bumper plates today. It would be great to have a power rack and a 7' bar but I think I'd have to get rid of my couch to make room. How bad is it to attempt bench-pres with a curl bar? Should I just buy a junior length barbell as well? I'm getting uneven progress from getting all of my chest work from dumbbells.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Look at this ridiculous skeleton acting like he has muscles

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

My apartment is turning into a home gym. My property's gym has poo poo for equipment and no barbells at all. Bought a curl bar and a starter pack of bumper plates today. It would be great to have a power rack and a 7' bar but I think I'd have to get rid of my couch to make room. How bad is it to attempt bench-pres with a curl bar? Should I just buy a junior length barbell as well? I'm getting uneven progress from getting all of my chest work from dumbbells.

narrow grip, which is what you're going to get with a curl bar, is tough on your shoulders.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

Look at this ridiculous skeleton acting like he has muscles

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Someone come babysit Monty for four days while I’m in Canada in early November.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It will cost me 110 dollars each way.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

bring him with you

we like doggos

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I’m going with a group from school. And they don’t allow dogs on the trip.

Trust me, I asked.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

You don't have any friends that will watch him in exchange for a few six packs of beer?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Yeah. But they aren’t the most responsible bunch. I’m a worrier no matter who takes care of him. The situation that would have him the safest is if my neighbors taking care of him, but they have two kids and cats and would leave him alone overnight in my house. Which I guess isn’t bad, but I would feel more comfortable if someone was with him overnight.

I’m just really neurotic about Monty.

I also don’t actually expect anyone to come to my part of VA just to take care of him.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Oct 25, 2017

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
oh poo poo

WHAT DO I DO?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
2 spoopy 2 drunk

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
wtf they really made a film called Thank You For Your Service

is it just two hours of charity golf tournaments and free beers at applebees?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Congratulatory glad handing without the happy ending.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I emailed my team yesterday telling them please for the love of god don't say poo poo to me about Veteran's Day since it's like two weeks to go. Half of them get it at least, the other half well I don't care but I told them not to say anything. Unfortunately I will still get about sixty people in my office thanking me next thursday :smithicide:

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm working Saturday Nov 11th..

I will be wearing my Class A uniform, Beret, raising the flag and yelling out the soldiers creed in the hospital every hour on the hour.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i will probably stay home and jerk off

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.

NUKES CURE NORKS posted:

Ughhhh the company I interviewed with in DC last Thursday/Friday is awesome. I would definitely accept a job offer if they threw one my way, and a full time position was discussed when I was there but I didn’t do anything official to change my interview purpose from internship to job.

Their HR just called me to offer me an internship. I asked what full time options are immediately following the internship. They were under the impression that I’m graduating in 2019 rather than 2018. So now they are going to discuss it at a 4:30 staff meeting and call me back tomorrow.

God dammit I feel like my dream chick just said “let me think about it” after asking her to the prom.

What area in DC?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Evil SpongeBob posted:

What area in DC?

It’s actually a firm that has their brick and mortar location in Alexandria but almost all of their clients are in DC. The firm has ~800 people but their office space only fits about 100 because they travel to the client and rarely do work at the firm’s location.

So the best answer I can give you is all over DC.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MurderBot posted:

I'm working Saturday Nov 11th..

I will be wearing my Class A uniform, Beret, raising the flag and yelling out the soldiers creed in the hospital every hour on the hour.

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. ITS LONE SURVIVOR AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, MARCUS LUTRELL. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME HAJI BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED KUNAR PROVINCE. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNing.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

bought $80 of tools so I could buy this poo poo too

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002
Wheel bearings were literally the worst thing I did on my Miata.

We've torn it down to the frame, for reference.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

For $10 you could have hit yourself in the dick with a new hammer and saved yourself the trouble

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah wheel bearings are some poo poo that I hand off to a mechanic and I don't bitch about the bill. They're a pain in the rear end to do right, and if you gently caress them up you have to do them again.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

My college is always sending me emails about the veteran poo poo going on and trying to get me involved etc. They sent a 2nd email about recognizing vets for Veterans Day, having them send in their pic/story I guess, pissed that only 5 people replied

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

orange juche posted:

Yeah wheel bearings are some poo poo that I hand off to a mechanic and I don't bitch about the bill. They're a pain in the rear end to do right, and if you gently caress them up you have to do them again.

Meh. Wheel bearings usually need to be overtorqued for preload, then bumped back and torqued to spec.

Like a humvee, the spec is 25ft-lb or so, but the preload is something like 40-50ft-lb. All its doing is seating the bearings fully in the race. The worst part is hand-packing the bearings.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Meh. Wheel bearings usually need to be overtorqued for preload, then bumped back and torqued to spec.

Like a humvee, the spec is 25ft-lb or so, but the preload is something like 40-50ft-lb. All its doing is seating the bearings fully in the race. The worst part is hand-packing the bearings.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Stolen from the gif thread for the amusement of Lingcodkilla
https://i.imgur.com/JjjDHwu.mp4

• Locked thread