Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
palet of bananas behind the cvs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

rear end struggle posted:

palet of bananas behind the cvs

slam a slice

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
https://twitter.com/tanehisicoates/status/922946400186519552

The greatest subtweet of our era.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
im feeling surprisingly good so im sure i forgot something

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I think it is naive to appeal to the baser parts of our nature. As I've gotten better off my views have shifted left. I'm not alone in that. Partially because I recognize a lot of "crapshoot" moments and partially because I've see first hand how non be productively feeding the capitalist machine nets me more money and free time whereas trying to actively benefit humanity has long rear end hours and no paycheck.

Even when the system benefits you it isn't too hard.to see that it is broken.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Got a guy named Doom Cat in MGS5 so that's who I'm playing from here on out when I can, currently stuck with the repeat missions aand repeat side ops cause I can't figure out how to make new missions appear

what was the last mission you did

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Cease to Hope posted:

what was the last mission you did

Eh I got a new mission to finally appear after doing a bunch of repeatable side missions.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Oct 25, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Hollismason posted:

Eh I got a new mission to finally appear after doing a bunch of repeatable side missions.

cool, you’re on the right track. the names of the last two missions are huge spoilers but they are #45 and #46.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

MGS5 is super misogynistic and no ironically it's just straight up kind of lovely

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Oct 25, 2017

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

Lemon Meringue?
just a simple apple pie. i usually go for something flashier, but this one's got nostalgia value being the go-to my mum used to make.

it turned out slightly too dry for my taste, but it's still p good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hollismason posted:

Got a guy named Doom Cat in MGS5 so that's who I'm playing from here on out when I can, currently stuck with the repeat missions aand repeat side ops cause I can't figure out how to make new missions appear

Gotta warn ya, the game's not finished so when you run out of missions it's gonna seem like there should still be more. The story just doesn't get a conclusion. The last one you get is 52.

Hollismason posted:

MGS5 is super misogynistic and no ironically it's just straight up kind of lovely

Understatement of the year.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

gently caress Mission 45 , what the gently caress

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Furnaceface posted:

I really dislike this because it doesnt account for the rightward shift in policy by those supposed liberal parties. Maybe its different in NZ, but here in Canada our Liberals are now pretty established right of center and still shifting further that way as our Conservative party goes Full America.

Maybe Canadians will get past their racism and ignore the American influence by voting NDP next election, but Im not exactly hopeful. If by some miracle it happens, this would be our new PM:

iirc by the time of the election, the libs were being positioned to the left of the ndp (by both trudeau and mulcair)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

the nz national party needs to pay eight mile productions $600,000

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I didn’t know this until today but apparently Scott Brown is the US ambassador to New Zealand now

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

exmarx posted:

plus interest. this is probably one of my favorite wtfs of the year

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

exmarx posted:

lose yourself
in the court case
you lose face
you're never gonna live it down

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I keep seeing tweets about Flake and they are very confusing until I remember they are not about Rammstein's keyboard player.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

iirc by the time of the election, the libs were being positioned to the left of the ndp (by both trudeau and mulcair)

This was a really dumb story that the media ran with and low info voters (so 99% of Canadians) believed it. Policy wise the NDP was still way further left than anything the Liberals were proposing. Mulcair just sucked at campaigning.

Also funny that all the left leaning proposals were nixed within the first 12 months of the party getting a majority win. Oh and the first thing they did as the governing party was authorize a sale of LAVs to Saudi Arabia who totally promised not to use them on civilians. They used them on civilians. Oh and there was supposed to be an inquiry into the thousands of missing indigenous women and oh its still in the planning phase?

I honestly hope you have better luck with your Liberal party. :smith:

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Only party worth being a part of is the Sex and Death Party

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I tried making a joke about Canadian politics but gently caress, dude. Thousands.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXnT-Q72tvg

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

just checked out a dutch hashtag ruin a date in four words and i swear to god twitter is a hellhole but dutch twitter is especially tragic. just this grim wasteland of unliked and unfunny tweets.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/uscpsc/status/922629864229875713

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
their usual content is actually nightmarish

https://twitter.com/uscpsc/status/922106151117950976

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

yeah who the gently caress still has a crt

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Born to nap

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

yeah who the gently caress still has a crt

Let me tell you about e-sports...

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

da motha fuckin consumer product safety share z0ne

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i'm going to apply for a grant to set up a wildlife camera at the wetlands because do you know what i found yesterday near our precious saltmarsh? evidence of cat.

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
i think i could make a decent thriller about trying to save endangered wildlife from the implacable hellish appetites of feral cats, a killer that can't be outwitted or outrun (i watched no country for old men for the first time last night)

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
no country for swamp hens

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

the old ceremony posted:

i'm going to apply for a grant to set up a wildlife camera at the wetlands because do you know what i found yesterday near our precious saltmarsh? evidence of cat.

:ohdear:

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

If you need some feral cat fighting tips, you should check out Strays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnVvzVmRN4

Spoiler: it's very good

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
And why must we submit to such petty concerns about one invasive animal or another? No, instead we must embrace all destruction. Let the cat eat swamp hen, let the man eat cat. Destroy the museums, let the dams crumble and sweep away all before them. Unleash the gates of madness and let it consume all goodness. Down with ideas.

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
happy b day btw*

*in 13 days

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
uh oh, rear end struggle is getting all nihilistic again. that usually ends up in a week-long probe

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faXM8bGc8Qw

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos

Cease to Hope posted:

uh oh, rear end struggle is getting all nihilistic again. that usually ends up in a week-long probe

my ideology is much like anacho-egoist futurism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

DoombatINC posted:

If you need some feral cat fighting tips, you should check out Strays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUnVvzVmRN4

Spoiler: it's very good

I strongly recommend The Uncanny (1977)

• Locked thread