Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
You can augment every slot. As far as I'm aware, Gem of Ease is the only one you can't use to augment. Since its used in the other recipe.

Different slots have different level requirements for the gem that they're going to consume.

30, 40, and 50 being the break points for weapons, accessories. and armor in that order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
You can use the gem of ease to augment. It's the one I used this season.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

FYI, this is the new Challenge Rift reward that will be coming with 2.6.1:

E: and 4,600,000 gold, which was auto-looted before all of the mats loaded on the screenshot.

I'll post a reminder on Monday, November 6th, to save your CR and wait for the start of the season to do it.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 21, 2017

mewse
May 2, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

FYI, this is the new Challenge Rift reward that will be coming with 2.6.1:

DBs but no gold?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

mewse posted:

DBs but no gold?

E: It's 4,600,000. You can't disable your pet on the PTR right now (F1 menu doesn't work), so it auto-collects it. I just did it and confirmed the number.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 21, 2017

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
You can augment every slot. Were you not using flawless royals ?

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lechtansi posted:

You kinda get used to it after a while.

Video of someone that has played since vanilla D3.

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
This seems like the sort of question that's been asked prior to every season, so I apologise in advance...

My understanding is that running neph rifts is the quickest levelling path once the new season starts (once you get the difficulty setting right); do you get GRift tokens when doing low level rifts? Not a dealbreaker either way (and there's a bunch of non-rift challenges required to get full haedrig's...), but a friend and I are trying to plan out what the first few hours are going to look like in terms of a quick start.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I don't believe you do. You can't Grift until 70, so I don't think the stones show up before then.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Rifts drop at least 1 key no matter the difficulty but you need to be level 70.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
If you absolutely want to min/max your leveling then it's best to run around high density areas outside of rifts and rack up killing spree bonuses, but lol just play rifts in a full party and have fun for a few hours. Get to 70, do the challenge rift for the week, craft some yellow gear, then follow the journey for your free set.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009

Swilo posted:

If you absolutely want to min/max your leveling then it's best to run around high density areas outside of rifts and rack up killing spree bonuses, but lol just play rifts in a full party and have fun for a few hours. Get to 70, do the challenge rift for the week, craft some yellow gear, then follow the journey for your free set.

Create a seasonal character, then hop into the challenge rift, then go back to your seasonal character and unpack the loot. Level up your blacksmith and jeweler and roll level-1 attainable items with the bloodshards.

This is the true path to victory.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Alternatively, if you just want a lvl 70 character ASAP and don't care which class, roll a Witch Doctor and run loops of Fields of Misery, casting Locust Swarm on anything that moves to get high Massacre bonuses.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

What? You can't augment with Amethyst, can you?! What would it even do??

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

+anal width

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm going to ruin any jokes because I hate everyone and everything.

You get vitality as your augment.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
So uh, the patch was released today. Yeah. See you in 3 weeks?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Swilo posted:

So uh, the patch was released today. Yeah. See you in 3 weeks?

Only 16 days; it's right around the corner!

mewse
May 2, 2006

I booked that friday off work with resentment filling my heart

Lukewarm Gazpacho
Aug 8, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Are the changes live for normal? I only ever play seasons so I honestly dont know

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Yeah, I think the patch went live today.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
How many bug fix patches will we get before the season starts?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Hobold posted:

How many bug fix patches will we get before the season starts?

Search your heart. You know the truth.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

At least one as there's currently a bug for Wizards using Deathwish that they know of and are working on.

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
As I have a good amount of mats on nonseasonal, will cube re-rolling give me the updated version of an item changed in the patch, i.e., blade of prophecy? I want to dick around a few builds while nothing really matters.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Seamonster posted:

As I have a good amount of mats on nonseasonal, will cube re-rolling give me the updated version of an item changed in the patch, i.e., blade of prophecy? I want to dick around a few builds while nothing really matters.

Yes.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Oh did all the OP super megazord item changes go live? I should check that out on my NS characters before deciding what to roll next month.

mewse
May 2, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

Oh did all the OP super megazord item changes go live? I should check that out on my NS characters before deciding what to roll next month.

Yep, 2.6.1 rolled out yesterday

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

what's the new hotness this season supposed to be? I'm leaning either crusader of barbarian myself, but if something is going to be broken as gently caress I'm more than willing to change my mind.

Did necro last season (which got me back into the game) so not really looking to do that again.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Cyrano4747 posted:

what's the new hotness this season supposed to be? I'm leaning either crusader of barbarian myself, but if something is going to be broken as gently caress I'm more than willing to change my mind.

Did necro last season (which got me back into the game) so not really looking to do that again.

Whatever starts the season as "best" never ends the season on top so play whatever the gently caress you want until the meta shakes out.

Starman pls OP this.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

DrSeRRoD posted:

At least one as there's currently a bug for Wizards using Deathwish that they know of and are working on.

What's the bug?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Top solo GR builds end of S11 (caveat 2.6.1 is completely different)

Barb 107 whirlwind with istvan's blades
Crusader 109 blessed hammer/seeker of the light
Demon Hunter 108 UE grenades
Monk 105 raiment generator
WD 112 LoN spirit barrage
Wizard 113 vyr'rasha lightning archon
Necro 120 trag'oul corpse lance

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
You can expect basically every class to hit or beat 120 this season, so it literally doesn't matter what you start with because hitting 70 to unlock Primals and speed clearing T13s will be trivial. After that point, swapping to any class will be simple since you have a constant loot rain.

mewse
May 2, 2006

It looks like D3 is on sale right now.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I looked a bit and the changes seem neat. I think I missed it, what are the brand new items? I see a lot of updated legendary ones, so maybe I just overlooked them.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

mewse posted:

D3 $10
RoS $10
Necro $10

Battle Chest is $20, but I think that's just the base game plus RoS

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

PathAsc posted:

I looked a bit and the changes seem neat. I think I missed it, what are the brand new items? I see a lot of updated legendary ones, so maybe I just overlooked them.
There's no new items, or even old items with new powers. Just updates to already existing ones.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

mewse posted:

WWHHOOOOOO! Nice move Blizz, purchase made and now I can get back in to the game! Also picked up the Necro pack for some boney good times.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Im going DH at first because you can upgrade a dagger immediately into 1 of 2 great options, which should be a nice fastlane to progressing through poo poo, but yeah I'll probably swap and try other classes at some point once we're speed clearing high difficulty stuff.

All of them look pretty fun with the across the board item buffs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mazz posted:

Im going DH at first because you can upgrade a dagger immediately into 1 of 2 great options, which should be a nice fastlane to progressing through poo poo, but yeah I'll probably swap and try other classes at some point once we're speed clearing high difficulty stuff.

All of them look pretty fun with the across the board item buffs.

The free set for DH this season is Nats so.. have fun with that.